PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Hornets Future Looks Bright

BIGBREED
11-20-2009, 12:26 PM
The New Orleans Hornets has lots of talent....on the bench! Byron Scott is kicking himself in the azz right now, for being so stubborn in his philosophy about playing rookies! If only he had played them and encourage them to just go out there and let their natural instincts take over, he would still be the coach of the Hornets!
Byron Scott lost his players by not listening to their input about the stagnant/confined/predictable offense. Byron Scott's Pride got in the way of his players and Management, after he was specifically told by management to play the younger players! But as David West said, " sometimes PRIDE can be a harmful thing"!
The firing of Byron Scott was needed, but I have to admit, I was very critical about Bower being the head coach and "Terrible" Tim Floyd being rehired as an assistant. But I can't deny that the Hornets look way better under this coaching staff. Tim Floyd may be "Terrible" as a head coach, but he's a great "Teacher of Basketball Fundamentals" They're doing the little things on Defense like:
- Hustling
- Boxing-out for rebounds(David West and Peja are crashing the boards)
- Playing the passing lanes
- Rotation

As for the OFFENSE
- the offense spreads the floor(confined under Coach Scott/pick&roll started at the free-throw line)
- better movement of the ball(makes the defense work to defend)
- running set plays w/ movement which allows other players to get open shots in the offense(Peja and Marcus Thornton have their own set plays, not just CP3 and DWest)
- Push the tempo on fastbreaks to use our speed(Bryon Scott had the Hornets playing 1/2 court ball)

But the most important thing this coaching staff gives this team is CONFIDENCE! The players aren't over thinking on the court, they have Confidence in themselves. The younger players are getting alot of playing time/experience while CP3 is out, which will prepare them for the playoffs. Once CP3 gets back and they get comfortable w/ the offense, the Hornets will be a playoff team to be recogned with.

*The Hornets have played only 13 out of 82 games.........the season ain't over!

WHILE STILL LEARNING EACH OTHER, THE HORNETS ARE LOOKING GOOD!!!!

kayface
11-20-2009, 05:37 PM
agreed, after watching the game lastnight i was extremely impressed with our team.. peja looked good and other players stepped up for west when he was having a bad night. thornton looked great and i was thoroughly impressed with the way collision kept his confidence late in the game even after missing all the shots he did, he hit a crucial 3 and had nice drive to the hoop

spacemandave
11-20-2009, 06:16 PM
i am impressed, throw juju and diogu in the mix and that cp3 guy and we can be good. been a while since hornets hustled like that.

Vinny642
11-20-2009, 06:54 PM
The problem that we have is who we play, we played Posey alot and Thorton not enough.

Thorton is a monster, I love this guy and so is Collison, bright futures. I would love to keep them in NO.

But great game yesterday, loved it!

Go HORNETS!

kayface
11-20-2009, 10:19 PM
i want to see diogu get some floor time! this kind was so good out of college and has shown some brilliance in the nba when given minutes.. i want to see what he can do when given consistent minutes throughout an entire season, i think he can be good

Vinny642
11-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Diogu is still hurt, it'll be like a week or so until he comes and plays

JDizzle
11-21-2009, 07:25 PM
hornets will come back no doubt chris paul getting hurt is what we needed now we no we can win without him and it gives the other players more confidence