PDA

View Full Version : Bulls.com Writer Sam Smith has a trade that would send Chris Paul to the Warriors

Stunner
11-16-2009, 05:28 PM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_091116.html

Chronz
11-16-2009, 05:35 PM
I wrote about this in my blow it up thread and it seems to be gaining speed. The first guy who realized CP3 would have to go was Bill Simmons. New Orleans was always too small a market for him anyways.

ManRam
11-16-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm not one to bash columnists and beat writers...but Sam Smith sucks. Everything I read from him sounds like a 13 year-old who sits in his mom's basement thinking of clever things...without doing any actual reporting or interviewing. I read random trade ideas like this every day here...he just takes the time to write 20 paragraphs about it to make it seem like he's actually on to something. Until there is communication between the two teams, and players are being talked about...I don't think it's worth the time to speculate these kind of things.

Not gonna happen. Why is he getting paid to come up with NBA 2K trade ideas?

I think CP3 will be traded soon...however.

AI4MVP
11-16-2009, 05:38 PM
sam smith is a muthr fukin ******. hes honeslty the dumbest person in basketball, and 80% of PSD posters are smarter then this guy. nothing he says ever happens. i dont know who the **** gave this douche media credibility. this is the same fuktard that said lebron could be traded to the lakers. please close this thread for the simple fact that it has just as much credibility has some random basketball fan talking about a trade that he can make in nba 2k10

Raps18-19 Champ
11-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Paul is worth more than Ellis and Randolph.

Stunner
11-16-2009, 05:39 PM
I wrote about this in my blow it up thread and it seems to be gaining speed. The first guy who realized CP3 would have to go was Bill Simmons. New Orleans was always too small a market for him anyways.

yeah it is but u know what i know sum Hornets fans might not like it but he might be a good trade because how things are going now u really dont know what your star player might to do when they are losing like this, he can say one thing and mean another. Mine as well get sumtin for him if he does leave u get nothing for him.

jetsfan28
11-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Why would NO, a team who badly needs money, trade for Ellis? Paul should be traded, but that's not the deal.

Lizard King
11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Rose, Hinrich, and Thomas for Paul and West.

Chronz
11-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Paul is worth more than Ellis and Randolph.
I dont like that deal either, but try thinking of a deal that meets both teams needs. Its not easy

FlakeyFool
11-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Calderon, Bargnani and a 1st for paul

Raps18-19 Champ
Bosh and Calderon for Paul and West.

C-Bargnani
PF-West
SF-Turkoglu
SG-Derozan
PG-Paul

C-Okafor
PF-Bosh
SF-Stojakovic
SG-Wright
PG-Calderon

Stunner
Everybody overreacting he jus giving ideas of course it wouldnt jus be Ellis and Randolph prob Curry or Morrow sum 1st round draft pics and then of course there would be a second trade that would involve West getting trade some where and getting more young players back another 1st round pick. It would suck to see CP3 not in a Hornets jersey but anything can happen guys in the NBA would u have thought we see all these stacked teams in the league this day and age with the money problems?

Lizard King
11-16-2009, 05:46 PM

Or...

Rose, Pargo, Thomas, and James for Paul and West.

Saves NO a ton of money, plus it replaces CP3 with another franchise PG.

Lizard King
11-16-2009, 05:46 PM

My deal beats yours lol.

Stunner
11-16-2009, 05:47 PM
or...

Rose, pargo, thomas, and james for paul and west.

Saves no a ton of money, plus it replaces cp3 with another franchise pg.

not trading rose i know its cp3 but i jus cant bare with it but for lebron yes.

Chronz
11-16-2009, 05:48 PM

Thomas is a free agent after this year so retaining him could prove tricky but yea hes a must include player. But Hinrich is the kind of commitment they are trying to avoid.

An offer of Rose+Thomas+Jerome+Salmons

for

CP3+Posey+West+Thornton

Lizard King
You wouldn't trade Rose for CP3? It's like Thunder not trading Durant for LeBron.

Raps18-19 Champ
The Bulls offer would actually sound legit if it was around Paul and Rose.

SteveNash
11-16-2009, 05:49 PM
The obvious trading partner is the Golden State Warriors, who have a terrific fan base and dysfunctional situation.

With a team of perimeter shooters, Paul would be the classic fit. The only time this Warriors group had success was with a point guard, Baron Davis. And by now it seems coach Don Nelson has alienated half the roster, a roster much better than its record.

Perhaps Paul and someone like Julian Wright, who'd fallen out of favor, for Monta Ellis and LSU's Anthony Randolph to give the Hornets two talented youngsters while Golden State gets its star to run its offense. Golden State also adds a draft pick. How good would shooters like Anthony Morrow and Stephen Curry be playing off Paul? Such a deal would also save the Hornets more than $2 million toward their vital goal of getting under the luxury tax this season since you can match salaries within 25 percent. It might send the Warriors into the luxury tax, but for a player like Paul given their situation you'd have to strongly consider that.

Terrible deal. Why would Paul like Golden State so much better, because Baron succeeded with a completely different team then the one they have now? And why the hell would New Orleans take Ellis whose damaged goods and has a contract that won't expire until 2014?

Lizard King
11-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Thomas is a free agent after this year so retaining him could prove tricky but yea hes a must include player. But Hinrich is the kind of commitment they are trying to avoid.

An offer of Rose+Thomas+Jerome+Salmons

for

CP3+Posey+West+Thornton

Posey in a Bulls uniform is like Tim Duncan in a Suns uniform.

Rose, Pargo, Thomas, and James for Paul and West

Chronz
11-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Or...

Rose, Pargo, Thomas, and James for Paul and West.

Saves NO a ton of money, plus it replaces CP3 with another franchise PG.

They want more than 1 year stopgap for David West, they could get Rose for CP3 without even thinking of giving up West so why would they give up so much for no reason?

Stunner
11-16-2009, 05:51 PM
You wouldn't trade Rose for CP3? It's like Thunder not trading Durant for LeBron.

IN KNOW it may sound crazy but that my homie and been watchin him play forever jus cant bare with it. and u dont know Durant might be better than Lebron one day u dont know i would rather stick it out with my franchise player than trade him to another team and better than the player we got.

Chronz
11-16-2009, 05:52 PM

Ask the Suns if they would say no to Tim Duncan joining there team, then ask them if they would prevent CP3 from joining their team because they didnt like the role player that came with him.

That deal would probably insult NOH

Raps18-19 Champ
11-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Rose, Miller, Thomas, Salmons and like 3 first round picks for Paul, Okafor, and Peterson.

AI4MVP
actually when i think about it, the best trading partner would be the chicago bulls. obvioulsy for the bulls, any team would love to have chris paul, and as for the hornets, it looks like its time to rebuild, and how many beter players to start that with then derrick rose?

SteveNash

Or Rodman in a Bulls uniform?

Devin Harris + Brook Lopez + 1st for Paul.

Chronz
11-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Terrible deal. Why would Paul like Golden State so much better, because Baron succeeded with a completely different team then the one they have now? And why the hell would New Orleans take Ellis whose damaged goods and has a contract that won't expire until 2014?

Yea hes a moron, but lets move on. What deal can you come up with that solves all their problems?

29$JerZ
Even if NO is in financial trouble they aren't going to trade CP3 for relief unless they get a ton of value back.

They'd probably want 1 or 2 first rounder, probably 2.
The trading team has to take either Mo's or Peja's contract
And give back a young PG

How many teams can actually pull that off and still want to do it?

Chronz

Yea hes a moron, but lets move on. What deal can you come up with that solves all their problems?... oh wait you answered that in my thread

Cmon put forth some effort

Raps18-19 Champ
11-16-2009, 05:55 PM

C-Bargnani
PF-West
SF-Turkoglu
SG-Derozan
PG-Paul

C-Okafor
PF-Bosh
SF-Stojakovic
SG-Wright
PG-Calderon

Lizard King
11-16-2009, 05:58 PM
They want more than 1 year stopgap for David West, they could get Rose for CP3 without even thinking of giving up West so why would they give up so much for no reason?

Umm...they're rebuilding from scratch. Why would they keep West and his contract for no reason? Tyrus is an expiring along with Jerome James. They'll have so much more cap space with this trade. West is nearing 30, so there's no point to keeping him.

Chronz
11-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Even if NO is in financial trouble they aren't going to trade CP3 for relief unless they get a ton of value back.

They'd probably want 1 or 2 first rounder, probably 2.
The trading team has to take either Mo's or Peja's contract
And give back a young PG

How many teams can actually pull that off and still want to do it?

Yup thats the basic problem, oh and they have to be talented enough or historically smart franchise to get CP3 to stay. Im looking......

abe_froman
11-16-2009, 06:00 PM
IN KNOW it may sound crazy but that my homie and been watchin him play forever jus cant bare with it. and u dont know Durant might be better than Lebron one day u dont know i would rather stick it out with my franchise player than trade him to another team and better than the player we got.

its a pretty safe bet that he wont be

SteveNash
11-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Yea hes a moron, but lets move on. What deal can you come up with that solves all their problems?... oh wait you answered that in my thread

Cmon put forth some effort

New Orleans should absolutely not feel like they have to trade Paul. Unless they get a nice deal like the one I mentioned.

Trading him would be much better during the off-season as it will be easier for them to offload some more of their bad contracts. Shouldn't be that hard once teams realize they're not going to sign LeBron/Wade/Bosh yet still cap room where the salaries don't have to be even.

randomness
11-16-2009, 06:04 PM
I bet the Nets would trade Harris, Yi and CDR for CP3 to attract free agents in 2010.. the only problem is would the hornets accept that?

Lizard King
11-16-2009, 06:09 PM

Umm...they're rebuilding from scratch. Why would they keep West and his contract for no reason? Tyrus is an expiring along with Jerome James. They'll have so much more cap space with this trade. West is nearing 30, so there's no point to keeping him.

Kdirt
11-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Ellis, AR, and our first round pick, which looks like a top 5 pick currently. Seems pretty fair considering what Randolph will become with consistent minutes and good coaching.

Chronz
11-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Aside from the aforementioned Chicago deal, these are the following packages I could think of for CP3 that meet both his and his former teams needs.

Houston
Aaron Brooks+Tmac+Dorsey+Cook = 28.5M (27 of that expiring with Brooks on books for 2M till next year)
FOR
CP3+Peja OR Posey+Peterson 27M

If either side feels its too much the 2 have spare parts that could make it work from a talent standpoint.

PS If all New Orleans wants is salary relief for West then the Cavs could work out a sign and trade with Wally, pretty good bargaining chip.

heyman321
11-16-2009, 06:16 PM

C-Bargnani
PF-West
SF-Turkoglu
SG-Derozan
PG-Paul

C-Okafor
PF-Bosh
SF-Stojakovic
SG-Wright
PG-Calderon

Terrible deal for both sides. That's basically the same team for the Raptors, just swapping PFs and PGs.

Stunner
11-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Aside from the aforementioned Chicago deal, these are the following packages I could think of for CP3 that meet both his and his former teams needs.

Houston
Aaron Brooks+Tmac+Dorsey+Cook = 28.5M (27 of that expiring with Brooks on books for 2M till next year)
FOR
CP3+Peja OR Posey+Peterson 27M

If either side feels its too much the 2 have spare parts that could make it work from a talent standpoint.

PS If all New Orleans wants is salary relief for West then the Cavs could work out a sign and trade with Wally, pretty good bargaining chip.

i doubt this really this trade looks like arron brooks for CP3 plus not enough young talent coming the hornets way. Really the Warriors have the most young talnet to offer the Hornets.

Chronz
11-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Umm...they're rebuilding from scratch. Why would they keep West and his contract for no reason?
Actually its the other way around, why would they throw him in the deal for no reason? Its not like they need him to pump up CP3 trade value, especially given the other contracts on the team.

Tyrus is an expiring along with Jerome James. They'll have so much more cap space with this trade. West is nearing 30, so there's no point to keeping him.

Thats why they would get more than just cap space for West, they will package him in a deal that would take one of their REALLY BAD contracts. Not the guy whos actually showing up for work.

Lizard King
11-16-2009, 06:19 PM
They're getting Tyrus Thomas. It's not like we're giving them garbage. Who knows how Thomas turns out in NO?

masalex1205
11-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Terrible deal for both sides. That's basically the same team for the Raptors, just swapping PFs and PGs.

Yeah, Paul and Calderon are pretty much an even swap...

Chronz
11-16-2009, 06:21 PM
i doubt this really this trade looks like arron brooks for CP3 plus not enough young talent coming the hornets way. Really the Warriors have the most young talnet to offer the Hornets.
Put it this way find me a deal that puts the Hornets in a better position
If the Hornets rid themselves of Posey and Peterson with CP3 they could have, depending on the cap limit, anywhere in between 5-9 million in cap space to sign additional players.

29$JerZ
11-16-2009, 06:23 PM
The only young PG's who are stars or potential stars are Devin Harris and Derrick Rose. I don't think NO wants Paul to stay in the West if they were to trade him.

NJ could offer Harris/Lee/Yi/Simmons/2 first rounders and get Chris Paul with Peja's contract

But why would NJ do that when 2010 is looming?

Chronz
11-16-2009, 06:24 PM
They're getting Tyrus Thomas. It's not like we're giving them garbage. Who knows how Thomas turns out in NO?
You just said his value was as an expiring contract, if the Hornets have to pay to keep him then they are spending more money right. Thats why they wouldnt take the deal, otherwise they are better off in year 2 just keeping CP3 around anyways.

Its why the Monta Ellis deal makes zero sense. You need to give them a player that will give them a chance to rebuild while hes making nill.

Point being they could get that deal without giving up one of their better assets.

They know they are giving up the best player in the deal, they dont have to give up the 2nd best player on top of that for no reason.

mjt20mik
11-16-2009, 06:25 PM

I don't understand how it's terrible. NO gets some cap relief at the end of this year with Bosh, as well as a solid pg. Raptors get a great PG who could really thrive in Triano's free offense.

Chronz
11-16-2009, 06:31 PM
I don't understand how it's terrible. NO gets some cap relief at the end of this year with Bosh, as well as a solid pg. Raptors get a great PG who could really thrive in Triano's free offense.

The point of trading a superstar while has it his peak value is that the talent isnt also part of the salary compensation.

Like it would be an amazing deal if Bosh was still on his rookie scale and making like 5 Million for 1 more year before getting paid, but the deal made possible with a huge expiring contract that they could then waive and save money.

That way they save the money and have the replacement, but if all theyre doing is swapping long term contracts then it serves no purpose.

camador22
11-16-2009, 06:36 PM
There are 6 players in this league that have a 0 percent chance of being traded

1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Dwight
5. Duncan
6. CP3

Chronz
11-16-2009, 06:38 PM
The only young PG's who are stars or potential stars are Devin Harris and Derrick Rose. I don't think NO wants Paul to stay in the West if they were to trade him.

NJ could offer Harris/Lee/Yi/Simmons/2 first rounders and get Chris Paul with Peja's contract

Devin Harris is the perfect piece needed to get this deal to work. Hes in his prime and will never make above double figures for the next 4 seasons.

They could probably work something out where they save as much 2010 cap space as possible by switching long term contracts just giving them shorter deals. It would also give them more talent in the process, guys like Dooling, Najera, T-Will for Peterson/Posey. It wont really effect NJ 2010 plan because those guys are on the books anyways and provide NOH incentive to trade CP3 for a guy who will make almost half the amount yet provide 80% of similar production

mjt20mik
11-16-2009, 06:40 PM
The point of trading a superstar while has it his peak value is that the talent isnt also part of the salary compensation.

Like it would be an amazing deal if Bosh was still on his rookie scale and making like 5 Million for 1 more year before getting paid, but the deal made possible with a huge expiring contract that they could then waive and save money.

That way they save the money and have the replacement, but if all theyre doing is swapping long term contracts then it serves no purpose.

Fair enough. I would think something along the lines of a

Peja + Paul for Bosh + Calderon would be more probable..

But seems like a horrible trade for the Raptors

SchyGuy11
11-16-2009, 06:41 PM
not trading rose i know its cp3 but i jus cant bare with it but for lebron yes.

agreed i don't want to part with rose

Chronz
11-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Fair enough. I would think something along the lines of a

Peja + Paul for Bosh + Calderon would be more probable..

But seems like a horrible trade for the Raptors

Yup no way Toronto takes that deal unless they know for sure Bosh is leaving. Its not easy finding the perfect trade is it?

Raps18-19 Champ
11-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Mo Williams, Shaq and Ilgauskas for Paul, Peterson and Okafor.

Hornets get over 30 mil off the books by the end of the year and can rebuild.

Raps18-19 Champ

KH12
Rule #1, don't listen to Sam Smith.

mjt20mik
11-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Yup no way Toronto takes that deal unless they know for sure Bosh is leaving. Its not easy finding the perfect trade is it?

No team can find the perfect trade. It's just risks you have to take i guess. Toronto could be really good with those two (likely not with Bosh leaving and Peja coming in). But like every trade has its own uncertainties.

Chronz
11-16-2009, 06:52 PM
What about to Miami? They got Jermaines mega deal, they got the prospects (Beasley+Chalmers) and a plethora of other expiring contracts with reasonable production (Udonis/Q)

They could do any kind of deal they want

Chronz
11-16-2009, 06:54 PM

Yea that one seems reasonable, you get alot of money off the books, you waive those guys and they can go where they wish. I thought of that one but ultimately decided no way is Mo Williams enough for an MVP contender. Even though he has a modest salary I think Id want Devin instead.

Ethix11
11-16-2009, 06:54 PM
sam smith sucks

Hoopsadvocate
11-16-2009, 06:57 PM

Best trade i've read so far. I agree that if CP3 goes peja' contract also has to go. And Harris is a good compensation for cp3 add lee and 2 1st rounders and it gives the Hornets cheap good young players to rebuild with. NJ has a top 5 player to make B Lopez and the other young players even better add in a max or close to max contract they can still add and thats a solid team. No point in waiting for 2010 if u can get a top 5 player now... If the HEAT had the players they want id do it in a second.

Raps18-19 Champ
I know the Spurs won't to this for chemistry reasons but their team would look so cool and would be great on defense.

Parker, Bonner and Ginobli for Okafor, Peterson and Paul.

C-Okafor, Mcdyess
PF-Duncan, Blair
SF-Richardson, Finley
SG-Peterson, Mason
PG-Paul, Hill

goldenstater

since when is 20-5-5 damaged goods? dude is 100% healthy. but not a point at all and the contract is long for sure. paul would explode in our system though even though i hate nellie its perfect for paul, plus we have two of the top five 3 point shooters % wise in the nba in morrow and azibuke( all depending ion who would be included in this trade of course) and biendrins who finishes around the rim extremely well. we would be in the same position now though great scoring no D. wish the hornets would take nellie and our ownership too in the trade:D

Raps18-19 Champ
11-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Rudy Gay, Conley and Marc Gasol for Okafor, Peterson and Paul.

C-Thabeet
PF-Randolph
SF-Peterson
SG-Mayo
PG-Paul

Raps18-19 Champ
11-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Jennings, Bogut and Redd for Paul, Okafor and Peterson.

Redd is expiring at seasons end and Jennings is a beast.

KH12
11-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Jennings, Bogut and Redd for Paul, Okafor and Peterson.

Redd is expiring at seasons end and Jennings is a beast.

Redd has an $18M player option for next season, I doubt he opts out.

deuces
11-16-2009, 07:13 PM
g state honestly has the pieces to trad for anybody

MJ-BULLS
11-16-2009, 07:30 PM
rose hinrich thomas for paul and west

pg-paul
sg-salmons
sf-deng
pf-west
c-noah

Vinny642
11-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Paul is not going f***ing anywhere, god these BS threads are annoying.

asandhu23
11-16-2009, 07:36 PM
someone needs to get out of the weed cafe they have in Portland now. ( see general discussions for the reference )

nipo10847
11-16-2009, 07:46 PM

who are they??

JWO35
11-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Richard Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Rodney Stuckey, 1st rounder
for
Chris Paul and Peja(filler)

-Pistons-
PG. Chris Paul
SG. Ben Gordon
SF. Jonas Jerebko
PF. Charlie Villanueva
C. Ben Wallace

-Hornets-
PG. Rodney Stuckey
SG. Richard Hamilton
SF. Tayshaun Prince
PF. David West
C. Emeka Okafor

mikantsass
11-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Just another stupid thread posted by a Bulls fan dreaming that their team will one day be good again. So far on PSD I have heard the Bulls are going to trade for Boozer, Wade, Bosh, Amare and now Paul. NOONE WANTS THE BULLS" ******* PLAYERS. keep dreaming.

Draco
11-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Just another stupid thread posted by a Bulls fan dreaming that their team will one day be good again. So far on PSD I have heard the Bulls are going to trade for Boozer, Wade, Bosh, Amare and now Paul. NOONE WANTS THE BULLS" ******* PLAYERS. keep dreaming.

Actually the Paul trade idea had him going to the Warriors.. it's even written in the thread title. But I guess you didn't "hear" that on PSD.

JasonJohnHorn
11-16-2009, 08:13 PM
The first guy who realized CP3 would have to go was Bill Simmons. New Orleans was always too small a market for him anyways.

I agree that CP3 will likely be traded sooner or later, but I don't think it has to do with the market being too small. New Orleans loves him, and I think he'd stay if things were going well, but the real problem is that the Hornets are not making money and have huge contracts: Okafor, CP3, Peja and West all make enough to put the team up near the cap and contracts for Mo Pete and Posey aren't so small either. Their problem is money. If they made money hand over fist like the Knicks, they'd have no issues. But with the contracts they have its just not possible to build ontop of what they have, and what they have isn't good enough to compete unless everybody is healthy.

Jonathan2323
11-16-2009, 08:14 PM

C-Bargnani
PF-West
SF-Turkoglu
SG-Derozan
PG-Paul

C-Okafor
PF-Bosh
SF-Stojakovic
SG-Wright
PG-Calderon

if i were the Raptors i would do it because Bosh is not staying in Toronto.

Vinny642
11-16-2009, 08:15 PM
I will bet my life he wont be traded.(Or demand a trade)

asandhu23
11-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Actually the Paul trade idea had him going to the Warriors.. it's even written in the thread title. But I guess you didn't "hear" that on PSD.

:ouch:

mikantsass
11-16-2009, 08:20 PM

Yes the article says he goes to GS, but you Bulls fans are making ******** trade proposals.

We'll give you Noah, Gibson, Miller for Paul and West.... Bla bla bla

Mell413
11-16-2009, 08:26 PM
I stopped reading when I saw the name Sam Smith

Vinny642
11-16-2009, 08:26 PM
People really do not know how valuable is, please stop with these horrible proposals, your embarassing, ME, Paul, Bower, and the whole Hornets organization.

Gators123
11-16-2009, 08:32 PM
He wont be traded, Its not even worth talking about

Silent
11-16-2009, 08:47 PM
My deal beats yours lol.

both your deals suck

thedfactor
11-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Sam Smith...that's when my interest left.

dtmagnet
11-16-2009, 09:04 PM
I don't think it's ever possible to get fair value for a player like Paul, they can get some decent young pieces and package Paul with a big contract or two but they'd have to decide what they want more of: talent return or financial flexibility?

Ray_R
11-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Sam smith is the worst writer ever

arkanian215
11-16-2009, 09:07 PM
this makes no sense... why would new orleans trade their best chip for that... first to could be okafor, posey, mo pete, peja if they wanted to just dump.

arkanian215
11-16-2009, 09:07 PM
^:clap: this guy

RaptorizedKevin
11-16-2009, 09:11 PM
calderon, bargnani and a 1st for paul

calderon turkoglu for paul :]

shep33
11-16-2009, 09:16 PM

C-Bargnani
PF-West
SF-Turkoglu
SG-Derozan
PG-Paul

C-Okafor
PF-Bosh
SF-Stojakovic
SG-Wright
PG-Calderon

That'd be sick for thr Raps, but I wouldn't trade Paul for anyone (besides Wade, Lebron, or D12). The guy is a top 5 player in the league, and the best pg in the league. No way they'd trade Paul for Bosh and Calderon either, even if you take West out of the deal. Obviously Bosh would just finish out the year with the Hornets then sign for another team, and Calderon is overrated big time. So basically if this trade went through it'd be Paul and West for Calderon (and Bosh for 70 games). In all honesty, the only guys I'd really look at for Paul would be like Derron Williams or Brandon Roy. I know CP3 might get upset about his team being bad, but he's easily one of the top 5 players in the league, and was putting up unheard of numbers for a pg before his injury.

More-Than-Most
11-16-2009, 09:17 PM
sixers need to jump all over this...give them whatever they want...

Ovratd1up
11-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Six pages and no mention of Portland?

Andre Miller, Rudy Fernandez, Travis Outlaw, Jared Bayless, and 2 first round picks for Paul, Devin Brown

Portland: Finals a plenty in the future for this team.
Paul/Blake/Mills
Roy/Brown
Batum/Webster
Aldridge/Howard
Oden/Pryzbilla

New Orleans: Would remain competitive in West with real 4th/5th options, look strong for the future.
Miller/Collison/Bayless
Fernandez/Peterson/Posey
Outlaw/Stojakavic/Wright
West/I don't know the ****en NO backups
Okafor/Armstrong

fishfan79
11-16-2009, 09:31 PM
chalmers, beasley, 2 1st rounders in 2010?

VCaintdead17
11-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Jason Kapono,Thadeus Young, Jrue Holiday, 2010 first rounder, 2011 Second Rounder, Maresse Speights, FOR CP3 would be an incredibly fair deal for both teams IMO.

More-Than-Most
11-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Jason Kapono,Thadeus Young, Jrue Holiday, 2010 first rounder, 2011 Second Rounder, Maresse Speights, FOR CP3 would be an incredibly fair deal for both teams IMO.

Would not give both speights and young... Let a lone Speights young and Holiday... that is 4 first rounders lol. Probably take thad out of the deal though and send them speights... Love thad.

VCaintdead17
11-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Would not give both speights and young... Let a lone Speights young and Holiday... that is 4 first rounders lol. Probably take thad out of the deal though and send them speights... Love thad.

While Thad will be a great player and all, its Chris ****ing Paul. The best point guard in the league as of right now and will probably continue to be the best point guard in the league for the next 10 years. A CP3-Iggy combo would be deadly, plus he could revitalize Elton Brand's career as well.

Vinny642
11-16-2009, 09:44 PM
While Thad will be a great player and all, its Chris ****ing Paul. The best point guard in the league as of right now and will probably continue to be the best point guard in the league for the next 10 years. A CP3-Iggy combo would be deadly, plus he could revitalize Elton Brand's career as well.

Exactly people are underrating the crap out of Paul now, embarrassing offer :pity: you guys make bad GMs

LayZbone
11-16-2009, 09:44 PM
chalmers, beasley, 2 1st rounders in 2010?

they would probably want to dump more contracts on us in the deal.....like Okafor and Posey for J.O'Neal.

But I really don't see Riley compromising the 2010 plan. The Heat has to protect itself....because if Wade leaves, we're screwed with those long *** contracts. Though I'd imagine Wade would have no problems re-signing if we had Paul & Okafor.

JordansBulls
11-16-2009, 11:02 PM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_091116.html

CP3 to Portland would be good.

effen5
11-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Yes the article says he goes to GS, but you Bulls fans are making ******** trade proposals.

u mad

lmfao

Lizard King
11-17-2009, 03:13 AM

Wait, right now show me who proposed Noah, Gibson, and Miller for Paul and West. Show me right now and I swear on everything I'll mail you $1,000 and the keys to my 2008 Dodge Ram hemi.

If you can't find it, mail me your mother and I'll **** her and record it for you.

It's a deal. Now **** off.

asandhu23
11-17-2009, 03:15 AM
there may be something to Stephen Curry working out with Chris Paul this offseason. This weird idea was brought up by my brother.

edison_yia
11-17-2009, 03:32 AM
chris paul would never go to golden states..he would be in the position he is in right now...he needs to go to toronto to play along side bosh

ldc62
11-17-2009, 08:02 AM
3 Team trade between NO, Houston and OKC

NO trades:
Chris Paul and Songaila to the Rockets
David West, Morris Peterson, Bobby Brown to the Thunder

Houston Trades:
2 1st round picks, Tmac, A. Brooks and Bundinger to the Hornets
2nd round pick to the Thunder

OKC Trades:
Kristic to the Rockets
Etan Thomas and this years draft pick to the Hornets

This would work out because Tmac is in his last year of his contract. New Orleans gets rid of their 2 biggest contracts and get some young talent as well as some draft picks back.
Houston gets CP3... enough said
New Orleans finally gets a scoring PF that their team sorely needs. I know they have Jeff Green, but now Jeff can go back to his natural position (SF).

Starting 5 for Each Team (Wins according to Hollingers projected stats)
Chris Paul
Shane Battier
Trevor Ariza
Luis Scola
N. Kristic/Yao
+19

A. Brooks
Tmac (Hes going to play soon)
Peja
Okafor
Etan Thomas
-41 Wins

Russel Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Jeff Green
David West
Nick Collison
+4 wins

I know NO will be really bad, but they do have 5 first round picks in the next 2 years.

cmstophe
11-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Sam Smith is a loser. See "LeBron will be a Laker."

Vinny642
11-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Seriously there was never a point in Pauls career where he said anything EVER about leaving the Hornets, seriously this article is just a BS opinion from a BS ignorant writer, seriously you guys make these crazy things off, just because someone is mad doesnt mean he wants to leave.

arkanian215
11-17-2009, 05:40 PM
imo any trade that has paul moving would involve the other teams involved taking mo pete, posey, peja and or okafor. their majority owner is only worth close to $100 mil. they have a team salary of 73 mil and that's going up. i dont think he can sustain the team for much longer especially if he has other things on his mind.