PDA

View Full Version : Value Of Players Around The League

TheKing23
11-20-2009, 11:22 AM
I was interested to know how highly some of you guys valued certain players around the league, so I thought i'd create this thread.

Post a name of a player on your team (or any team for that matter) and others can respond by suggesting who they would trade for them from their team. You can then follow that up with another player from your team who's value interests you and hopefully we can develop a chain.

I'll start... What is JJ Hickson's value around the league? Who would you give up for him?

Venomous88
11-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Dumb thread

TheKing23
11-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Dumb thread

Thanks for your input *******.

DLeeicious
11-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Dumb thread

Then don't post in it.

I don't know too much about Hickson but he seems like he has a decent future. I really wouldn't be able to value him at this point...

Caron Butler? Who you take for him?

KnicksorBust
11-20-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm on my lunch break, I'll do it. Not a dumb thread.

Knicks Fan:

JJ Hickson - I know he's talented offensively but that's about it. From what I know he's not strong defensively and wouldn't fit with what the Knicks need. The Cavs would need more value than I would be willing to give so I would not be interested in him.

Caron Butler - I absolutely love his game. I would not be willing to take on any long-term contracts except for his but I would be willing to deal anyone on the Knicks roster not named Gallinari (yes, seriously).

TheKing23
11-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I love Butler's game and I think he would be a great fit at SG in Cleveland. I'd happily give up Big Z's expiring, Delonte West and a pick or two.

Silent
11-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I love Butler's game and I think he would be a great fit at SG in Cleveland. I'd happily give up Big Z's expiring, Delonte West and a pick or two.

thats not even a start for butler be realistic or get out of this thread

DLeeicious
11-20-2009, 12:06 PM

Oh really you'd give all that for Butler! :rolleyes:

Yeah I am a big fan of Caron's I just worry about his injuries. I would still give up a lot for the guy and gamble.

What about Anthony Randolph, seeing as he is on the block these days...

clutchski
11-20-2009, 12:08 PM
thats not even a start for butler be realistic or get out of this thread

LOL he started this thread :eyebrow:

TheKing23
11-20-2009, 12:14 PM
LOL he started this thread :eyebrow:

Hahaha, that's what I thought... But he's right, the Wiz wouldn't bite at that, but i'm not sure if they would be interested in Mo or Shaq's monster expiring and LeBron's out of the question.

As for Anthony Randolph, i'd give up anyone not named LeBron or Mo, dude has a huge amount of upside.

jimbobjarree
11-20-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm interested in Boozer's value. Before the season he's this unloyal, 'team ruiner' (didnt get that one), injury prone guy that wouldnt play 20 games this year for us (what the Bulls and Heat fans kept telling us over the summer).

Now he's on absolute fire averaging over 20-10 in the last 4/5 games, playing through the boos (which have since changed to BOOOZZZZZZZ again) showing very good professionalism, and actually is playing the best defense of his life. What would you give up for him?

as for the last few. Hicksons good but we dont need him, Butler I'd give Boozer for him, that'd be a good trade for both IMO. Anthony Randolph anyone not Deron or the Knicks 2010 pick

TheKing23
11-20-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm interested in Boozer's value. Before the season he's this unloyal, 'team ruiner' (didnt get that one), injury prone guy that wouldnt play 20 games this year for us (what the Bulls and Heat fans kept telling us over the summer).

Now he's on absolute fire averaging over 20-10 in the last 4/5 games, playing through the boos (which have since changed to BOOOZZZZZZZ again) showing very good professionalism, and actually is playing the best defense of his life. What would you give up for him?

as for the last few. Hicksons good but we dont need him, Butler I'd give Boozer for him, that'd be a good trade for both IMO. Anthony Randolph anyone not Deron or the Knicks 2010 pick

I would give anyone apart from LeBron for Booz. Always loved his game, and was sad to see him go (even though most Cavs fans would say they wouldn't want him back because of the circumstances he left under). Him and LeBron would be lethal in the pick and roll and he'd be a big body down low.

datmanuno
11-20-2009, 12:35 PM
labron to the hornets

mavwar53
11-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Oh really you'd give all that for Butler! :rolleyes:

Yeah I am a big fan of Caron's I just worry about his injuries. I would still give up a lot for the guy and gamble.

What about Anthony Randolph, seeing as he is on the block these days...

Randolph is not on the block, he is just a little disgruntled but that doesn't mean the warriors will deal him he is the number one player for the W's future. The guy is 7 feet tall and has good handles, how many players can say that.

Silent
11-20-2009, 12:43 PM
for Cleveland to get butler would have to center around Williams and a exp that be a decent start to that.....

for randolph im sorry to say it but Cleveland dont have enough to get him

TheKing23
11-20-2009, 03:17 PM
What about Brandon Jennings? What would people give up for him?

Rome
11-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Whatever it takes. Haha

Turtle55
11-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Love this thread idea

Obviously not looking for a pg (Jennings) or a young unproven pf (hickson) but would love to trade for Boozer. Tyrus and whatever expirings it takes to make the cap room.

What is the value of Tyrus Thomas or Kirk Hinrich?

Carey
11-20-2009, 04:35 PM
^Thunder fan here, we have too many forwards but i'd love Hinrich as Westbrook's backup and also play some 2-guard. I'd give the first rd pick we get from Phoenix next year, a 2nd rounder next year, Kyle Weaver, also maybe a swap of first rounders. It's tough because we have other guys like DJ White(you guys already have plenty of 4's), BJ Mullens(a project i'd like to hold on to)

Whats the value of Jeff Green?

Turtle55
11-20-2009, 04:37 PM
^Thunder fan here, we have too many forwards but i'd love Hinrich as Westbrook's backup and also play some 2-guard. I'd give the first rd pick we get from Phoenix next year, a 2nd rounder next year, Kyle Weaver, also maybe a swap of first rounders. It's tough because we have other guys like DJ White(you guys already have plenty of 4's), BJ Mullens(a project i'd like to hold on to)

You had me with the draft picks. If we could find a solid vet pg somewhere then I'd love to trade him to a team that has the cap room to absorb him and give up a pick or two.

Turtle55
11-20-2009, 04:41 PM

Didn't see the Jeff Green question until after I submitted. I think he's the guy OK City should trade to get some interior toughness. Don't think Chicago would be interested in him but maybe Kevin Love if they decide to break up him and Jefferson. Might cost you a little more than just Jeff though.

TheKing23
11-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Love this thread idea

Obviously not looking for a pg (Jennings) or a young unproven pf (hickson) but would love to trade for Boozer. Tyrus and whatever expirings it takes to make the cap room.

What is the value of Tyrus Thomas or Kirk Hinrich?

Kirk Hinrich is a guy who i'm very high on... He should be a starter in the league, just unfortunate he's playing behind Rose.

The Cavs have a crowded back court, but i'd would love to have his defense and shooting... I'd give up Delonte and a first rounder (he has a $500,000 buyout clause next year) for him.

TheKing23
11-20-2009, 05:17 PM

I'd give up anyone not named LeBron, Mo or Shaq for Jeff Green. I think he has huge upside and would be the perfect fit alongside Shaq stretching the floor out to the three point line.

I think he is very valuable to your team's future success... A defensive minded presence down low with him in the front court (Tyson Chandler, Emeka Okafor, Marcus Camby) would be great for the Thunder.

ragee
11-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Deron Williams! Wow I wish he is a Blazer uniform! I'd trade Roy, Blake, Andre Miller and future picks for him!!!!!!

ragee
11-20-2009, 05:29 PM

I love Jeff Green! I don't know if I would want to trade him though because my favorite teams (Mavs, Blazers, Magic) are all crowded in the forward position... I think the Thunders would be dumb if somehow, he got traded...

TheKing23
11-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Deron Williams! Wow I wish he is a Blazer uniform! I'd trade Roy, Blake, Andre Miller and future picks for him!!!!!!

Wow... You'd give up all that for him?

I think a straight up Roy for Williams trade would be pretty fair. Those two are so close in ability and equally important to their teams so that could be a fair deal.

Stunner
11-20-2009, 05:39 PM
What is my boy Nick Young value around the league?

Stunner
11-20-2009, 05:40 PM

I think a straight up Roy for Williams trade would be pretty fair. Those two are so close in ability and equally important to their teams so that could be a fair deal.

Yeah Future Roster 2010

Blazers

D-Will
Rudy
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden

Jazz

Maynor
Roy
Brewer
Milsap
Okur

Silent
11-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Kirk Hinrich is a guy who i'm very high on... He should be a starter in the league, just unfortunate he's playing behind Rose.

The Cavs have a crowded back court, but i'd would love to have his defense and shooting... I'd give up Delonte and a first rounder (he has a $500,000 buyout clause next year) for him.

west aint worth much and Cleveland first is worth less bulls gm would laugh at that offer

sofargone
11-20-2009, 06:25 PM
what would you guys give up for bargnani hypothetically?

MiamiHeat
11-20-2009, 06:28 PM
what would you guys give up for bargnani hypothetically?

a cookie and chris quinn?

I think is pretty fair

Stunner
11-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Nick Young

sofargone
11-20-2009, 06:31 PM

I think is pretty fair

i HATE miami heat fans. theyre such arogent *******s. its not even that funny bargnani is like 17ppg and 6rpg so.....im not sure why youre laughing once wade leaves maybe youll have alot to laugh at.

Giants-49ers-Ws
11-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Anthony Morrow

TheKing23
11-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Anthony Morrow

There's not much the Cavs have that the Warriors would want for him but he is a talent. Best shooter in the league in my opinion.

Turtle55
11-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Nick Young

We've discussed it before but I'd give up James Johnson for Young.

Turtle55
11-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Anthony Morrow

It sould take multiple players due to salary but something involving Tyrus. Though GS doesn't need a skinny young pf. So maybe another deal involving Salmons and Azubuike?

Turtle55
11-20-2009, 09:03 PM
i HATE miami heat fans. theyre such arogent *******s. its not even that funny bargnani is like 17ppg and 6rpg so.....im not sure why youre laughing once wade leaves maybe youll have alot to laugh at.

Definitely Tyrus, Hinrich, pretty much anyone but Deng, Rose, and Noah.

JWO35
11-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Tayshaun Prince

Bulls_fan90
11-20-2009, 09:26 PM

:cheers:

What would you guys give up for Noah. He's a fan favourite here in Chicago and is leading the league in rebounding. Im just not sure how the rest of the league rate him.

Great thread bro.

BkOriginalOne
11-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Dumb thread

What do you expect, look at his picture. Leave him alone, He DEED IT!

J_M_B
11-20-2009, 09:30 PM

I think is pretty fair

How about Joel Anthony and a box of crackers?

I think that would work out for both teams in the long run. Toronto gets a defensive minded center and Chris Bosh can eat the crackers when he gets hungry. Miami gets the soft, jump shooting center they always wanted :)

J_M_B
11-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Michael Beasley

TheKing23
11-20-2009, 10:20 PM
:cheers:

What would you guys give up for Noah. He's a fan favourite here in Chicago and is leading the league in rebounding. Im just not sure how the rest of the league rate him.

Great thread bro.

I LOVE his hustle... He's like a more offensively developed Varejao. Great guy to have on your team, horrible to play against. I'd give up most players on our team to get him (apart from LeBron, Mo, maybe Delonte) and picks. Nice piece to build around.

TheKing23
11-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Michael Beasley

If Beasley ever gets his mind straight and fully focuses on his game he can be a consistent 20/10 guy. LeBron is the only guy I wouldn't trade for him. He has enormous upside but he needs to prove to Spoelstra he can focus on his game... With minutes he'll get numbers and then the respect will come.

TO Rapz
11-20-2009, 10:33 PM
In all seriousness though, what is the value for Andrea Bagnani outthere, and lets say the Raptors fail at the midway point, at the trade deadline what would the value of Chris Bosh be?

MiamiHeat
11-20-2009, 10:38 PM

lol
somebody is mad about me dissing their little ***** "c"(sf) andrea

where is wade gonna leave? to the store to buy a soda then come back and practice with Bosh to get ready for the 2010 season?

:cool:

astrosmaniac
11-20-2009, 10:52 PM

you do realize its a running joke among psd posters that chris quinn is extremely good (ala the mike james jokes)

astrosmaniac
11-20-2009, 10:54 PM
In all seriousness though, what is the value for Andrea Bagnani outthere, and lets say the Raptors fail at the midway point, at the trade deadline what would the value of Chris Bosh be?

i would trade mcgrady, scola or landry, and a 1st for bosh

J_M_B
11-20-2009, 10:56 PM

Proabably Michael Beasley, an expiring(maybe Udonis Haslem), and a first round pick.

nipo10847
11-20-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm on my lunch break, I'll do it. Not a dumb thread.

Knicks Fan:

JJ Hickson - I know he's talented offensively but that's about it. From what I know he's not strong defensively and wouldn't fit with what the Knicks need. The Cavs would need more value than I would be willing to give so I would not be interested in him.

Caron Butler - I absolutely love his game. I would not be willing to take on any long-term contracts except for his but I would be willing to deal anyone on the Knicks roster not named Gallinari (yes, seriously).

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
wade, lebron stay up!! He is coming!!! :rolleyes:

sofargone
11-20-2009, 11:13 PM
lol
somebody is mad about me dissing their little ***** "c"(sf) andrea

where is wade gonna leave? to the store to buy a soda then come back and practice with Bosh to get ready for the 2010 season?

:cool:

we won:) and bargnani put up 24 and 10 :)

MiamiHeat
11-20-2009, 11:17 PM
we won:) and bargnani put up 24 and 10 :)

yeah
Bosh gave a nice audition for Pat Riley

;)

sofargone
11-20-2009, 11:24 PM
yeah
Bosh gave a nice audition for Pat Riley

;)

:horse:

Turtle55
11-21-2009, 02:28 PM
I'd rather have Bargnani than anyone on the HEAT other than Wade.

LanceUpperCut
11-21-2009, 02:56 PM

I think is pretty fair

Well he lit you guys up for 24 and 10. But then again it is you guys. And by the way I like the heat but some of the fans are just complete douchbags, no offence to any of the Heat fans that can hold a normal chat with out some stupid *** comment. And yes I know theres alot of Raps fans that are the same way.

nyanks79
11-21-2009, 03:25 PM
What would people give up for Dlee? He expires after this year, but assume you have already agreed to terms with him.

Turtle55
11-21-2009, 07:00 PM
What would people give up for Dlee? He expires after this year, but assume you have already agreed to terms with him.

Hinrich or Tyrus and Jerome James expiring. I've always liked Lee quite a bit.

TheKing23
11-22-2009, 01:39 PM

I like him but he would improve his value a great amount if he learnt to play defense (something he'll never learn under D'Antoni)

What about Greg Oden? What would people give for him?

ragee
11-22-2009, 10:30 PM

True but I think D-Will's value is so much higher because of the fact that he is a pg... I don't think a straight up trade would be welcomed by the Jazz... Yes, I would trade all that for D-Will... As much as I like Roy and appreciate how good he is, an elite pg is what the Blazers need... Besides, we have Rudy to fill in the starting sg position... We have Webster to back him up then Outlaw and Batum can handle the sf mins..

jimbobjarree
11-22-2009, 10:50 PM
yeah I woulnt trade D Will for Roy

Turtle55
11-23-2009, 10:05 AM
I would consider D Will and Roy's value almost identical. So I probably don't make that trade on either side. Just keep what you have and enjoy.

ragee
11-23-2009, 04:58 PM
yeah I woulnt trade D Will for Roy

See what I meant? I understand Jazz fans though... I wouldn't trade D-Will for Roy either!