PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson: If not Cleveland, Lebron will go to Chi, NY or LA

JordansBulls
11-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Source: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=4668071)

Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson doesn't expect LeBron James to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers via free agency next summer, but if he does, Jackson would expect James' destination to be one of the NBA's top three markets.

Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson joined "Waddle & Silvy" to talk about his team, his future, the Bulls and where he thinks LeBron James might end up.

But then Jackson crossed his squad off the list.

"I don't see LeBron changing venues," Jackson said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "And if he does, I would say it's going to be one of the big three. It's going to be Chicago, New York or L.A. And L.A. is definitely out of it if Kobe Bryant is here.

"[James'] marketing, his financial capital -- if that's what his goals are -- those are the places he could come. So Chicago has the edge in that territory. But the reality is they built a team around him. He's comfortable there. There's something he identifies with in Cleveland and the Akron area. It's going to take something special to get him out of there."

He won't go to LA if Kobe is there.

Come to Chicago :pray: and where that number 6:D

nashty13
11-18-2009, 06:35 PM
who cares

GreenMan305
11-18-2009, 06:37 PM

so cus phil jackson says it.. its true? lol what is he the basketball god.. hes had the 2 greatest of the time players on his team with the most dominant big man, and sits on his *** all game.. give any coach that.

D Blue987
11-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Watch he does exactly what Phil says he wont do and he goes to LA to win a ring. How much would that disappoint the rest of the fan bases of the league? All the hype of where he is gonna go and instead he joins and already dominant squad or worse he just resigns with Cleveland for the rest of his career. Bottom line is that Phil as well as every living person other than Lebron, his family, and perhaps his agent know where he is planning to play next year. This is just pure speculation yet again. Phil probably has no idea. We have seen this act so many times from him. Just last week he said Paul would potentially be out until Christmas and everyone ate it up saying what are the Lakers going to do now without Pau until then. Low and behold Pau is scheduled to return Thursday and I am sure Phil is just laughing. My point is that Phil loves to play mind games and his take on this issue probably is meaningless in the long run. Dont buy into it until we start hearing something from Lebron or his agent themselves.

ko8e24
11-18-2009, 06:42 PM
so cus phil jackson says it.. its true? lol what is he the basketball god.. hes had the 2 greatest of the time players on his team with the most dominant big man, and sits on his *** all game.. give any coach that.

lol, wuts up ur arse?

GreenMan305
11-18-2009, 06:44 PM
lol, wuts up ur arse?

.... :pity:

thread is fail because hes saying what veryone else has been saying, just cus "hes the great phil" he gets his own thread... no one knows what lebron will do except....lebron

hes probably just trying to lobby him to LA so he can sit back and do nothing to win rings, hes used to it.

Jays Claw
11-18-2009, 06:47 PM
This is completely Phil Jackson's opinion. There is absolutely nothing here that fans should get worked up on. I for one, also believe LeBron James will stay put in Cleveland. If not, he would either bolt to New York or Miami.

D Blue987
11-18-2009, 06:47 PM

thread is fail because hes saying what veryone else has been saying, just cus "hes the great phil" he gets his own thread... no one knows what lebron will do except....lebron

hes probably just trying to lobby him to LA so he can sit back and do nothing to win rings, hes used to it.

I agree entirely with the first part of your post. The second just sounds like you are bitter. Get over it.

Here is something to help you with that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITlI497BqCQ

GreenMan305
11-18-2009, 06:50 PM
I agree entirely with the first part of your post. The second just sounds like you are bitter. Get over it.

not really, great players carry coaches..

mike brown is literraly carried by lebron , brown doesnt even call plays or anything, he just calls timeouts and makes lineups.. thats all im saying bro, coaching is overrated

NyCsPoRtS1
well everyone i no where lebrons gonna be........... CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!! sorry to spoil it for everyone but thats where hes signing now if he does go anywhere at all its going to be ny and everyone says they suck hell ya there worst in league but none of there players are there next yr every one of there starters is gone so while he will end up in clev ny is his second choice i dono why this is such a big story its so obvious

NyCsPoRtS1
or maybe its a big story cuz its the ny media at it????? prolly so

Becks2307
11-18-2009, 07:02 PM
tbh if those are his choices he should go to NY..really tying now to be biased but the other teams already have legends he will never surpass. If he came to NY he REALLY be a king.

Jays Claw
11-18-2009, 07:06 PM
:laugh2:

FroMontana
11-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Who is this Philip Jackson person? Are you referring to Jeanie Buss's concubine?

smith&wesson
11-18-2009, 07:08 PM
you know what he is probably right. i dont see him going any where but new york, chicago, or LA.

what other jersey can you see lebron in ?

lol i can see him in a raptors jersey :D

Toenail Clipper
11-18-2009, 07:10 PM

He can still go to LA, LA Clippers. LMAOOOOO!

madiaz3
11-18-2009, 07:32 PM

Years that Phil Jackson joined the Laker and Bulls coaching staff

89-90 and 99-00.

Jordan and Pippen had been playing for three years prior together, as had Kobe and Shaq.

Enter Jackson: Instant trip to game 7 of the ECF, championship the next season for the Bulls. Championship the year he becomes coach for the Lakers.

MiamiHeat
11-18-2009, 07:34 PM
guys remember

Wade/Lebron/Bosh = MIA 2010

:cool:

GreenMan305
11-18-2009, 07:39 PM

89-90 and 99-00.

Jordan and Pippen had been playing for three years prior together, as had Kobe and Shaq.

Enter Jackson: Instant trip to game 7 of the ECF, championship the next season for the Bulls. Championship the year he becomes coach for the Lakers.

that happens all the time not just for "the great phil"

Cubs Win
11-18-2009, 07:40 PM
guys remember

Yeah..except no.

SA5195
11-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Well Phil isn't Lebron.

bigsams50
11-18-2009, 07:49 PM
that happens all the time not just for "the great phil"

Can you name another time its happened?

GreenMan305
11-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Can you name another time its happened?

any coach can build a team, the next guy comes along and wins it all and gets all the credit = fail.

happens in every sport.. do a search...

IDB Josh M
11-18-2009, 07:57 PM
You're all crazy! Lebron will sign with the Cleveland shi...Browns next year and be their all star wide receiver!

MiamiHeat
11-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah..except no.

wade+rose=chicago 2010

yeah.. except no

bigsams50
11-18-2009, 07:59 PM
any coach can build a team, the next guy comes along and wins it all and gets all the credit = fail.

happens in every sport.. do a search...

You can search all you want. I bet you wont find a coach that has as many championships as phil

GreenMan305
11-18-2009, 08:02 PM
doesnt matter, im sure coach in the nba can coach a team with kobe and shaq or kobe and 3 other all star talents and win titles. and MJ.. just give any coach that..

bigsams50
11-18-2009, 08:05 PM
doesnt matter, im sure coach in the nba can coach a team with kobe and shaq or kobe and 3 other all star talents and win titles. and MJ.. just give any coach that..

You must really not like Phil Jackson to make claims like these. And you cant blame phil for having those players. But you have to give him credit for winning with those players.

nipo10847
11-18-2009, 08:05 PM
wow!!!!,,,JB is desperate to get wade, lebron, and bosh to chicago. bulls bulls bulls.........i bet tomorrow i m gonna see another one about CP3. Then 2010 bulls will be :

CP3
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Noah

Bench:
Rose
Joe Johnson
Deng
Dirk
Howard.

JordansBulls
11-18-2009, 08:54 PM

89-90 and 99-00.

No offense, Pippen hadn't developed yet on the Bulls. We were in the Conference finals in 1989 as well.
Lakers were already good from 1997-1999 the problem for them is the Jazz were in their way.

koberulesall
11-18-2009, 09:15 PM
i say he signs with the the other team in his city THE BROWNS hahahah jk

Boston Faithful
11-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Obviously LeBron isn't going to the Lakers. I don't know who threw that stupid idea out there.

Toenail Clipper
11-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Wow. I've been watching Knicks vs. Pacers and the Knicks are just downright horrible. Besides Gallinari and Douglas, no one on that team needs to be groomed. It's quite obvious Lee and Harrington are putting 19 up a game because they have no one else. Neither would average that much on another team. But this Knicks team is just embarrassing. They don't play hard at all, the freakin Pacers have 69 points at HALF. The Knicks have stepped out of bounds, thrown lazy passes and just plain suck. I'd take Iverson shooting the ball everytime down the court over watching this ****** team. At least Iverson knows how to play and could lead them to some wins.

This is not an Allen Iverson thread dude.

Silent
11-18-2009, 09:37 PM

mike brown is literraly carried by lebron , brown doesnt even call plays or anything, he just calls timeouts and makes lineups.. thats all im saying bro, coaching is overrated

u my friend are a moron

smith&wesson
11-18-2009, 09:44 PM
guys remember

:crazy:

iggypop123
11-18-2009, 10:09 PM
i think knows what we know. lebron wants money he wont take the mle to go to a guaranteed title in LA

Kyben36
11-18-2009, 10:27 PM
I feel like NJ has a better shot than NY, sorry, but NY just doesnt have the talent to win, and thats important to lebron.

Vasherpick6
11-18-2009, 10:39 PM
i think knows what we know. lebron wants money he wont take the mle to go to a guaranteed title in LA

Not only that...the championship would have a huge asterick. Could you imagine MJ calling up Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton in '96 and taking a paycut to head to Seattle? Nobody would respect that.

sofargone
11-18-2009, 11:26 PM
How does Jackson know where Lebron will go? Anyways take out LA and add NJ and i guess id agree.

Jaji
11-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Aren't there 2 teams in LA, Phil?

And who the heck cares about his opinion on the subject anyway?

DCB/LAL
11-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Man would people HATE it if he went to the Lakers lol THAT WOULD BE HILARIOUS!!!

DCB/LAL
11-19-2009, 01:21 AM
And heres what funny people say "Oh he cant join Kobe cause he wont get respect if he wins like that" and a whole bunch of excuses but yet whats the difference if he joined Wade AND Bosh or even Rose whom FYI BULLS fans think he is one if not the best PG in the NBA no but not KOBE right? LA would have probably one of the best possible trades for the Cavs with Bynum other than Denver but dont see Denver giving up Melo but yeah just funny to see peoples reason as to why he wouldn't go to LA.

JordansBulls
11-19-2009, 01:25 AM
And heres what funny people say "Oh he cant join Kobe cause he wont get respect if he wins like that" and a whole bunch of excuses but yet whats the difference if he joined Wade AND Bosh or even Rose whom FYI BULLS fans think he is one if not the best PG in the NBA no but not KOBE right? LA would have probably one of the best possible trades for the Cavs with Bynum other than Denver but dont see Denver giving up Melo but yeah just funny to see peoples reason as to why he wouldn't go to LA.

Because no one considers Rose or Roy or Bosh or Amare top 3 players in the league.

GoatMilk
11-19-2009, 02:09 AM
LeBron will be a Clipper.

been saying it for a few years now

DCB/LAL
11-19-2009, 03:14 AM
Because no one considers Rose or Roy or Bosh or Amare top 3 players in the league.

Wade is not top 3? Even MORE SO WADE AND BOSH??

Toenail Clipper
11-19-2009, 03:16 AM
LeBron will be a Clipper.

been saying it for a few years now

I'm hoping for the same thing, but to ruin his career, not to take them to the playoffs.
:D
Just kidding!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-19-2009, 03:29 AM
Obviously LeBron isn't going to the Lakers. I don't know who threw that stupid idea out there.

Sam Smith was that douche

WADE???:confused:

Ty Fast
11-19-2009, 03:44 AM

true that

Kenny
11-19-2009, 03:45 AM

Gasol is just as good as Bosh

JLynn943
11-19-2009, 03:51 AM
tbh if those are his choices he should go to NY..really tying now to be biased but the other teams already have legends he will never surpass. If he came to NY he REALLY be a king.

If he really wants to be a king that bad, I guess we could try to fit him in in Sacramento :p

jd_azsportsfan
11-19-2009, 04:12 AM
who gives a rats *** what phil jackson says what is he lebrons life partner i dont think anyone knows were lebron will end up not even lebron for all we know hes gonna go to the bucks for a vets mim stop wasting threads on this :bs:

Halladay
11-19-2009, 04:33 AM
Gasol is just as good as Bosh

:facepalm:

JordansBulls
11-19-2009, 09:37 AM

He is right actually.

pebloemer
11-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Basketball Media 2008-2010:

Reporter: "Sorry boss, I'm out of ideas for basketball stories. Nothing original is coming to mind and the only interesting stories have to do with what is happening on the court and Golden State's player conflicts."

Editor: "I don't give a ****, we need to sell copies of the paper. Interview LeBron, Bosh or Wade and see what they will do when their contracts expire."

Reporter: "But sir! Those players are frustrated and not answering questions about it. They keep wanting to focus on THIS season!"

Editor: "Then find someone else to interview! Just make sure LeBron, Bosh or Wade's name is in the title of the article and connect it with 2010."

Reporter: "But when I went into journalism I was excited about being able to challenge myself and expand my capacity to write new engaging articles."

Editor: "New original articles don't sell. Big names and 2010 sells. Get to work!!!"

This anecdote brought to you by Set The Bar Low Magazine.

mikantsass
11-19-2009, 10:54 AM
God you Chicago fans are annoying. First it was Boozer, then Bosh, then Wade, then Paul, now its LeBron....

tcav701
11-19-2009, 11:05 AM
God you Chicago fans are annoying. First it was Boozer, then Bosh, then Wade, then Paul, now its LeBron....

Wait its ok because Rose is going to be the best PG in 2009!!!

Oh wait hes playing awful?

Rose is going to be the best PG in 2010!!!

The bulls fans on here are just lost on every topic on a daily basis.

DCB/LAL
11-19-2009, 06:43 PM
He is right actually.

EXACTLY!! Then why is it ok for him to play with Wade AND Bosh but not Kobe and Gasol if according to you Wade/Bosh = Kobe/Gasol oh wait a minute let me guess the Lakers also have Odom and Artest right? Which was the problem to begin with if you say it is because the problem was him playing with Kobe. So please tell me WHY he WOULDNT PLAY WITH Kobe but would with WADE??

koreancabbage
11-19-2009, 07:02 PM
lebron going to LA to replace Kobe when he retires from next championship later this season.

yup, that's how its going to end ROFL

then Kobe will try to learn baseball and have a comeback

Chicagofaithful
11-19-2009, 07:20 PM

you're right i'd much rather root for a team thats starting point guard is the biggest punk in the league.

Starting small forward thinks he's the best player in the world

Starting Power forward belongs in Michael Vick's basement

a starting center that has lead the league in Technicals for years

and a bench full of fat *****... you're right... that sounds much better.

Super.
11-19-2009, 07:40 PM
So where would LeBron play in LA?

Artest = SF
Kobe = SG
Pau = PF

:confused:

Toenail Clipper
11-19-2009, 07:43 PM
So where would LeBron play in LA?

Artest = SF
Kobe = SG
Pau = PF

Artest can come off the bench just like Odom comes off the bench.
Then, they need to trade stupid players like Vujacic and Walton to save some money.

Gambeezy
11-19-2009, 08:47 PM
This is completely Phil Jackson's opinion. There is absolutely nothing here that fans should get worked up on. I for one, also believe LeBron James will stay put in Cleveland. If not, he would either bolt to New York or Miami.

Don't know why Phil would not include Miami considering they will have the most cap space and Lebron and Wade are good friends. Nice analysis Phil.

29$JerZ
11-19-2009, 08:55 PM

Don't know why Phil would not include Miami considering they well have the most cap space and Lebron and Wade are good friends. Nice analysis Phil.

I think it might be because Wade is the man in Chicago like Kobe is the man in LA, would be a clash of ego's if he went to Miami. That could be what Phil thinks.

As I see it the top LeBron destinations are

Cleveland
followed by New York
followed by Miami
followed by New Jersey

I just don't think a Wade/LeBron tandem alone would win a title, in Miami the only front court is JO/Haslem, in New Jersey its Yi/Sean/Brook/Boone, in NY it's Lee/Curry/Hill
Each team has 1 big that's looks appealing but overall they are each week up front.

He stays in Cleveland because of home, more money.
He goes to NY only if he wants too, that's about it. 2nd contract Knicks offer would have to be a PF/C since Lee/AL aren't guaranteed of coming back next year.
He goes to Miami if he just wants to win a championship but also wants money + a great state to play for which Miami is.
He goes to NJ if he is patient. Harris/CDR/LeBron/???/Brook looks amazing but I don't think Frank is a good coach to have a team like that. Doesn't use Brook to his strengths imo.

rabzouz 96
11-19-2009, 08:55 PM
new news are new

Shahrose
11-19-2009, 10:40 PM

wow this guy knows nothing
how the hell are you gonna say something like that to one of the greatest nba coaches of all time
you should just leave this site and never come back

Super.
11-20-2009, 01:39 AM
Artest can come off the bench just like Odom comes off the bench.
Then, they need to trade stupid players like Vujacic and Walton to save some money.

Not Buying it. Artests ego is far too large to come off the bench.

JayW_1023
11-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Maybe the hint of changing his 23 to 6 is something Chicago-hoop fans should cherish till 2010.

nipo10847
11-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Jesus Christ!!!...who brought this BS up again>>>>????? God help the laker fans.

uchiha
11-22-2009, 06:30 PM
what the **** does Phil Jackson know about Lebron's decision??!

why is this news???????!

ko8e24
11-22-2009, 06:48 PM
I think it might be because Wade is the man in Chicago like Kobe is the man in LA, would be a clash of ego's if he went to Miami. That could be what Phil thinks.

As I see it the top LeBron destinations are

Cleveland
followed by New York
followed by Miami
followed by New Jersey

I just don't think a Wade/LeBron tandem alone would win a title, in Miami the only front court is JO/Haslem, in New Jersey its Yi/Sean/Brook/Boone, in NY it's Lee/Curry/Hill
Each team has 1 big that's looks appealing but overall they are each week up front.

He stays in Cleveland because of home, more money.
He goes to NY only if he wants too, that's about it. 2nd contract Knicks offer would have to be a PF/C since Lee/AL aren't guaranteed of coming back next year.
He goes to Miami if he just wants to win a championship but also wants money + a great state to play for which Miami is.
He goes to NJ if he is patient. Harris/CDR/LeBron/???/Brook looks amazing but I don't think Frank is a good coach to have a team like that. Doesn't use Brook to his strengths imo.

ummmm D-wade is in Miami

ko8e24
11-22-2009, 06:48 PM
what the **** does Phil Jackson know about Lebron's decision??!

why is this news???????!

butt sore cuz he didn't mention Miami? :rolleyes:

Team*Chicago
11-22-2009, 06:58 PM
butt sore cuz he didn't mention Miami? :rolleyes:

:laugh2: You didn't have to say that, you probably hurted that person's feelings.

JordansBulls
11-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Maybe the hint of changing his 23 to 6 is something Chicago-hoop fans should cherish till 2010.

:pray:

MTar786
11-23-2009, 01:12 AM

wow you're dumb

JordansBulls
11-23-2009, 09:29 AM
wow you're dumb

:eyebrow:

juggla53
11-24-2009, 01:59 AM

Well the two greatest players of the time havent won a damn thing without Phil and the most dominant bigman only has 1 without him and that was with Pat Riley... It makes me laugh when people say "phil had great players" no kidding, but they never won anything without him either. Every legendary coach has had great players.

PC
02-28-2010, 06:44 PM
According to sources close to Phil Jackson, LeBron James has expressed interest in joining the Los Angeles Lakers.
"LeBron wants to win. He’s a smart guy, and Phil loves LeBron, absolutely LOVES him," according to the report. Obviously, there is way too much involved with a situation like this for one blurb, but if the report holds water then look for this to become a big storyline in the upcoming days. Feb. 28 - 5:17 pm et
rotoworld

Don't know if this has been posted yet

EDIT: By the way, that was the title from rotoworld

lakerboy
02-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Bynum + Farmar for LBJ

abe_froman
02-28-2010, 06:50 PM
that would just be unfair if it happened,whats the point in watching basketball anymore

1-800-STFU
02-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I'd stop watching

zadora5
02-28-2010, 06:55 PM
this is total ********

zadora5
02-28-2010, 06:56 PM
he would come to miami there is no way he goes to the lakers

ManRam
02-28-2010, 06:57 PM
I don't buy much into it. Who wouldn't want to be a Laker??

Very, very highly unlikely for that to happen. Only way is thru a sign and trade, and I can't imagine that happening.

slvr&blck760
02-28-2010, 06:58 PM
All the greats Belong with the Lakers. Its Tradition. Anybody that doesn't wanna play for the Lakers doesn't want to win. Go ahead, Hate!

Reversed86Curse
No way it'd happen. Kobe and Shaq didn't work well together cause they both wanted the ball, same would happen with these two.

LBJ needs a team where he's the main option, and to control the touches, to be happy

calibird707
Pujols wants to be a yankee...people r so stupid..this will never happen..close this thread

bal_ravens
02-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Sources close to me say Lebron, Wade and Bosh want to team up in Washington and be close to Obama and win titles here.

kozelkid
02-28-2010, 06:59 PM
"according to source close to [insert name]"
When have I heard that before :rolleyes:

ManRam
02-28-2010, 07:02 PM
No way it'd happen. Kobe and Shaq didn't work well together cause they both wanted the ball, same would happen with these two.

LBJ needs a team where he's the main option, and to control the touches, to be happy

Wow. This is wrong on so many levels, besides you saying it wouldn't work.

LeBron doesn't need shots to be great, and Kobe doesn't need the ball to be great. I think they could coexist amazingly.

Secondly, Shaq and Kobe not working well together?????? 3 world championships beg to differ.

LeBron can be the point-forward, Kobe can be the scorer, and the triangle would work fine.

Lo Porto
Wade, Bosh and LBJ to the Knicks this summer. It's going to happen. They will take $11 each next year, and get huge raises for year 2 when Eddy Curry is off the books. Why join the Lakers when you can beat them down while rebuilding a dormant franchise?

juggla53

Kobe and Shaq won three championships, id say they worked together pretty well

JNA17
02-28-2010, 07:03 PM
No way it'd happen. Kobe and Shaq didn't work well together

Unless you lived under a rock and just started watching basketball, That has got to be one of the dumbest posts i have ever seen.

zadora5
02-28-2010, 07:07 PM
this is so wrong

JNA17
02-28-2010, 07:08 PM
but hey, if lebron actually wants to come, sure why not. I don't think it would work though but having the 2 best players in the league on the same team sounds pretty fun :D

Reversed86Curse
02-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Kobe and Shaq won three championships, id say they worked together pretty well

Never said they wouldn't win games or championships. LA wasn't big enough for both of them, and one had to go, so I'd say that they didn't work so well. That was my point, nothing to do with championships

showtym24
02-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Sign in trade is the only way. Highly doubt anything happens though.

chickendinner11
02-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Wade, Bosh and LBJ to the Knicks this summer. It's going to happen. They will take $11 each next year, and get huge raises for year 2 when Eddy Curry is off the books. Why join the Lakers when you can beat them down while rebuilding a dormant franchise?

did you mean doormat? :)

KB24PG16
02-28-2010, 07:14 PM
not possible

Th3Alm1ghtyZ
02-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Close this thread. Even hypothetical, it would never happen. Rotoworld should take down their posting as well. That's hilariously inane that anyone would even think it'd be possible for LeBron to join the Lakers, even in a sign and trade.

Lo Porto
02-28-2010, 07:16 PM
did you mean doormat? :)

No kidding. Shoot, I'm not even a Knick fan, but it would be intriguing to see NY and LBJ play versus LA and Kobe in the Finals. That might even rival the Super Bowl.

But for this year, I hope they go straight to the doormat this year so my Jazz get the best pick possible...

JordansBulls
02-28-2010, 07:17 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35634126/ns/sports-player_news/

They reported it from here:

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/lazenby/2010/02/28/lebron-a-laker/

drobe86
no way in hell this happened. It must be a really boring day in sports, and people just make crap up lol..... Close this thread already

Hawkize31
Idk, would Lebron be as good if Kobe let him take 5 shots a game?

JNA17

bynum + sasha?

OnslaughtXX6
02-28-2010, 07:18 PM
I want to be a Laker too.

shep33
02-28-2010, 07:19 PM
I've been calling for a Mbenga for LeBron swap for a while now.

Bruno
02-28-2010, 07:19 PM
haha.

...as I was saying before the trade deadline. If the Laker offered Gasol and Artest for James- wouldn't Cleveland accept? (If James told them he was going to walk after the season).

Bruno
02-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Could you imagine how horrible this forum would become? All the James bashing Laker fans would probably spontaneously combust.

shep33
02-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Could you imagine this team...

PG- Lebron
SG- Kobe
SF- Ron
PF- Pau/Lamar
C- Bynum

I'm pretty sure that this team would win 6 rings in a row haha. But it won't happen unless they sign and trade, and that's still slim at best.

DCB/LAL
Probably be a Bynum + Odom or Gasol + Bynum or Gasol + Odom they'd have to make the salaries work though. Artest could also be in the scenerio switched with one of them

Daze9900
wade, bosh and lbj to the knicks this summer. It's going to happen. They will take $11 each next year, and get huge raises for year 2 when eddy curry is off the books. Why join the lakers when you can beat them down while rebuilding a dormant franchise?

:d

Lo Porto
The Cavs would never trade LeBron. They could always try to console the fans if he just left, but they would never have fans again if they traded him. Even if a trade got them a title, the fans would never forget. For them, he is MJ, Wayne Gretzgy, Joe Montana, etc., etc., etc. In the NBA, you star means all.

DCB/LAL
02-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Could you imagine this team...

PG- Lebron
SG- Kobe
SF- Ron
PF- Pau/Lamar
C- Bynum

I'm pretty sure that this team would win 6 rings in a row haha. But it won't happen unless they sign and trade, and that's still slim at best.

To get Lebron you would lose someone maybe even 2 of them.

drobe86
02-28-2010, 07:26 PM

Actually Kobe had only 20 pts vs. us on Wed. And it took him 23 shots to get there. Today he had a piss poor 14 pts on 3 for 17 shooting. Face it buddy. Kobe's a guy at this point.....

_KB24_
02-28-2010, 07:26 PM
No way would I want him in my team. He could never handle being second fiddle to Kobe. This is is his town.

shep33
02-28-2010, 07:28 PM
To get Lebron you would lose someone maybe even 2 of them.

Yeah probably Bynum and Ron or Odom. It'd be a fun team to think about, but it won't happen 100% guaranteed. If LBJ goes somewhere else which is still unlikely, he'd go to a team like Chicago, New York, etc. to make the city his own. The Lakers have a pretty good team in themselves right now that can contend for the next 3-4 years.

ko8e24
02-28-2010, 07:34 PM
lol if LeBron went to LA, it'd be with the Clippers cuz they can offer him more money, he can play for B. Scott next season (his offense would suit LeBron), he gets to play with Baron Davis, Blake Griffin, Chris Kaman, Eric Gordon, and a couple of other guys that the Clippers may sign during the 2010 offseason.

The Clippers are the best bet for LeBron. Then it's definitely gonna be Kobe vs LeBron, which superstar makes the city of Los Angeles really run.

ko8e24
02-28-2010, 07:37 PM
And no, I don't want LeBron trying to kills his brain cells and develop a brain tumor over trying to understand and digest Phil's Triangle Offense. That would be a disaster and he'd have a seizure in the middle of the court on top of the Laker logo.

He's damn good, but all he knows is the Crab Offense. Give me the damn ball and ram into guys bodies, or penetrate and kick out to a wide open shooter.

Jokes aside, LeBron would be a disaster in the triangle. It's not his forté.

Master Mind
02-28-2010, 07:54 PM
2010 FA is overrated

evadatam5150
02-28-2010, 07:55 PM

Maybe. just maybe because Phil Jackson is an NBA coach and has experience in dealing with players of Lebron's ilk (Kobe and MJ) he just might understand the mindset and internal makeup that drives a great player like that.. It's a matter of experience and understanding the psychy of great athlete.. You don't like it, don't read it, but you should really nut up a bit cause you sound like a petulant child..

handle
02-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Anythiiiiing is posibiiiiiile!!!

handle
02-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Actually Kobe had only 20 pts vs. us on Wed. And it took him 23 shots to get there. Today he had a piss poor 14 pts on 3 for 17 shooting. Face it buddy. Kobe's a guy at this point.....

Ever hear of a little thing called a busted, taped up finger on his shooting hand? How about a severely sprained ankle? Even if he says the ankle is 100%, it's obvious to Laker fans that it isn't. Before all you haters write Kobe off, let's see how he plays when he's not injured.

ko8e24
02-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Anythiiiiing is posibiiiiiile!!!

with Barbie

JOSKOMANG4
02-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Picture Lebron James in a clipper uni!!

Signs 3yr deal(17.8 max deal)

then Resigning role players such as C.Smith, S.Blake, & R.Butler

C) Kaman/D.Jordan
PF) B.Griffin/C.Smith
SF) L.James/ R.Butler
SG) E.Gordon/M.Collins
PG) B. Davis/S.Blake

Then fill out the remaining roster w/Draft picks & other free agents.

On paper, if ALL HEALTHY, This team would be.. at most.. a 4th seed in the western conference.

JOSKOMANG4
02-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Personally.. I rather see D.Wade, the Chicago Native, in a bull uniform.

ko8e24
02-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Personally.. I rather see D.Wade, the Chicago Native, in a bull uniform.

Is this thread talking about D. Wade and Chicago?

No

blastmasta26
02-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Picture Lebron James in a clipper uni!!

Signs 3yr deal(17.8 max deal)

then Resigning role players such as C.Smith, S.Blake, & R.Butler

C) Kaman/D.Jordan
PF) B.Griffin/C.Smith
SF) L.James/ R.Butler
SG) E.Gordon/M.Collins
PG) B. Davis/S.Blake

Then fill out the remaining roster w/Draft picks & other free agents.

On paper, if ALL HEALTHY, This team would be.. at most.. a 4th seed in the western conference.

:eyebrow: That team, if all healthy could be top seed in the West. All five of the starters can ball and the bench isn't great, but they could use draft picks or other FA's to improve it.

MJ-BULLS
02-28-2010, 09:28 PM
if lebron went to LA it would be the clippers, much better possibility than the lakers.