PDA

View Full Version : top 10 players you'd build your team around

AI4MVP
11-17-2009, 04:51 PM
who are the top ten player youd build your team around??

keep in mind im not saying top 10 players overall..just players youd build your team around starting today.

so players that are 30ish like kobe, duncan, billups, ect. shouldnt be included

Mavrix
11-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Dwayne Wade
Chris Paul
Brandon Roy
Amare Stoudemire
Deron Williams
Kevin Durant
Chris Bosh
Tony Parker

In no particular order.

Young and Stupid
11-17-2009, 04:57 PM
1. LeBron
2. Wade
3. CP3
4. Howard
5. Carmelo
6. Durant
7. Granger
8. D. Williams
9. Bosh
10. Roy

J4KOP99
11-17-2009, 05:00 PM
LeBron

Dwight
Wade
Kobe(I would get at least 5 more good years out of him)
Carmelo
Paul
Bosh
Durant
Bynum(you just watch)
Roy

TheKing23
11-17-2009, 05:04 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Chris Paul
3. Dwight Howard
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Carmelo Anthony
6. Chris Bosh
7. Brandon Roy
8. Kevin Durant
9. Brandon Jennings
10. Derrick Rose

Honorable mentions go to Deron Williams, Blake Griffin, Danny Granger and Brook Lopez.

HoopsDrive
11-17-2009, 05:07 PM
LBJ
Wade
Howard
CP3
Melo
Bosh
Roy
Durant
Williams
Granger

Omitted rookies.

Vinny642
11-17-2009, 05:11 PM
!. Dwight
2. Chris Paul
3/4. Wade or Lebron
5. Durant
6. Melo
7. Bosh
8. Roy
9. Deron Williams
10. Amare

OMG sue me that Lebron and Wade arent first, but I think C's and PG's are more valuable positions.

TheKing23
11-17-2009, 05:15 PM
!. Dwight
2. Chris Paul
3/4. Wade or Lebron
5. Durant
6. Melo
7. Bosh
8. Roy
9. Deron Williams
10. Amare

OMG sue me that Lebron and Wade arent first, but I think C's and PG's are more valuable positions.

Not when there is a small forward by the name of LeBron James.

Vinny642
11-17-2009, 05:16 PM

Yeah when there is a SF named Lebron, Or a SG named Wade. Its my list, not yours.

clehmun
11-17-2009, 05:18 PM
!. Dwight
2. Chris Paul
3/4. Wade or Lebron
5. Durant
6. Melo
7. Bosh
8. Roy
9. Deron Williams
10. Amare

it's not even about the position. wade shouldn't be a top 3 because he's already 27-28 years old with an injury history. even though he's easily a top 3 player when healthy, he wouldn't be my top 3 to build around with if i'm starting with nothing.
and with the style he plays, i doubt he can sustain a high level of play into his 30s.

pebloemer
11-17-2009, 05:22 PM
1. LeBron
2. Wade
3. CP3
4. Howard
5. Carmelo
6. Durant
7. Granger
8. D. Williams
9. Bosh
10. Roy

I like the list and your order (although I'd have Roy a little higher).

I certainly think the position a player plays has a big impact as well. That being said, I can't deny the many ways that LeBron and Wade affect the game. I'd couldn't pass on LeBron if I had the opportunity. My second pick would be a very hard choice between Paul, Dwight and Wade. I understand your logic for Dwight on Paul first though. The difference between Dwight at Center and whomever you could get in the second round at Center is probably bigger tha the difference between LeBron and whomever you could get in the second round at SF for example. The C and PG positions just aren't deep enough in the NBA (although PG is getting deeper fast with the past couple drafts).

AI4MVP
LeBron

Dwight
Wade
Kobe(I would get at least 5 more good years out of him)
Carmelo
Paul
Bosh
Durant
Bynum(you just watch)
Roy

yeah i agree bynum is definetly a good candidate for this list.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
Cp3
Wade
B. Roy
Dwight
LeBron
Melo
Willie
KD
Granger
Amare

Vinny642
11-17-2009, 05:26 PM
it's not even about the position. wade shouldn't be a top 3 because he's already 27-28 years old with an injury history. even though he's easily a top 3 player when healthy, he wouldn't be my top 3 to build around with if i'm starting with nothing.
and with the style he plays, i doubt he can sustain a high level of play into his 30s.

You got a point there. You can possibly take him out then and then put in people like Parker or even maybe Al Jeff or Amare

ShockerArt
11-17-2009, 05:26 PM
!. Dwight
2. Chris Paul
3/4. Wade or Lebron
5. Durant
6. Melo
7. Bosh
8. Roy
9. Deron Williams
10. Amare

Winning titles in the NBA has little to do with which positions are occupied by your best players. It's about having the best players. That's why most people would rather start with LeBron or Wade. Right now, they are both better all around players than Howard and Paul. Each winning team has a different formula: Lakers won 3 times with Kobe/Shaq (SG/C), Spurs with Duncan/Parker (PF/PG), Celtics with KG/Pierce/Allen (PF, SF, SG), Bulls won 6 titles in the 90's with Jordan/Pippen (SG/SF).

AI4MVP
11-17-2009, 05:29 PM
LeBron James
Dwayne Wade
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Carmelo Anthony
Deron Williams
Brandon Roy
Brandon Jennings
Kevin Durant
Andrew Bynum

LionBryan
11-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Shan Foster
JJ Redick
Nick Fazekas
Andreas Glyniadakis
Ndudi Ebi
Mateen Cleaves
Kwame Brown
Jay Williams
The ghost of Len Bias
Quincy Douby

HoopsDrive
11-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Darko Milicic.

JayW_1023
11-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Wade
LeBron
CP3
Durant
Melo
Al Jefferson
DRose
Roy
Bosh
Blake Griffin

Vinny642
11-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Wade
LeBron
CP3
Durant
Melo
Al Jefferson
DRose
Roy
Bosh
Blake Griffin

No offense but bad list IMO.
too many old players,

ChiSox219
11-17-2009, 06:01 PM
1. Dwight
2. Lebron
3. CP3
4. Durant
5. Andruw Bynum
6. Wade
7. Deron
8. Iguodala
9. Bosh
10. Melo

JayW_1023
11-17-2009, 06:02 PM
too many old players,

Yeah, my bad...I didn't read the original post so I had to edit it :p

BoltLakerPadre
11-17-2009, 06:07 PM
who are the top ten player youd build your team around??

keep in mind im not saying top 10 players overall..just players youd build your team around starting today.

so players that are 30ish like kobe, duncan, billups, ect. shouldnt be included

Kobe being in his 30's didn't stop NBA GMs from listing him second when asked this same question, and considering basketball is their life and they are paid millions and millions of dollars to know basketball, I would say you shouldn't automatically keep anyone off the list.

Vinny642
11-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Kobe being in his 30's didn't stop NBA GMs from listing him second when asked this same question, and considering basketball is their life and they are paid millions and millions of dollars to know basketball, I would say you shouldn't automatically keep anyone off the list.

I wouldnt put Kobe up there -_-

JasonJohnHorn
11-17-2009, 06:18 PM
The only two guys I'd build a team around in this league are LeBron James and Dwight Howard. If Kobe and Duncan were younger then they would be ideal guys to build around as well. Wade is likely third on that list, but with Wade and Chris Paul I find that their games, while amazing, are the type of games that are hard to build around. I can't think of a lot of teams that were built around point guard or shooting guards. The Bulls are an obvious exception for the shooting guard rule, but more talented back court players played with other big stars. Magic had Kareem, West had Baylor and Chamberlain, Earl the Pearl had a huge front court, Cousy and Havelcheck had Russell, and Kobe had O'Neal and hten Gasol/Bynum/Odom.

But great centers, like Russell, Hakeem, Kareem, Robinson/Duncan, O'Neal, its easy to put the pieces around those guys because they provide so much; scoring, rebounding, interior defence. Everybody knows the two things that win titles are rebounds and defence, and the great centers give a team both, so a shooting guard that is only an all-star, but not a franchise player, can have more success with a guy like Shaq or Hakeem or Kareem.

Dwight Howard is the league best rebounder, and provides interior defence. Once you have those two things in place its easy to build a contender.

LBJ provides playmaking, defence, rebounds and scoring and I think he's good enough that he can do what Jordan did a build a contender without a dominant big man.

central2003
11-17-2009, 06:19 PM
lets add some different players long term wise... the list are all looking the same

Lebron
K . Durant
Bosh
J. Johnson
(Tyreke Evans)
(Brandon jennings)
Cp3
Roy
Deron Williams
Melo
D . Howard
Jason Thompson(Watch this guy will be a beast)
Derick Rose

Honorable mentions but still must prove i could build a franchise around them with out being injured andrew Bynum , Danny Granger , D . Wade , Boozer , Amare , Blake griffen

ManRam
11-17-2009, 06:20 PM
!. Dwight
2. Chris Paul
3/4. Wade or Lebron
5. Durant
6. Melo
7. Bosh
8. Roy
9. Deron Williams
10. Amare

As a Magic fan...I laugh at you. Howard can't carry a team. The other top 3-4 can. I love Howard, but he needs more help around him to win that LeBron, Wade, Paul and Melo do.

1. LeBron

2. Wade
3. Paul
4. Melo
5. Durant
6. Howard
7. Roy
8. Deron
9. Amare
10. Bosh

I get what you are saying with PGs and centers...but just look at what LeBron and Wade can do with average supporting casts. Swap Howard and LeBron, and the Cavs are going to suck. Centers have by far the least impact on offensive consistency.

ChiSox219
11-17-2009, 06:25 PM
As a Magic fan...I laugh at you. Howard can't carry a team. The other top 3-4 can. I love Howard, but he needs more help around him to win that LeBron, Wade, Paul and Melo do.

1. LeBron

2. Wade
3. Paul
4. Melo
5. Durant
6. Howard
7. Roy
8. Deron
9. Amare
10. Bosh

I get what you are saying with PGs and centers...but just look at what LeBron and Wade can do with average supporting casts. Swap Howard and LeBron, and the Cavs are going to suck. Centers have by far the least impact on offensive consistency.

I'm pretty sure I watched Dwight carry the Magic past the Cavs last year when Lebron played out of his mind.

Stunner
11-17-2009, 06:25 PM

He does have lebron and wade on the list were it says 3/4 wade and lebron he doesnt know which one goes first but they are on his list.

clehmun
11-17-2009, 06:26 PM

actually i think i have to agree with that.
i'd want to build around a 30 year old kobe more than a 25 year old bosh/amare/iggy.

age does matter, but that just means kobe won't be my top 5 on the list. he'd still make it over some young studs who are just not better than kobe regardless of age.

Stunner
11-17-2009, 06:26 PM
too many old players,

no its not

Dmagic87
11-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Some of these lists are terrible IMO.

In order:

Lebron
Wade
Dwight
Paul
D Williams

Melo
Durant
Roy

Granger
Joe Johnson

GreenMan305
11-17-2009, 06:35 PM
a team where chris paul is the focal point will not succeed.. the guy is a stat padder, he really doesnt make his teammates play better like wade,, nash and a FEW others, good point guards dont hav to hold the ball in there hands all game like paul, mark my words, paul will never win **** if hes the focal point

bronxbombers277
11-17-2009, 06:36 PM
1. Lebron
2. CP3
3. Wade
4. Melo
5. Dwight Howard
6. D-Will
7. Bosh
8. Durant
9. Granger
10. Roy

Some guys that haven't been mentioned that you can build a team around: Monta Ellis, Devin Harris, David Lee.

GreenMan305
11-17-2009, 06:40 PM
1. Lebron
2. CP3
3. Wade
4. Melo
5. Dwight Howard
6. D-Will
7. Bosh
8. Durant
9. Granger
10. Roy

Some guys that haven't been mentioned that you can build a team around: Monta Ellis, Devin Harris, David Lee.

lol @ montae ellis and david lee

central2003
11-17-2009, 06:47 PM
^^^^ 100% LOL @ Montae Ellis and David Lee.. Brandon jennings and Tyreke evans deserve more of a mention than those 2

bigsams50
11-17-2009, 07:00 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Chris Paul
3. Dwight Howard
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Carmelo Anthony
6. Chris Bosh
7. Brandon Roy
8. Kevin Durant
9. Brandon Jennings
10. Derrick Rose

Honorable mentions go to Deron Williams, Blake Griffin, Danny Granger and Brook Lopez.

Dude your avatar is awesome. ahahahaha. Rosey odonel, at a bisexual bridal shower lmao

nipo10847
11-17-2009, 07:02 PM
and with the style he plays, i doubt he can sustain a high level of play into his 30s.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

That's why clippers suck. Front office sucks, fans suck, therefore, team sucks. Period.

madiaz3
11-17-2009, 07:05 PM

Agreed, I believe too many people overlook this. He's right inbetween Bron and Kobe actually in terms of age.

nipo10847
11-17-2009, 07:07 PM
LeBron James
Dwayne Wade
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Carmelo Anthony
Deron Williams
Brandon Roy
Brandon Jennings
Kevin Durant
Andrew Bynum

Now, I like why you created this thread.

ChiSox219
11-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Some of these lists are terrible IMO.

Joe Johnson

Funny

Raph12
11-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Dwight Howard
Lebron James
Dwayne Wade
Chris Paul
Brandon Roy
Amare Stoudemire
Deron Williams
Kevin Durant
Chris Bosh
John Wall

ManRam
11-17-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm pretty sure I watched Dwight carry the Magic past the Cavs last year when Lebron played out of his mind.

I'm pretty sure Dwight only had one good series in the playoffs. Vs. Boston and LA he was not Orlando's best player...not at all. He struggled a lot in those series.

FlakeyFool
11-17-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm surprised that bosh is on alot of peoples lists. Alot of people over the summer were saying thats hes not a franchise player :eyebrow:

madiaz3
11-17-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm surprised that bosh is on alot of peoples lists. Alot of people over the summer were saying thats hes not a franchise player :eyebrow:

No they usually agree that he is, but that he's not a superstar, he's kind of a rare exception where they don't overlap.

bronxbombers277
11-17-2009, 09:12 PM
^^^^ 100% LOL @ Montae Ellis and David Lee.. Brandon jennings and Tyreke evans deserve more of a mention than those 2

Brandon Jennings, yes. Tyreke Evans, no. I was simply adding players that no one has mentioned. That doesn't mean I think they are the 11,12,13 best.