PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bosh Will Consider Joining Wade

DenButsu
11-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Bosh Will Consider Joining Wade
By Chris Tomasson

DENVER -- LeBron James is the first choice. But Chris Bosh certainly would be a solid backup for the Miami Heat next summer in free agency.

And he's willing to consider it.

The Heat, which figures to have more than $15 million of salary-cap room, is looking for a superstar to pair with Dwyane Wade. And Wade, who talked last week about possibly luring James to South Florida while also mentioning Bosh, is positioning himself as a recruiter.

"Anything is possible, I guess,'' Bosh, the Toronto star who can become a free agent next summer, told FanHouse in an interview before Tuesday's game at Denver about the possibility of going to Miami. "I guess that seems to be an attractive place, you know, playing with Dwyane and playing in Miami and everything. I guess if they had the right chemistry, the right guys, that they could persuade guys to get there. But we'll see.''

Bosh will hear plenty of pitches from teams if he opts out of his contract next summer and becomes a free agent. But that's still not a certainty.

Bosh said he doesn't plan to make any decisions until after the season. Feeling fine about that is Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo, who said the decision has been made to not offer Bosh an extension during the season because there's no need to put any extra pressure on him.

The forward, averaging career highs of 26.4 points and 11.8 rebounds, has a number of options. He could not opt out of his contract, putting off free agency until the summer of 2011. Or he could sign by June 30 an extension for up to three years.

"Much like those other teams that have discussed it with their respective free agents or potential free agents, all three of the players in question (Cleveland's James, Wade and Bosh) negotiated for flexibility for a reason to exercise that,'' Colangelo said in an interview with FanHouse. "The contract (extension to Bosh) has not been offered, it has not been discussed. It's been a point of the discussion from a standpoint of one of the options that is there.

"We're bringing new pieces to try to create a better team, a more competitive team around Chris. Why would he make a decision before he knows what the end of the result is? And why would I try to sell a story before the last chapter is written? So maybe he wants to see what we have before he makes a decision. And that could pertain to an extension. It could pertain to a new contract. ... There's been no conversation. There's been obvious consternation by the general public and the media. But Chris and I had sat down along time ago and talked about the various options that are out there.''

Follow NBA FanHouseColangelo let it...
fanhouse (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/11/18/bosh-will-consider-joining-wade-in-miami/)

thephoenixson28
11-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Trade him

cantstopthee
11-18-2009, 02:06 PM
hmmm interesting the league is going to change big time this year

Cubs Win
11-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Bosh joing Wade in the Chi? I'm down. :D Sorry had to.

mjt20mik
11-18-2009, 02:29 PM
I honestly believe Bosh would thrive as the second option of a team. He's not a superstar like Wade, Lebron, etc.. but can excel as a role player with a superstar player. Curious to see as to where he would go.

Highlight
11-18-2009, 02:32 PM
I honestly believe Bosh would thrive as the second option of a team. He's not a superstar like Wade, Lebron, etc.. but can excel as a role player with a superstar player. Curious to see as to where he would go.

I agree that he would be an amazing second option to Wade, Lebron, and Kobe.

PF's with that type of range and that can finish at the basket like Bosh, are the perfect compliment to these superstars. I still feel his defense is a bit suspect, but that was from me watching him last year. I haven't seen much of him this year, so I will try to leave my judgment on his defense out of this post.

Maybe a Raptors fan can clarify.

clutchski
11-18-2009, 02:41 PM
I have a biased perspective, but I don't think Bosh wants to be the 2nd best option behind someone drafted ahead of him in Wade or Lebron. Personally I think he'd rather be the main guy of a team and is proving it this year.

pebloemer
11-18-2009, 02:55 PM
The title becomes a bit misleading just by the wording of it.

One way to take it: "Bosh will consider joining Wade:" Well duh, of course he will consider all his options. Is that news? Literally speaking, the article doesn't say a single thing about his intentions and neither does the title. So what is the point of the article?

Other way to take it: "Bosh will consider joining Wade:" Bosh has indicated that this is of interest to him and he will pursue the option. It is not stated in the article or title, but it is easy to interpret the wording as such.

In reality Bosh's attempts to answer 2010 questions in a respectful but dismissive manner (not dismissive of the idea of going to Miami, just of any 2010 talk whatsoever) result in a lot of wishy washy responses. ("Anything is possible, I guess..... I guess ..... I guess.. we'll see").

I think there are only two ways to take an article like this. It tells us something new about Bosh's intentions (which the article does not state). Or it is simply a broken record. I don't know anything about the writer, but it is pretty lame article in my opinion. It doesn't really report any news, doesn't offer much of an opinion, and repeats the same sentiments that have floated across North American media for around a year now. I sure it will get readers because of the "hot topic" rather than quality and relevance of the article.

GCOOKIE7
11-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Why do we make new threads about this ******** everyday?

DLeeicious
11-18-2009, 03:01 PM

My thoughts exactly. So Bulls fans are looking at this for 2010:

Rose
Wade
Deng
Bosh
Noah

I'll take it I guess.

JayAllDay
"Would you wanna play with Wade?"

"****ing duh! Wouldn't you?"

Close Thread

VikingsRice18
I do not see it

JordansBulls
11-18-2009, 03:17 PM

Rose
Wade
Deng
Bosh
Noah

I'll take it I guess.

Bulls can't get Wade and Bosh unless we trade Hinrich and Deng.

SwaggaIke
11-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Of course he'd like to play w/ Wade, who wouldn't? Its all trivial B.S until July 2010.

FairWeatherFan?
11-18-2009, 03:26 PM
I'll still have a feeling that if the raptors are struggling come the deadline, you could see Bosh coming to Cleveland for a package of Z and sideshow bob

flame away

clutchski
11-18-2009, 03:29 PM
I'll still have a feeling that if the raptors are struggling come the deadline, you could see Bosh coming to Cleveland for a package of Z and sideshow bob

flame away

That won't ever happen. We want nothing to do with Z and the big flopper.

nipo10847
11-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Seriously, Bulls fans are irritating.

abe_froman
11-18-2009, 03:46 PM
i wouldnt doubt that he his

Chronz
11-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Cheers to that nipo,

ps Anderson V is underrated

bigsams50
11-18-2009, 03:50 PM
I would like to see Bosh join wade in MIA. and Amare to join Bron in Clev. But its not gonna happen lol

smith&wesson
11-18-2009, 03:51 PM

Rose
Wade
Deng
Bosh
Noah

I'll take it I guess.

you forgot lebron

rose
wade
lebron
bosh
noah

if your dreaming, why not dream big ?

JOSKOMANG4
11-18-2009, 04:00 PM

Rose
Wade
Deng
Bosh
Noah

I'll take it I guess.

I agree with both of you.. WADE will be a Bull Next season.. if the both can also get rid of Hinrich this season for an expiring contract.. I wouldnt be surprised if they also acquire Bosh as well.. If so.. the Bulls.. will be the team to beat.

DLeeicious
11-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Bulls can't get Wade and Bosh unless we trade Hinrich and Deng.

Wade is taking a hometown discount in this scenario.

Agreed.

you forgot lebron

rose
wade
lebron
bosh
noah

I guess we could put in Howard for Noah and CP3 for Rose too then eh?

Gibby
11-18-2009, 04:09 PM
omg how many threads already.

I know its still along way away but anyone looking for a sig bet. i say Bosh will resign with Toronto.

Toenail Clipper
11-18-2009, 04:10 PM
you forgot lebron

rose
wade
lebron
bosh
noah

Throw in some McGrady, Redd, D. Will, Bynum, and Nowitzki as bench players

Draco
11-18-2009, 04:14 PM
So much for Mark Steins' Nov 13 "update and buzz" article on Bosh.

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-18-2009, 04:20 PM

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

faridk89
11-18-2009, 04:22 PM
if bosh does leave, i hope its a sign and trade....we've been good to him and he good to us...would hate it if we ended on a bad note (vc style)

Big Zo
11-18-2009, 04:32 PM
if bosh does leave, i hope its a sign and trade....we've been good to him and he good to us...would hate it if we ended on a bad note (vc style)

Why would he want to screw over his next team?

Gibby
11-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Why would he want to screw over his next team?

his current team can offer one more year.

ATX
11-18-2009, 04:41 PM
The title becomes a bit misleading just by the wording of it.

One way to take it: "Bosh will consider joining Wade:" Well duh, of course he will consider all his options. Is that news? Literally speaking, the article doesn't say a single thing about his intentions and neither does the title. So what is the point of the article?

Other way to take it: "Bosh will consider joining Wade:" Bosh has indicated that this is of interest to him and he will pursue the option. It is not stated in the article or title, but it is easy to interpret the wording as such.

In reality Bosh's attempts to answer 2010 questions in a respectful but dismissive manner (not dismissive of the idea of going to Miami, just of any 2010 talk whatsoever) result in a lot of wishy washy responses. ("Anything is possible, I guess..... I guess ..... I guess.. we'll see").

I think there are only two ways to take an article like this. It tells us something new about Bosh's intentions (which the article does not state). Or it is simply a broken record. I don't know anything about the writer, but it is pretty lame article in my opinion. It doesn't really report any news, doesn't offer much of an opinion, and repeats the same sentiments that have floated across North American media for around a year now. I sure it will get readers because of the "hot topic" rather than quality and relevance of the article.

My sentiments, exactly. This article is lame, and offers nothing new.

Toenail Clipper
11-18-2009, 04:47 PM
If some other poster (non-mod) created this thread, I'm pretty sure DenButsu would've closed this thread already.

ko8e24
11-18-2009, 04:53 PM
2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010 2010

**** the 2009-2010 NBA Season :rolleyes:

Draco
11-18-2009, 04:55 PM
If some other poster (non-mod) created this thread, I'm pretty sure DenButsu would've closed this thread already.

Why? It's news.

It's funny that Marc Stein writes his opinion "As recently as mid-September, I think it's fair to say the consensus was that Bosh was the big name most likely to leave his current team in the summer. But all of our checking with Raptors insiders suggests otherwise." and it's discussed and praised in a thread in the Raptors forum. Despite the fact that ESPN is supposed to be biased and hates everything about Canada and the Raptors, right?

So in this fan house (or club or whatever) article Bosh, in his own words, claims he'll consider joining Wade.. and now the sentiment is "this isn't really news, of course he'll keep the door open, this is a broken record, etc". Come on, all of that's gotta be a little bit funny?

Raps18-19 Champ
11-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Only way Bosh leaves is if the Raptors don't deliver.

So if Bosh leaves, we only have the Raptors to blame.

GCOOKIE7
11-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey everyone Bosh said he would have loved to play with Michael Jordan!!!
I think he's gonna' go to Charlotte next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SchyGuy11
11-18-2009, 05:06 PM

Rose
Wade
Deng
Bosh
Noah

I'll take it I guess.

i would jizz my pants

BALLER71
11-18-2009, 05:08 PM

Rose
Wade
Deng
Bosh
Noah

I'll take it I guess.

Not going to lie. I LOL'ed.

dtmagnet
11-18-2009, 05:08 PM

flame away

Raptors don't want or need Anderson Varejao and his terrible contract, and all that Z is is one giant expiring (Bosh himself is an expiring so why not just let him expire if that's the route they want to take?)

pebloemer
11-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Why? It's news.

It's funny that Marc Stein writes his opinion "As recently as mid-September, I think it's fair to say the consensus was that Bosh was the big name most likely to leave his current team in the summer. But all of our checking with Raptors insiders suggests otherwise." and it's discussed and praised in a thread in the Raptors forum. Despite the fact that ESPN is supposed to be biased and hates everything about Canada and the Raptors, right?

So in this fan house (or club or whatever) article Bosh, in his own words, claims he'll consider joining Wade.. and now the sentiment is "this isn't really news, of course he'll keep the door open, this is a broken record, etc". Come on, all of that's gotta be a little bit funny?

Well, considering I posted in the Raptor's thread you are talking about and you are quoting me directly on this I'll mention a few differences.

I will also say you can't generalize all posters in the same group and say "Raptor's fans say "ESPN is supposed to be biased and hates everything about Canada and the Raptors, right?" then go on to quote me and because I am a Raptor's fan state that Raptor's fans now say, "this isn't really news, this is a broken record." The reality is the logic is terrible because you are generalizing.

I never praised ESPN's article, in fact my exact quote and all I said about it was,
"Just saw this on ESPN and thought I woulde post it for whomever is interested. I never had bought the "Bosh is leaving" arguments and I don't take too much weight in the opinion's of American media on the subject. I found this interesting though (as it reflects a change in perspective)."

If that is praising the article then you have a low threshold for praise.

In fact, what I have consistently stated in the Raptor's forum is that not all American media is biased it is simply the opinions about different writers. Some American writer's write positive articles about the Raptor's some write negative ones. We see more negatives because we see more L's than W's. I have generally defended American media on there "bias."

So if you are trying to make a point using my quotes and "Raptor's fans" opinions, be careful who you are quoting and who you are generalizing with. Because one Raptor's fan is not the same as the next, just like one Bulls fan is not the same as the next. Because what you find "a little bit funny" is different people in Toronto having different perspectives about the American media ... HILARIOUS!!!!:eyebrow:

Regarding the difference between Stein's article and this one:

Opinion: The writer of this article does not offer his own opinion at all in the article. Marc Stein by contrast gave an informed opinion based on his chat with Bosh and gave reasons why. He made a statement and provided reasons why he believed such.

Relevance: Marc Stein and ESPN as a whole has made claims in the past that they believe Bosh is likely to leave in 2010. This article was interesting (and I felt especially interesting to a Toronto fan base where many feel negative opinions about the American media) because it reflected a change in opinion and it supported my thoughts that the American media is not necessarily biased, rather different American's hold different opinions. This article by contrast doesn't give any new information. If an article's claim is: "Bosh will consider his options in 2010; Miami is one of the options; the appeal of Miami is playing with Wade; Bosh, Wade and LeBron arranged their contracts to end this year for maximum negotiation leverage" than I have one question for the writer "WHERE THE **** HAVE YOU BEEN?" There is no news there. No new opinion, actually no opinion at all.

My comments were not based on what is pro-Bosh/Raptors versus what is anti-Bosh/Raptors. It about the quality of an article.

Question to you: What new information has this article told you? Who has it given this new information to? What are you taking from it?

Draco
11-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Well, considering I posted in the Raptor's thread you are talking about and you are quoting me directly on this I'll mention a few differences.

I will also say you can't generalize all posters in the same group and say "Raptor's fans say "ESPN is supposed to be biased and hates everything about Canada and the Raptors, right?" then go on to quote me and because I am a Raptor's fan state that Raptor's fans now say, "this isn't really news, this is a broken record." The reality is the logic is terrible because you are generalizing.

I never praised ESPN's article, in fact my exact quote and all I said about it was,

In fact, what I have consistently stated in the Raptor's forum is that not all American media is biased it is simply the opinions about different writers. Some American writer's write positive articles about the Raptor's some write negative ones. We see more negatives because we see more L's than W's. I have generally defended American media on there "bias."

So if you are trying to make a point using my quotes and "Raptor's fans" opinions, be careful who you are quoting and who you are generalizing with. Because one Raptor's fan is not the same as the next, just like one Bulls fan is not the same as the next. Because what you find "a little bit funny" is different people in Toronto having different perspectives about the American media ... HILARIOUS!!!!:eyebrow:

Opinion: The writer of this article does not offer his own opinion at all in the article. Marc Stein by contrast gave an informed opinion based on his chat with Bosh and gave reasons why. He made a statement and provided reasons why he believed such.

Relevance: Marc Stein and ESPN as a whole has made claims in the past that they believe Bosh is likely to leave in 2010. This article was interesting (and I felt especially interesting to a Toronto fan base where many feel negative opinions about the American media) because it reflected a change in opinion and it supported my thoughts that the American media is not necessarily biased, rather different American's hold different opinions. This article by contrast doesn't give any new information. If an article's claim is: "Bosh will consider his options in 2010; Miami is one of the options; the appeal of Miami is playing with Wade; Bosh, Wade and LeBron arranged their contracts to end this year for maximum negotiation leverage" than I have one question for the writer "WHERE THE **** HAVE YOU BEEN?" There is no news there. No new opinion, actually no opinion at all.

My comments were not based on what is pro-Bosh/Raptors versus what is anti-Bosh/Raptors. It about the quality of an article.

Question to you: What new information has this article told you? Who has it given this new information to? What are you taking from it?

lol.. I'm sorry you took offense to my quoting "broken record" when I generalized about the typical Raptor fans view of ESPN. I do think it's a typical point of view.. which is kinda, sorta why generalized in the first place. But you're absolutely right.. bad form to use your quote in particular.

What new information is presented in this article? The latest quote from Bosh regarding his future in the NBA. That's obvious. But it's also kind of funny because Marc Stein had recently written about Bosh being sick of 2010 question... and then came along an article 5 days later about Bosh answering 2010 questions. Perhaps he was sick to his stomach during the Q&A but it's still kinda funny.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-18-2009, 05:58 PM

You do know you are only making things worse right?

Just drop it.

pebloemer
11-18-2009, 11:26 PM
lol.. I'm sorry you took offense to my quoting "broken record" when I generalized about the typical Raptor fans view of ESPN. I do think it's a typical point of view.. which is kinda, sorta why generalized in the first place. But you're absolutely right.. bad form to use your quote in particular.

What new information is presented in this article? The latest quote from Bosh regarding his future in the NBA. That's obvious. But it's also kind of funny because Marc Stein had recently written about Bosh being sick of 2010 question... and then came along an article 5 days later about Bosh answering 2010 questions. Perhaps he was sick to his stomach during the Q&A but it's still kinda funny.

No worries. I think I interpreted what you said more strongly than you stated. That's more me being adamant about my previous NBA Forum discussions and the commonality of being inaccurately because of the team I cheer for.

I see the humour in what you are suggesting now. By the sounds of his wording though, all the "I guess" or "Who wouldn't be" kind sounds like he is deflecting them a little too.

You do know you are only making things worse right?

Just drop it.

Not sure how, we seem to be having a reasonable discussion.

sofargone
11-18-2009, 11:31 PM
OMG HUGE NEWS!!!!! :pity:

HouRealCoach
11-18-2009, 11:36 PM
LeBron, Wade, and James would destroy.... In Miami and thats a team that the NBA needs

HoopsDrive
11-18-2009, 11:49 PM
LeBron, Wade, and James would destroy.... In Miami and thats a team that the NBA needs

:eyebrow:

GodsSon
11-18-2009, 11:57 PM
is this really news?

sofargone
11-19-2009, 12:00 AM
is this really news?

No. Its some bull ****. wake me up on july 1st 2010.

FroMontana
11-19-2009, 12:03 AM
2010 Miami Heat:

Hanley
Wade
James
LeBosh
O'Neal

Book it.

sofargone
11-19-2009, 12:05 AM
2010 Miami Heat:

Hanley
Wade
James
LeBosh
O'Neal

Book it.
Hanley Ramirez? that would be SWEET

spreadeagle
11-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Bosh for Beasly and Haslem???????????

GodsSon
11-19-2009, 12:12 AM
^ man, just no

GCOOKIE7
11-19-2009, 12:46 AM

Lebron, Wade and Jerome James? who is this other James?

Jonathan2323
11-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Lebron, Wade and Jerome James? who is this other James?

Mike James. duh

MaHaRaJaH
11-19-2009, 01:01 AM

At least you apologized '--_--

SA5195
11-19-2009, 01:11 AM

flame away

LOL BC is not dumb.

Gambeezy
11-19-2009, 09:02 PM

Rose
Wade
Deng
Bosh
Noah

I'll take it I guess.

Do know how the salary cap works? Chicago won't take that b/c it isn't conceivable, I guess.

Gambeezy
11-19-2009, 09:04 PM
2010 Miami Heat:

Hanley
Wade
James
LeBosh
O'Neal

Book it.

:laugh:

BluejaysFan08
11-19-2009, 09:22 PM
These kind of rumors were annoying 6 months ago, i cant even describe how i feel here them right now .

sofargone
11-19-2009, 09:45 PM
These kind of rumors were annoying 6 months ago, i cant even describe how i feel here them right now .

more annoyed?

b_rad23
11-20-2009, 12:47 PM
I have a biased perspective, but I don't think Bosh wants to be the 2nd best option behind someone drafted ahead of him in Wade or Lebron. Personally I think he'd rather be the main guy of a team and is proving it this year.

Wade was drafted behind bosh

ATX
11-20-2009, 01:45 PM
more annoyed?

:laugh: