PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Should Trade For Anthony Randolph

BIGBREED
11-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Since everyone wants the New Orleans Hornets to pull off a trade, I started looking for trade options that are realistic in the NBA, rather than for the XBOX 360!

The HORNETS should inquire about former LSU player SF/PF- Anthony Randolph of the Golden State Warriors. He wants out of Golden State badly, and the HORNETS need "athletic" wing players. Lets reunite Anthony Randolph and Marcus Thornton, who both played at LSU. I came up with this trade....

NEW ORLEANS HORNETS trades
SF- Julien Wright 2,000,040(09/10); 2,858,056(10/11)
SG- James Posey 6,031,800(09/10); 6,478,600(10/11); 6,925,400(11/12)
TOTALS: 8 mil

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS trades
SF- Anthony Randolph 1,837,560(09/10); 1,965,720(10/11); 2,911,231(11/12); 4,049,522(12/13)
PG- Speedy Claxton 5,209,454(09/10) [expiring contract]
TOTALS: 7 mil

** If Golden State doesn't except JuJu/Posey long contracts, we can throw in Bobby Brown 736,420; he's GS type of player and he can replace Monta Ellis scoring, after he's traded

New Orleans Hornets gets
SF- Anthony Randolph
PG- Speedy Claxton

Golden State gets
SF- Julien Wright
SF- James Posey
PG- Bobby Brown(Optional)

**************New Look Hornets***********

C- Okafor/ Armstrong
PF- West/ Songaila
SF- Stojakovic/ Randolph (will get alot of mins due to injuries/ Peja defense)
SG- Brown/ Thornton/ Stojakovic (can start at SG and Randolph start at SF)
PG- CP3/ Collison/ Claxton

[THE NUMBERS WORK IN THIS TRADE PEOPLE]

*Don't talk about any CP3 trades, cuz we ain't trading him. These numbers work for both teams

Hollywood Butt
11-19-2009, 11:46 AM
that is the stupidist s##t i ever heard

BIGBREED
12-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Looks like I was right again people!

BIGBREED
12-16-2009, 09:34 PM
that is the stupidist s##t i ever heard

Doesn't sound so stupid now, huh?

JDizzle
12-16-2009, 09:51 PM
idk why golden state would do this trade be a steal for the hornets

Vinny642
12-16-2009, 10:28 PM
We do need to make something happen, I wouldnt mind Randolph.

saintdrew
12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
yeah i wouldn't mind randolph either. he's a great young player in the nba, and adds a new dynamic and a surplus of versatility to our game.

however, i don't see why they would want posey & wright or brown in return. i don't think that trade would necessarily happen, but the idea of acquiring randolph certainly intrigues me.

ballpd05
12-17-2009, 03:10 PM
and some much needed athleticism

Necrosis
12-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Man what are you smoking? lol, i have just skimmed two threads that you have posted in the OP that is, and they are ridiculous.

why would they trade the best player in the deal for a mediocre potential player and a longer contract. So they give you guys cap relief, take your garbage, give you the best player in the deal with star potential.

It makes no sense at all, bobby brown cannot replace monta ellis scoring LMAO.

ballpd05
12-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Man what are you smoking? lol, i have just skimmed two threads that you have posted in the OP that is, and they are ridiculous.

why would they trade the best player in the deal for a mediocre potential player and a longer contract. So they give you guys cap relief, take your garbage, give you the best player in the deal with star potential.

It makes no sense at all, bobby brown cannot replace monta ellis scoring LMAO.

Anthony Randolph is a malcontent, according to sources. And often times malcontents get dealt for much less than they are worth because they are not producing because they are visually unhappy and because they become locker room and media distractions.

That is why when you get someone crying to the media about or b****ing they often get traded for much less because other GMs know you HAVE to get rid of him and won't offer their top tier players.

I'm not saying they will do this because while they may end up giving him up for garbage and lesser potential. They will want to give him up for expiring garbage or lesser potential. And Randolph's contract isn't that expensive making it harder to get a player of top dollar for him.

The only possibility for else is a swap of malcontents.

Necrosis
12-19-2009, 03:43 PM
agreed again, sure you could get randolph. But you wont get him with an expiring contract (that literally makes no sense) and then get rid of your garbage contracts that are long term.

You would have to give up youth and maybe a pick or something. Expirings or a pick, they won't give up expirings, take on bad contracts and give up the best talent.

I was arguing about the OP's proposal, you are arguing a strawman here, i didn't make the argument that you are defeating at all.

ballpd05
12-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Point taken

cro_2pac
12-19-2009, 06:28 PM
no chance for this happening

DQL
01-01-2010, 11:20 PM
no way would Randolph come that cheap. Posey's contract is horrible. Him for Claxton is not even gonna happen. Even if the Warriors want to dump Randolph, they can get way way more than that. I'm a Heat fan and I'd give up two 2010 1st's (likely in the mid-to-late teens) to get him.