PDA

View Full Version : What should the Rockets do with Tracy Mcgrady?

JordansBulls
11-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Seeing how hard and well the Rockets are playing, this brings to mind what the team should do once Mcgrady comes back.

randomness
11-17-2009, 06:57 PM
if i were the rockets, i'd trade him for a starting C who expires and a lesser wing who can start. Example:

Tracy McGrady for Brad Miller and John Salmons.

sep11ie
11-17-2009, 07:21 PM
^that idea has been thrown around the Rockets forum for two years now.

thephoenixson28
11-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Tracy mcgrady for J-rich, and alando tucker

Cash
11-17-2009, 07:38 PM
if i were the rockets, i'd trade him for a starting C who expires and a lesser wing who can start. Example:

Lesser wing? Salmons definitely has more value than Tmac right now. If the Rockets were lucky, they could probably get Brad Miller and Jerome James.

GoatMilk
11-17-2009, 07:42 PM
TMac has no value right now.
maybe if he plays well they can trade him, but they wont get much for him.

well, mybe they can trade him, but they wont get anything worthwhile for him.

just keep him and let him expire. maybe go after Joe Johnson in the off season o.O

HoopsDrive
11-17-2009, 07:54 PM
What the team should do once Tmac comes back? Nothing. He's gonna get injured again 1 month later.

Give a shot at trading talks but his value is so low now due to his paper-like status no one is really going to put anything noteworthy on the table for the Rockets.

Wait, maybe the Knicks.

Toenail Clipper
11-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Him for Marcus Camby.

thephoenixson28
11-17-2009, 08:05 PM
If the suns can fix up shaq and grant hill they can fix up anyone. If the trade fails and he doesn't turn back to form then he is a expiring. Its a win win situation.

thephoenixson28
11-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Him for Marcus Camby. we will give you j-rich for him

HoopsDrive
11-17-2009, 08:13 PM
^But Frye is doing so well right now...

NBA-GMaster
11-17-2009, 08:29 PM
DUH!! Keep Him.. Let His Big contract expire!! 20+M contract.. + MLE.. We could sign 2 allstar player next year!!

thephoenixson28
11-17-2009, 08:29 PM
^But Frye is doing so well right now... I know maybe I should stick to the tracy mcgrady trade

NBA-GMaster
11-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Plus a better draft pick!!

dtmagnet
11-17-2009, 08:39 PM
DUH!! Keep Him.. Let His Big contract expire!! 20+M contract.. + MLE.. We could sign 2 allstar player next year!!

You won't have any MLE if you're under the cap, that's only for teams who are over the cap. The more you know :)

bahama0811
11-17-2009, 08:41 PM
T-Mac for Anthony Carter

PLAYERS FAN
11-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Since it's Ariza team now trade him!

NBA-GMaster
11-17-2009, 09:03 PM
TRADING Tracy?? A no no no!! :down: :pity: :badidea:

SlaterRaps
11-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Seeing how hard and well the Rockets are playing, this brings to mind what the team should do once Mcgrady comes back.

trade him to the knicks we all know theyll do it

xxxplicit69
11-17-2009, 09:27 PM

heck naw the bulls wont do something this dumb.

i do think the rockets should trade tmac but not to the bulls.:pity::badidea:

SteveNash
11-17-2009, 09:39 PM
You won't have any MLE if you're under the cap, that's only for teams who are over the cap. The more you know :)

And they won't have the cap room to sign anyone great.

Rockets have to play him now, and I'm sure he won't suck that much.

Clutch6
11-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Tmac has loads of value, because of his expiring contract, give him to a team with young studs to develop around your core and offer them that expiring contract to go rebuild.
I would give you dalembert and elton brand for him and someone you guys hate also ahah

dodie53
11-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Tracy mcgrady for J-rich, and alando tucker

nice!

Bishnoff
11-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Trade him for some magic beans.

sunnydayin'zona
11-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah i'll take jrich and alando tucker for tmac! : D

JordansBulls
11-18-2009, 01:19 AM
Tmac to Phoenix for Jason Richardson and Lopez would be a good deal.

Confusion
11-18-2009, 02:50 AM
Maybe try him out again and see how he does, if he starts to get into a slump then make an attempt to trade him.

thephoenixson28
11-18-2009, 03:32 AM
Tmac to Phoenix for Jason Richardson and Lopez would be a good deal. As much as we need a center and they need a center. I still might do it. Collins has been pretty solid for us.

Raph12
11-18-2009, 04:13 AM
Keep him, his market-value is pretty **** anyways.

JordansBulls
11-18-2009, 09:30 AM
As much as we need a center and they need a center. I still might do it. Collins has been pretty solid for us.

Nash
Mcgrady
Hill
Amare
Frye

loki34
11-18-2009, 12:13 PM
You probably can get biedrins and ellis for mac

JordansBulls
11-18-2009, 12:44 PM
What about Chris Kaman and filler for Mcgrady?

pippsux
11-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Play him for a couple of games to showcase what he has left then actively shop him. But only do a deal if it involves a player that can create his own and create for others. If such a player is not available, then let his contract expire.

Lo Porto
11-18-2009, 01:18 PM
That TMac for AK and Harpring trade seemed to make so much sense this summer. With the Rockets new running style, AK would fit like a glove. For Utah, TMac just expires but the savings are worth it.

td0tsfinest
11-18-2009, 01:31 PM
I was surprised to see T-Mac give his number to Ariza. Maybe its just a sign of how long T-Mac will stay with the Rockets.

I'm pretty sure they've been pushing a trade involving T-Mac but T-Mac's status is is unknown. I'm sure he can still play, its whether or not he's capable of playing at such a high level for a long time. And I don't think he's capable of that.

fredv
11-18-2009, 01:47 PM
You probably can get biedrins and ellis for mac

yes!!! or Randolph and Ellis!

Gibby23
11-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Trade him and Brooks for CP3 and David West.

sixers247
11-18-2009, 02:24 PM
trae him to the Sixers for Brand, Dalembert, and Green. Man that would make me happy. He doesn't ever have to put the Sixers uniform on either.

JordansBulls
11-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Rockets would do better trading him for Someone like Marcus Camby as they need a big man as well.

prash
11-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Trading him is a re-tah-dead idea.

He's in a contract year. He's gonna play his a55 off. Keep him and at least get the benefit of him playing for a contract.

Besides, it's known that Morley has no intention of trading him unless he's getting someone who's at least as talented as he is in return.

Epic Poll failure. Most votes are just fans. Any smart manager would keep him and let his contract expire.

sofargone
11-19-2009, 08:29 PM
i say trade him but youd have to let him play first. the guys value is virtually 0 right now, know one knows how well he'll do once he gets back. theyd be wise to let him play for a few months then trade him right before the deadline. that contract will be hard to move though (20mil) but if he plays well and a team that is in need of a SF/SG wants him it could work.

superkegger
11-19-2009, 08:35 PM
They should take him out back and put him down.

SlaterRaps
11-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Trading him is a re-tah-dead idea.

He's in a contract year. He's gonna play his a55 off. Keep him and at least get the benefit of him playing for a contract.

Besides, it's known that Morley has no intention of trading him unless he's getting someone who's at least as talented as he is in return.

Epic Poll failure. Most votes are just fans. Any smart manager would keep him and let his contract expire.

after this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Q7osjCQfw

most people in the league are better than him

prash
11-19-2009, 09:27 PM
after this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Q7osjCQfw

most people in the league are better than him

450+ players in the league. Only a small percentage of active players have career avg's better than 20 points 5 rebounds 5 assists.

king9er
11-19-2009, 09:52 PM
you let the contract expire and hope for contract year production.

Lindystud36
11-19-2009, 09:58 PM
The only trade id make is to a team like the knicks.
For Curry and Lee

Or for a player like monta ellis

Fresno
11-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Yahoo! Sports reports that Tracy McGrady and coach Rick Adelman reportedly got into a heated exchange behind closed doors on Wednesday, after McGrady dressed in his game uniform despite the Rockets saying that there was no target date for his return.

It sounds like T-Mac is sensing that he's no longer wanted by the organization, who says he's not ready, and won't set a timetable for his return until after his MRI on Nov. 23. Meanwhile, T-Mac says he's ready to play, but Houston is playing well and likes the team's chemistry without him in the mix. It's possible they may just sit him and collect insurance money, or try to trade him. However, it's also still possible he's given a clean bill of health and eventually plays this year. Either way, we're not on board with picking him up.

Rotoworld

Shouldn't Houston just buy McGrady out? Its not like they're going to be able to pick up value for him by trading him since there isn't many players making $23 Million this year and they aren't trying to take on big long term contracts.

jimbobjarree
11-20-2009, 12:17 PM
trade him for ak and harpring!

*Superman*
11-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah they play better ball w/o Big Mac.

xHTOWN713x
11-20-2009, 12:23 PM

:facepalm:

nyyfan4life
He's out after this year anyway. No point in paying a buy-out, IMO.

Fresno
If Houston did do the right thing and buy out T-Mac, would it make sense for T-Mac to go back to Orlando?

Fresno
11-20-2009, 12:26 PM
He's out after this year anyway. No point in paying a buy-out, IMO.

A buyout would pay him less and open up a roster spot, they can either pay him his full $23 Million for him to be a distraction on the team or they can buy him out at maybe $18 Million, rid themselves of his distraction, and open up a roster spot.

Its a win-win situation for both sides.

T-Mac doesn't help Houston by being on the team, even if he played he wouldn't make them a better team. Houston doesn't need to keep T-Mac around.

*Superman*
11-20-2009, 12:27 PM
If Houston did do the right thing and buy out T-Mac, would it make sense for T-Mac to go back to Orlando?

As a Magic fan, eh, I loved Tmac when he was here. If anything, if he is willing to take the vet min, I would take him. I would think he would have to play 6th man tho because putting him in the starting line up would have to many offensive players. Nelson, Carter, Mac, Shard Dwight. That does look sick tho.

I remember reading this article that was saying that the Magic were considering trading for VC or McGrady. So yeah I think if he gets bought out its possible.

Fresno
11-20-2009, 12:29 PM

Everything I've seen makes me believe Houston expects to be active in the 2010 Free Agency. I think they're also kinda hoping that Yao opts out and takes a small paycut to maybe sign a 3/$30 Million Dollar deal now to give them even more room to sign a big name Free Agent.

They wont get LeBron, but they could possibly get Joe Johnson or Amare Stoudemire.

Fresno
11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
As a Magic fan, eh, I loved Tmac when he was here. If anything, if he is willing to take the vet min, I would take him. I would think he would have to play 6th man tho because putting him in the starting line up would have to many offensive players. Nelson, Carter, Mac, Shard Dwight. That does look sick tho.
If T-Mac does get bought out, he would have to take the Veterans minimum this season if he wanted to win. I'd agree with that T-Mac would have to come off the bench as a 6th Man but he'd definetly be a crucial factor for Orlando as he can handle some of the PG duties with Nelson out.

I think hes going to come back as a current Grant Hill-type player, but he might have a little more left.

AWC713
11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
just let his damn contract expire...

Fresno
11-20-2009, 12:35 PM
just let his damn contract expire...

Paying him $23 Million to sit home, or play uninspired basketball makes no sense.

These big expirers almost always fail if they're in the wrong situation, like Marbury in NY and Iverson & Sheed in Detroit.

Buying him out and moving on makes so much sense for both sides.

jimbobjarree
11-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Everything I've seen makes me believe Houston expects to be active in the 2010 Free Agency. I think they're also kinda hoping that Yao opts out and takes a small paycut to maybe sign a 3/$30 Million Dollar deal now to give them even more room to sign a big name Free Agent.

They wont get LeBron, but they could possibly get Joe Johnson or Amare Stoudemire.

I only say it after rumblings we got offered it over the summer and we turned it down...retards. I'd do it now he's healthy though, though AKs having himself a season, he could run with your Rockets team better than playing half court with us.

Gibby23
11-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Paying him $23 Million to sit home, or play uninspired basketball makes no sense.

These big expirers almost always fail if they're in the wrong situation, like Marbury in NY and Iverson & Sheed in Detroit.

The insurance company is paying 80% of his salary for every game he is out. The rockets will not buy him out, it would be a stupid move. They have a chance to make the playoffs, they will trade him if they can get something for him, let him play if he is cleared, or let him sit if he isn't cleared and let the insurance pay 80% of his contract.

Rockets4Life
11-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Rotoworld

Shouldn't Houston just buy McGrady out? Its not like they're going to be able to pick up value for him by trading him since there isn't many players making $23 Million this year and they aren't trying to take on big long term contracts.

No they should not buy him out cause there collecting insurance money on him.

Assuming that McGrady is covered under the NBA’s Temporary Total Disability (TTD) insurance policy, Houston can start to collect up to 80 percent of his prorated per-game salary after he’s missed 41 consecutive games. McGrady sat out his 42nd straight game Wednesday in Minnesota, and the league insurance plan would reimburse the Rockets for any additional missed games.

For the rest of the season, the insurance policy could cover 80 percent of his per-game salary of $282,946. Even if McGrady returns to the lineup for one or more games this season, the insurance would still pay the Rockets for each additional missed game. The insurance company can identify 12 exclusions to the policy among particularly high-risk NBA players, but can only do so at the time a new contract is signed. McGrady signed his three-year, $63 million extension in November 2004.

Gibby23
11-20-2009, 12:54 PM

Assuming that McGrady is covered under the NBA’s Temporary Total Disability (TTD) insurance policy, Houston can start to collect up to 80 percent of his prorated per-game salary after he’s missed 41 consecutive games. McGrady sat out his 42nd straight game Wednesday in Minnesota, and the league insurance plan would reimburse the Rockets for any additional missed games.

For the rest of the season, the insurance policy could cover 80 percent of his per-game salary of $282,946. Even if McGrady returns to the lineup for one or more games this season, the insurance would still pay the Rockets for each additional missed game. The insurance company can identify 12 exclusions to the policy among particularly high-risk NBA players, but can only do so at the time a new contract is signed. McGrady signed his three-year, $63 million extension in November 2004.
If you are going to copy and paste, atleast put the yahoo link after it.

Rockets4Life
11-20-2009, 12:56 PM

I dont think amare would fit with our core of players plus what would be do wtih Scola then. I would rather have scola then amare. Scola alot less money and works alot harder then amare. Joe Johnson on the other hand would be a perfect fit along side Brooks.

Lo Porto
11-20-2009, 01:01 PM
AK is a great fit for what Adelman wants to do. The core of the team is there for the future of Rockets basketball, but they need an uptempo PF to make the full transition to the running game. A smart trade would be:

TMac and Battier for AK47, Harpring, Korver and Fesenko

With Ariza already excelling there, the Rockets don't really need Battier anymore. They could get a lot more out of AK who can play that PF position with Scola at C in the up tempo. Fesenko is a center with a lot of potential and addresses a huge need area for the Rockets. He's also athletic enough to run. Harpring and Korver expire making the addition of AK's contract not so bad. Getting rid of the TMac distraction and Battier for 3 useful pieces (AK, Korver and Fes) would be a smart trade for Houston.

JordansBulls
11-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Bulls need to jump on this ASAP. Trade Salmons, Tyrus and Miller to the Rockets for T-mac and Scola

Lineup
PG Rose
SG T-mac
SF Deng
PF Scola
C Noah

fredv
11-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Bulls need to jump on this ASAP. Trade Salmons, Tyrus and Miller to the Rockets for T-mac and Scola

Lineup
PG Rose
SG T-mac
SF Deng
PF Scola
C Noah

Worst offer ever! ^^

AWC713
11-20-2009, 01:04 PM

DenButsu
11-20-2009, 01:13 PM
He should negotiate a buyout and go to Denver. :nod:

Rockets4Life
11-20-2009, 01:22 PM
If you are going to copy and paste, atleast put the yahoo link after it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ag9k8avS5BYdtsb9LZdcvz85nYcB?slug=aw-mcgradyinjury112009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

BkOriginalOne
11-20-2009, 01:27 PM
It makes sense for them to move him, prefeably eariler to both teams can incoropate the new guys into the system. The Rockets are happy with their direction, and they know that the Tmac Yao comobo won't work. Why not move on, considering your just going to move him in feb, anyway?

Tmac is not a bad pickup, players like him don't just drop off the planet, and lose all skill. I think he needs an opp (like most aging stars [AI]) to ressurect their careers in new scenes.
He needs to play on a team with a pure PG, who can run most of the offesne, and Tmac can focus on Half Court permiter scoring.

I would like to see Tmac go to:
The Hornets (Who need someone so bad) (For Peja and Pieces, Adelman has alread coached Peja in SAC, so the transition would be smoother)

The Jazz (Tmac, Dwill, Boozer) for Ak47 and pieces. AK47 would be a a nice addition to the hard nosed rotation of defenders in HOU.

The Warriors. Because of Don Nellie. Package around Biedress.

The Mavericks. If Tmac played health, a combo of Tmac, Marion, Kidd, Dirk and Terry or Howard, seems pretty scary.

The Bucks. Michael Redd and piece for Tmac. Works for both teams, really.

The Bulls. Tmac and DRose. Sounds good.

The Knicks. Iverson, TMAC, D'Antoni, everyone would watch. It actually helps the Knicks plans saving them money when Tmac contract comes off the books.

jetsfan28
11-20-2009, 01:44 PM
The Knicks for Curry and some combination of Duhon, Harrington, Robinson, and Hughes (playing great, just like he did in his last contract year, so expect him to keep it up) still makes the most sense to me.

ProdigyI
11-20-2009, 01:47 PM
The Knicks for Curry and some combination of Duhon, Harrington, Robinson, and Hughes (playing great, just like he did in his last contract year, so expect him to keep it up) still makes the most sense to me.

Hughes and great should never be used in the same sentence.

jimbobjarree
11-20-2009, 01:48 PM
haha

Stunner
11-20-2009, 01:59 PM
John Salmons and Tryus a 2nd round pick for T-Mac and Dorsey

caddiemaster
11-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Thats a well informed fan!

davg31
11-20-2009, 02:07 PM
He will come back early and get injured. The team is doing what is best for him. Give him more time than is needed and make sure he is healthy.

Chronz
11-20-2009, 02:07 PM
A buyout would pay him less and open up a roster spot, they can either pay him his full $23 Million for him to be a distraction on the team or they can buy him out at maybe $18 Million, rid themselves of his distraction, and open up a roster spot.

T-Mac doesn't help Houston by being on the team, even if he played he wouldn't make them a better team. Houston doesn't need to keep T-Mac around.
If Tmac played he would certainly make them a better team.

AK is a great fit for what Adelman wants to do. The core of the team is there for the future of Rockets basketball, but they need an uptempo PF to make the full transition to the running game. A smart trade would be:

With Ariza already excelling there, the Rockets don't really need Battier anymore. They could get a lot more out of AK who can play that PF position with Scola at C in the up tempo. Fesenko is a center with a lot of potential and addresses a huge need area for the Rockets. He's also athletic enough to run. Harpring and Korver expire making the addition of AK's contract not so bad. Getting rid of the TMac distraction and Battier for 3 useful pieces (AK, Korver and Fes) would be a smart trade for Houston.
You wont get Battier, its just not going to happen. Tmac maybe, but I think if they were giving up Battier it would be to free up alot of cap space for 2010 not to make room for AK. Besides how does AK fit in the team? He at his best as a 4-man but the Rockets already have superior production from Scola/Landry at that spot. He would end up getting most of his rotational minutes at the 3, and pretty much eliminates the incredible floor spacing and high IQ that Battier provides. Ariza and AK dont mesh as well. So no they still need Battier.

Stunner
11-20-2009, 02:09 PM

Wizard of O's
11-20-2009, 02:13 PM

or they can pay him to sit at home. lower his market value. and throw him under the bus the same way he did them.

MTone8788
11-20-2009, 02:35 PM

Do you understand that that is impossible? Chicago would be taking on 23.7 million and Houston would take back 11.1 mil haha

Stunner
11-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Do you understand that that is impossible? Chicago would be taking on 23.7 million and Houston would take back 11.1 mil haha

Salmons, Miller, Jerome James,2n pick for T-Mac and Dorsey

Fresno
11-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Salmons, Miller, Jerome James,2n pick for T-Mac and Dorsey

Why do you want to give up Salmons?

Stunner
11-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Cuz were getting T-Mac plus i read a while back in the summer somewhere that Salmons said he is going to opt out anyway.

thephoenixson28
11-20-2009, 03:00 PM
T-mac for jason richardson,Alando tucker,and Lopez

Rockets lineup:
Pg.Brooks
Sg.J-rich
Sf. Ariza
Pf. Scola
C. Yao(when he returns)

Suns lineup:
Pg. Nash
Sg.Mcgrady
Sf. Hill
Pf. Amare
C. Frye

Why houston does it: They get a Good sg in jason richardson, a backup for yao ming in lopez that plays defense, and a expiring tucker.

Why phoenix does it: Get a good sg that can be great when healthy,the suns athletic trainer fixed up hill,nash,shaq why not mcgrady, also maybe mcgrady signs for less money. We can get a good center if frye decides to leave. Or even resign everyone like frye,amundson,amare to bigger contracts.

AI4MVP
11-20-2009, 03:02 PM
when tmac was on the magic i thought he was the best playerin the league. its sad what its become. how fast a super star become like this. i hope he comes back strong, whether with the rockets or else where

pippsux
11-20-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't know why he can't wait till Nov 23rd, which is a couple of days away, work his butt off in practice, have the MRI and be cleared to go. Is he doing this to avoid the MRI? Or is he doing this to force a trade? If he is going to be a distraction to a 7-5 team, then time to trade him to a very bad team like Memphis, Nets for a whole bunch of #1 picks and maybe sneak in Rudy Gay. Getting Rudy Gay back and keeping Battier would be one of the best days for me as a rocket fan.

Young and Stupid
11-20-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't know why he can't wait till Nov 23rd, which is a couple of days away, work his butt off in practice, have the MRI and be cleared to go. Is he doing this to avoid the MRI? Or is he doing this to force a trade? If he is going to be a distraction to a 7-5 team, then time to trade him to a very bad team like Memphis, Nets for a whole bunch of #1 picks and maybe sneak in Rudy Gay. Getting Rudy Gay back and keeping Battier would be one of the best days for me as a rocket fan.

xHTOWN713x
11-20-2009, 05:25 PM

:facepalm: to correct your sig... Kanye says "I had raped the game young, you can call it statutory"

abe_froman
11-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Why do you want to give up Salmons?

cuz he isnt playing well offensively.we need scoring and tmac when healthy can do that,plus he's an expiring so it wouldnt interfere with 2010

Verbal Christ
11-20-2009, 05:57 PM

good lord man why dont you just ask for the rocket power dancers while you're at it, tmac AND battier?? if you did get the dancers it would automatically increase the hot girl quotient in SLC by like a million % but i doubt the rockets do any buisness with the jazz considering all the heartache we've experienced at your hands. tmac will be traded, not for any big contracts, probably a bunch of fluff/expirings or young players, morey is batting like .900 in all his deals thus far so im confident using his talent evaluation process he can find some diamonds in the dumpster.

GodsSon
11-20-2009, 06:28 PM
T-Mac is a whiny ***** who has spoiled on every team he's been on thus far...its simple, just fade into obscurity if you cant perform and keep your mouth shut

Giants-49ers-Ws
11-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Corey Maggette, Brandan Wright and/or CJ Watson for T-Mac

akagiredsuns
11-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Houston does what they keep doing collect the insurance money. And they decide when T-Mac returns, not T-Mac himself. And to all the idiots on here doing those annoying facepalms, if you don't like the ideas of some of the PSD users, then instead of being a dumbass facepalming why don't you come up with a better trade or explain why the trade they posted doesn't make sense. i swear the facepalms lose their appeal after seeing it so many times. Haters I swear.

The_Mac22
11-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Trade him to the Warriors.

0nekhmer
11-20-2009, 07:15 PM
trade him for a bunch of young rising stars!! rockets are better off without him.
i can see him going to detroit or miami

Gambeezy
11-20-2009, 07:40 PM

They wouldn't be paying him $23 million. Here's the actual article source (Which should have been posted).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-mcgradyinjury112009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"Sources say McGrady has started to wonder whether the Rockets want him back with this team, or whether they’ve been motivated to let him sit and collect on insurance money. Assuming that McGrady is covered under the NBA’s Temporary Total Disability (TTD) insurance policy, Houston can start to collect up to 80 percent of his prorated per-game salary after he’s missed 41 consecutive games. McGrady sat out his 42nd straight game Wednesday in Minnesota, and the league insurance plan would reimburse the Rockets for any additional missed games.

For the rest of the season, the insurance policy could cover 80 percent of his per-game salary of $282,946. Even if McGrady returns to the lineup for one or more games this season, the insurance would still pay the Rockets for each additional missed game."

Gambeezy
11-20-2009, 07:47 PM
trade him for a bunch of young rising stars!! rockets are better off without him.
i can see him going to detroit or miami

Can you? lol :facepalm:

JordansBulls
11-20-2009, 08:11 PM
How about Manu and Richard Jefferson for T-mac and Battier?

Verbal Christ
11-20-2009, 08:25 PM
^ how about no.

JordansBulls
11-22-2009, 03:43 AM
Trade him to the Warriors.

For whom?

Biedrins and Monta

drobe86
11-22-2009, 12:36 PM
I don't know what they should do. No one is trading for that bum, so maybe they should just collect the insurance money, and let him rot away in his gray suit. Dude can't play anymore and he's always hurt. Hell I would just make him stay home. It's a shame dude had so much talent, and he's just a walking injury now. Even if he was healthy I'm not so sure he would be any good because he hasn't played in Years.....

$ NyC $
11-22-2009, 01:08 PM
I saw some clips and it seems like TMac been really working hard during his rehabilitation. Imagine you been injured, so you work like a dog to get back into great shape and your team doesn't let you play? Trade him, try 2 at least get one solid asset for him and let him try 2 continue his career. He's expiring next year so there are plenty of teams that would take a shot at him.

Lo Porto
11-22-2009, 01:11 PM
TMac and Brian Cook for Eddy Curry, Wilson Chandler and Mobley. Houston saves over $5 million for this year, pick up a much needed center, get the very talented Wilson Chandler and will save even more money on Mobley's contract which is partly covered by insurance. NY gets to save on Curry's contract which will give them more money for their 2010-11 plans.

aNYer
11-22-2009, 08:48 PM
They wouldn't be paying him $23 million. Here's the actual article source (Which should have been posted).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-mcgradyinjury112009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"Sources say McGrady has started to wonder whether the Rockets want him back with this team, or whether they’ve been motivated to let him sit and collect on insurance money. Assuming that McGrady is covered under the NBA’s Temporary Total Disability (TTD) insurance policy, Houston can start to collect up to 80 percent of his prorated per-game salary after he’s missed 41 consecutive games. McGrady sat out his 42nd straight game Wednesday in Minnesota, and the league insurance plan would reimburse the Rockets for any additional missed games.

For the rest of the season, the insurance policy could cover 80 percent of his per-game salary of $282,946. Even if McGrady returns to the lineup for one or more games this season, the insurance would still pay the Rockets for each additional missed game."

No, other wise teams would do this all the time. If he is healthy enough to play and is willing to (which he is) he can file a grievance. Every team would do this just to save money, thats why their are checks and balances against it.

NBA-GMaster
11-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Trade HIM?? :facepalm:

JordansBulls
11-22-2009, 09:53 PM
^ how about no.

What will he do for your team?

Wilson
11-22-2009, 10:11 PM
I think they should see where the team is in late January/early Febuary. If they're still competing and making a push for the play-offs, they should look to trade T-Mac and see what they can get to help with the push - maybe a big guy to put them over the top.

If they have dropped off and don't look like a play-off team, then I think they'd be better off just letting his contract expire, and making use of the draft and cap space this summer. I would still like to see them with Joe Johnson, I think him, Aaron Brooks and Trevor Ariza could be very dangerous.

twoearl
11-22-2009, 11:14 PM
What the team should do once Tmac comes back? Nothing. He's gonna get injured again 1 month later.

Give a shot at trading talks but his value is so low now due to his paper-like status no one is really going to put anything noteworthy on the table for the Rockets.

Wait, maybe the Knicks.

this is the answer to your question. End of discussion.

DenButsu
11-22-2009, 11:55 PM
I'd imagine right about now the Rockets front office is looking back to last season's Iverson-Billups trade and wondering, "Where's our Joe Dumars?"

Play a $22 million expiring of a perennial All-Star right, and it can pay big dividends, as Denver learned.

Kakaroach
11-22-2009, 11:58 PM
I think some Jazz fans already said this, but to Utah for AK-47 and Harpring.

DenButsu
11-23-2009, 12:05 AM
Yeah, that AK contract is even worse than K-Mart's contract, huh? We both have about our 4th best player at the top of the payroll.

DRE'-MAC
11-23-2009, 12:28 AM
The Houston Rockets are in no rush to get seven-time all-star Tracy McGrady back on the court, which is telling for a blue-collar team that is grinding it out right now for coach Rick Adelman.

There's actually nothing more to tell. The Rockets believe they're better off without him. Adelman has the Rockets competing at an admirable level every night even without Yao Ming (out for the season with an ankle injury). More importantly, Adelman finally has the locker room under control with Ron Artest off to the Lakers and McGrady, who subscribes to the Allen Iverson theory on practice, mostly persona non grata among the players while he recovers from a knee injury. And the Rockets want to keep it that way.

Enter the Knicks. They weren't prepared to deal with the baggage that Iverson brings with him, but as Donnie Walsh continues to search for ways to upgrade this season's team - which might barely eclipse 20 wins as currently constituted - catering to McGrady's diva-esque personality might be a lesser evil.

Multiple sources say the Knicks - who are owned by Cablevision, which also owns Newsday - have tried since the summer to engage the Rockets in trade talks for McGrady but have been unsuccessful. However, an opportunity could present itself after the latest episode - a reported spat with Adelman about McGrady's return schedule - that reportedly even has infuriated Rockets owner Leslie Alexander, who used to be one of McGrady's staunchest supporters.

What would it take? The Rockets would love to get a high-end young player for McGrady and also save some money, which suggests they also would look for an expiring contract or two. It will take more than one to make up McGrady's league-high $23.2-million salary this season.

The Knicks could offer Eddy Curry, who could make up for the loss of Yao and has only one more year left on his contract after this season; add an expiring contract such as Chris Duhon, Al Harrington or Larry Hughes, and toss in someone such as Wilson Chandler as a sweetener.

The Knicks might have to consider using the contract of retired guard Cuttino Mobley, however, if they really want to pique the interest of Alexander and general manager Daryl Morey.

Mobley is on the books for $9.5 million this season, but 80 percent is being paid by insurance because of his medical retirement. The NBA in the coming weeks will review and officially declare Mobley retired for medical reasons after the one-year anniversary of the discovery of the increased severity of his heart condition.

The Knicks planned to waive Mobley, which would wipe his salary off the cap. For the Rockets, who are a few million over the luxury-tax threshold, this could be a valuable savings. Alexander has never hesitated to spend for a playoff team, but it might be asking this group - as gritty as it is - to be among the top eight in April.

In Mike D'Antoni's system, the 6-8 McGrady could play as a big point guard. Like Iverson, he would come with a separate set of rules, but unlike Iverson, McGrady rarely is a problem off the court. Most of all, he would be a free agent next summer, and at 30 years old, he's on a mission to get another long-term deal.

The main concern, of course, is that he's healthy enough to be effective.

http://www.newsday.com/columnists/a...nicks-1.1615327

Tracy McGrady stunned the Rockets' traveling party when he suited up and participated in warmups Wednesday at Target Center, an unsuccessful move to convince management that he is fully recovered from microfracture knee surgery.

His time with the team is ticking. McGrady, 30, will be a free agent this summer if the Rockets can't trade his humongous $23 million salary slot before then. Interesting, but Wolves boss David Kahn watched McGrady's every warmup move with interest.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/w...L7PQLanchO7DiUr

I could see some different options with the Knicks but not many with the Wolves.

GSRaider
11-23-2009, 12:31 AM
Trade him to the warriors... Monta and Maggette for TMAC...

superkegger
11-23-2009, 12:32 AM
I'd actually love to see him in New York. Of course this is with the idea that he's actually healthy, and that he's going to work his butt off to get a contract next year. I think it would be pretty fun to watch him in that offense if he's healthy and applying himself.

JordansBulls
11-23-2009, 12:34 AM
Honestly for the Knicks they should just get Iverson and T-mac this year. That would be pretty interesting to see especially considering they already have David Lee. With both AI and T-mac they are contenders.

boeknows
11-23-2009, 02:26 AM
I doubt the Wolves are interested in him at all. We would have to trade way too much to get him.

Raph12
11-23-2009, 03:03 AM
The Rockets should ask the vet to put the injury-prone mutt out of his misery.

DRE'-MAC
11-23-2009, 03:28 AM
If the Hornets were actually thinking about doing Okafor for Kenny Thomas, maybe the Rockets-Wolves-Hornets could do a three way trade.

Rockets Trade: Tracy McGrady, Brian Cook and Jermaine Taylor
Rockets Receive: Emeka Okafor, Brian Cardinal and Damien Wilkins

Wolves Trade: Brian Cardinal, Damien Wilkins and Mark Blount
Wolves Receive: Tracy McGrady

Hornets Trade: Emeka Okafor
Hornets Receive: Mark Blount, Brian Cook and Jermaine Taylor

Rockets do it because they get rid of Tracy McGrady and Brian Cook and bring in a good center, a solid shooting guard (with an expiring contract) and another expiring contract.

Wolves do it because they bring in a "superstar" shooting guard in Tracy McGrady who could help the Wolves be a surprise team in the west if he becomes healthy and if not, then its just a swap of expiring contracts.

Hornets do it because they are trying to get some expiring contracts and Okafor has a long term contract. Blount could actually get some playing time with a lack of centers in New Orleans. Brian Cook use to be a good shooter in the NBA, who knows? And Jermaine Taylor was a great scoring shooting guard in college so maybe he could develop into a good player in New Orleans.

aNYer
11-23-2009, 03:33 AM
I agree that its hard for a lot of teams to match $23 M. Thats where the Knicks can benefit.
Because he is fit to play they can not collect the insurance on his contract, we however have Mobley who is close to coming off the books for us. That would get them under the luxury tax. To fans that might not matter but with their top 2 players in terms of salary out the Rockets might like that idea.
As for a plus for the Knicks we would have to insist they take Jarred Jeffries. T-mac is an injury prone player that the team is no longer happy with. And because we are going to give them cap relief and a player its not too crazy an idea. I could see them not wanting to do that but thats a deal breaker to me.
Then to make the deal worth it on the court we have a couple of options.
Lee- Can fit in with what they are doing, is a great passer for a big, scores in several ways, big rebounder, blue collar, I think they would love him.
Darko- only cause he is big. I doubt they want that but just throwing it out there.
Nate- Energy scoring and jersey sales. I doubt it but he is an exciting player.
There are other ways to work the deals, but the point is we have options. I would love to trade for T-mac as long as they take JJ.

JordansBulls
11-23-2009, 11:36 AM
If the Hornets were actually thinking about doing Okafor for Kenny Thomas, maybe the Rockets-Wolves-Hornets could do a three way trade.

Rockets Trade: Tracy McGrady, Brian Cook and Jermaine Taylor
Rockets Receive: Emeka Okafor, Brian Cardinal and Damien Wilkins

Wolves Trade: Brian Cardinal, Damien Wilkins and Mark Blount
Wolves Receive: Tracy McGrady

Hornets Trade: Emeka Okafor
Hornets Receive: Mark Blount, Brian Cook and Jermaine Taylor

Rockets do it because they get rid of Tracy McGrady and Brian Cook and bring in a good center, a solid shooting guard (with an expiring contract) and another expiring contract.

Wolves do it because they bring in a "superstar" shooting guard in Tracy McGrady who could help the Wolves be a surprise team in the west if he becomes healthy and if not, then its just a swap of expiring contracts.

Hornets do it because they are trying to get some expiring contracts and Okafor has a long term contract. Blount could actually get some playing time with a lack of centers in New Orleans. Brian Cook use to be a good shooter in the NBA, who knows? And Jermaine Taylor was a great scoring shooting guard in college so maybe he could develop into a good player in New Orleans.

Rockets just need a big man for this year only so someone like Brad Miller would do. No way do they need Okafor with his contract.

Verbal Christ
11-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Send him to the warriors with brooks for monta,biedrins and randolph. Keeps both teams competitive and gets rid of malcontents on both sides.

JordansBulls
11-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Send him to the warriors with brooks for monta,biedrins and randolph. Keeps both teams competitive and gets rid of malcontents on both sides.

Warriors won't give up that much for him.

brandt
11-23-2009, 01:42 PM
If he can stay healthy when he come's back, then the Rockets' should definitely trade him right before the deadline. I garantee you, SOMEONE will be willing to give up something for him if they are in the playoff hunt. Draft picks and/or players, whatever.

jim51990
11-23-2009, 02:06 PM
trade him to new york for hughes and jeffries this helps both teams hughes and jeffries could help the rockets while the ny gets jeffries next year contract of the books and if tmac has anything left could be a chip in bring in players

dhype14
11-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Trade t mac to the lakers. lmao hahahaha

MTar786
11-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Let him come back.. give him a lot of playtime so he gets good numbers.. just before the trade deadline he'll have increaseed value. then trade depending on how he played..
i think they should trade him for either jrich and a young talent. or trade him and brooks for camby and baron. maybe even to chicago for hinrich and salmons. maybe even golden state for ellis and another young stud

MTar786
11-23-2009, 03:15 PM
or LA can go straight up.. sasha for tmac.. but iduno if the lakers would take it.. the rockets might need to throw in a pick too lol

Cromedome
11-23-2009, 03:30 PM
The Rockets should put him out to pasture. :faint:

Tmac to da rack
11-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Keep him and if Rockets improve keep him for a serious playoff Push, and if we fail in the playoffs, sign 2 great cheap guys like ariza and save money with tmacs expiring. Houston Owe's Tmac, and he needs a chance to proove he is back.

prash
11-23-2009, 04:26 PM
If he can stay healthy when he come's back, then the Rockets' should definitely trade him right before the deadline. I garantee you, SOMEONE will be willing to give up something for him if they are in the playoff hunt. Draft picks and/or players, whatever.

What if he's playing well and the Rockets are that team trying to secure a playoff spot?!?! Then what?! Trade him and hope the Rockets make playoffs without him?

Keep him and if Rockets improve keep him for a serious playoff Push, and if we fail in the playoffs, sign 2 great cheap guys like ariza and save money with tmacs expiring. Houston Owe's Tmac, and he needs a chance to proove he is back.

I agree!

fredv
11-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Rockets just need a big man for this year only so someone like Brad Miller would do. No way do they need Okafor with his contract.

No one needs Brad Miller.. The dude sucks and obviously isn't a Morey kind of player (cheap, young, hustles). If you really want Tmac in Chicago that badly (since its your team), stop making up crap offers. Rox would want Rose or Noah if it had to go down... No one cares about Larry Hughes or Miller...

fredv
11-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Houston Owe's Tmac, and he needs a chance to proove he is back.

Houston owe's Tmac? Child please.
That must be the most stupid thing i've ever read on PSD, along with Jordanbulls crappy basketball knowledge.
If there is anyone who owe's anything its definitely Tracy for throwing his teammates and organization under the bus last year by saying that he never had any talented role players around him or star player like Shaq (uhm hello Yao Ming? Ron Artest?)!
Right now the best situation for Tracy is to shut his mouth and continue working his ***** off to try and comeback and contribute a little to this team without beeing a total cancer which he already is. The dude isn't even playing and he's trying to get all the attention.
And his COACH will tell him that he has the level to play in an NBA game, then he will play.
Tracy has absolutely nothing to say, he has been a disgrace to this organization for the last year.

Best scenario would be a package of Tmac+Someone+Pick for Randolph+Ellis/Biedrins+Pick. And this could be possible because we know GS wants to trade Monta and that their coach hate's Randolph.

kArSoN RyDaH
11-23-2009, 05:02 PM
i read in a lakers forum that they wouldnt doubt if the lakers traded a couple role players for tmac. highly doubtful though

pedro_dude0980
11-23-2009, 05:07 PM
I think what WOULD HAVE been a great trade for McGrady is if Allen Iverson was still with the Grizzlies; trade AI and Hasheem Thabeet for McGrady and David Andersen. Imagine this line up:

PG: Aaron Brooks
SG: Allen Iverson
SF: Trevor Ariza/Shane Battier
PF: Luis Scola
C: Yao Ming

Hasheem will get to work with his mentor in Olajuwon and Iverson should get a starting position. He needs the support roles that these players have, the defense of Ariza and Battier+his 3 ball; the speed and distribution of Aaron Brooks and Yao Mings presence. He will also get the minutes he needs. I dont really know how good of a trade this would work out for McGrady. He would fight for minutes with Gay, but he could also be insurance since they didnt extend Gay's contract. David Andersen is an okay backup center, maybe a step up fro Thabeet because he has more experience and could possibly become a starter; a poor man's Chris Andersen if that says much.

But then again this is a should've could've situation since Iverson is no longer a Grizzlie. I THINK THE ROCKETS SHOULD SIGN HIM AS A FREE AGENT THOUGH. They need his scoring presence and have enough support around him to make up for his lack of defense. The only draw back would be the matchup with Kobe every time they face the Lakers. In the West, they have some of the best and outmatched (size wise) SG for Iverson.

thephoenixson28
11-23-2009, 05:12 PM
or LA can go straight up.. sasha for tmac.. but iduno if the lakers would take it.. the rockets might need to throw in a pick too lol I wouldn't doubt it, david stern would probably approve it too.

JordansBulls
11-23-2009, 05:22 PM
No one needs Brad Miller.. The dude sucks and obviously isn't a Morey kind of player (cheap, young, hustles). If you really want Tmac in Chicago that badly (since its your team), stop making up crap offers. Rox would want Rose or Noah if it had to go down... No one cares about Larry Hughes or Miller...

How does he suck? Dude made 5 points in a row in game 6 against the Celtics last year in the final minute to send the game to OT.

fredv
11-23-2009, 05:34 PM
How does he suck? Dude made 5 points in a row in game 6 against the Celtics last year in the final minute to send the game to OT.

:facepalm: that definitely defines why he sucks and why you have no basketball knowledge... The dude shoots 23% behind the arc...

bigsams50
11-23-2009, 05:37 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2009/11/knicks-after-t-mac/

RocketsRule
11-23-2009, 06:00 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2009/11/knicks-after-t-mac/

They tried this last year, the Knicks have nothing the Rockets want. I'd rather just have McGrady's contract expire.

brandt
11-23-2009, 06:34 PM
What if he's playing well and the Rockets are that team trying to secure a playoff spot?!?! Then what?! Trade him and hope the Rockets make playoffs without him?

YES!!! He has let the Rockets' down too many times by either getting hurt, lack of effort, or just not showing up in the playoffs for whatever reason(hence, making it out of the first round last year for the first time ever). And the Rockets took the Lakers to 7 games without him last year, and it was the same team as this year minus Artest, plus Ariza. If another team is willing to take a chance on him and give us someone good that could maybe help us assuming we make the playoffs this year, but definitely help us in the near future if not, then absolutley!

wileyisTOFU
11-23-2009, 06:35 PM
we could frame him for murder/sex crimes

RaptorsFanatic
11-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Dallas Morning News

Tracy McGrady has returned to practice with the Houston Rockets for the first time since microfracture surgery in February, but the seven-time All-Star still doesn't know when he'll play.

McGrady says he can play now, but Rockets coach Rick Adelman has said he's not ready.

Adelman missed practice Monday to attend to a personal matter and was not available for comment. Assistant coach Elston Turner says "it's a process" to get McGrady back.

McGrady was set to undergo an MRI late Monday which he says is "irrelevant," but that the team wants to review before any decision on his return is made.

T-Mac.com

Hey everyone

I want to keep everyone posted on what’s happening, so here it goes. It’s looking as if I may be back on the court this week. I know there were reports going around that there were issues with me and the coach but there isn’t. Together, we are looking at the best scenario on when my return should be, and we are hopeful it will be this week. The team is playing great together and getting me back out there is a decision my coach, doctors and general manager will help make.

I saw this morning there were reports that I was out of practice yesterday because of a sore back. The truth is that we didn’t even have practice yesterday. Now, I know how rumors get started so I need to put this one to rest. I slipped the other day in Atlanta at the game and landed on my tail bone. If any of you have ever done that, then you know it’s no big deal, but just is sore. We all know how “T-Mac out because of back” can get interpreted the wrong way, so I thought I would explain before that train spun out of control.

All is good here and again, I appreciate your support, love and continued encouragement. Hopefully, you will see me back on the court playing this week.

Mac

joe j.09
11-23-2009, 07:17 PM
curry and jeffries for t mac

JOSKOMANG4
11-23-2009, 07:25 PM
The Rockets want value from the T-mac trade while the Bulls are looking to unload some money so they can be spenders for the 2010 free agency!

What about...

Bulls acquire SF/SG Tracy Mcgrady & PF Joey Dorsey

C: Brad Miller/Aaron Gray/
PF: Joakim Noah/Joey Dorsey/James Johnson*
SF: Luol Deng/ Taj Gibson*
SG: Tracy McGrady/John Salmons/J.Pargo
PG: Derrick Rose/Lyndsay Hunter

Rockets acquire PF Tyrus Thomas, SG/PG Kirk Hinrich, and C Jerome James.

C: Luis Scola/David Anderson*/Pops Mensah-Bonsu/Jerome James
PF: Tyrus Thomas/Chuck Hayes/Carl Landry/Brian Cook
SF: Trevor Ariza/ Shane Battier/Chase Budinger*
SG: Kirk Hinrich/Brent Barry/Jermaine Taylor*
PG: Aaron Brooks/Kyle Lowry / Sergio Llull*

JOSKOMANG4
11-23-2009, 07:27 PM
If the Bulls can get this sort of deal offf...

They would have enough to not only get Wade.. but to get Bosh as well.

C: Joakim Noah/Aaron Gray/
PF: Chris Bosh/James Johnson*/Joey Dorsey
SG: Dwayne Wade/John Salmons/J.Pargo

Ridiculous

astrosmaniac
11-23-2009, 08:13 PM
then you keep him, try to make the push, and just let his contract expire. not that hard to follow...

Stunner
11-23-2009, 08:23 PM
I think the Bulls is really the best place for him to go and im not being an homer saying this.

Jahari Kavi
11-23-2009, 08:56 PM
unless we are getting a nice draft pick and some soon expiring contracts for him, I wouldn't trade him.....his contract coming off the books at the end of the year is huge for us....we can get back into the mix of being a contender real quick with the right signing..

JordansBulls
11-23-2009, 09:08 PM
The Rockets want value from the T-mac trade while the Bulls are looking to unload some money so they can be spenders for the 2010 free agency!

What about...

Bulls acquire SF/SG Tracy Mcgrady & PF Joey Dorsey

C: Brad Miller/Aaron Gray/
PF: Joakim Noah/Joey Dorsey/James Johnson*
SG: Tracy McGrady/John Salmons/J.Pargo

Rockets acquire PF Tyrus Thomas, SG/PG Kirk Hinrich, and C Jerome James.

C: Luis Scola/David Anderson*/Pops Mensah-Bonsu/Jerome James
PF: Tyrus Thomas/Chuck Hayes/Carl Landry/Brian Cook
SF: Trevor Ariza/ Shane Battier/Chase Budinger*
SG: Kirk Hinrich/Brent Barry/Jermaine Taylor*
PG: Aaron Brooks/Kyle Lowry / Sergio Llull*

Scola can't play Center.

Young2Kinsler
11-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Why would anyone give up anything of value for Tmac? He's worthless.

DRE'-MAC
11-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Source tells ClutchFans that Adelman has no interest in playing T-Mac. Zero. Says: "This isn't going to end well"

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=177672

brandt
11-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Source tells ClutchFans that Adelman has no interest in playing T-Mac. Zero. Says: "This isn't going to end well"

That's crap! Adelman isn't an idiot!

Verbal Christ
11-23-2009, 10:12 PM
CFans is mecca for all rocket die hards, a site which is frequently visited by rocket players and the GM. its not an absolute truth, but i would say its pretty solid.

RocketsRule
11-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Eh, I'm not sold just yet. It's just another forum, it's like if PSD went and said that exact thing.

fredv
11-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Eh, I'm not sold just yet. It's just another forum, it's like if PSD went and said that exact thing.

Not really... Clutch is the owner of the website and is a very reliable source. I won't start writing his resume but he is someone that won't leak stuff unless there is truth to it.

JordansBulls
11-24-2009, 02:01 PM

Adelman doesn't want to break the chemistry. Bulls better move on this fast.

Chronz
11-24-2009, 02:51 PM
"I'm ready to play basketball," he said. "Everybody is making a big deal because I say I'm ready and GM and my coach say I'm not ready. Everybody wants to make a big deal that I'm this diva ... It's crazy."

sep11ie
11-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Dude, is that all you say?

I dont think teams are lining up at the door for T-Mac right now anyways...

bleedprple&gold
11-24-2009, 06:19 PM

I'm surprised they can still collect insurance money on him, when T-Mac has publicly stated that he can play. If I was the insurance company, I would be like **** no, I ain't paying you, get his *** back out on the court...

IamAllthatIsMan
11-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Adelman doesn't want to break the chemistry. Bulls better move on this fast.

:pity: that bulls talk is getting old. :bang:

JordansBulls
11-24-2009, 09:18 PM
"I'm ready to play basketball," he said. "Everybody is making a big deal because I say I'm ready and GM and my coach say I'm not ready. Everybody wants to make a big deal that I'm this diva ... It's crazy."

Where is that taken from?

astrosmaniac
11-24-2009, 09:26 PM
his interview with the media...

JordansBulls
11-27-2009, 05:12 PM
his interview with the media...

gotcha

Shady66
11-27-2009, 05:14 PM
They should just keep him and let his contract expire, maybe play him as sixth man? Because right now their chemistry is excellent

sep11ie
11-27-2009, 05:46 PM
I'd start playing tonight after that Dallas game. The team seems to be losing focus, shots aren't falling anymore, and they cant maintain leads. Really, they need Mac or another "star" player in that line up.

ko8e24
11-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Rockets should just trade McGrady. He's an expiring contract, so many teams will want him. But I guarantee that once's he is a free agent in the summer of 2010, he will sign with the lakers to win a ring. He can backup Kobe, or Fish can move to the bench and you can have McGrady-Bryant-Artest (PG-SG-SF)

T-Mac is close friends with Kobe, he played with Artest last season, and Im sure he wouldnt mind playing under the greatest coach in the world in Phil Jackson, and end up winning an NBA Championship.

Toenail Clipper
11-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Rockets should just trade McGrady. He's an expiring contract, so many teams will want him. But I guarantee that once's he is a free agent in the summer of 2010, he will sign with the lakers to win a ring. He can backup Kobe, or Fish can move to the bench and you can have McGrady-Bryant-Artest (PG-SG-SF)

T-Mac is close friends with Kobe, he played with Artest last season, and Im sure he wouldnt mind playing under the greatest coach in the world in Phil Jackson, and end up winning an NBA Championship.

The thing is, they are super over the cap salary, adding him to the Lakers might cost them 20 more mil unless they trade players with bad contracts like Luke and Sasha (10 mil combined) plus another player with 5 so they'll only pay like 7 mil additional.

ko8e24
11-27-2009, 06:20 PM
The thing is, they are super over the cap salary, adding him to the Lakers might cost them 20 more mil unless they trade players with bad contracts like Luke and Sasha (10 mil combined) plus another player with 5 so they'll only pay like 7 mil additional.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Buss ready to pay up to keep Lakers in contention

Posted Nov 26 2009 10:53AM

• Lakers owner Jerry Buss is joking around about being on track to spend $112.7 million in player salary alone -- $91.3 million in actual payroll and $21.4 million in luxury tax -- and the 29 other teams don't laugh along as Buss says he is prepared to push higher still in the future. The obvious factor will be how far L.A. goes in the playoffs, but he is willing to sign Kobe Bryant to a three-year extension worth approximately $91 million no matter what, with an additional decision pending as Derek Fisher becomes a free agent in the summer. Plus, Buss has said he would like coach Phil Jackson, making $12 million in the final season of his deal, to return.

And keep in mind that farmar, morrison, mbenga and powell come off the books. farmar and morrison are restricted free agents, but if the lakeshow find better options, then they won't match offers for those guys and just let them walk. morrison has just not gotten into the groove, and farmar has been ineffective this season and all of last season. he is not our future pg when fish retires.

ko8e24
11-27-2009, 07:04 PM
This was about a yr ago, with Stephen A. Smith interviewing McGrady, asking about his "then" new Rockets teammate Ron Artest, as well as his buddy Kobe Bryant.

JordansBulls
12-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Anyone think that giving T-mac a 3 year deal of around $30 million next summer is too much?

Raph12
12-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Anyone think that giving T-mac a 3 year deal of around $30 million next summer is too much?

About 21 million dollars too much IMO.

JordansBulls
12-03-2009, 06:36 PM

Mcgrady wants a decent contract. Something that pays at least 10 million a year. The guy isn't going to go somewhere to be a backup.

DenButsu
12-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Mcgrady wants a decent contract. Something that pays at least 10 million a year. The guy isn't going to go somewhere to be a backup.

He may not have much of a choice, with his injury problems. And if he boxes himself in like that, he may end up facing the same range of choices that AI was looking at near the end of last offseason, where had he not blinded himself to the writing on the wall, he probably could have made MLE or near-MLE money on a handful of teams as their 6th man, but since he was hell bent on being THE man, he ended up with table scraps.

AddiX
12-03-2009, 08:22 PM
IF he comes back healthy and plays decent, he still wont get no 10 mill a year, unless its just for one year. And for him to get 10 for one year hes going to have come back and play pretty damn good.

MTar786
12-03-2009, 08:27 PM
i think cleveland should trade for him.. if he doesnt work out or if lebron leaves they can use his expiring along with shaqs n lebrons as a way to rebuild. if he plays good and lebron stays they can resign him for whatever he's worth and use shaq expiring as a way to add to their team. Maybe get a really good sarting pf for the team.

DenButsu
12-03-2009, 08:35 PM
i think cleveland should trade for him.. if he doesnt work out or if lebron leaves they can use his expiring along with shaqs n lebrons as a way to rebuild. if he plays good and lebron stays they can resign him for whatever he's worth and use shaq expiring as a way to add to their team. Maybe get a really good sarting pf for the team.

Seems to me that if the Cavs traded for T-Mac, Shaq would be the trade piece.

JordansBulls
12-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Seems to me that if the Cavs traded for T-Mac, Shaq would be the trade piece.

Exactly!!