PDA

View Full Version : Source:Bos/Phi/Sac Trade In The Works

Fresno
11-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Sources told ESPN.com that the Philadelphia 76ers and Sacramento Kings, in considering the feasibility of a Samuel Dalembert-for-Kenny Thomas swap, have discussed expanding that concept with Boston by trying to draw in the Celtics on a potential three-way deal that would land Andres Nocioni with the Celts.

Sources further stressed over the past 48 hours that this should be classified as an ongoing conversation as the teams involved decide how much they like what’s on the table.

But the full deal as it stands, if it eventually gets that far, would send Nocioni to Boston, Kenny Thomas, Tony Allen and Brian Scalabrine to Philadelphia and Dalembert and J.R. Giddens to Sacramento.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/10741/the-next-big-trade-heres-a-three-team-possibility

bigsams50
11-17-2009, 10:09 AM
WOW, this would be good for the celts.

BoratSagdiyev
11-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Scalabrine wont move..he is the rock of that franchise.

ShakeN'Bake
11-17-2009, 10:30 AM
scalabrine wont move..he is the rock of that franchise.

+1

arthurlaker13
11-17-2009, 10:32 AM
the celtics are still wack:clap:

td0tsfinest
11-17-2009, 10:46 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/10741/the-next-big-trade-heres-a-three-team-possibility

Sources told ESPN.com that the Philadelphia 76ers and Sacramento Kings, in considering the feasibility of a Samuel Dalembert-for-Kenny Thomas swap, have discussed expanding that concept with Boston by trying to draw in the Celtics on a potential three-way deal that would land Andres Nocioni with the Celts.

Sources further stressed over the past 48 hours that this should be classified as an ongoing conversation as the teams involved decide how much they like what’s on the table.

But the full deal as it stands, if it eventually gets that far, would send Nocioni to Boston, Kenny Thomas, Tony Allen and Brian Scalabrine to Philadelphia and Dalembert and J.R. Giddens to Sacramento.

Jetsguy
11-17-2009, 10:48 AM
yawn...

black1605
11-17-2009, 10:52 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426906

bal_ravens
11-17-2009, 10:54 AM
5 threads down.

mser58
11-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Sixers getting ready for that Lebron signing!

Nighthawk
11-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Rondo
Allen
Pierce
KG
Perk

Sheed
Big Baby/S. Williams
Nocioni
Daniels
House/Hudson

I absolutely love this move for boston. Nocioni is a nag an hard nose defender. Should fit in great

swagga81
11-17-2009, 11:18 AM
how good is this guy? is he sacs best player or somthing?

td0tsfinest
11-17-2009, 11:21 AM
whoops...I guess I missed thanks guys

sixer04fan
11-17-2009, 11:22 AM
It would be a good move for the celts and sixers... If sac wants to try out dalembert and his contract they can be my guest

swagga81
11-17-2009, 11:24 AM
yawn...
your yawning because your Knicks or Nets are not in this deal:facepalm:

Turtle55
11-17-2009, 11:26 AM
As happy as I was to see Chicago get rid of Noc's contract it would be disgusting to see him play for the Celtics. Would probably add nice depth to Boston but would give them a terrible contract for a backup to split time with Big Baby and Marquis at the 3/4. I'm actually surprised more teams aren't interested in Dalembert. He's a younger, healthier, more productive player than Chandler. Bad contract but starting centers are expensive.

Gorgon2k
11-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Man we hate Dalembert here but Scalabrine in Philly is an Ugly Ugly site!

pf289
11-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Good deal for the Sixers just to get that contract off the books. Hopefully it is completed soon.

oak2455
11-17-2009, 11:33 AM
What are you 10, you like wrestling?

DerekRE_3
11-17-2009, 11:35 AM

Not even close.

swagga81
11-17-2009, 11:38 AM
What are you 10, you like wrestling?

wow what a cheap shot! what are you 5 and you like to as questions! 10 no wrestling yess plus im a oklahoma sooners fan which he played takle for the team! hows that for ya enough info:rolleyes:

amoore87
11-17-2009, 11:39 AM
as a 6ers fan..ill take a bag of rocks for dalembert

mikantsass
11-17-2009, 11:43 AM
I like that move for the C's... its basically Scal, T Allen, Giddens for Nocioni. Giddens was improving but if the C's give up Scal and TA for anyone who is decent then its a win. I hope it goes through.

Confusion
11-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Would be huge for Boston.

oak2455
11-17-2009, 11:47 AM
wow what a cheap shot! what are you 5 and you like to as questions! 10 no wrestling yess plus im a oklahoma sooners fan which he played takle for the team! hows that for ya enough info:rolleyes:

English is not high on your list of things to do?:rolleyes:

Jetsguy
11-17-2009, 11:51 AM

no I am yawning at a trade of 3 bench players and would care less if any of these guys were on my KNICKS. PS - that is one of the worst uses of the facepalm I have ever seen, good try though

AIsixersFK
11-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Can we at least wait til Speights is back to make this deal?

HoopsDrive
11-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Holy **** Scal on any team but the Celts is gonna be real weird

theimortalone
11-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow sounds like an interesting trade.

ZHawk1123
11-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Holy **** Scal on any team but the Celts is gonna be real weird

You do know he played for the Nets for a while before coming to the C's right?

lavilevi23
11-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Will philly have more cap in 2010 than the Heat/Knicks/Nets if this goes through?

JDink24
11-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Please let this be true PPPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Getting rid of slammin Sammy D is the first of many steps in getting the Sixers back from mediocrity.

JDink24
11-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Will philly have more cap in 2010 than the Heat/Knicks/Nets if this goes through?

I wish

HoopsDrive
11-17-2009, 12:24 PM
^Only recall some of his tenure with the Nets, while with the Celts he's become a fan fav and pretty recognizable. Just gonna be a bit hard to see him w/o the white and green uniform for a while, if this happens.

pimpdaddy
11-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Scalabrine is a freak :speechless:

HoopsDrive
11-17-2009, 12:32 PM
If this trade goes through, next time 6ers face the Celts in the Garden, he's gonna get a standing O and go for 20-8-4-2-2

oh yeah

CityofTreez
11-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Getting rid of 2 douche-bags for one douche-bag is satisfying. Kenny Thomas is only an expiring contract and Scalabrine & Allen are just fillers. Even though I hate Nocioni, he's been a great player this year and would help out the Celtics alot coming off the bench w/ his defense and hustle points.

What happened to the Okafor trade? Dammit :facepalm:

DerekRE_3
11-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Getting rid of 2 douche-bags for one douche-bag is satisfying. Kenny Thomas is only an expiring contract and Scalabrine & Allen are just fillers. Even though I hate Nocioni, he's been a great player this year and would help out the Celtics alot coming off the bench w/ his defense and hustle points.

What happened to the Okafor trade? Dammit :facepalm:

5 years and $52 million is what happened to the Okafor trade.

Burkey3472
11-17-2009, 12:40 PM

No, they would have to somehow trade Dalembert and Brand to get significant space to sign a big name player.

On Philly potential dealing Sammy. :clap:

AK-50
11-17-2009, 01:01 PM

hes not their best player but he was a good player for the bulls before they traded him to sac for salmons and miller last year

Jaydes
11-17-2009, 01:11 PM
English is not high on your list of things to do?:rolleyes:

Really?....

What is it with people who get punked and then retort with something that only makes them sound like more of an idiot?

Funny how the guy who posted this thread also likes wrestling...

In any event...

This trade would do WONDERS for Philly, we all hate Sammy D. Well, at least his contract.

I say do it!

AND SIGN IVERSON!

DitchDat
11-17-2009, 01:15 PM
this would be good for the Celts

CityofTreez
11-17-2009, 01:41 PM
5 years and $52 million is what happened to the Okafor trade.

Whoa! 5 years $52 million. Whoa! Thanks.

Derek/Sixer fans got the scoop on dalembert's contract?

op12
11-17-2009, 01:52 PM
i think this would be huge for the celtics. when baby gets back that will be 11 deep solid. marquis can backup the 2 more and nocioni the 3. hate to lose giddens but this is good for the title run. i always liked walker better anyway.

Turtle55
11-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Whoa! 5 years $52 million. Whoa! Thanks.

Derek/Sixer fans got the scoop on dalembert's contract?

It's two years I'm not sure of the exact amount but it's around 22-23 million for the two years.

swagga81
11-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Really?....

What is it with people who get punked and then retort with something that only makes them sound like more of an idiot?

Funny how the guy who posted this thread also likes wrestling...

In any event...

This trade would do WONDERS for Philly, we all hate Sammy D. Well, at least his contract.

I say do it!

AND SIGN IVERSON!:clap:

Raph12
11-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Sac is getting ripped on this deal, Philly gets rid of Dalembert's contract and pick up a role player and two scrubs, while Boston gets Nocioni... how is Danny Ainge pull these lopsided deals out of nowhere?

So the Celtics are adding more talent to their bench yet again, what's new?

bbd24
11-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Danny Ainge at it again. Raise #44 to the rafters now.

Daniels, Sheed, and Nocioni ? On the 2nd unit ?

Man, that beats out some teams first unit players in the Eastern Conference.

swagga81
11-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Sac is getting ripped on this deal, Philly gets rid of Dalembert's contract and pick up a role player and two scrubs, while Boston gets Nocioni... how is Danny Ainge pull these lopsided deals out of nowhere?

So the Celtics are adding more talent to their bench yet again, what's new?
oh come on

Dark Donnie
11-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Great move for Philly

Gibby23
11-17-2009, 02:54 PM
I don't think this happens. Sac has no place for Dalembert and Petri isn't a stupid GM. The Kings are also looking into Okafor, that might be a better way to go.

shep33
11-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Man the rich get richer. The Celts are already stacked, and they're gonna get Nocioni who can start for most teams, is a lock down defender, and can shoot the 3. They're already the favorite to win the title in most views of sports writers, and now they'll likely get better if this goes through.

CityofTreez
11-17-2009, 03:04 PM
It's two years I'm not sure of the exact amount but it's around 22-23 million for the two years.

Consider petrie to reject this trade. We don't have the money to dump K-9's contract for that contract with a high contract/low reward!

FNM BOY
11-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Can we at least wait til Speights is back to make this deal?

Nope get it done...we arent going anywhere this year. Cap space & lottery is our only hope.

Lo Porto
11-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Why doesn't Sacramento pursue AK47? He'd fit better because he can play SF and PF plus do a little bit of everything.

Nocioni and Thomas for AK. The money is the same for this year, Sacramento spends $10 million more next year, but they get free of Noc's $6+ million for 2011 when they want money opened up. Utah gets to save a bunch of money next season when they look to be way over the luxury again. Noc is actually a perfect fit for Sloan anyway.

PhillyForLife90
11-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Please let this happen. I'd trade sammy for a rack of basketballs at this point. Just get him out of here!

ko8e24
11-17-2009, 03:29 PM
As happy as I was to see Chicago get rid of Noc's contract it would be disgusting to see him play for the Celtics. Would probably add nice depth to Boston but would give them a terrible contract for a backup to split time with Big Baby and Marquis at the 3/4. I'm actually surprised more teams aren't interested in Dalembert. He's a younger, healthier, more productive player than Chandler. Bad contract but starting centers are expensive.

man, get outta here, Celtics are tryin to win a title, not hoping to make it to the playoffs like the bulls. every team has a different motive, and a different goal. ur team's goal is not to win the chip, but to simply improve upon last yr and see how they do without ben gordon and the return of luol deng, and the improvement of young guys like derrick rose, noah and tyrus thomas.

Contracts and all that junk don't matter when you're a championship contending team.

pd7631
11-17-2009, 03:31 PM

I'm willing to bet that your knowledge of Samuel Dalembert consists of looking at his player profile on NBA. com and seeing him play the Bulls a couple times a year.

He is the dumbest basketball player you will ever watch. He can't throw a simple outlet pass, he makes stupid fouls, he tries to put the ball on the floor way too much(that's a no no for big men), he has no regard for what the situation at a given time in a game, and he takes ******** shots.

He hurts his team with his stupidity more than he helps them with his play.

If this trade goes through, I will have renewed faith in Ed Stefanski as our GM.

Now, if he could only dump Elton Brand's contract, we may have a future for our team.

raptor fan
11-17-2009, 03:32 PM
i really dont know why sacramento would do this deal. Dalembert has one of the most immovable contracts in the NBA. The only way I see them making this deal is if they send Udrih to Philadelphia or if they get back a couple of picks.

Turtle55
11-17-2009, 03:38 PM
man, get outta here, Celtics are tryin to win a title, not hoping to make it to the playoffs like the bulls. every team has a different motive, and a different goal. ur team's goal is not to win the chip, but to simply improve upon last yr and see how they do without ben gordon and the return of luol deng, and the improvement of young guys like derrick rose, noah and tyrus thomas.

Contracts and all that junk don't matter when you're a championship contending team.

Contracts always matter. When Allen retires in the very near future and Garnett and Pierce are too old to get it done without him they're going to need trade-able assets to bring in help. I never said they shouldn't do it I just said it's not without at least some down side. There's no reason to go after my team. What I said had nothing to do with the Bulls.

And I also want to ask Philly fans. Why is there so much hate for Dalembert? I understand he's over paid but does he have some sort of attitude issues or something? I understand wanting to move him but the posts I have read make him sound like a cancer.

Turtle55
11-17-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm willing to bet that your knowledge of Samuel Dalembert consists of looking at his player profile on NBA. com and seeing him play the Bulls a couple times a year.

He is the dumbest basketball player you will ever watch. He can't throw a simple outlet pass, he makes stupid fouls, he tries to put the ball on the floor way too much(that's a no no for big men), he has no regard for what the situation at a given time in a game, and he takes ******** shots.

He hurts his team with his stupidity more than he helps them with his play.

If this trade goes through, I will have renewed faith in Ed Stefanski as our GM.

Now, if he could only dump Elton Brand's contract, we may have a future for our team.

Ok, thanks.... disregard my previous post. This is the answer I was looking for.

Lizard King
11-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Well now it's time to cheer for Boston as well.

Turtle55
11-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Well now it's time to cheer for Boston as well.

Just can't do it.

redsox0717
11-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Please get done please get done

:pray:

PhillyForLife90
11-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Contracts always matter. When Allen retires in the very near future and Garnett and Pierce are too old to get it done without him they're going to need trade-able assets to bring in help. I never said they shouldn't do it I just said it's not without at least some down side. There's no reason to go after my team. What I said had nothing to do with the Bulls.

And I also want to ask Philly fans. Why is there so much hate for Dalembert? I understand he's over paid but does he have some sort of attitude issues or something? I understand wanting to move him but the posts I have read make him sound like a cancer.

Its simple really. His bball IQ is probably lower than 70, not a great work ethic, has been in the league for nine years and has not really developed any offensive moves nor even a real post move. Complains about not getting enough mins despite him being the main source of inconsistency on the team. Need I say more? All in all, he doesn't seem like a bad guy, but his time in Philly has really run out because he has not shown he's willing to improve and show the potential we all thought he had. A change of scenery is really what he needs at this point.

Turtle55
11-17-2009, 03:50 PM
OK, as the guy before posted I really haven't watched much of Dalembert at all. I knew his stats and had seen him play Chicago a few times. Was just surprised that at his age and the fact that he does block shots and rebound surprised me that no one had any interest. But what you guys have told me makes it all pretty clear. Appreciate the info.

CityofTreez
11-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Why doesn't Sacramento pursue AK47? He'd fit better because he can play SF and PF plus do a little bit of everything.

I'm assuming you would start/play AK-47 at the 3 position because he plays that the best. The only problem with that scenario is we are stacked with SF on our team: (F.Garcia, D.Greene, O.Casspi) We are deep at that position AK-47 excels at, which is SF.

Plus, we will not bring in a sporadic player that takes time from our youth players, like Casspi & Greene. Casspi is living up to the hype and Greene is 1-2 years away from being aa solid NBA starter or role player, with a cheap salary!

colinskik
11-17-2009, 04:15 PM
This trade seems silly for SAC; and seems too good to be true for BOS. That second unit would be filthy, but I really don't see this trade going through, or should I say, I don't want it to go through.

Also, wrestling is for idiots. Straight up. There's no decent argument to the contrary.

SeoulBeatz
11-17-2009, 04:38 PM
i was fine with just releasing dalembert at this point, but getting Kenny Thomas' expiring aint bad.

im so frustrated at seeing sammy airball hookshots, goaltend everyother ball,NEVER PASS, shoot 20 foot midrange turnaround jumpers, shoot the ball from behind the backboard whilst falling out of bounds...AND HIT THE BACKBOARD RESULTING IN A TURNOVER.... twice...... in one game...... yes that really happened.... yes he is that stupid. smh.

he thought he was going to play pro-soccer until he was a senior in high school, then it was decided he was too tall so he picked up basketball.

this trade has to happen. season is already going ****** enough with Speights out for 8 weeks but I STILL WANT TO DO THIS EVEN WITH THE LACK OF DEPTH. I HATE DALEMBERT THAT MUCH. i cant tell u how many games he (and willie green) have singlehandedly cost us. good ****in riddance if this goes through!

so glad to get rid of this $24 million dollar egotistical CLOWN.

TYoung21
11-18-2009, 06:34 PM
I'll take a bag of **** for dalembert

Becks2307
11-18-2009, 06:57 PM
bos is the only place where Scal could play...if he gets traded he will be out of the league at the end of his contract

dolfan720
11-18-2009, 07:19 PM
good for boston bad for 76ers ok for sacramento

skratcher
11-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Wow, what a blockbuster trade for sure!

Seriously though, the Celtics would be very fortunate if this happens. Tony Allen has issues with his health and Scalabrine is not playing much (I'm not so sure about this one).

If they can get Nocioni out of these two, that would be great for them. 76ers and Kings, eh, not so much.

BkOriginalOne
11-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Good move for Celtics if it gets pulled off.
I'm confused though, didn't the sixers move Kenny Thomas to Sac in the Webber deal?
I think that Scal would be bought out and then return to Boston by Dec. 15th.

Kakaroach
11-18-2009, 09:04 PM
This would be a solid move for the Celtics, I think Sac-town would hate Sammy D, and the Sixers get expirings.

zambo4president
11-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Noooo! Don't make me hate Noci now!

dodie53
11-18-2009, 09:55 PM
will be a good move for boston if this happens

Westbrook36
11-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Please take Sammy!

Nuff' said

KB24PG16
11-18-2009, 10:45 PM
http://www.projo.com/celtics/content/sp_bkn_celtics_journal19_11-19-09_VPGGOR5_v2.345e611.html