PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies waive Allen Iverson

pd7631
11-16-2009, 06:18 PM
ESPN.com news services

Allen Iverson's time in Memphis is over.

Iverson and the Grizzlies have mutually agreed to part ways, and Iverson is expected to be placed on waivers by 6 p.m. ET Monday, a league source tells ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan.

Under the agreement, Iverson will receive only a fraction of the $3 million he was scheduled to earn. If he clears waivers, he will become an unrestricted free agent on Wednesday night.

Iverson has been on a personal leave of absence for 10 days. Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley had told Iverson's agent, Leon Rose, earlier Monday that team wanted to know soon whether Iverson would play or retire, the Commercial Appeal reported.

In three games since returning from a hamstring injury, Iverson averaged 12.3 points and 3.7 assists in 22.3 minutes as a reserve.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4661327

ombada
11-16-2009, 06:20 PM
wow, well there goes that... :laugh2:

bigsams50
11-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Dam, maybe he goes to CLE

pd7631
11-16-2009, 06:24 PM
I hope and pray that he'll come back to Philly. We need him so much.

theuuord
11-16-2009, 06:25 PM
damn.

SteveNash
11-16-2009, 06:28 PM
I wish I could get paid $3 mil to suck for 3 games.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4661327

AI4MVP
11-16-2009, 06:29 PM
u know what. he said that if the team is winning then hes willing to come off the bench. i think he shud sign with a contender like cleveland or los angeles and make there bench the best bench in the nba and make them the favorites to win it all.

Gators123
Even though I am not a fan of Iverson, It would be nice to see him back in a 76ers uniform.

ko8e24
ya, the closest thing I found when searching was this:

http://www.hoopsnotes.com/2009/11/memphis-grizzlies-to-waive-allen-iverson/

The Memphis Grizzlies experiment with disgruntled guard Allen Iverson will reportedly end. According to Ronald Tillery of the Memphis Commercial Appeal, the two sides have agreed to part ways. The team will waive Iverson.

It has not been reported what the terms of the agreement are and how much money Iverson will come away with.

Source: Inside Hoops

DerekRE_3
11-16-2009, 06:30 PM
He lasted one game in Memphis.
:laugh2:

mjt20mik
11-16-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm shocked :facepalm:

LE-SHAQ
AI TO CLEVELAND. HE CAN BE SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR.
HE RESPECTS LEBRON (THEY PLAYED WELL IN OLYMPICS) AND SHAQ
HE CAN COME IN WITH THE SECOND UNIT AND GO OFF.
LEBRON NEEDS A 2ND SCORER WHO CAN GET HIS OWN SHOT
WE DONT HAVE TO TRADE ANYONE AND HE WILL PLAY FOR THE MINIMUM
AI WANTS A REAL CONTENDER AND WHAT BETTER PLACE

WIN A RING FOR THE KING!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::D

ko8e24

thanx for the find yo. here is the story from espn, as "SteveNash" posted the website.

Allen Iverson's time in Memphis is over.

Iverson and the Grizzlies have mutually agreed to part ways, and Iverson is expected to be placed on waivers by 6 p.m. ET Monday, a league source tells ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan.

Under the agreement, Iverson will receive only a fraction of the $3 million he was scheduled to earn. If he clears waivers, he will become an unrestricted free agent on Wednesday night.

Iverson has been on a personal leave of absence for 10 days. Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley had told Iverson's agent, Leon Rose, earlier Monday that team wanted to know soon whether Iverson would play or retire, the Memphis Commercial Appeal reported on its Web site.

In three games since returning from a hamstring injury, Iverson averaged 12.3 points and 3.7 assists in 22.3 minutes as a reserve.

ko8e24
11-16-2009, 06:33 PM
AI TO CLEVELAND. HE CAN BE SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR.HE RESPECTS LEBRON (THEY PLAYED WELL IN OLYMPICS) AND SHAQ

:eyebrow: He wants to be starting under any circumstances. wut have u not learned in the last 2-3 yrs??

fairandbalanced
11-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Stay away from the Heat pls.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-16-2009, 06:34 PM
retire AI

your image is ruined

edison_yia
11-16-2009, 06:35 PM
yeah, cavs should sign him to a one year and start him as the two guard...but man, the cavs are clikcing right now

BALLER71
11-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Please do not come to the Heat.

desertrat218
11-16-2009, 06:39 PM
I hope he never wins a ring, never did like this Iverson.

SlowMo
11-16-2009, 06:42 PM
HAHAHAHAHA. Sucks cause I respected him when he was in Philly and Denver. Now I'm soooooo glad the Nuggets traded him for Chauncey when they did.

Go_NUGGETS
11-16-2009, 06:45 PM
I've lost respect for this dude....What a crybaby.

ko8e24
11-16-2009, 06:45 PM
AI to the Knicks, do it Donnie, lol

jim51990
11-16-2009, 06:49 PM
going to play with the cavs watch

Raps18-19 Champ
11-16-2009, 06:53 PM
C-Shaq, Ilgauskas
PF-Varejao, Hickson, Powe
SF-Lebron, Moon
SG-Iverson, Parker
PG-Williams, Gibson

They can trade then West for a PF.

DitchDat
11-16-2009, 06:55 PM
3 ****ing games

He's a HOF'er for sure, but damn, this guy is ALL EGO

Fresno
11-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Iverson to the Warriors?

Kobe24MVP
11-16-2009, 07:05 PM
man this guys a clown. he needs to just suck it up and play ball

asandhu23
11-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Iverson to the Warriors?

:facepalm: we just traded away a drama queen. do you really think we want another one so soon? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

bklynboriqua09
11-16-2009, 07:07 PM
AI to the Knicks, do it Donnie, lol

exactly! he should do it just to throw the damn fans a freggin' bone. Come on man give us a reason to at least watch the games this year....pleeeeezzz

bklynboriqua09
11-16-2009, 07:09 PM
man this guys a clown. he needs to just suck it up and play ball

so you know what it feels like to be in his shoes??? pompous laker fans...drive me crazy.

bklynboriqua09
11-16-2009, 07:11 PM
3 ****ing games

He's a HOF'er for sure, but damn, this guy is ALL EGO

Brett farve does pretty much the same thing...TWICE and now look at him everybody riding his damn jock strap.... AI does it and he's being called a clown, all ego, and classless.... effing racists will never die!

ChiSox219
11-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Wouldve made sense for AI to go to Charlotte but dunno now.

My guess, he doesn't go anywhere until January.

Gators123
11-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Brett farve does pretty much the same thing...TWICE and now look at him everybody riding his damn jock strap.... AI does it and he's being called a clown, all ego, and classless.... effing racists will never die!

Look how Favre is playing.

bklynboriqua09
11-16-2009, 07:15 PM
retire AI

your image is ruined

Did you say the same thing about farve???? KOBE was accused of rape and he fixed his image, AI just wants to freggin play man thats it how is his image ruined??? Pretentious laker fans suck! Rickey Henderson played til he was 90 he even played in the damn minor leagues WHY? because he just wanted to play.... DId you catch his hall of fame speech? or were you too busy thinking you were Jordan Farmer... Image???? How about MAGIC after being diagnosed with HIV how's his image.

AIverson
11-16-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm happy watching Jennings as an Iverson replacement for now, but I'm ready for AI to get back to playing some ball. He's still really good, but he's actually starting to get on my nerves. Your fans wanna see you play dammit. Get on the freakin court! We don't have much longer to see you, so we want to watch you play while we still have the chance!

chicagocubsfan
11-16-2009, 07:17 PM
One can only hope he goes to the Heat... :p

Unec
11-16-2009, 07:18 PM
back to PHILLY HE COMES ...COME ON ED GO GET HIM FOR CHEAP!!

MJ-BULLS
maybe he ends up in miami

Fresno
Spears and I are running out of teams to ask about A.I. Not even one "Maybe" yet. Or, "We'll look into it." Just flat "no's" and "hell no's"
http://twitter.com/wojyahoonba

bklynboriqua09
11-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Look how Favre is playing.

exactly my point... Suppose AI goes to the cavs and the win a chip how stupid is everyone bashing AI going to feel HUH? 10 games have been played there is still alot ball left. To me this show's a true belief in himself,tremendous resolve and persistence.

bklynboriqua09
11-16-2009, 07:20 PM
nothing pisses me off more than when we fans suggest players retire... when we all know damn well that if any of us were pro athletes we would play until we were dragged off the court.

jim51990
11-16-2009, 07:21 PM
going to play with the cavs watch

smith&wesson
11-16-2009, 07:22 PM
retire AI

your image is ruined

Image ? seriously ??

you have lamar odem on your sig and your talking image ?

so its ok to marry the ugly kardashian on cable tv. but its not ok to want to start. lol rrrrrrrrright... lets not talk about image.

Gators123
11-16-2009, 07:23 PM
exactly my point... Suppose AI goes to the cavs and the win a chip how stupid is everyone bashing AI going to feel HUH? 10 games have been played there is still alot ball left. To me this show's a true belief in himself,tremendous resolve and persistence.

If Cavs won a championship it would be because some guy named LeBron James. Not Iverson. Yeah, AI can still play, but not with a team.

bklynboriqua09
11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Image ? seriously ??

you have lamar odem on your sig and your talking image ?

so its ok to marry the ugly kardashian on cable tv. but its not ok to want to start. lol rrrrrrrrright... lets not talk about image.

whose worse laker fans or cowboy fans...

smith&wesson
11-16-2009, 07:26 PM
i dont get it with all the iverson haters.

for real every one on psd knows this guy wants to start. every one!!!
so if your the GM of the memphis grizzlies would you go after iverson if your not planning to have your coach start him ?? i mean seriously you have to be under a rock and completly not paying attention to your job if you make a move like this. specially since this same GM is best known for trading pau gasol for k brown.

seriously guys this isnt really iversons fault. he even took a pay cut to go to memphis. but every one who knows anything about basket ball knows a.i wants to start. if as a gm you fail to realize that and sign him. you fail.

bklynboriqua09
11-16-2009, 07:27 PM
If Cavs won a championship it would be because some guy named LeBron James. Not Iverson. Yeah, AI can still play, but not with a team.

the conclusion would be drawn that lebron didn't win until the cavs added SHAQ and if they added AI... Where did I say in my posts they would have won because of Iverson?

JWO35
11-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Allen Iverson just need to hang 'em up...He's a cancer and nothing more.

Stunner
11-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Allen Iverson just need to hang 'em up...He's a cancer and nothing more.

says the pistons fans. lol

HoopsDrive
11-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Cavs seem to be the perfect option for him now.

C-Shaq
PF-Varejao
SF-LBJ
SG-Iverson
PG-Mo

They will also have a very solid bench after that with Parker, West and Ilgauskas.

Dmagic87
11-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Iverson wants to start.

The knicks should sign him and start him at SG.

TD
AI
Gallo
Lee
Hill

chicagocubsfan
AI can still put up 23+ ppg, the mavs and hornets should look at him

Gators123
the conclusion would be drawn that lebron didn't win until the cavs added SHAQ and if they added AI... Where did I say in my posts they would have won because of Iverson?

Because you said

suppose AI goes to the cavs and the win a chip how stupid is everyone bashing AI going to feel HUH?

If AI didn't help win, then why would anybody feel stupid?

Dmagic87

Who is that girl? She is hot.

bklynboriqua09
11-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Because you said

If AI didn't help win, then why would anybody feel stupid?

They'd feel stupid if they proposed he was a cancer... or he would never win a championship... if you believe the latter or the former you would feel stupid right???

JWO35
11-16-2009, 07:39 PM

lol I'm sure some Nugget fans would agree too...you see once they got rid of him and replaced him with a team-player they went to the WCF

And without Iverson on the Pistons(and without Rip and Tay) they are playing well...but its still early in the season.

iHop
11-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Kanye west of basket ball, But still my favorite player of all time

Jonathan2323
11-16-2009, 07:48 PM
i think he should go to Toronto. they need a scoring guard.

bklynboriqua09
11-16-2009, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=JWO35;11420738]lol I'm sure some Nugget fans would agree too...you see once they got rid of him and replaced him with a team-player they went to the WCF

And without Iverson on the Pistons(and without Rip and Tay) they are playing well...but its still early in the season.[/QUOTE

You know nothing about basketball I'm sorry.... AI is a unique player and needs to be in the right situation... He is an udersized shooting guard who needs to be on the floor with a point guard that can guard the opposing teams shooting guard someone like Jason Kidd or Andre miller perhaps... Cleveland would be a good option because James is the primary distributor on the team the only problem I would see is you wouldn't be able to play shaq and AI together much because shaq would take up too much space in the paint and it would be a little too congested for AI to do what he does best which is penetrate in the paint... BUT he would mesh perfectly with BIG Z because Z like to shoot from the perimeter... a line up of AI,PARKER,JAMeS,HIXON and BIG Z would match up well with any team in the league...but Im a knick fan so I'd rather NY sign him so I can at least get excited about something.

ko8e24
11-16-2009, 07:49 PM
one request to everyone, please stop using the word "cancer".

thanx

pd7631
11-16-2009, 07:52 PM

thanx

thank you

I can't stand that word being used about any player.

Tony_Starks
11-16-2009, 07:54 PM
My question is did management not explain what his role would be before they signed him? In all fairness he has never changed his stance on coming off the bench, even in the summer when he was a FA. They negotiated for quite a while and the was the biggest sticking point. Sounds like somebody lied to get him there to me..... Either that or the coach wasn't on board with the GM. Either way bad business...

JWO35
11-16-2009, 07:54 PM
You know nothing about basketball I'm sorry.... AI is a unique player and needs to be in the right situation... He is an udersized shooting guard who needs to be on the floor with a point guard that can guard the opposing teams shooting guard someone like Jason Kidd or Andre miller perhaps... Cleveland would be a good option because James is the primary distributor on the team the only problem I would see is you wouldn't be able to play shaq and AI together much because shaq would take up too much space in the paint and it would be a little too congested for AI to do what he does best which is penetrate in the paint... BUT he would mesh perfectly with BIG Z because Z like to shoot from the perimeter... a line up of AI,PARKER,JAMeS,HIXON and BIG Z would match up well with any team in the league...but Im a knick fan so I'd rather NY sign him so I can at least get excited about something.

It looks like Iverson doesn't know what team he should play for either, why would you go to a team and expect to start where your not even the best SG on the Team...and he goes to the Grizzlies and say he's playing for a Championship, the guy is senile

GunFactor187
11-16-2009, 07:56 PM
retire AI

your image is ruined

Ditto.

bklynboriqua09
11-16-2009, 07:58 PM
It looks like Iverson doesn't know what team he should play for either, why would you go to a team and expect to start where your not even the best SG on the Team...and he goes to the Grizzlies and say he's playing for a Championship, the guy is senile

Dude it was probably his only offer and he needed the money... he made 3mil and he's got a big family. would you turn down 3 mil in the twilight of your earning potential?

bklynboriqua09
11-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Ditto.

Dummo.

pd7631
11-16-2009, 08:07 PM
lol I'm sure some Nugget fans would agree too...you see once they got rid of him and replaced him with a team-player they went to the WCF

And without Iverson on the Pistons(and without Rip and Tay) they are playing well...but its still early in the season.

I think you're forgetting about the Sixers bud.(on a side note, the Nuggets were a 50 win team with AI, it's not like they were no good)

Back to the point...Look what happened to the Sixers since he left. He took us from the bottom and got us to the Finals. He won multiple scoring titles, was an All NBA First Teamer multiple times, league MVP, league leader in steals multiple times.

Since he left the fans have dwindled away(Sixers are dead last in attendance) and the team has wasted away the last 3 years and we are no better now than we were the day we traded AI. And fans are still calling for him to come back.

It's not AI's fault that the FO blew up the team that went to the finals in about 2 years.

Billy King overpaid players like Eric Snow, Aaron Mckie, Kenny Thomas(Kings fans are still eating his salary), Samuel Dalembert, Willie Green.

Trading for players way past their prime like Derrick Coleman(whatever prime he had), Glen Robinson, and Chris Webber(had no knees).

Numerous coaching changes, including Larry Brown bailing on the team.

And through it all AI carried those terrible teams on his back to the playoffs year in and year out.

So please, unless you have any true knowledge of AI's career.....keep your mouth shut.

AI has done so much more than probably 90% of the league, yet he gets no respect. Just think about all the players and teams that have never been to the NBA Finals. Then think about how many players have won an MVP. When you've been as great as he has been, he should be at least given the chance to lose a starting job(especially in Memphis), he shouldn't have to earn it.....because he already has.

He's always welcome back in Philly.

*Superman*
11-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Dude it was probably his only offer and he needed the money... he made 3mil and he's got a big family. would you turn down 3 mil in the twilight of your earning potential?

He made almost 20M last season. 3M ain't ****.

SteveNash
11-16-2009, 08:08 PM

thanx

AI is a malignant tumor.

colinskik
11-16-2009, 08:09 PM
I agreed with you until you said this. I don't think he has to worry about money for the rest of his life.

But on the actual topic, I wouldnt mind AI coming to NY. I mean, anything is better than what he have going on now.

DeadMemories
11-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?

From reiging MVP of the NBA to be cut by the lowly memphis grizzlies.

TheWatcher34
11-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Iverson to the NYKnicks !!! best fit for him... and it gives the New Yorker something to cheer for

*Superman*
11-16-2009, 08:11 PM
He doesn't deserve a championship if he isn't willing to come of the bench IMO. We all know he is able to start, but if he wants to play for a contender, its 6th man role.

pd7631
11-16-2009, 08:12 PM
retire AI

your image is ruined

How many times have you actually seen AI play? Did you even pay attention to basketball while he was in Philly?

I would love to know how much the haters have actually seen AI play, because my guess is that most of them don't have a clue about AI.

JasonJohnHorn
11-16-2009, 08:19 PM
What? Iverson didn't feel comfortable coming off the bench? The universe makes no sense to me now?!?!?!!?!?

Stay away from the Heat pls.

I know you are a Heat and you wnat your boys to do well, but I think Miami is the one team he could actually fit in as a starter. Chambers would be one of the best back up point guards and Iverson could play shooting guard with Wade on the court handling the ball. Iverson's biggest problem is that he is not a pure point guard and plays best alongside another point guard, but that hurts because it usually means giving up size on defence. With Wade playing along side him, or QR, and Chambers backing him up, that would be a great rotation.

Miami's biggest issue now though is O'Neal's inconsistency. He's an all-star one night and a pine-picker the next, but having Haslem coming off the bench is workign great. Iverson could actually fill out that roster. Of course I'd like to see if Kobe could tame The Answer playing side-by-side in the back court.

DeadMemories
11-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Only thing worse than an AI hater, an AI fan boy.

SteveNash
11-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I know you are a Heat and you wnat your boys to do well, but I think Miami is the one team he could actually fit in as a starter. Chambers would be one of the best back up point guards and Iverson could play shooting guard with Wade on the court handling the ball. Iverson's biggest problem is that he is not a pure point guard and plays best alongside another point guard, but that hurts because it usually means giving up size on defence. With Wade playing along side him, or QR, and Chambers backing him up, that would be a great rotation.

Miami's biggest issue now though is O'Neal's inconsistency. He's an all-star one night and a pine-picker the next, but having Haslem coming off the bench is workign great. Iverson could actually fill out that roster. Of course I'd like to see if Kobe could tame The Answer playing side-by-side in the back court.

How is AI going to earn minutes in Miami, he's not better than Chalmers, doubt he's better than Arroyo or Quinn.

thrilla11
11-16-2009, 08:26 PM
AI should go back and retire in Philly

Tony_Starks
11-16-2009, 08:26 PM
How is AI going to earn minutes in Miami, he's not better than Chalmers, doubt he's better than Arroyo or Quinn.

I hereby nominate this quote for ridiculous hater comment of the year. Can I get a second?

NBA-GMaster
11-16-2009, 08:27 PM
NOW HE's been waive I think Philadelphia or Denver could sign him..
76ers he could revive the team..
Nuggets Chauncey and AI starting backcourt.. WHOAH!!

TheWatcher34
11-16-2009, 08:28 PM

:speechless:

NBA-GMaster
11-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Philadelphia or Denver could sign him..
He could revive the 76ers or AI and Chauncey Backcourt DUO!!

*Superman*
11-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Personally, I want him back in Philly.

Gators123
11-16-2009, 08:31 PM

Like I said, I'm not a fan of AI, but that's ridiculous. :laugh:

Tony_Starks
11-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Like I said, I'm not a fan of AI, but that's ridiculous. :laugh:

Im tempted to turn it into a sig... Oh the things that haters come up with!

BkOriginalOne
The Season is young, he should find another home if he wants to.

Jonathan2323
i wouldn't mind if he came to Miami, but he would have to accept the 6th man role. Iverson wants to start so i don't see it happening.

He can really boost Miami's second unit.

SteveNash
11-16-2009, 08:36 PM
I hereby nominate this quote for ridiculous hater comment of the year. Can I get a second?

We know he's not better than Mike Conley, Will Bynum, and Mateen Cleaves.

Arroyo lit him up in the Olympics.

Quinn's a better defender than AI.

koreancabbage
11-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Toronto baby! come to Toronto- i know that's why we waived Quincy Douby! ROFL

Allen Iverson can at least stay in front of his man on defense!

so far Jack and Calderon have been duds on defense.

of course its a joke! about him coming to Toronto! not the part about our current PGs' defense though. sadly ROFL

Silent
11-16-2009, 08:49 PM
jsut stay far away from the bulls please ai

pd7631
11-16-2009, 08:51 PM

You're an idiot. It's just that simple.

kjoke
11-16-2009, 08:55 PM

be quite ur gonna embarrass your self

OutOfTHEBLUE
11-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Do you guys think he would be a good fit in Phoenix?

I'm not really sure...just thought I'd throw that idea out there. I know they want to limit Nash's minutes so they don't run the dude into the ground before the playoff start. :confused:

SteveNash
11-16-2009, 09:04 PM
You're an idiot. It's just that simple.

So if it's the end of the season and Chalmers/Quinn/Arroyo have a job and AI doesn't, what are you going to say.

be quite ur gonna embarrass your self

Your post is an embarrassment to the English language.

Gators123
11-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Well stevenash is right about that. Right now I would take Bynum Over Iverson all day.

Toenail Clipper
11-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Allen Iverson for a 10 day contract with the Clippers while Eric Gordon is hurt

Bruno
11-16-2009, 09:21 PM
He can help certain teams, he just needs to go somewhere where they need what he can do.

ProdigyI
11-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Iverson to the Bulls. Im calling it now

Listen everybody, if AI get's 35 minutes a game, he will score 24 PPG. PPl are just hating on him for his time in detroit. **** the haters.

This guy averaged 26 PPG 2 seasons ago and hasn't gotten the same minutes since then. Give him the minutes. Watch him produce.

Gators123
11-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Iverson to the Bulls. Im calling it now

Listen everybody, if AI get's 35 minutes a game, he will score 24 PPG. PPl are just hating on him for his time in detroit. **** the haters.

This guy averaged 26 PPG 2 seasons ago and hasn't gotten the same minutes since then. Give him the minutes. Watch him produce.

Do you actually want him to play next to rose?

ProdigyI
11-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Do you actually want him to play next to rose?

It would space the floor out. Rose said it himself. There's no lanes for him to drive in right now.

kjoke
11-16-2009, 09:32 PM
as a miami fan i would love to hve himhere

Gators123
11-16-2009, 09:42 PM
It would space the floor out. Rose said it himself. There's no lanes for him to drive in right now.

I don't think Iverson is the guy to do that. It may help a little but not much. He cant shoot 3's and hes not a great shooter. Hes almost 35 years old now,in Detroit he played 37MPG (and still complained about his minutes) and averaged 17ppg, shot 41%, and hes a year older.

WilymoPena
11-16-2009, 09:44 PM
AI TO CLEVELAND. HE CAN BE SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR.
HE RESPECTS LEBRON (THEY PLAYED WELL IN OLYMPICS) AND SHAQ

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AI a good teammate? Since when? That would never work.

Toenail Clipper
11-16-2009, 09:47 PM
I don't think Iverson is the guy to do that. It may help a little but not much. He cant shoot 3's and hes not a great shooter. Hes almost 35 years old now,in Detroit he played 37MPG (and still complained about his minutes) and averaged 17ppg, shot 41%, and hes a year older.

Your team ruined him.
lol

WilymoPena
11-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Your team ruined him.
lol

He ruined them, how lopsided was the Billups-Iverson deal?

Gators123
11-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Your team ruined him.
lol

He ruined himself, But curry did help a little. Look what he did in memphis

Gators123
11-16-2009, 09:53 PM
He ruined them, how lopsided was the Billups-Iverson deal?

Don't remind me. :facepalm:

DeadMemories
11-16-2009, 09:54 PM
With all the teams suggested, Most of these teams had all offseason to look and consider AI. But the only one that took a chance on him was the grizzlies, whats that say?

Jazzgear
11-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Cavs seem to be the perfect option for him now.

C-Shaq
PF-Varejao
SF-LBJ
SG-Iverson
PG-Mo

They will also have a very solid bench after that with Parker, West and Ilgauskas.

That right there would be the problem - both are undersized shooting guards....:speechless:

Jazzgear
11-16-2009, 10:05 PM

thanx

Can Sir?

Jazzgear
11-16-2009, 10:07 PM

He didn't make 3 Mil...ESPN reports that his settlement was 15% of 3 Mil.

Jazzgear
11-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Dummo.

Ditto

Hellcrooner
11-16-2009, 10:12 PM
wonder when manager will realize that painting white stripes on a black donkey does not turn it into a zebra

Jazzgear
11-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Well stevenash is right about that. Right now I would take Bynum Over Iverson all day.

+ 1/2:rolleyes:

Giaps
11-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Daily News reports the Knicks are interested... stay tuned.

Gators123
11-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Daily News reports the Knicks are interested... stay tuned.

Interesting...

Kakaroach
11-16-2009, 10:35 PM
What else did you expect after he took a leave of absence? Oh well, I would expect he retires now or goes to NY.

RocketsRule
11-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Knicks would seem to be a pretty good fit... but they are no championship contender either.

Giaps
11-16-2009, 10:37 PM
We are 1-9. With 30+ MPG he probably makes us better... by how much I don't know.

ProdigyI
11-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Iverson could make the Bulls a championship contender

IVERSON TO THE BULLS

ProdigyI
11-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Rose
Iverson
Deng
Tyrus
Noah

Bench:
Salmons
Hinrich
Miller

Giaps
11-16-2009, 10:42 PM
I don't see any way the Bulls would be interested...

Gators123
11-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Iverson could make the Bulls a championship contender

IVERSON TO THE BULLS

I am going to take that as a joke.

KH12
11-16-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't see any way the Bulls would be interested...

We aren't, some people just see the name and salivate at the shell of what once was.

AIsixersFK
11-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Great Move by the Grizzlies. Lets cut a future HOF and the best player on the team. It kills me how close Mike Conley Jrs numbers are to Allen Iverson's career numbers.

Basel
11-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Iverson to meet with NY exec

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/11/16/2009-11-16_iverson_could_be_answer_for_knicks.html?r=sport s%2Fbasketball%2Fknicks&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fsports%2Fbasketball %2Fknicks+%28Sports%2FBasketball%2FKnicks%29

:facepalm:

dodie53
11-16-2009, 10:53 PM
to NY?

ok.......

ProdigyI
11-16-2009, 10:56 PM
I am going to take that as a joke.

We, as a team, have nothing to lose. We're not a contender this year and with Iverson who knows. Expect the un-expected with my team. Also, Iverson would be a good mentor to Rose, who hasn't been as nearly as aggressive and he should be over these past 2 seasons so far.

Iverson and Rose COULD be something special.

theBraveRocket
11-16-2009, 10:56 PM

race has nothing to do with the matter. nobody said anything about race

Jonathan2323
11-16-2009, 10:57 PM
We, as a team, have nothing to lose. We're not a contender this year and with Iverson who knows. Expect the un-expected with my team. Also, Iverson would be a good mentor to Rose, who hasn't been as nearly as aggressive and he should be over these past 2 seasons so far.

JordansBulls
11-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Bulls need some scoring and getting Iverson helps that.

JordansBulls
11-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Rose
Iverson
Deng
Tyrus
Noah

Bench:
Salmons
Hinrich
Miller

Solid lineup.

KH12
11-16-2009, 11:02 PM

ProdigyI
11-16-2009, 11:02 PM

I watch Rose every game. He's very passive for his talent. If he was as agressive as Iverson, he'd be in talks for the MVP this year. But he's not. He's very passive and someone needs to light a fire under his butt.

If Iverson came here, Rose would learn the aggressiveness that Iverson has demonstrated throughout his career.

phoenix_bladen
11-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Iverson to meet with NY exec

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/11/16/2009-11-16_iverson_could_be_answer_for_knicks.html?r=sport s%2Fbasketball%2Fknicks&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fsports%2Fbasketball %2Fknicks+%28Sports%2FBasketball%2FKnicks%29

well the knicks really have nothing to lose at this point they are 1-9

getting iverson he will start at SG for sure and they could just move some of their contracts like hughes and or harrington

they could also get him for cheap and release him if he causes trouble

there is nothing to lose for the knicks

Jonathan2323
11-16-2009, 11:24 PM
why would he go to the knicks. it just tells everyone that its all about Iverson, he does not care about winning.

ZebraCity916
11-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Boston could use a back-up PG.

ink
11-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Please just end it.

ProdigyI
11-16-2009, 11:35 PM
im literally praying AI comes to the Bulls

ZebraCity916
11-16-2009, 11:36 PM

:laugh2:

JordansBulls
11-16-2009, 11:40 PM

:nod:

With how the Cavs, Magic, Celtics, Hawks and Heat are playing we would have no shot to beat them in a series. Maybe we can beat Miami, but Atlanta looks too good for us now. We need some more talent and a go to guy that can score and that would be Iverson.

I'd rather have T-mac, but since we can pick up Iverson for free I say that is the best move.

lakersrnumber1
11-16-2009, 11:41 PM
iverson will be good in cleveland or La dont b surprised if he goes to one of these teams. Lakers would b a better fit because there playin like **** right now and i believe he will start over d.fish. Cleveland is back to there old ways so he wont start over there

Bishnoff
11-16-2009, 11:48 PM
u know what. he said that if the team is winning then hes willing to come off the bench. i think he shud sign with a contender like cleveland or los angeles and make there bench the best bench in the nba and make them the favorites to win it all.

AI4MVP, are you still a Suns fan or have you jumped ship? I haven't seen you post in the Suns forums for ages.

FlakeyFool
11-17-2009, 12:01 AM
AI4MVP, are you still a Suns fan or have you jumped ship? I haven't seen you post in the Suns forums for ages.

he was posting in the raps forum awhile ago :p

AIverson
11-17-2009, 12:05 AM
I would rather Iverson retire than come off someone's bench. OJ Mayo is not on the same level as Iverson, I'm sorry. There was no reason for him to not start.

smith&wesson
11-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Clevland wanted jax, but failed to get him.
so maybe now they go after iverson, i dont see why not.

iverson can just easily take west's spot and start. give him 35 mins and he will still avg 20ppg. he would be a big help to lebron.

Toenail Clipper
11-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Send him to Bobcats, he can start as point guard and Felton can come off the bench.
They already got Stephen Jackson in a trade too!

AIverson
11-17-2009, 12:16 AM

iverson can just easily take west's spot and start. give him 35 mins and he will still avg 20ppg. he would be a big help to lebron.

People are so damn stupid they'll probably think the Cavs guards are all better than Iverson. :p

PLAYERS FAN
11-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Chronz where are you?

mzgrizz
11-17-2009, 12:37 AM

Bets he wish he could, too.......he didn't.

Chronz
11-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Chronz where are you?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11424195#post11424195

mzgrizz
11-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Wouldve made sense for AI to go to Charlotte but dunno now.

My guess, he doesn't go anywhere until January.

My guess is he goes to Atlantic City and not Tunica anymore!!

mzgrizz
11-17-2009, 12:55 AM

Hey bklyn, AI did NOT make $3 M; but a FRACTION of it. Even if you gave him 10/83; he MIGHT have gotten $400K....which is still $350K more than he was worth.
I figure he thought he could start over Conley, but Tinsley might have given him second thoughts. In all honesty, he looked to be 2/3 of the player he was when he played the 3 games.....all away games BTW. I think he's basically a lost man and Philly needs to take him back in from the cold.

SteveNash
11-17-2009, 01:58 AM

Did you not read about the negative influence AI had on Carmelo and JR Smith?

Bulls definitely don't need that, not with Rose/Tyrus/Del Negro.

I watch Rose every game. He's very passive for his talent. If he was as agressive as Iverson, he'd be in talks for the MVP this year. But he's not. He's very passive and someone needs to light a fire under his butt.

If Iverson came here, Rose would learn the aggressiveness that Iverson has demonstrated throughout his career.

How can Rose be aggressive if AI is taking the ball out of Rose's hands?

I would rather Iverson retire than come off someone's bench. OJ Mayo is not on the same level as Iverson, I'm sorry. There was no reason for him to not start.

Mayo was a level above Iverson.

Raph12
11-17-2009, 02:10 AM
Mayo was a level above Iverson.

18ppg on 43% shooting doesn't qualify as a level above 27+ppg on 43% shooting, that's only the scoring, haven't even touched on the playmaking yet.

Of course Mayo is young, so he has a long way to go before we can say who is better.

SteveNash
11-17-2009, 02:30 AM
18ppg on 43% shooting doesn't qualify as a level above 27+ppg on 43% shooting, that's only the scoring, haven't even touched on the playmaking yet.

Of course Mayo is young, so he has a long way to go before we can say who is better.

We're talking about the now, not career numbers.

Of course Mayo's numbers are skewed because he shoots more threes.

Of course if you look at effective FG% which takes into accounts threes, Mayo had a higher eFG% than AI did during any season in AI's ENTIRE CAREER.

Raph12
11-17-2009, 03:08 AM
We're talking about the now, not career numbers.

Of course Mayo's numbers are skewed because he shoots more threes.

Of course if you look at effective FG% which takes into accounts threes, Mayo had a higher eFG% than AI did during any season in AI's ENTIRE CAREER.

Mayo is not the only offensive option in Memphis, last season they had Gay, Gasol and Conley all providing offense for the Grizz, this season they've added Randolph. Prior to his stay in Denver, when was the last time Iverson had the supporting offensive firepower that the Grizz have around Mayo? AI was the only/primary focal point in Philly for years and did what he felt was necessary to win.

Right now, Iverson is a way better playmaker than Mayo and even a much better defender, which is really saying something. Mayo is just a scorer/chucker plain and simple, AI can not only create a shot for himself but he can get to the rim, draw fouls and create for others as well.

JayW_1023
11-17-2009, 06:48 AM

West can at least guard someone...so...uhm...no.

SteveNash
11-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Mayo is not the only offensive option in Memphis, last season they had Gay, Gasol and Conley all providing offense for the Grizz, this season they've added Randolph. Prior to his stay in Denver, when was the last time Iverson had the supporting offensive firepower that the Grizz have around Mayo? AI was the only/primary focal point in Philly for years and did what he felt was necessary to win.

Right now, Iverson is a way better playmaker than Mayo and even a much better defender, which is really saying something. Mayo is just a scorer/chucker plain and simple, AI can not only create a shot for himself but he can get to the rim, draw fouls and create for others as well.

What Iverson has done in his career has not been impressive. 90% of starting guards would have done a better job then he did had they gotten the same number of shots.

Mayo at a young age has already surpassed Iverson's peak, it's really amazing, Iverson should have stayed on to learn some basketball fundamentals from Mayo. As Bubba Chuck is the biggest chucker in NBA history, to criticize Mayo for chucking is laughable.

Raph12
11-17-2009, 08:14 PM
What Iverson has done in his career has not been impressive. 90% of starting guards would have done a better job then he did had they gotten the same number of shots.

Mayo at a young age has already surpassed Iverson's peak, it's really amazing, Iverson should have stayed on to learn some basketball fundamentals from Mayo. As Bubba Chuck is the biggest chucker in NBA history, to criticize Mayo for chucking is laughable.

Dude your a douche, Mayo had higher EFG%, but AI had much higher TS% a bunch of times throughout his career and if you think Mayo could perform better than Iverson with the same defensive attention AI was getting, then you my friend have lost your mind.

All Mayo is, is a scorer and not a great one at that.

Haters will continue to hate, but fact is, AI will be inducted in the HOF and you will be sitting here on PSD talking about it.

SteveNash
11-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Dude your a douche, Mayo had higher EFG%, but AI had much higher TS% a bunch of times throughout his career and if you think Mayo could perform better than Iverson with the same defensive attention AI was getting, then you my friend have lost your mind.

All Mayo is, is a scorer and not a great one at that.

Haters will continue to hate, but fact is, AI will be inducted in the HOF and you will be sitting here on PSD talking about it.

AI is better a flopping then Mayo. Of course AI also had the ball in his hands so often, he was bound to get fouled raising his FT% and in turn raising his TS%.

Also, you must not watch Mayo's game, he takes a lot of contest shots and makes them, the same shots AI takes and misses.

Mayo isn't the greatest of scorers, but he was a rookie last year and as a rookie he showed a better scoring mentality than AI ever has.

As for the HoF, plenty of crap players made it, so it's not much of an accomplishment.

j-mart
11-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Practice?

Raph12
11-18-2009, 02:55 AM
AI is better a flopping then Mayo. Of course AI also had the ball in his hands so often, he was bound to get fouled raising his FT% and in turn raising his TS%.

Also, you must not watch Mayo's game, he takes a lot of contest shots and makes them, the same shots AI takes and misses.

Mayo isn't the greatest of scorers, but he was a rookie last year and as a rookie he showed a better scoring mentality than AI ever has.

As for the HoF, plenty of crap players made it, so it's not much of an accomplishment.

Mayo never takes it to the basket unless he's on a breakaway so no wonder he doesn't get fouled enough.

I watch Mayo's game and his contested jumpers get nowhere near the same attention AI got in Philly.

AI as a rookie was a better scorer and a better playmaker than Mayo, not to mention a better defender, which doesn't say much for Mayo.

So you don't think making the HOF isn't a great accomplishment and you also don't think winning awards are great accomplishments as well. I guess the only thing you look at is rings, in which case, Robert Horry is one of several GOAT players to play the game.

pd7631
11-18-2009, 03:04 AM

Have you ever seen AI play in his prime, or did you just start watching basketball 2 years ago?

You have nothing concrete to back up why you think AI is a bad player. All your opinion ever amounts to is, "AI never became a true pg, therefore he sucks."

Making the HOF is not much of an accomplishment? Did you really say that?

Get the sand out pal....

theuuord
11-18-2009, 03:09 AM

Can you verify that?

Whether or not you agree that Iverson's effects on offense because of his insane usage rate were positive or negative, it's very difficult to maintain the level of efficiency that Iverson did while using the amount of possessions he did in his prime. I personally would argue that especially in the Finals year this holds out; if Iverson had taken say only 25% of possessions the team's offensive efficiency deteriorates rapidly.

Any study done about usage rates shows that the more possessions most players take, the more rapidly their efficiency drops. it's like a cliff. Iverson's graph is one of those rare exceptions that doesn't fall off instantaneously.

Toenail Clipper
11-18-2009, 03:13 AM

At least Allen Iverson has taken the Philadelphia 76ers to the Finals, has OJ Mayo accomplished anything so great?
OJ Mayo is a great player, but saying that he's way better than Allen Iverson is an insult.

ink
11-18-2009, 11:58 AM
This one is talked out. We'll keep one thread open for people to discuss where AI will end up.

ink
11-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Please follow this link to the new thread - http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427262