PDA

View Full Version : Will the New Jersey Nets break a record this season?

lakerssssssss
11-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Do you guys think the Nets will beat the 1972-73 Philadelphia 76ers record for least wins in an nba season? (Philadelphia was 9-73)

Toenail Clipper
11-19-2009, 12:22 AM
I don't think so. But if they play the dumb Clippers, they will get a win.

sofargone
11-19-2009, 12:23 AM
No. they have half their roster injured including their best player. they'll win between 19-28 games imo but you gotta wonder...if they dont win against new york when will it ever come?

also i think this was posted before :P

ChiSox219
11-19-2009, 12:24 AM
No

If I'm a Nets fan, I'm happy we are winless. They can add John Wall + a Max contract + another $10-12 million in cap space.

Harris
Wall
Lebron
Boozer
Lopez

CDR

That's nasty.

Vinny642
11-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Clippers do really blow :p

But I doubt the Nets set the record.

AWC713
11-19-2009, 12:43 AM
No

If I'm a Nets fan, I'm happy we are winless. They can add John Wall + a Max contract + another $10-12 million in cap space.

Harris
Wall
Lebron
Boozer
Lopez

CDR

That's nasty.

LeBron probably want to go to a winner...he's not leaving Cleveland to go to a lottery team

tr4shb0t
11-19-2009, 12:44 AM
I hope they do. I'm rooting for them to break it :)

ChiSox219
11-19-2009, 12:47 AM
LeBron probably want to go to a winner...he's not leaving Cleveland to go to a lottery team

That team is a winner

asandhu23
11-19-2009, 12:51 AM
No way. 9 games? If Warriors can get 3 wins out of 11 games with only 7 players healthy, no centers, a rookie point guard and no defense, there is no way in hell Nets can't win 9 games

HoopsDrive
11-19-2009, 12:53 AM
If the roster keeps getting plagued by injuries... dammnn

We could be looking at a new all time low in total wins AND longest losing streak.

ManRam
11-19-2009, 12:56 AM

NJ with LeBron is no different than Cleveland with LeBron...maybe even slightly better (Lopez and Harris might be better than anything Cleveland has to offer). Throw in another good player (Boozer might be unrealistic) and they are an instant contender. Add a top 3 draft pick, and yikes.

Toenail Clipper
11-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Clippers do really blow :p

But I doubt the Nets set the record.

Blake Griffin+Eric Gordon>>>>>>>>Chris Paul

rabzouz 96
11-19-2009, 01:07 AM
No

Harris
Wall
Lebron
Boozer
Lopez

CDR

That's nasty.
this

That team is a winner
and this.

abe_froman
11-19-2009, 01:59 AM
No

Harris
Wall
Lebron
Boozer
Lopez

CDR

That's nasty.
couple things to consider
1.the team with the worst record rarely wins the lotto(its only happened twice since it expanded to all non playoff teams)...so getting wall would be very slim
2.2010 guys would be scared off by their record.you say the line up is a winner,but it has to be proven first,and going winless is proving the opposite

madiaz3
11-19-2009, 04:45 AM
No

Harris
Wall
Lebron
Boozer
Lopez

CDR

That's nasty.

Pipe dream.

ChiSox219
11-19-2009, 07:27 AM
couple things to consider
1.the team with the worst record rarely wins the lotto(its only happened twice since it expanded to all non playoff teams)...so getting wall would be very slim
2.2010 guys would be scared off by their record.you say the line up is a winner,but it has to be proven first,and going winless is proving the opposite

1. They still have the best chance, and if not, picking 2nd or 3rd there were still be great players available.

2. These guys are not stupid and I don't buy into that, especially for the Nets who have the billionaire Russian playboy and Jay Z owning it up

nolin
11-19-2009, 07:41 AM
No

Harris
Wall
Lebron
Boozer
Lopez

CDR

That's nasty.

That is nasty but why is lebron going there when they might be moving? Not happening.

ChiSox219
11-19-2009, 08:05 AM
That is nasty but why is lebron going there when they might be moving? Not happening.

Why wouldn't he want to play for a team in Brooklyn?

Regardless, my point was the Nets have a lot of room to work, if they don't sign Lebron, there's Bosh, Joe Johnson, Amare, etc. and they can also add a second free agent for about 10-12 million and then have a high lottery pick to go with two young all-stars they already have. The Nets are in great shape.

King P
11-19-2009, 01:25 PM
No

Raph12
11-19-2009, 01:38 PM
How about Houston magically winning the #1 pick, drafting Wall, Yao making a full recovery, returning better than before and getting Lebron in the offseason.

PG - Aaron Brooks
SG - John Wall
SF - Lebron James
PF - Luis Scola
C - Yao Ming
Bench - Trevor Ariza, Shane Battier, etc...

Now that's dirty, but it's still not gonna happen.

CityofTreez
11-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Blake Griffin+Eric Gordon>>>>>>>>Chris Paul

Chris Paul>>>>>>>>>Baron Davis + Al Thorton's pencil frame :nod:

ChiSox219
11-19-2009, 02:04 PM
How about Houston magically winning the #1 pick, drafting Wall, Yao making a full recovery, returning better than before and getting Lebron in the offseason.

PG - Aaron Brooks
SG - John Wall
SF - Lebron James
PF - Luis Scola
C - Yao Ming
Bench - Trevor Ariza, Shane Battier, etc...

Now that's dirty, but it's still not gonna happen.

Rockets won't have the cap space for Lebron

Raph12
11-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Rockets won't have the cap space for Lebron

Well since it's a perfect world Lebron would take a paycut.

I'm just showing other people how stupid they sound...

sofargone
11-19-2009, 02:24 PM
when does harris come back?

Big Zo
11-19-2009, 05:16 PM
I just hope they break the Heat's record of 0-17 to start a season.

King P
11-19-2009, 05:30 PM
when does harris come back?
Saturday

Sportfan
11-19-2009, 05:32 PM
No

Harris
Wall
Lebron
Boozer
Lopez

CDR

That's nasty.
Wall can not play the 2

ChiSox219
11-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Wall can not play the 2

Says you?

BkOriginalOne
11-19-2009, 05:40 PM
The Nets are without their services of their ALL STAR PG. Once you have an ALL STAR, it's virtually impossible to win less than 10 games.

Trouble87
11-19-2009, 05:42 PM
they won't stay winless for long...

Once Blur comes back they will look like a different team

abe_froman
11-19-2009, 05:47 PM
1. They still have the best chance, and if not, picking 2nd or 3rd there were still be great players available.

2. These guys are not stupid and I don't buy into that, especially for the Nets who have the billionaire Russian playboy and Jay Z owning it up

its not about being stupid,its about being proven.and it doesnt matter who the owners are,if the team looks like **** why not stay at the team your at where the owner will do anything you want to keep you

so if the nets want lebron or whoever,they have to win.they arent the "only game in town"(not the only team after them)

choosing between one team that in theory is a playoff team(or title contender with me),but have proven they can even win a game in reality,or team two, that in reality has gone to playoffs and all those things already without me...hmmm

ChiSox219
11-19-2009, 06:01 PM
its not about being stupid,its about being proven.and it doesnt matter who the owners are,if the team looks like **** why not stay at the team your at where the owner will do anything you want to keep you

so if the nets want lebron or whoever,they have to win.they arent the "only game in town"(not the only team after them)

Disagree, they only have to be able to win in the future and based on the 2010 destinations they are at the front of that pack.

abe_froman
11-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Disagree, they only have to be able to win in the future and based on the 2010 destinations they are at the front of that pack.

you basing it on theory,their line up in preseason looked good,still going off of that.not reality or in your scenario cant even win a single game with all that talent.

look at the clippers same deal,but no one will go there because they have a history of sucking,even now do

so why not play second fiddle to wade in mia,or go to hou or chi or even just stay

they need to win games to get someone of relevance

Raph12
11-19-2009, 06:08 PM
The Nets are without their services of their ALL STAR PG. Once you have an ALL STAR, it's virtually impossible to win less than 10 games.

Unless the allstar was undeserving... IMO Vince Carter was the 2009 Nets Team MVP, not Devin Harris.

bigsams50
11-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Unless the allstar was undeserving... IMO Vince Carter was the 2009 Nets Team MVP, not Devin Harris.

I completely agree

Jamiecballer
11-19-2009, 06:25 PM
i was looking at their box score the other night and found myself thinking "holy crap this roster is worse than an expansion team" but then i remembered that Harris is out and a few others are injured so i will say no, they will not be held under 10 wins.

not much more than 15-17 though.

ChiSox219
11-19-2009, 06:38 PM
you basing it on theory,their line up in preseason looked good,still going off of that.not reality or in your scenario cant even win a single game with all that talent.

look at the clippers same deal,but no one will go there because they have a history of sucking,even now do

so why not play second fiddle to wade in mia,or go to hou or chi or even just stay

they need to win games to get someone of relevance

No they don't.

The Bulls need to win because they can only add one major piece. The Heat are basically the same because while they can add two high priced players, they won't have a high lottery pick and have almost no body under contract next season.

The Nets could add 3 stars in addition to the 2 they already have. Throw in CDR and CLee and that's an extremely talented roster that could be built in several different ways and be successful.