PDA

View Full Version : Durant on VC in Orlando

ThuglifeJ
11-19-2009, 11:06 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2009/11/kevin-durant-on-vince-carter-i-still-look-up-to-him.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2Fmagic%2Fbasketblog+% 28Magic+BasketBlog%29

Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant has reached superstar status in the NBA, but the 21-year-old still sounds like a kid when he talks about Orlando's Vince Carter.

I thought he was the best player ever," Durant said before tonight's game. "I still look up to him. Even though people say he’s not the old Vince Carter, I’ve watched him in the league since I’ve been here, and he’s proved people wrong. So, I’m still a big fan. He’s still my favorite player.”

lol at picture

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a5/fullj.eb759f8f7550b2e72f214db3a733f034/eb759f8f7550b2e72f214db3a733f034-getty-90040896fm048_thunder_magic.jpg

sofargone
11-19-2009, 11:16 PM
great.
i dont wanna be a dick but you cant post picks

Toenail Clipper
11-19-2009, 11:19 PM
great.
i dont wanna be a dick put you cant post picks

dick dick dick dick dick

Theanswer76
11-19-2009, 11:21 PM
great.
i dont wanna be a dick put you cant post picks

dick alert

Goon.Weezy
11-19-2009, 11:22 PM
looks like durant is gonna cry

sofargone
11-19-2009, 11:24 PM
dick dick dick dick dick

youre a clipper fan you cant talk.

Chronz
11-19-2009, 11:34 PM
I wonder who Vince grew up idolizing and got to play with/against at the end of his career????

sofargone
11-19-2009, 11:37 PM
I wonder who Vince grew up idolizing and got to play with/against at the end of his career????

kobe

NAT

spreadeagle
11-19-2009, 11:42 PM

Why look up to Vince? he's never won anything,basically quit on two teams.Looks non intrested in playing the game all the time.Had all the talent in the world and no heart! Look up to Paul Pierce,Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant...

rabzouz 96
11-19-2009, 11:57 PM
great.
i dont wanna be a dick but you cant post picks

you cant post picks

you cant post picks

ThuglifeJ
11-20-2009, 12:07 AM
Why look up to Vince? he's never won anything,basically quit on two teams.Looks non intrested in playing the game all the time.Had all the talent in the world and no heart! Look up to Paul Pierce,Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant...

yes because getting traded from the Nets is giving up on your team...after stating "I want to remain a Net next year"

Punkindrublic03
11-20-2009, 12:14 AM

idiot

Shady66
11-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Didnt vince look up to Dr. J? i thought i heard it in an interview, could be wrong though

53 HOWARD
11-20-2009, 12:19 AM

+1 The guy is a grade A *******.

spreadeagle
11-20-2009, 12:22 AM
+1 The guy is a grade A *******.

He will be best known as a slam dunk champ:clap: and a guy who looks like hes been shot after a slight elbow to the chest.

53 HOWARD
11-20-2009, 12:33 AM
He will be best known as a slam dunk champ:clap: and a guy who looks like hes been shot after a slight elbow to the chest.

Ya didn't he change his name to Wince Carter?

sofargone
11-20-2009, 12:39 AM
Ya didn't he change his name to Wince Carter?
mhhhh no i dont think he did

Toenail Clipper
11-20-2009, 12:57 AM

You're Canadian, you can't talk.

lmaohahaha
11-20-2009, 01:14 AM

you're a dick you cant talk.

showtym24
11-20-2009, 01:56 AM
LMFAO @ the picture durant looks so stoked to see his hero.

arkanian215
11-20-2009, 02:13 AM
quit are you kidding me? vince didnt quit the nets. get your facts straight.

spreadeagle
11-20-2009, 02:19 AM

Not quit as in Im not gunna play here like he did in Toronto.But quit as in just jackin up crappy jumpers instead of getting to the basket like he can.His game goes right in the crapper on a non championship caliber team.He could never be the #1 guy on a great team.He may do ok as Superman and Lewis's sidekick Id take Durant right now over Vince in his prime anyday

Raph12
11-20-2009, 03:23 AM

LMFAO at Paul Pierce making this list of champions, truth be told, Pierce was in the same position as VC before he got two future HOFers put into his lap.

Pierce would still be another good player without a ring if KG and Ray-Ray weren't in town... heart of champion my ***.

VC idolized MJ and got to play against him as well.

_KB24_
11-20-2009, 03:49 AM
Carter>>>>>>>>Pierce any day of the week

And to the dumbasses who said what did Vince do......

How about being one of the most athletic, entertaining players of all time and being the HANDS DOWN greatest dunker of all time.

B2theRY
11-20-2009, 10:01 AM

people are actually clipper fans?

miller74
11-20-2009, 10:16 AM

Ya nothing like in Toronto where he pulled the "im not going to dunk anymore" man what a loser this guy is, will never win

rapjuicer06
11-20-2009, 10:25 AM
wow, lot of hate on vince. he's a damn good ball player. you get stuck on ****** *** teams and see how much you love playing there. see how much of an effort you give when at the end ur still guna lose. having the players around you being traded...but in a rebuilding team when your in the closing years of your prime......yea not very easy to handle. so **** all of you

miller74
11-20-2009, 10:47 AM
wow, lot of hate on vince. he's a damn good ball player. you get stuck on ****** *** teams and see how much you love playing there. see how much of an effort you give when at the end ur still guna lose. having the players around you being traded...but in a rebuilding team when your in the closing years of your prime......yea not very easy to handle. so **** all of you

It wasnt just another player on a team, hes was the franchise, an icon to the city, he put the raptors on the map and was the best player to ever play in Toronto. But he kept gettin hurt and couldnt handle the criticism. how do you have an ex dunk champ saying he wasnt gonig to dunk anymore. being unhappy is one thing, be a man and play instead of quitting on a team and an entire city

krest213
11-20-2009, 10:54 AM
i dont see anything wrong. with him idolizing VC. you people need to get a life.

PapelbonLester
11-20-2009, 11:04 AM
HAHAHA all you ppl hate on vince carter.....do u remember what teams he use to bring to the playoffs????? yes he never won but look what squads he brought to the playoffs.... SINGLE HANDED. Good for vince that he might win a ring. good for him

PapelbonLester
11-20-2009, 11:04 AM
HAHAHA all you ppl hate on vince carter.....do u remember what teams he use to bring to the playoffs????? yes he never won but look what squads he brought to the playoffs.... SINGLE HANDED. Good for vince that he might win a ring. good for him. **** the haters

miller74
11-20-2009, 11:30 AM
HAHAHA all you ppl hate on vince carter.....do u remember what teams he use to bring to the playoffs????? yes he never won but look what squads he brought to the playoffs.... SINGLE HANDED. Good for vince that he might win a ring. good for him

Single handedly? Antonio Davis was an All Star, TMAC and Charles Oakley MO pete were also there. They had a solid team.
Game 7 in Philly, hey why not fly to Chapel Hill, NC to get my diploma. I know a college education is great good for him, but u have to wonder where u head/heart was at.

king9er
11-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Why hate on Vince when there are Kwame Browns in the league.

*Superman*
11-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Haha. That picture is so awesome. That's cool KD is a good kid.

rapjuicer06
11-20-2009, 01:55 PM
all you haters can suck his dick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1O1ZXAFrc8&NR=1

King P
11-20-2009, 02:13 PM
VC is my favorite player. IMO he is a Hall Of Famer. I hope he wins a ring with the Magic this year, so he can shut all the haters up.

ThuglifeJ
11-20-2009, 10:18 PM
LMFAO at Paul Pierce making this list of champions, truth be told, Pierce was in the same position as VC before he got two future HOFers put into his lap.

Pierce would still be another good player without a ring if KG and Ray-Ray weren't in town... heart of champion my ***.

VC idolized MJ and got to play against him as well.

VC's Idol was Dr J..

if you dont know dude just dont post it ha. Good post on Pierce tho, Pierce was even worse with a bunch of weak players like VC with Raptors. Davis was similiar to Pierce's Antoine Walker...not going anywhere

Whoever brought up Tmac is dumb becuz it was a rookie Tmac, not the Orlando tmac. And Davis was pretty good but nothing amazing. Mo Pete=role player. Oakley? hahaha..wow ppl just talk out their ***.

btw y is this all of a sudden a "hate VC" thread.. VC is a humble dude n it's been 5 years since toronto. Let it go Raptor fans for real..Vince was something else to watch and is still an amazing player.

Unless you guys really wanna try convincing Durant how bad of a person VC is good luck...the look of him in that picture is love hah.

Good luck VC and Durant

SF25
11-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Lol I don't like Durant but we have the same favorite player. That picture is priceless.

sofargone
11-20-2009, 11:56 PM
people are actually clipper fans?

i think toenail clipper is like the only one on the whole site hahahah, hes pretty cool though

smith&wesson
11-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Didnt vince look up to Dr. J? i thought i heard it in an interview, could be wrong though

YEAH, dr J was vinces fav player of all time. and a big part of why he was upset towards the end of his career in toronto was that bob babcock was hired as a gm instead if Dr j.

the ironic part is that babcock then traded carter for eric and aron williams.
(worst trade noted in history) and then the raps were forced to buy out alonzo's contract because he refused to play for the raps.

so we lost carter, paid alonzo to not show up and then got two bench players who were out of the league shortly after. :facepalm:

d-baller23
11-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Don't hate the player hate the game, Vince Carter is a future HOFamer, he is one of the elite players in the league, and he doesn't care about the haters and the critics. He just wants to win. See when the Orlando Magic took Vince in, they told him he was going to have to leave his ego, and his lack of effort at the door. Every noght I see him play in a Magic Jersey, I see heart, effort, and the determination to win.

T.O-Balla
11-21-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm from TO and still got love for VC. Of this decade he is the best dunker. There is no one that can finish like him, he just dunks like he's gunna tear the rim off.

vash9
11-21-2009, 04:20 AM

Lmao. I like how you just automatically post that he has no heart and hasn't won anything. AND I LOVE how you say he quit on 2 teams.

Technically, he only quit on 1.

He wanted to remain a Nets in AN INTERVIEW and his leadership was the reason we won as much games as we did, but was traded for the best situations for both sides.

You fail.

And i'm sorry Vince didn't have Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen at his side. Paul Pierce ain't **** without other hall of famers.

Who did Vince have?...no one, until now.