PDA

View Full Version : The Iverson thread. Updates here ...

JDizzle
11-18-2009, 11:17 AM
MOD NOTE: We have too many AI threads and really they're all speculatiion. Unless there is actual news about where he is going, from here on the threads will be merged into this thread.

Where do you think AI will end up?

-----

I think A.I. should come back to philly.. they have louis williams right now but he be better coming off the bench.. plus the team is ready to compete when A.I. was traded this team was rebuilding.. I also think its the perfect fit. Im from philly and people still talk about him and those glory days espically the 2001 MVP, Finals apperance year. I believe A.I. does have something left and if he came to the sixers he could easily make them the 4th best team.

A.I
Iggy
T. young
Brand
Dalembert<---:facepalm:

black1605
11-18-2009, 11:32 AM
:facepalm:

BkOriginalOne
11-18-2009, 11:42 AM
That would be one of the best teams he's ever played for.
I still say that he goes to the Knicks where he can average 25 and 10 a game.

coloradobuff
11-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Im thinking Cavs. Lebron could always use little more scoring help.

Where you think AI goes? Thanks

TheWatcher34
11-18-2009, 12:08 PM
The Big Apple..

Raph12
11-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Hope he goes to NY and avgs 25-30ppg, 7-10apg and 2-3spg again.

JordansBulls
11-18-2009, 01:03 PM
I would take him as well on the Bulls. But if not Chicago then I think Orlando should get him now with Jameer out 4-6 weeks. Jameer is too injury prone and the Magic to have a chance this season will need someone who can run Point.

PG Iverson
SG Vince
SF Pietrus
PF Lewis
C Dwight

Tom81
11-18-2009, 01:10 PM
I would take him as well on the Bulls. But if not Chicago then I think Orlando should get him now with Jameer out 4-6 weeks. Jameer is too injury prone and the Magic to have a chance this season will need someone who can run Point.

PG Iverson
SG Vince
SF Pietrus
PF Lewis
C Dwight

Ai is not a PG magic need truth PG not another scorer

JayW_1023
11-18-2009, 01:17 PM

PG Iverson
SG Vince
SF Pietrus
PF Lewis
C Dwight

Well Iverson is not a point guard...he is a shooting guard. He won't make the magic better.

TheGreenMonster
11-18-2009, 01:26 PM
I would take him on the nets...

Devin Harris
A.I.
CDR
Whoever plays the nonexistent PF position
Brook Lopez

Not too shabby...

amoore87
11-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Another Philly Vote!!!..I really hope so, but too many seem to be against it for some reason, its not like we are taking on another maxed out Elton Brand or Igoudala CONTRACT!!!!

clehmun
11-18-2009, 01:42 PM
George Karl said the Nuggets would consider signing Allen Iverson as an injury replacement if one of his guards were to go down with a long-term injury.
"A.I. for us is an injury discussion," Karl said. "I don't think it's an (overall) discussion right now for us. Say that Ty Lawson is out for the season. Speed and quickness is what Lawson gives us, so A.I. would be on the list of speed and quickness." Don't count on AI landing in Denver, and don't count on Ty Lawson being to thrilled to hear his coach throw around the idea of a major injury for his rookie.

rotoworld.

Tom81
11-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Well Iverson is not a point guard...he is a shooting guard. He won't make the magic better.

agreed

PLAYERS FAN
11-18-2009, 03:17 PM
MOD NOTE: We have too many AI threads and really they're all speculatiion. Unless there is actual news about where he is going, from here on the threads will be merged into this thread.

-----

I think A.I. should come back to philly.. they have louis williams right now but he be better coming off the bench.. plus the team is ready to compete when A.I. was traded this team was rebuilding.. I also think its the perfect fit. Im from philly and people still talk about him and those glory days espically the 2001 MVP, Finals apperance year. I believe A.I. does have something left and if he came to the sixers he could easily make them the 4th best team.

A.I
Iggy
T. young
Brand

Do you really think Iggy will like to play with A.I? The way Iggy is playing now tells me that A.I was holding him back.

JordansBulls
11-18-2009, 03:23 PM

He was a SG, but with a team like the Magic he needs to be the playmaker who can break down defenses and pass the rock. He isn't the focus of the team anymore. He will have to win a ring Gary Payton and Alonzo Mourning style.

Chronz
11-18-2009, 03:29 PM
He was a SG, but with a team like the Magic he needs to be the playmaker who can break down defenses and pass the rock. He isn't the focus of the team anymore. He will have to win a ring Gary Payton and Alonzo Mourning style.

Whats this "Was" talk? When did he stop being a SG? As far as I can tell hes always been, always will be a SG.

Jamiecballer
11-18-2009, 03:30 PM

I don't know if you've noticed but Iverson doesn't take not being the focus of a team too well.

Rocktober2009
11-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Believe me, having watched AI his last two good years, he doesnt know what "pass the ball" means, he's a shooting guard and if anyone thinks he will be a PG for the "right team" they're joking with themselves

NiTEFuRY
11-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Hopefully in a retirement home.

ProdigyI
11-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Iverson
Rose
Salmons
Deng
Noah

suck it

Benjamanic
11-18-2009, 04:26 PM
The Knicks will sign AI to a 5 year, $50 million+ contract because their front office is smart like that. You heard it from me first :D.

Toenail Clipper
11-18-2009, 04:29 PM
The Clippers (Donald Sterling) wanted to sign Iverson because he wanted to fill more seats in the Staples Center since he's a star. So, maybe he will replace Gordon, who is currently not playing because of a groin injury. I don't know. He can also go to New Orleans

ko8e24
11-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Where Kobe wanted to play in the summer of 2007 when the Lakers front office wasn't doin anything.........PLUTO! I heard they've been trying to acquire that superstar to put them over the top against teams like the Toon Squad and the MONSTARS

Boston Faithful
11-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Wow. I've been watching Knicks vs. Pacers and the Knicks are just downright horrible. Besides Gallinari and Douglas, no one on that team needs to be groomed. It's quite obvious Lee and Harrington are putting 19 up a game because they have no one else. Neither would average that much on another team. But this Knicks team is just embarrassing. They don't play hard at all, the freakin Pacers have 69 points at HALF. The Knicks have stepped out of bounds, thrown lazy passes and just plain suck. I'd take Iverson shooting the ball everytime down the court over watching this ****** team. At least Iverson knows how to play and could lead them to some wins.

mzgrizz
11-19-2009, 01:07 AM

PG Iverson
SG Vince
SF Pietrus
PF Lewis
C Dwight

JB........really? AI and JWill on the same team......??????

jmastert
11-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Allen Iverson will clear waivers today and all indications point to the possibility he will sign with the New York Knicks. One team official told The New York Times there was at least a 50-50 chance they would pursue Iverson. Another person close to the team said it was a "given ... they're going to make the biggest play for him."

Knicks president Donnie Walsh sounded like it was a strong possibility he will consider signing Iverson.

"We wouldn't be considering it if we thought that we were functioning well and we're not," Walsh said. "But I want to make sure that if we do something like this, it's the right thing to do."

Was this a good move or bad move for the organization that is already god awful?

Nets play Knicks Sat. maybe with the return of Devin Harris they can finally get a win. Last time when Iverson made his debut with the Pistons Harris dropped 30 something on him.

Jetsguy
11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
what in that quote leads you to believe he definately will be signed? things like 50/50, looking into, and possibly sure dont mean a sure thing to me:confused:

As a Knicks fan I hope it does, and it very well may but this is no different than anything we have seen since he was released.

TheKing23
11-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah, there's no concrete evidence he'll definitely sign, but I think it's a good move if he does. Seriously, what else could go wrong for the Knicks? It'll only be for a year as well...

Sell some tickets, sell some jerseys, Iverson can get his 38 minutes and 25 points a game... Everyone's a winner.

GivenGrace
11-19-2009, 09:58 AM
The title is a "little" misleading. I hope he signs with the Knicks, but I hear the Heat are also very interested.

Guess we'll find out soon.

DenButsu
11-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Was this a good move or bad move for the organization that is already god awful?

Nets play Knicks Sat. maybe with the return of Devin Harris they can finally get a win. Last time when Iverson made his debut with the Pistons Harris dropped 30 something on him.

Please be more careful not to present unconfirmed conjecture as hard news. Thread title changed to match reality.

Spencesc11
11-19-2009, 10:34 AM
I think Iverson should try to sign with Orlando. With J. Nelson injured he could start now and they could spread this team out like last season with a lineup of Howard, Lewis, V. Carter, M. Pietrus, and Iverson. The lane would stay open since doubling Howard could lead to serious consequences and this would be Iverson's best chance to contribute and have a chance at a title. He could go to the Knicks and average 20 pts a game but for a non playoff team it just would show where his priorities are and state boldly that winning isn't the main one!!!

cubulls
11-19-2009, 10:50 AM
If Iverson really wants a shot at a ring this year, then he won't sign with the Knicks. If he only cares about himself, he will sign with them.

knicks09
11-19-2009, 11:12 AM
If Iverson really wants a shot at a ring this year, then he won't sign with the Knicks. If he only cares about himself, he will sign with them.

Iverson prolly doesn't care at this point to win. He just wants to start and the knicks are the only team that will gaurentee he will start.

stoudemire1
11-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Just seen on ESPN that the Knicks are expected to offer Iverson a contract.

TheKing23
11-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Iverson prolly doesn't care at this point to win. He just wants to start and the knicks are the only team that will gaurentee he will start.

Holy **** dude, that girl in you sig has the most incredible backside. :drool:

Stunner
11-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Now i heard Miami is in the mix for Iverson now according to hoopshype.com

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Raph12
11-19-2009, 12:37 PM
2-9 record, now given the right amount of minutes and shots, AI can't make them any worse.

knickerbockerny
11-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Bring him on if possible!

NYYCowboys
11-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Bring him on if possible!

and i am a complete.....bust

Fresno
11-19-2009, 12:58 PM
With all signs pointing toward the Knicks signing Allen Iverson once he clears waivers at 6 p.m. on Thursday, the Miami Heat have become late entrants in the sweepstakes.

According to sources, the Heat are now "hot after" Iverson as well. That could be because they are not happy with Mario Chalmers' running of the offense, or because they simply want to make the Knicks pay more than the $1.4 million veteran's minimum they will likely offer. The Knicks are still in control here, as Iverson won't have to share the ball with Dwyane Wade in New York, while they still have a mid-level exception they can use if necessary. Then again, if AI wants to win a championship, he could decide to play in Miami if their interest is legitimate.

Rotoworld

Wade + AI?

Let this happen please.

Gibby23
11-19-2009, 01:00 PM
I hope he gose to Miami. I think that can make the pretty legit in JO stays healthy and Beasly starts to play like he did last night.

Fresno
11-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I hope he gose to Miami. I think that can make the pretty legit in JO stays healthy and Beasly starts to play like he did last night.

For some reason I think wherever Iverson goes hes going to play with an enormous chip on his shoulder, but Im not sure if Wade can co-exist in the backcourt with a guy like AI.

bigsams50
11-19-2009, 01:04 PM
I really want this to happen. He would make the Magic legit(more than they are now)

Raph12
11-19-2009, 01:21 PM
I really want this to happen. He would make the Magic legit(more than they are now)

Don't you mean the Heat?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-19-2009, 01:43 PM
i just want AI to play

bigsams50
11-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Don't you mean the Heat?

yea lol,

King P
11-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Not surprised. They were interested in AI during the offseason when he was a free agent.

JordansBulls
11-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Rotoworld

Wade + AI?

Let this happen please.

They should have gotten him earlier as well.

HeatBBall
11-19-2009, 02:31 PM
I personally don't want him here. Not saying AI ain't a good player, just don't think he's the answer and don't think he's the easiest player to get along with. And that's important.

Kdirt
11-19-2009, 02:53 PM
If he goes to Miami, does he come off the bench? I doubt it, thats the reason he wanted out of Memphis. I dont see them bringing Chalmers off the bench and I doubt Wade will play SF. I dont see it happening.

Raph12
11-19-2009, 02:58 PM
AI should start over Chamers but both should see 30-35mpg, should be a 3-guard rotation.

amoore87
11-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Miami will benefit more with him then NYK!!!...Miami will not contend at all in the playoffs without this pickup IMO..wade wont be able to do it all on his own

Boston Faithful
11-19-2009, 03:22 PM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-on-verge-of-signing-iverson-1.1603864

Newsday is one of the most credible newspapers/newssites in the Tri-State area so I find this to be reliable.

FOBolous
11-19-2009, 03:24 PM
New York is a very good fit for him and I can see him excelling over there

HeatBBall
11-19-2009, 03:25 PM
good, cuz I didn't want him to go to the Heat. lol.

Raph12
11-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Good choice for some redemption at individual accolades, alot of people think he's lost it, when he drops 25-30ppg, 7-10apg and 2+spg in NY, people will see otherwise.

ko8e24
11-19-2009, 03:26 PM
again, for the bazillionth time, a good OP always posts the actual story along with the link :pity:

INDIANAPOLIS - Allen Iverson has told associates he is prepared to come to New York and resuscitate not only his Hall of Fame career but also a desperate franchise trying to pacify its frustrated fans as it bridges the gap to 2010.

Though no decision has been officially made by the Knicks, indications are that the Iverson Era - however brief it may be - could begin as early as Thursday night after the 34-year-old former MVP clears waivers at 6 p.m. It may all hinge on how both sides come out of a conversation that is expected to take place Thursday.

"We wouldn't be considering it if we thought we were functioning well and we're not," Walsh said of the Knicks, who went into last night's game against the Pacers with a 1-9 record. "And I want to make sure if we do something like this it's the right thing to do."

Walsh said if the Knicks, who like Newsday are owned by Cablevision, do offer Iverson a contract - likely the $1.4 million veteran's minimum - it will be done immediately after he clears waivers.

Walsh spent his day back home in Indianapolis on the phone getting advice from several resources, including Larry Brown, who coached Iverson in Philadelphia and recently revealed that the Bobcats made an offer for Iverson in September. But Iverson chose to take the higher offer from the Memphis Grizzlies. Brown said Charlotte, with its glut at guard, wouldn't have a spot for Iverson at this point.

Mike D'Antoni seems comfortable with signing Iverson, who comes with loads of talent and baggage (not to mention a sizable entourage that can't wait to see him return to the Northeast). Walsh and D'Antoni still want to talk first with Iverson, who may have to be allowed his own set of rules, especially regarding practice.

Walsh said if D'Antoni wasn't on board, "I won't do it . . . I'm not going to force anybody on the coach." It would be an about-face by D'Antoni, who last summer was against signing Iverson as a free agent. "We know exactly who Allen Iverson is and he brings a lot of very positive things to the table," D'Antoni said. "We'll see if the organization is going to change directions because it's a change of direction, there's no doubt about it."

But Walsh said Iverson's arrival wouldn't signal the end to any development plans for the team's young players, such as Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas and Jordan Hill.

"I think the young players can benefit, if they're not getting it done the way they are, maybe they could benefit by having a guy that can show them how to get it done," Walsh said. "This would be a move to make it better for the young players to learn."

connections
National Basketball Association Al Harrington Larry Hughes David Lee LeBron James But what would it mean for veterans such as Chris Duhon, who would likely lose his starting position, and Al Harrington, who would see a reduced number of shots?

Harrington, currently the Knicks' leading scorer, said he would welcome the addition of Iverson to the team.

"I think it would help things because you've got a guy who's a proven scorer, probably a Hall of Famer," he said.

Bulls4Lyfe
11-19-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm all for it. There is little downside risk. He's signing a vet's min contract (or close to it). If it doesn't work (i.e. Wade doesn't like sharing the backcourt for whatever reason with AI), then we release him. We need another scorer who can create for himself.

Chalmers/AI/Arroyo
Wade/AI/Cook
Q/Cook/Beasley
Beasley/Haslem
JO'Neal/Haslem/Anthony

Looks good enough to challenge to for a 1st round series win.

Also, while AI obviously would be a defensive liability, are Chalmers and Arroyo really getting the job done defensively at the PG position? Nope.

ko8e24
11-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Well, AI is gonna meet with Donnie and D'Antoni in NY, and if D'antoni likes what he hears from AI, AI will be a New York Knick by 2nite. Sorry Heat fans, AI gonna become a Knick is my gut feeling.

Lakersfan2483
11-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Good pickup for the Knicks if they can sign him. He definitely will create a lot of excitement for the fans of New York.

knicks09
11-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Holy **** dude, that girl in you sig has the most incredible backside. :drool:

Yup, that's Vida Guerra right there

JordansBulls
11-19-2009, 03:57 PM
I would love to play the Knicks in the playoffs this year.

Raph12
11-19-2009, 04:01 PM
I would love to play the Knicks in the playoffs this year.

Wow, they haven't even signed AI and you already have them winning the East... seeming as how the Bulls win finish 8th lol. ;)

J_M_B
11-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Well, AI is gonna meet with Donnie and D'Antoni in NY, and if D'antoni likes what he hears from AI, AI will be a New York Knick by 2nite. Sorry Heat fans, AI gonna become a Knick is my gut feeling.

You make it sound like Heat fans are desperate for him, but I'm pretty sure most heat fans do not even want AI near the team.

abe_froman
11-19-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm all for it. There is little downside risk. He's signing a vet's min contract (or close to it). If it doesn't work (i.e. Wade doesn't like sharing the backcourt for whatever reason with AI), then we release him. We need another scorer who can create for himself.

Chalmers/AI/Arroyo
Wade/AI/Cook
Q/Cook/Beasley
Beasley/Haslem
JO'Neal/Haslem/Anthony

Also, while AI obviously would be a defensive liability, are Chalmers and Arroyo really getting the job done defensively at the PG position? Nope.

he wont come off the bench

besides i dont think you need him,might do more harm then good

Joshtd1
11-19-2009, 04:17 PM
AI and Wade? I cant see that working..both need the ball in their hands to be effective and you know Wade is the guy on that team. Then there is Beasley..and JO. I think it would be only a little bit of time until AI complains about not getting enough shots.

He would best be suited on Knicks because he would be their go to guy, and with the offense Im sure he would be happy.

Trouble87
11-19-2009, 04:30 PM
In hope he goes to Miami... I don't want him in NY

superkegger
11-19-2009, 04:31 PM

Chalmers/AI/Arroyo
Wade/AI/Cook
Q/Cook/Beasley
Beasley/Haslem
JO'Neal/Haslem/Anthony

Have you learned nothing the past two years? AI will not come off the bench. If that's Miami's plan, he will not go there. Period.

TheKing23
11-19-2009, 04:32 PM
I really hope he signs with them. Hopefully we'll get to see a bit of the old AI in such an offensive minded system.

abe_froman
11-19-2009, 04:38 PM
i think he'll be able to rehab his career abit,especially in that system and not having much else will highlight him a little more

Wrigleyboy25
11-19-2009, 04:41 PM
I'd like to know why the article is dated as yesterday's if it is breaking news.

TO Rapz
11-19-2009, 05:02 PM
I think that this actually might work out very nicely for the Knicks. AI is gonna be their superstar go to guy everytime and thats what AI needs. Are the Knicks gonna play him at PG or SG?

Big Zo
11-19-2009, 05:11 PM
In hope he goes to Miami... I don't want him in NY

Yeah, god forbid he disrupts such a great team like the Knicks. :laugh2:

BkOriginalOne
11-19-2009, 05:27 PM
IF AI went to the HEAT, it would be that bad.
AI does have a chip, but playing with MVP talent would have to change his game somewhat. If AI ever played with Duncan, KG, Kobe, Lebron or Wade, and for those coaches (expect Rivers and Brown) I think he would be a good fit.

Wade would not allow AI to dominate the ball as much as we would like, cause it would cleary be HIS team, the same if he played for LA or CLE, where there is one guy who is clearly, clearly better than thim.

Slimsim
11-19-2009, 05:48 PM
The hell with that we need a go to guy let Ai *** come to NYC.

Hoopsadvocate
11-19-2009, 05:51 PM
I love how non HEAT fans say Wade cant co exist or doesnt want someone like AI on the team like you follow this team and automatically know wades thoughts.

A little update on things for none HEAT fans:

-Wade said to the sun-sentinel after the first matchup against the wizards that he does not want to have to score 30+ every game or even close to that but he said he wouldnt mind if that had to be the case every 6 games or so.

-Wade said he wants to play around 36 min (give or take a few) not the 42 (give or take) he has been playing to make up for Mario and Cooks learning curve and recent injuries.

-Riley had faith in Mario in training camp which is why he declared him the starter and said AI wouldnt start back then but things have changed Mario is proving to be a liability on defense to most pgs. His play making is has its flashes but for the most part is inconsistent like his 3 point shooting. Hence we brought in Carlos Arroyo who if you read Miami newspapers has challenged Mario many time in practice for the starting pg spot. CARLOS FREAKING ARROYO!! So i have no doubt AI could very well take the spot from Mario since he is under performing. AT the very least it will give mario more competition and something to work for maybe up his game now that his spot will be in jeopardy and not just given to him.

In Riley i trust. Low risk high reward.

Toenail Clipper
11-19-2009, 05:52 PM
He should come to New York in my opinion.
There, he can get the ball whenever he wants PLUS he's not going to become a "second option." So, there wouldn't be any problems.

Raph12
11-19-2009, 06:05 PM
You make it sound like Heat fans are desperate for him, but I'm pretty sure most heat fans do not even want AI near the team.

Pretty sure those Heat fans are complete idiots...

JordansBulls
11-19-2009, 06:20 PM
A quite by another poster.

(a) Knicks are 2-9.

(b) With no lottery pick, and no more Cleveland games in New York, they have absolutely nothing else that will draw media attention or fan interest with 70 games remaining.

(c) Iverson needs starters minutes.

(d) The Knicks can provide that.

(e) And Iverson will accept the losing if he's getting his and playing for a flagship franchise.

Its a no-brainer for all involved. And I think it will improve the Knicks. They are probably the only team he could go to that can hand him the ball and not worry about it hurting either the long term or the short term.

HouRealCoach
11-19-2009, 06:20 PM
AI needs to retire unless he will come off the bench

NyCsPoRtS1
11-19-2009, 06:48 PM
this would be a great pickup for us at least something that can get me watching until we can grab 1 or 2 people next yr and make the team competitive. buncha effin scrubs put me on the court for free!..... p.s. everybody knows brons staying in clev so stop talking bout it

blastmasta26
11-19-2009, 06:59 PM
I really hope Knicks sign AI. We need someone that can score consistently and take Duhon's minutes. Knicks aren't a terrible team. We lost several games that came down to the final minute and maybe signing AI can change that.

pd7631
11-19-2009, 07:01 PM
It would be fun to see the Flight Brothers back together(AI & Larry Hughes)

blackjack_119
11-19-2009, 07:23 PM
I really hope Knicks sign AI. We need someone that can score consistently and take Duhon's minutes. Knicks are a terrible team. We lost several games that came down to the final minute and maybe signing AI can change that.

fixed

Jonathan2323
11-19-2009, 07:26 PM
come to Miami

blah-blah
11-19-2009, 07:32 PM
perfect team for him AI 32 PPG 7 APG 2 SPG

knicks 40-42 yeh thats rite

marlinsfan24
11-19-2009, 08:00 PM
AI come to Miami!

JerseysFinest
11-19-2009, 08:19 PM
why didn't the heat sign ai in the offseason?

floyd!!
11-19-2009, 08:23 PM
sorry heat, but he's going to the knicks.

not enough basketballs for him and wade to play with.

sofargone
11-19-2009, 08:46 PM
i dont know about this. i think cleveland shouldve tried to get him, their SGs arent putting up points. in NY hell get what he wants. I just dont get why memphis signed him/why he agreed to go there in the first place.

dudeonthemoon
11-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah, god forbid he disrupts such a great team like the Knicks. :laugh2:

HAHAHAHHA :clap::clap::clap::clap: hige five dude

Jonathan2323
11-19-2009, 08:50 PM
He should come to MIami. I just want to see Wade and Iverson in the same backcourt!

cubulls
11-19-2009, 08:53 PM
He would/should start in Miami and be in a winning situation. He would be crazy to pass up the opportunity. Chalmers/Quinn/Arroyo are garbage compared to him so it's not like he would have to put in much effort to get the starting job if they don't already give it to him off the bat.

what54!?
11-19-2009, 08:54 PM
well he can't make the knicks worse. If he comes to miami.... meh

SteveNash
11-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Knicks or Heat, either way, we win.

kombayn
11-19-2009, 10:37 PM
He took the biggest offer that's why. I'm sure he thought he would easily beat Mike Conley in training camp but he was injured. The Bobcats offered him the $1.99M Vet. Exception but he wanted more money. He should have taken the Bobcats offer at the time, it was a perfect fit. The Knicks were (are) a perfect choice as well but they didn't want to deal with him at that time. In the end, everything should be corrected unless the Cavaliers or Heat come out of left field with an offer. Cavs make a lot of sense to me right now.

Fresno
11-19-2009, 11:48 PM
TNT's David Aldridge reported Thursday that a source of his close to the Knicks' negotiations with Allen Iverson said that him signing was a "near certainty."

Aldridge offers an alternative viewpoint from other sources saying that the Knicks are still weighing the pros and cons, and that a decision is not close. While there are conflicting reports, there is enough smoke here to make this the likely destination for A.I. One source has said that a signing will not occur before Saturday's game, but it's entirely possible owners will be looking at prospect of using him in the Knicks' four-game week.

Rotoworld

SA5195
11-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Doesn't AI want to be in a championship team?

bahama0811
11-19-2009, 11:51 PM
At least he'll be able to play there.

Don Starks
11-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Doesn't AI want to be in a championship team?

why do people keep asking this question? if he wanted to be with a championship team why would he have signed with the grizzleys? the guy just wants to start.

spreadeagle
11-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Great:facepalm:

sofargone
11-20-2009, 12:16 AM
can this just happen already?! im so tired of iverson

bkmikeyy
11-20-2009, 12:19 AM
ill believe it when i see it, they have been on the verge of signing sessions, kidd, grant hill etc. walsh loves taking his time and leading the media on and then not pulling the trigger.

marlinsfan24
11-20-2009, 12:39 AM
come to miami ai!

JayAllDay
11-20-2009, 12:39 AM
I'm getting an Iverson NY jersey if this ever comes true

Hugbees
11-20-2009, 12:41 AM
ill believe it when i see it, they have been on the verge of signing sessions, kidd, grant hill etc. walsh loves taking his time and leading the media on and then not pulling the trigger.

they were never on the verge of signing any of those players.. not even one.

knickerbockerny
11-20-2009, 12:44 AM
Bring him on! We need you AI!!!

blastmasta26
11-20-2009, 12:48 AM
they were never on the verge of signing any of those players.. not even one.
Depends on how you define "on the verge of" because we were very close to signing those guys.

ko8e24
11-20-2009, 12:53 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/20/sports/basketball/20knicks.html

GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Four months ago, Allen Iverson was a free agent in search of a team. The Knicks were weak at point guard, devoid of star power and looking listless after a 32-win season. Yet Iverson never made their call list.

Iverson is once again looking for work, and this time the Knicks — appearing more listless than ever — seem ready to pounce.

Iverson cleared waivers at 6 p.m. Thursday and became an unrestricted free agent. Publicly, Knicks officials continued to say that the matter was under deliberation.

However, a person with close ties to the team said a decision had already been made. He placed the chances that the Knicks would sign Iverson at a percent in “the high 90s” and said a deal could be signed as soon as Friday. The person requested anonymity because he was discussing team business.

Iverson, a four-time scoring champion and former most valuable player, has become an almost toxic figure in the N.B.A. No team offered him a contract this past summer until September, when the Memphis Grizzlies, a perennial lottery team, signed him to a one-year deal.

Iverson bristled over playing a bench role and lasted just three games. He was waived on Tuesday. Iverson left the Detroit Pistons on bad terms last spring, under similar circumstances.

Yet the Knicks, desperate after a 2-9 start, appear ready to make him the face of the franchise.

In the comfort of the off-season, team officials convinced themselves that improvement would come from within — from a healthy Danilo Gallinari, a developing Wilson Chandler and a stable roster. At the time, Iverson was deemed an unnecessary risk.

The difference between July and November is the difference between hope and despair. The Knicks’ 1-9 start was the worst in franchise history. Iverson’s character issues now seem trivial compared with the prospect of a 20-win season.

Team officials held their cards close on Thursday. The team’s president, Donnie Walsh, insisted that the matter was still under review, and that he might not reach a decision by the end of the day.

“When we make a decision, we’ll let you know,” he said after practice. “That’s where it is.”

Walsh said he had not yet spoken directly with Iverson, nor with team ownership, but indicated that both conversations would be required before making a deal. Walsh is famously methodical in his decision-making process, so it would not be surprising if he took his time.

If there is any urgency, it comes from the schedule. After playing the winless Nets on Saturday, the Knicks face the last two N.B.A. champions — Boston at home on Sunday, the Lakers in Los Angeles on Tuesday. They could surely use reinforcements sooner, rather than later.

“It’s a big decision, so I don’t think we’ll rush,” Coach Mike D’Antoni said. “We’d rather make the right decision, and then worry about the other stuff.”

Signing Iverson could revive Madison Square Garden and perhaps give the Knicks enough of a jolt to join the playoff hunt.

Iverson would be given only a one-year contract, probably for the veteran’s minimum of $1.3 million. His signing would have no direct impact on the Knicks’ plans to pursue a superstar free agent next summer.

But team officials believe that Iverson might provide an ancillary benefit to their 2010 agenda. If Iverson thrives and the Knicks win, the roster could look a little more attractive to LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and other marquee players.

With Iverson drawing the attention of opposing defenses, there would conceivably be better scoring chances for Gallinari, Chandler and David Lee.

There would also be some short-term upheaval. Either Chris Duhon or Toney Douglas would lose his starting job. Iverson would also cut into the playing time of Larry Hughes and Nate Robinson. One of those players might fall out of the rotation entirely.

If Iverson shoots at his usual rate — he has averaged 22 a game in his career — it would surely come at the expense of the Knicks’ usual go-to scorers. But if Iverson can kick-start D’Antoni’s offense and keep the tempo up, there might be more scoring chances for everyone.

Al Harrington, the Knicks’ leading scorer, said he had no such concerns.

“I don’t think he’s the A.I. of old — I don’t know if he’d have the energy to take as many shots as he used to,” Harrington said with a chuckle. “I think if he comes to this situation, he’ll figure out a good balance, like we all do.”

As of Thursday, there were still more questions than answers, and no official word from the Answer himself. Iverson has kept a low profile all week and has not provided any hints through his Twitter account.

Walsh, weary of providing daily updates, said there would be no Internet dispatches from him, either.

“I’m not tweeting this,” he quipped.

B.JenningsMVP
11-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Nice pickup

Hugbees
11-20-2009, 02:00 AM
Depends on how you define "on the verge of" because we were very close to signing those guys.

On the verge means about to. Both Kidd and Hill used the knicks as leverage during their contract talks, which got all knick fans annoyed. Also Walsh balked at Sessions being afraid to dip into next years cap space. No, we were never on the verge of signing any of those players..

rick66ankiel24
11-20-2009, 02:32 AM

-----

A.I
Iggy
T. young
Brand

i think he should go back to philly, or the suns or toronto

ko8e24
11-20-2009, 02:38 AM
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports-headlines/ci_13829598

The Knicks' No. 3 jersey remains without a nameplate for another day, as the disturbing memory of its previous owner — Stephon Marbury — is haunting enough for the franchise to place extra consideration into signing another lightning rod in Allen Iverson.

The 34-year-old veteran cleared waivers Thursday to officially become a free agent after a three-game stint with the Memphis Grizzlies. No team put a bid on Iverson, nor did any make immediate offers to sign him, which suggests that the Knicks need not make a hasty decision.

"We're not there yet," coach Mike D'Antoni said after Thursday's practice. "We're just trying to evaluate where we are with our team and sit down with everyone and make a decision."

Although multiple sources expect a deal to happen within the next couple of days, the level of desperation dipped a bit after Wednesday's 110-103 win over the Pacers in Indiana.

D'Antoni and Knicks president Donnie Walsh, who want to speak at length with Iverson before any contract is signed, have publicly cited the positive impact adding a player of Iverson's caliber would make for the team, but what has only been broached behind closed doors is the other side of the equation. It was only a year ago that the franchise dealt with Marbury, who after being benched, refused to play and then publicly criticized D'Antoni.

bkmikeyy
11-20-2009, 06:11 AM
On the verge means about to. Both Kidd and Hill used the knicks as leverage during their contract talks, which got all knick fans annoyed. Also Walsh balked at Sessions being afraid to dip into next years cap space. No, we were never on the verge of signing any of those players..

whether we were on the "verge" or not my point is if you followed this summer as a knick fan you read a lot of articles from local newspapers saying how it is inevitable that several players will join the knicks and how it is a matter of days before they sign. whether we were truthfully close or not is a different matter, fact is the media makes things seem a lot more serious than they usually are so i will wait until he actually signs something before i get excited.

bigvdebo86
11-20-2009, 12:09 PM
In an abrupt reversal, Knicks officials decided late Thursday not to offer Iverson a contract, putting an end to their brief flirtation, according to a person close to the deliberations.

Although team officials were highly intrigued by Iverson, a four-time scoring champion, they finally decided that he posed too great a risk because of his long history of problems on and off the court.

Team officials spent three days weighing the potential merits and pitfalls of signing Iverson, and alternately talked themselves into and then out of making the move. On Tuesday the team president, Donnie Walsh, called it unlikely. Two days later he seemed open to it. Coach Mike D’Antoni was one of the first to be sold on the idea.

By Thursday afternoon it appeared that the Knicks were fully committed to taking the gamble, with one person close to the team saying there was a 90 percent chance that Iverson would become a Knick.

But team officials held one more discussion on the matter Thursday evening and decided to drop it, according to the person close to the deliberations. The person did not want to be identified discussing a private team matter.

James L. Dolan, the Madison Square Garden chairman, was opposed to the move from the start, but had indicated to Walsh that he would not stand in the way if Walsh and D’Antoni were firmly in favor of signing Iverson. When it came time to commit, however, Walsh and D’Antoni decided that Iverson posed too great a risk.

The Knicks considered the move because of a 2-9 start. But they showed signs of life in a 110-103 victory over the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday night. They also just got a healthy and slimmed down Eddy Curry back in the rotation. In the final analysis, the team decided it was better to stay the course, let their young players develop and allow Curry time to regain his footing as they plan for the summer of 2010.

Fresno
11-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Link?

Iverson to Miami.

*Superman*
11-20-2009, 12:24 PM
The Knicks have decided not to sign Allen Iverson.

The team had been considering whether to add Iverson to the roster after starting the season 2-9. As of Thursday evening, a deal appeared imminent. One source put the percentage likelihood of the Knicks signing Iverson in the high 90's.

Knick owner James Dolan was reportedly hesitant about signing Iverson for the remainder of the season but said he would not stand in the way if Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni were in favor of the move.

The Knicks pulled back late Thursday, deciding that the risks of adding Iverson outweighed the potential rewards.

Still a FA.

DitchDat
11-20-2009, 12:31 PM
man nobody wants Iverson

Fresno
11-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Absolutely crazy.

Iverson to Miami? Iverson to Europe? Iverson to the NBDL(He'd start)?

lavilevi23
11-20-2009, 12:47 PM
A.I to Miami !!!!! would he start over chalmers though?

Boston Faithful
11-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Seriously Donnie? You're not going to sign Iverson?

He really is the worst GM in the league. Let's rundown all the great decisions he's made since June.

-He could have traded Jeffries and Chandler for the 5th pick and an expiring contract, but he didn't do it.
-Passed up on future All-Star Brandon Jennings for Jordan freakin' Hill.
-Now he passed up on Allen Iverson.

The Knicks, quite frankly, suck. They are 2-9 and while Walsh managed to move guys like Randolph and Crawford, that was pretty managable considering they were traded again this offseason.

The Knicks could have picked at 5 and 8 this year and picked Stephen Curry and Brandon Jennings but they are left with a sadsack of a franchise, a bunch of losers and not enough money to sign two superstars next year.

Hmm.. Jennings, Gallinari and Curry plus two superstars - or Gallinari, a bunch of ***** and enough money to try to convince LeBron to come here? What's the better situation?

The Knicks don't want Iverson because of the team chemistry. WHAT chemistry is that? Is it the chemistry when they are throwing inadvertant passes or stepping out of bounds EVERY game?

They have a bunch of losers on that team, Duhon sucks. What potential does Walsh see in Toney Douglas and Wilson Chandler? Why would you not trade Chandler and get rid of Jeffries contract?

Honestly, the Knicks deserve to be where they are. Donnie Walsh is no better than Isiah Thomas. Iverson would have created interest in the franchise this year and got them some wins. There was no development or chemistry he could disrupt. The Knicks are one of the most dysfunctional, worst teams in the league.

Donnie Walsh is a laughingstock and I sympathize with any Knicks fan whose pissed.

Jetsguy
11-20-2009, 12:49 PM
kind of sad really, one of the best players in the last 10-15 years. He should just retire now and not drag this on any further.

Silent
11-20-2009, 12:51 PM
that's just sad if the Knicks don't want u

Gibby23
11-20-2009, 12:53 PM

He really is the worst GM in the league. Let's rundown all the great decisions he's made since June.

-He could have traded Jeffries and Chandler for the 5th pick and an expiring contract, but he didn't do it.

The Knicks, quite frankly, suck. They are 2-9 and while Walsh managed to move guys like Randolph and Crawford, that was pretty managable considering they were traded again this offseason.

The Knicks could have picked at 5 and 8 this year and picked Stephen Curry and Brandon Jennings but they are left with a sadsack of a franchise, a bunch of losers and not enough money to sign two superstars next year.

Hmm.. Jennings, Gallinari and Curry plus two superstars - or Gallinari, a bunch of ***** and enough money to try to convince LeBron to come here? What's the better situation?

The Knicks don't want Iverson because of the team chemistry. WHAT chemistry is that? Is it the chemistry when they are throwing inadvertant passes or stepping out of bounds EVERY game?

They have a bunch of losers on that team, Duhon sucks. What potential does Walsh see in Toney Douglas and Wilson Chandler? Why would you not trade Chandler and get rid of Jeffries contract?

Honestly, the Knicks deserve to be where they are. Donnie Walsh is no better than Isiah Thomas. Iverson would have created interest in the franchise this year and got them some wins. There was no development or chemistry he could disrupt. The Knicks are one of the most dysfunctional, worst teams in the league.

Donnie Walsh is a laughingstock and I sympathize with any Knicks fan whose pissed.

I think he is cleaning house and we can't judge him until next year. 2010 is the plan, so let it play out and see how they do.

D-Leethal
11-20-2009, 12:53 PM
AI is not turning us into a playoff team, on a bad team you want your young guys to get as much playing time and experience as possible....AI would take away 30 mins and 20 shots a game from our young guys who need to see the court and have an impact as much as possible

WestCoastPhan
11-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Their front office still won't ever be as bad as the warriors tho.

miller74
11-20-2009, 01:00 PM
AI is a career loser and a selfish player, what could he really do for the Knicks

Boston Faithful
11-20-2009, 01:03 PM
AI is not turning us into a playoff team, on a bad team you want your young guys to get as much playing time and experience as possible....AI would take away 30 mins and 20 shots a game from our young guys who need to see the court and have an impact as much as possible

I didn't say AI would turn the Knicks into a playoff team. But there are no young guys on their roster that they need to groom. Toney Douglas is doing pretty good on a HORRIBLE team, Wilson Chandler has blown this year. And from what I've seen from Jordan Hill, he looks pathetic. Danilo Gallinari is the only guy they need to groom for the future.

David Lee quite obviously is getting the stats he has because the Knicks have no one else and Nate Robinson is putting up straight up pathetic numbers. Like 8 points on 30% shooting. Horrible.

AI would bring the crowd back to MSG, bring in ticket sales and jersey sales as well as get some publicity for the Knicks. They'd at least be exciting again.

Unruly Fan
11-20-2009, 01:07 PM
AI is a career loser and a selfish player, what could he really do for the KnicksReally? Thats all you remember him for?

ink
11-20-2009, 01:09 PM
In an abrupt reversal, Knicks officials decided late Thursday not to offer Iverson a contract, putting an end to their brief flirtation, according to a person close to the deliberations.

Although team officials were highly intrigued by Iverson, a four-time scoring champion, they finally decided that he posed too great a risk because of his long history of problems on and off the court.

Team officials spent three days weighing the potential merits and pitfalls of signing Iverson, and alternately talked themselves into and then out of making the move. On Tuesday the team president, Donnie Walsh, called it unlikely. Two days later he seemed open to it. Coach Mike D’Antoni was one of the first to be sold on the idea.

By Thursday afternoon it appeared that the Knicks were fully committed to taking the gamble, with one person close to the team saying there was a 90 percent chance that Iverson would become a Knick.

But team officials held one more discussion on the matter Thursday evening and decided to drop it, according to the person close to the deliberations. The person did not want to be identified discussing a private team matter.

James L. Dolan, the Madison Square Garden chairman, was opposed to the move from the start, but had indicated to Walsh that he would not stand in the way if Walsh and D’Antoni were firmly in favor of signing Iverson. When it came time to commit, however, Walsh and D’Antoni decided that Iverson posed too great a risk.

The Knicks considered the move because of a 2-9 start. But they showed signs of life in a 110-103 victory over the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday night. They also just got a healthy and slimmed down Eddy Curry back in the rotation. In the final analysis, the team decided it was better to stay the course, let their young players develop and allow Curry time to regain his footing as they plan for the summer of 2010.

Sounds like they made a good basketball decision. :clap: It's too bad for AI but there is waaay too much ego involved in his problems right now and that is no good for any team. On top of that he just can't play the game the way it's played today. When can we officially declare the MJ wannabee era over?

Slimsim
11-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Iverson is not coming to NY. So he might go to Miami.

Turtle55
11-20-2009, 01:22 PM
:speechless: First the Grizzlies cut you and then the Knicks refuse to offer you a contract. Two of the worst franchises in the NBA rejected him. I thought the Pistons thing was embarrassing but this season it has gotten much worse.

Pierzynski4Prez
11-20-2009, 01:39 PM
i still just don't get why any team would want this guy anymore, his me-first attitude far outweighs his talent at this point IMO.

29$JerZ
11-20-2009, 01:44 PM

Your an idiot or just lacking in knowledge if you think Donnie the worst GM in the NBA when Dunleavy is still in the NBA.

We didn't trade Wilson and Jared for the 5th because Rubio dropping that low to 5 despite being claimed the 2nd best player to draft was unlikely.

We passed on Brandon because he has no idea how to build draft stock. skipping a workout in Europe that will be watched by the Knicks GM is not a way to get picked by them.

Trading Zach last year was harder then this year because he has 1 year less on his contract. Memphis wanted a 1st and Zach + taking on Marko Jaric's contract. Would you do that?

I guess you've never seen Douglass play who is a defensive guard with a jumpshot and passing ability. Not to mention when he went head to head with Brandon he outplayed him....

How do the Knicks deserve to be on the bottom? Especially when they are rebuilding from the Isiah/Layden Era?

And we are no longer the most dysfunctional team in the league *******.
Marbury isn't here.Isiah isn't here. Those two were the cause of the circus that was the 2001-2008 Knicks. If any team is dysfunctional its Golden State.

If your going to bash a team at least support your claims with facts, all you've done is made comments that hold no merit.

Turtle55
11-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Your an idiot or just lacking in knowledge if you think Donnie the worst GM in the NBA when Dunleavy is still in the NBA.

We didn't trade Wilson and Jared for the 5th because Rubio dropping that low to 5 despite being claimed the 2nd best player to draft was unlikely.

We passed on Brandon because he has no idea how to build draft stock. skipping a workout in Europe that will be watched by the Knicks GM is not a way to get picked by them.

Trading Zach last year was harder then this year because he has 1 year less on his contract. Memphis wanted a 1st and Zach + taking on Marko Jaric's contract. Would you do that?

I guess you've never seen Douglass play who is a defensive guard with a jumpshot and passing ability. Not to mention when he went head to head with Brandon he outplayed him....

How do the Knicks deserve to be on the bottom? Especially when they are rebuilding from the Isiah/Layden Era?

Marbury isn't here.Isiah isn't here. Those two were the cause of the circus that was the 2001-2008 Knicks. If any team is dysfunctional its Golden State.

If your going to bash a team at least support your claims with facts, all you've done is made comments that hold no merit.

As much as I've hated the Knicks my entire life I agree with the claims that Walsh can't be blamed for their problems. He is trying to follow the worst GM in NBA history. It's always harder to clean up somebody else's colossal mess. He should be given slack for a couple seasons.

Fresno
11-20-2009, 02:20 PM
As much as I've hated the Knicks my entire life I agree with the claims that Walsh can't be blamed for their problems. He is trying to follow the worst GM in NBA history. It's always harder to clean up somebody else's colossal mess. He should be given slack for a couple seasons.

Donnie has had his opportunities to improve the team and didn't make the right decision, the fact that once he came to the Knicks he also preached the plan of 2010 makes the decisions now even more important.

If he doesn't get LeBron, the 2010 Plan will have failed. There is no #2 option, and Joe Johnson can't make the Knicks better.

The fact he allowed it to reach this point just doesn't make any sense, he didn't try to improve the team although the Knicks dont have a 1st Round Pick in 2010 so there is no point in them losing. He wouldn't trade Chandler for Rubio, who would've came to the NBA if he were in New York.

Nate Robinson won't be back next season, David Lee will get overpaid if he returns, and there are few bright spots among their young talent. Jordan Hill always projected as a utility big man in the NBA, I dont think anybody who saw him play in college thought he was going to be have an immediate impact.

Boston Faithful
11-20-2009, 02:29 PM

First of all, it was obvious Stephen Curry would be there at 5, even if Rubio wasn't going to be. I'd much rather have Curry than Wilson Chandler and a **** of a contract that is Jared Jeffries'. Any bonehead would have picked Jennings over Jordan Hill. I sat there in disbelief as Jordan Hill's name got called up. They already have like 4 big man and have a major logjam at both PF and C. They already had Curry, Lee, Harrington and they just traded for Milicic. Hill sucks. He's a project.

Point blank, the Knicks could have solved their problems but Walsh is an idiot.

Their lineup could look like: Jennings, Curry, Gallinari, Harrington, Lee right now with THIRTY MILLION IN CAP SPACE this offseason - but instead they have room for one and a half superstars, no Jennings or Curry - all thanks to Donnie Walsh.

Good job.

Turtle55
11-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Donnie has had his opportunities to improve the team and didn't make the right decision, the fact that once he came to the Knicks he also preached the plan of 2010 makes the decisions now even more important.

If he doesn't get LeBron, the 2010 Plan will have failed. There is no #2 option, and Joe Johnson can't make the Knicks better.

The fact he allowed it to reach this point just doesn't make any sense, he didn't try to improve the team although the Knicks dont have a 1st Round Pick in 2010 so there is no point in them losing. He wouldn't trade Chandler for Rubio, who would've came to the NBA if he were in New York.

Nate Robinson won't be back next season, David Lee will get overpaid if he returns, and there are few bright spots among their young talent. Jordan Hill always projected as a utility big man in the NBA, I dont think anybody who saw him play in college thought he was going to be have an immediate impact.

I'm not going to go back and forth trying to defend the Knicks. The very idea of doing that makes me sick to my stomach. But I do feel the need to say Joe Johnson can make ANY team better. He just can't make the Knicks good. Better but not good.

Slimsim
11-20-2009, 02:49 PM
First of all, it was obvious Stephen Curry would be there at 5, even if Rubio wasn't going to be. I'd much rather have Curry than Wilson Chandler and a **** of a contract that is Jared Jeffries'. Any bonehead would have picked Jennings over Jordan Hill. I sat there in disbelief as Jordan Hill's name got called up. They already have like 4 big man and have a major logjam at both PF and C. They already had Curry, Lee, Harrington and they just traded for Milicic. Hill sucks. He's a project.

Point blank, the Knicks could have solved their problems but Walsh is an idiot.

Their lineup could look like: Jennings, Curry, Gallinari, Harrington, Lee right now with THIRTY MILLION IN CAP SPACE this offseason - but instead they have room for one and a half superstars, no Jennings or Curry - all thanks to Donnie Walsh.

Good job.

But listen Chances are we are not resigning lee Al and Darko. So who would play pf if we wasn't able to get a big man during the summer of 2010 . So we have jordan hill who can become a good big man.

JordansBulls
11-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Source: Nytimes (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sports/basketball/21iverson.html?_r=1)

The Knicks’ pursuit of Allen Iverson is dead.

The team president, Donnie Walsh, confirmed the decision early Friday afternoon at the Knicks’ training center.

“We’re not going to be making additions at this time to our team,” he said. “So I guess that ends the speculation about Allen Iverson. It really has nothing to do with Allen Iverson. It’s just a stage that our team is in right now: what we’ve been trying to do since we got here in building a team for the future. It did get interesting for a while because Allen’s a great player, has always been a great player.

“You’re 1-9, you’re going to start thinking, ‘Well, we got to get some help in here,’ .”

Rome
11-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Why not for one year?

Turtle55
11-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Why not for one year?

It's something when even the Knicks think you will hurt their chemistry.

JLynn943
11-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Why not for one year?

They probably just want the high lottery pick. If they can draft John Wall that might help attract Lebron.

This is just a way of saying that they've already given up this year.

KnicksorBust
11-20-2009, 03:59 PM
We don't have our pick. Chris Duhon is the worst player in the league. Yet we don't sign Iverson. Bad decision.

algreek3
11-20-2009, 04:02 PM
They probably just want the high lottery pick. If they can draft John Wall that might help attract Lebron.

This is just a way of saying that they've already given up this year.

We dont have a lottery pick. Utah has it this year!
This was the DUMBEST move I have ever seen the Knicks do.

There was ZERO reason for them not to sign AI.

What the hell is wrong with Walsh! :facepalm:

oak2455
11-20-2009, 04:05 PM
We don't have our pick. Chris Duhon is the worst player in the league. Yet we don't sign Iverson. Bad decision.

they dont have their #1 pick????

Rome
11-20-2009, 04:06 PM
At least you'd sell some tickets? lol

willsayanything
11-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Then they can try Alan Houston, no?

Pierzynski4Prez
11-20-2009, 04:21 PM
At least you'd sell some tickets? lol

Sell tickets and get players endorsement deals they apparently can't get anywhere else. Oh wait, every other player in the league has an endorsement deal, except for the ones playing on the Knicks. Funny.

JLynn943
11-20-2009, 04:35 PM
We dont have a lottery pick. Utah has it this year!
This was the DUMBEST move I have ever seen the Knicks do.

There was ZERO reason for them not to sign AI.

What the hell is wrong with Walsh! :facepalm:

Wow. Yeah, then this is just bad. Sorry, Knicks fans.

Aar684
11-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Why is there anything wrong with Walsh because he doesn't want a trouble making, past his prime, headcase of a guard on his team? They aren't winning this year anyway, and they know that. Younger guys would get far less minutes with Iverson on the team. That in itself makes no sense. You might as well see who you can go forward with, and you know that it won't be AI. Putting more fans in the seats? BIG DEAL. So you might win 5-10 more games with AI, putting the team at the 20 win mark instead of 15. Asking for AI is asking for a freak show to come to town. It won't better the team.

sofargone
11-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Why is there anything wrong with Walsh because he doesn't want a trouble making, past his prime, headcase of a guard on his team? They aren't winning this year anyway, and they know that. Younger guys would get far less minutes with Iverson on the team. That in itself makes no sense. You might as well see who you can go forward with, and you know that it won't be AI. Putting more fans in the seats? BIG DEAL. So you might win 5-10 more games with AI, putting the team at the 20 win mark instead of 15. Asking for AI is asking for a freak show to come to town. It won't better the team.
yes it will. what does new york have to look forward to this year? another stretch of brutal losses with a bunch of no name players. chris duhon? jarred jeffries? please. get iverson there to give new york fans something to be happy about. they get to watch a great player play.

Raph12
11-21-2009, 02:31 AM
Too bad for Knicks fans...

ink
11-21-2009, 03:50 AM
Too bad for Knicks fans...

They dodged a bullet.

AI needs to talk to the Sixers about a good retirement ceremony so he can go out with dignity. :clap:

abe_froman
11-21-2009, 04:17 AM
They dodged a bullet.

AI needs to talk to the Sixers about a good retirement ceremony so he can go out with dignity. :clap:

no.complaining about being regulated to the bench on a bottom feeder after being the scapegoat for destroying a perennial powerhouse,isnt going out with dignity

to get some of it back he needs to keep playing

ink
11-21-2009, 04:27 AM
no.complaining about being regulated to the bench on a bottom feeder after being the scapegoat for destroying a perennial powerhouse,isnt going out with dignity

to get some of it back he needs to keep playing

Diminishing returns.

His dignity is only going to go down from here.

EdGein812
11-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Charlotte says no. Memphis says come off the bench. The Knicks say nevermind. If this isn't a clear message from the garbage teams of the league, I don't know what is. Old man jowels is done. It might be worth his while to play a reserve role with a contending team, but can his big head accept a diminished role? I hope he does, because he's becoming quite sad.

eugene
11-21-2009, 10:06 AM
What are other possible destinations for AI? Maybe Miami?

EdGein812
11-21-2009, 11:25 AM

Possibly, many retirees move to Florida. They have a large geriatric community. Shuffle board.

Gambeezy
11-21-2009, 01:07 PM

It's always a possibility. I'm not sure if Pat would pull the trigger on AI though. He would just be coming off the bench for us too. We're developing Chalmers and I don't see Spo sitting him to start the shoot-first AI. He's just a cancer at this point in his career. We don't need that bad attitude or that kind of attention. It's Wade's contract year so I doubt Pat would bring someone in that could ruffle feathers throughout the entire organization because he thinks he is holier than thou.

Raph12
11-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Hopefully he retires, I'm saddened to see the lack of respect for a future HOFer like AI... I mean, CMON IT'S CHRIS ****ING DUHON FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

JLynn943
11-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Hopefully he retires, I'm saddened to see the lack of respect for a future HOFer like AI... I mean, CMON IT'S CHRIS ****ING DUHON FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

Yeah, seriously. The disrespect he's getting is ridiculous. Before he was traded into a system that didn't fit him in Detroit (where he was behind the god awful Stuckey), he was still incredibly productive. He may be a year or two older, but he can still play at that level.

raptor fan
11-21-2009, 06:55 PM
I think he would be an excellent pickup for the celtics. If he would be willing to come off the bench, he would fit in so well there. They are legitimate title contenders, and AI would only bring them closer to another championship. Also, similar to the marbury situation last year, KG, Pierce, Allen, and Rasheed won't let Iverson get away with poor play. It would also prevent another contending team from picking him up (eg. the cavs).

this would be their lineup if they picked up iverson, and made the proposed deal for nocioni (scalabrine, t.allen, and giddens for nocioni)

PG: Rondo/Iverson/House
SG: R.Allen/Daniels/Hudson
SF: Pierce/Nocioni/Walker
PF: Garnett/Davis/Williams
C: Perkins/Wallace/*future free agent pickup

that's a stacked team

ko8e24
11-21-2009, 07:45 PM
I think he would be an excellent pickup for the celtics. If he would be willing to come off the bench, he would fit in so well there. They are legitimate title contenders, and AI would only bring them closer to another championship. Also, similar to the marbury situation last year, KG, Pierce, Allen, and Rasheed won't let Iverson get away with poor play. It would also prevent another contending team from picking him up (eg. the cavs).

this would be their lineup if they picked up iverson, and made the proposed deal for nocioni (scalabrine, t.allen, and giddens for nocioni)

PG: Rondo/Iverson/House
SG: R.Allen/Daniels/Hudson
SF: Pierce/Nocioni/Walker
PF: Garnett/Davis/Williams
C: Perkins/Wallace/*future free agent pickup

that's a stacked team

or he could just sign with the team that's gonna repeat!

DitchDat
11-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Iverson cannot be on a team with other stars.
There's a huge misconception about Allen Iverson, people often say "Respect his greatness, the took a bunch of nobodys to the NBA Finals in '01!!!!!". Well, duh. Iverson is only happy when he has a bunch of role players surrounding him, that's the only way and Iverson team can be succesful. He wants to be a superstar, have the ball in his hands at all times, jack up 30 shots per game, play his one-on-one type of ball, get no one involved... He needs nobodys around him, because he can't thrive when not playing 40+ minutes and being the top dog.

I admit, he's tough, but unless there's a team that wants to have him as a starter and put a bunch of no-names around him, he should hang it up. He is not worth the headache, and please, people are saying he should go to a contender, who often have 2, 3 or 4 stars. Sure, he could win a title, but he already has trouble playing with ONE superstar, let alone 2, 3 or 4. He will just cause a headache and throw a fit about playing time or having the ball.

Lastly, yes the guy is extremely tough, talented 6-foot scoring machine, but his FG% his horrible and his assists are not calculated assists. He just drives and kicks it out when he can't get a shot off.
I loved him in Philly, but it's pretty damn obvious that he doesn't care about winning a ring. He only cares about Iverson. What's even worse, I think, in his own twisted mind, he think he is the ultimate warrior.

Nighthawk
11-22-2009, 10:24 AM
^^good post

Iverson actually made the comments that he came to Memphis to win a ring an nobody mentioned rebuilding? Does he not pay attention to the the NBA? Did he not realize that there isnt a soul that even thinks the Griz can get the 8th seed? I would love A.I on the Celts for short money coming off the bench with House, Daniels, Sheed an Shelden or Baby. But i dont think he can come to gripes with the fact that hes nothing more than a role player now and if he accept that he could actually be one of the best role players out there. I think he just still thinks he the A.I in philly. When really hes a role player without a job

EdGein812
11-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Even the Knicks don't want him! THE KNICKS! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

DitchDat
11-22-2009, 10:55 AM
..because they don't want to jeopardize the development of their young core.
Face it, he will only be happy on a team with young nobodys and those teams don't want him to knock their development. Teams like the Nets and Knicks know that they aren't winning, so why not give the young guys a ton of minutes instead of a selfish veteran who wants to take half of your team's shots? It's as simple as that.

EdGein812
11-22-2009, 11:34 AM
If he was still playing at the level he thinks he is, he would be highly coveted. The fact that most of you are sticking up for him, means absolutely nothing, the entire NBA has spoken, and pretty loud at that. NOBODY WANTS HIM. Nobody wants this geriatric egomaniac. Over the summer he was limited to Charlotte and Memphis. Went to Memphis, came off the bench, ( in Memphis mind you,) had a fit, left town, and was even turned away by the Knicks. These are all bottom of the barrel teams. The only reason these teams gave him a look was because of the HOF name on the back of the jersey and the hopes of increased season ticket sales. If you don't realize that you are as delusional as the man himself.