PDA

View Full Version : Warriors trade Jackson to Bobcats

JordansBulls
11-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqhwnBxNbkK2w1xKO7VnTre8vLYF?slug=ys-jacksontrade111609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

The Golden State Warriors have agreed in principle to send Stephen Jackson to the Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for Raja Bell and Vladimir Radmanovic, NBA sources said Monday morning.

The deal also would send Warriors guard Acie Law to the Bobcats.

Hollywood Butt
11-16-2009, 12:06 PM
thank u god the cancer has left us

lakerboy
11-16-2009, 12:08 PM
He didn't really get his wish. His team still sucks.

what54!?
11-16-2009, 12:08 PM
he finally got his trade. this move does not scare me

Crazy Crab
11-16-2009, 12:12 PM
A cannot believe ANYBODY wanted this team cancer. Raja Bell? NICE!!!!

Trouble87
11-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Bobcats finally have a guy who can defend and score

Don't know how happy Captain Jack is about all this but Larry Brown must be ecstatic

MJ is putting together a sleeper team in the east

Jays Claw
11-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Stephen Jackson finally got what he wanted.

superkegger
11-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Hilarious. From one ****** team to another.

I'd think that the Bobcats are going to move him after the 30 days or whatever though. But it is the Bobcats, who knows what they're trying to do.

Jay22Redd
11-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Jackson and Wallace together can be pretty good.

ManRam
11-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Great trade for the Bobcats. They need offense in the worst way possible. They have a good defensive team...they need scorers and playmakers. Jackson will help a lot.

Good deal for both sides.

olrales
11-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Good deal for both sides I guess...but behind Felton and Augustin, I don't know where Acie Law will get playing time...but he's the kind of guard that Larry Brown likes. Good trade.

Jays Claw
11-16-2009, 12:22 PM
The Charlotte Bobcats are quietly putting together a solid team.

PBG
11-16-2009, 12:26 PM
i can dig it

Crazy Crab
11-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Bobcats fans like this trade? You obviously do not know much about Stephen Jackson.

dtmagnet
11-16-2009, 12:31 PM
If Jackson takes the right attitude into Charlotte I think he can really help their team.

ManRam
11-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Bobcats fans like this trade? You obviously do not know much about Stephen Jackson.

You obviously don't know much about Charlotte. Easily the worst offensive team in the league. They don't really have a single play maker on offense. Jackson can be the main man. I think that will make him happy.

I think it's a good move for them. The really, really, really need his offense. He'll help out.

djeller1139
11-16-2009, 12:41 PM
I wish the Warriors got Boris Diaw, but atleast we got some talent, and possibly trade chips in return for him. Pretty good deal. Glad he didn't go to an instant contender like he wished.

ChiSox219
11-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Interesting, not a bad deal on paper, but Jackson is an unpredictable maniac.

Good move by the Warriors, maybe with Raja Bell now, they'll stop giving up 55 points to PG's

Aliengames
11-16-2009, 12:44 PM
This trade is excellent for the Warriors, but it's hard to get a read on the impact for the Cats. It could turn out to be brilliant, or it could be a complete failure. I think we'll know which fairly soon.

Cubsfan365
11-16-2009, 12:45 PM
At least the Warriors finally get a guy who can play some defense in Raja Bell. They need any defensive help they can get desperately. But same goes for the Bobcats with their offense, it was horrid, and they now get a proven scorer.

69centers
11-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Cool, maybe now the Cats can try to get Iverson and Smush Parker, too.

jimbobjarree
11-16-2009, 12:57 PM
good deal for Bobcats if S Jax stops acting like a douche

DerekRE_3
11-16-2009, 01:00 PM
good deal for Bobcats if S Jax stops acting like a douche

Yep. Radman sucked too. Sucks to lose Raja but he was playing hurt and expiring anyways. I'm just glad we didn't have to give up Diaw to do this.

TyHill
11-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Larry Brown im sure will have no problem keeping Stephen Jackson in check..he did well with AI. Right now the Cats seem to have got the better deal. Raja is playing with that torn ligament in his wrist and Radman is a solid perimeter threat but doesnt play ANY defense. Stephen Jackson is a proven scorer and can play defense along with Acie Law which I feel has great potential and Acie Law might not get his chance this year but next year once Felton leaves he will. Dont get me wrong it is good for both sides Bell is an outstanding defender and has been known to be one of the few to contain Kobe.

Mavrix
11-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Felton
Jackson
Wallace
Diaw
Chandler

Eagles4Lyfe
11-16-2009, 01:01 PM
i dont think bobcats are as crap as people make them seem they almost made playoffs last year and maybe this move might help them sneak into that playoff spot...

Chronz
11-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Their offense was putrid so any upgrade would be a welcome addition, sucks that Flip hasnt worked out for them. Wonder what Jacko's role would be on this team

And a different note, I told you guys Zydrunas was asking too much. They couldnt even get a full blown expiring deal, they had to settle for 1 expiring, and another less toxic but still bad contract. There was no ****in way Cleveland was gonna give them Big Z.

29$JerZ
11-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Glad for my Cats :clap:

I'll miss Bell though :(

Still, Charlotte needed offense in the worse way. The fact he is big enough to guard multiple positions and can play the PG/SG spot helps since Charlotte has a really small backcourt.

asandhu23
11-16-2009, 01:16 PM
hehehehehehe :D

Carey
11-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Charlotte could sneak into the playoffs with this move

Thatruth32
11-16-2009, 01:26 PM
i love that jackson didnt go to a winner like he wanted .... i cant see him being happy bout going to the warriors east

asandhu23
11-16-2009, 01:32 PM
i love that jackson didnt go to a winner like he wanted .... i cant see him being happy bout going to the warriors east

as an added insult, he didn't end up on a Texas team either :) haha 2 birds 1 stone

Hustla23
11-16-2009, 01:33 PM
lol And the MJ debacles continue

Super.
11-16-2009, 01:49 PM
If Jackson can STFU and play, the bobcats could be a playoff team.

clehmun
11-16-2009, 01:52 PM
i honestly don't understand the cancer label on stephen jackson.
this guy is a stud on BOTH ends of the floor. his FG% is horrible, but he's a legit 2nd option on a winning team. he has the toughest and confidence that a lot of teams needs (such as the raptors).

he was a problem in golden state simply because GSW was in a mess itself.
who would want to play for GSW right now?? i wouldn't even DRAFT a player in fantasy leagues who plays for nelly.

- they're not a big market like the knicks, players still love playing for the knicks even when they're losing because of the city.
- warriors have no chance in playoffs, ZERO.
- they have ABSOLUTELY no defense, worse than raptors, suns, knicks, etc.
- their rotation is a joke. literally no one gets consistent roles and minutes.
- sjax is forced to play PF?! when he's a SG/SF.
- their coach has mental problems. changes his mind every 2 minutes (nelly says randolph is a hardworker, then benches him for lack of effort. he also compared curry to steve nash, etc.)
- they have one center in biedrins and 10 combo guards, and just traded for another SG is raja bell (watch nelly use him as a PF). i have no idea what direction they're going. if you're a losing team, thats fine, no one can be consistently contenders. but atleast show the fans and players you have a direction.

if i were a GSW fan, i would have probably given up on the team until they get better management and coaching.

i'm not a huge sjax fan, but i do like him as a player. he just doesn't back down from anyone. and one of the few guys who plays defense and can score as well. bobcats got a steal in this one.

GrkGawdofWalkz
11-16-2009, 01:53 PM
This is kind of funny because in the past two seasons the Bobcats went from Jason Richardson to Raja Bell to Stephen Jackson. Now Jackson is a decent player but it just went from a scorer without a history of a bad attitude to one with one. Bell will be a good back up two guard for the GSW.

bigmouth
11-16-2009, 02:12 PM
This is kind of funny because in the past two seasons the Bobcats went from Jason Richardson to Raja Bell to Stephen Jackson. Now Jackson is a decent player but it just went from a scorer without a history of a bad attitude to one with one. Bell will be a good back up two guard for the GSW.
Jax plays better D than Richardson. Also, Bell will probably start for us at two.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Charlotte could sneak into the playoffs with this move

lol? You got 2 of the worst shooters as your backcourt.

PG: Felton (one of the worst FG% PG in the league)
SG: SJAX (one of the worst FG% SG in the league)

Can we say Brick city?

Toenail Clipper
11-16-2009, 02:15 PM
He will demand a trade again, watch!

asandhu23
11-16-2009, 02:16 PM
lol? You got 2 of the worst shooters as your backcourt.

PG: Felton (one of the worst FG% PG in the league)
SG: SJAX (one of the worst FG% SG in the league)

Can we say Brick city?

yes lol but jackson is Big Shot Jack who just said He is just as good as Kobe. lol.

Chronz
11-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Stephen Jackson is just as good as Kobe at taking alot of shots, if only he could figure out how Kobe makes them.

thephoenixson28
11-16-2009, 02:31 PM
He will demand a trade again, watch! Or not report to the team.

nolin
11-16-2009, 02:33 PM
horrible trade for bobcats. I dont see them keeping captian Jack all year though. Bobcats are still not a top 8 team in the east, Mj is :crazy:

black1605
11-16-2009, 02:47 PM
i would rather risk a team cancer than continue to struggle to score 15 points in a quarter

if he stays happy, i think he will improve our team greatly

clehmun
11-16-2009, 02:48 PM

i think you forgot about boris diaw. i'd trade jrich for diaw + sjax any day of the week.

shep33
11-16-2009, 02:51 PM
I like the trade for both team. I really wish the Hornets woulda made a play for him, they need a scoring punch to help CP3. But either way, Gstate gets rid of a guy who was being detrimental to the team, and they actually get decent players in return that fit with their offense. Both guys can come in off the bench and knock down 3s, and even Raja bell today wouldn't give up 55 to Jennings. Charlotte gets a guy that can play the 2 or 3, kinda like Wallace. If they go with a lineup of Felton, Jackson, Wallace, Diaw, Chandler. That's pretty good.

sacgiants1213
11-16-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm surprised the Warriors gave up Acie Law in this trade. He was playing really well for them when given the playing time. I guess they're just giving a vote of confidence to Curry.

Reddd
11-16-2009, 03:10 PM
i would rather risk a team cancer than continue to struggle to score 15 points in a quarter

if he stays happy, i think he will improve our team greatly

Exactly, the Cats were one piece away from a really solid team, it was a risk they had to take,

Flamarlins21
11-16-2009, 03:15 PM
can someone fix the title, it's misleading/wrong

AddiX
11-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Props to the Cats for making a move, I thought last year they showed a lot of promise and thought they were close to a really good team. Than they traded away Emeka and I was confused. I'm glad to see they brought in Jackson I think he can be a really good player there.

Giants4Tniners
11-16-2009, 03:21 PM
i honestly don't understand the cancer label on stephen jackson.
this guy is a stud on BOTH ends of the floor. his FG% is horrible, but he's a legit 2nd option on a winning team. he has the toughest and confidence that a lot of teams needs (such as the raptors).

he was a problem in golden state simply because GSW was in a mess itself.
who would want to play for GSW right now?? i wouldn't even DRAFT a player in fantasy leagues who plays for nelly.

- they're not a big market like the knicks, players still love playing for the knicks even when they're losing because of the city.
- warriors have no chance in playoffs, ZERO.
- they have ABSOLUTELY no defense, worse than raptors, suns, knicks, etc.
- their rotation is a joke. literally no one gets consistent roles and minutes.
- sjax is forced to play PF?! when he's a SG/SF.
- their coach has mental problems. changes his mind every 2 minutes (nelly says randolph is a hardworker, then benches him for lack of effort. he also compared curry to steve nash, etc.)
- they have one center in biedrins and 10 combo guards, and just traded for another SG is raja bell (watch nelly use him as a PF). i have no idea what direction they're going. if you're a losing team, thats fine, no one can be consistently contenders. but atleast show the fans and players you have a direction.

if i were a GSW fan, i would have probably given up on the team until they get better management and coaching.

i'm not a huge sjax fan, but i do like him as a player. he just doesn't back down from anyone. and one of the few guys who plays defense and can score as well. bobcats got a steal in this one.

Um, You ever hear about the shooting a handgun off outside a titty bar when he was with the Pacers? He wore out his welcome everywhere he has been, He will do well in Charlotte then he will start being a little ***** then he will go somewhere else.
Kind of funny being lectured on how to win by a guy with a Clippers sig.

AI4MVP
11-16-2009, 03:24 PM
i defibnetly like this trade for both sides

as a suns fan, i know what raa bell can do. hes tough. hes a great defedner. hes a great 3 point shooter. his great in that run n gun system because he can run, be the trailer at the three point line, and knock it down.

also for the bobcats, I can see stephen jackson averaging over 20 ppg there. they dont have that many scorers, and he can definetly carry alot of the load. hes actually a very good player. not as good as kobe like he said he was, but good nonethelless

i see no clear cut winner in this trade. the warriors won by getting ri of a player that was just not working out in oakland and received a good defensive player they needed and a player that can shoot threes in a system that needs it. the bobcats got someone that can be there go to guy. so congrats to both teams

Lincoln Logs
11-16-2009, 03:34 PM
You obviously don't know much about Charlotte. Easily the worst offensive team in the league. They don't really have a single play maker on offense. Jackson can be the main man. I think that will make him happy.

I think it's a good move for them. The really, really, really need his offense. He'll help out.

Oh he'll be overjoyed, your team won't be. Last season, with Monta out, Jackson attempted to be the main man on the Warriors, and it was terrible. We were a much worse bad team last year than the bad team we are right now. He forgot how to pass or play defense (always complaining to the refs as well, led the league in Ts) as he failed miserably at scoring like a star. Jackson, with the right attitude, is an extreamly helpful 2nd or 3rd option, but this trade will not help our Charlotte at all if Jackson is their number 1 offensive player.

I'm overjoyed he's gone. Opens up time for Randolph, though because Nelson's a moron he'll probably play Radmanovich more... because he's gotta have his shooting bigman :pity:

Chronz
11-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Nobody is mentioning how Jacko affects this team defensively. He used to be a pretty good defender, atleast a valuable one.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-16-2009, 03:37 PM
now space cadet can jack up shots in golden state

DerekRE_3
11-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Nobody is mentioning how Jacko affects this team defensively. He used to be a pretty good defender, atleast a valuable one.

Well hopefully the defense just stays the same. Bell was a pretty good defender himself. Hopefully Jackson play similar defense, just add more to the offensive end. The Bobcats defense this year has been pretty good, but you can't win if it's a struggle to get to 80 points.

*Superman*
11-16-2009, 03:48 PM
As long as he didn't got to the Texas teams or Cleveland, I don't care where he is.

AI4MVP
11-16-2009, 03:56 PM
i hope the dude scores like 50 his first game. i live in the bay so you know i clowned all my boys when brandon jennings dropped 55 on em. to have a player they just traded score 50 would be hilarious. he has the ability to do it to

ko8e24
11-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Very interesting move, and I feel the Bobcats win this one. They have another scorer/playmaker in Stephen Jackson (cuz u know that team desperately needs offense), and they got a backup for Raymond Felton with Acie Law (although I doubt he gets enuf playing time).

Radmanovic and his 3-pt shooting in Warriors run-and-gun offense will be good, and Raja Bell's 3 pt shooting as well.

BkOriginalOne
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Not bad for Bobcats, they finally have some guy that score 20ppg reliably.
Raja Bell is a nice pickup for Nellie, but Bell won't be happy. I wouldn't be surpised if he gets moved in a separate deal.

bigsams50
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Hate to see Bell go, but Jackson is an upgrade. Hopefully he can help us score some points

black1605
11-16-2009, 04:20 PM
word is Jackson hopes to play tonight against the Magic

"He's happy about the trade, delighted about the trade," Jackson's agent, Mark Stevens, told Sheridan. "This is what he wanted, a new start, and this gives him a chance to compete. Plus, he's a huge fan of that team's president, Michael Jordan." Stevens also said Jackson was expected to be in uniform for the Bobcats on Monday night against Orlando.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4659552

if he was upset with the trade, he would make it vocal immediately in my opinion

AI4MVP
11-16-2009, 04:48 PM
i dont thnk hed be upset about this trade at all. he has a chance at a playoff spot with the bobcats and he has a really talented team. in golden state, the only spot competion was for the lottery.

Toenail Clipper
11-16-2009, 04:54 PM
i dont thnk hed be upset about this trade at all. he has a chance at a playoff spot with the bobcats and he has a really talented team. in golden state, the only spot competion was for the lottery.

Golden State has a plentiful of talent, but they lack chemistry.
Bobcats isn't as talented in my opinion

DerekRE_3
11-16-2009, 04:58 PM

They aren't as talented, but last last year they showed they had great chemistry and played as a team. This year, the defense is there, just no offense. Felton has been playing awful, which doesn't help. I expected more from him this year since it's his contract year. Augustin also hasn't done as well as I thought he would.

bigsams50
11-16-2009, 04:58 PM

But we play good D. We just couldnt score enough points to beat teams. Jax should help out with that

AI4MVP
11-16-2009, 04:59 PM
all i know is that gerald wallace and stephen jackson are gunna ball together.

i also know that the bobcats have the deepest young point guard talent prolly second to the wolves. acie law can play. give the kid playing time. he can play

EternalLakeShow
11-16-2009, 05:01 PM
sucks to be the warriors right about now. Enjoy Vlad Rad the great bahaha

Toenail Clipper
11-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Warriors could have tried for a big.
They already have Curry, Ellis, Maggette, Claxton, Azubuke, Morrow.
Why do they need Bell and Radmonavic?
They need players who can backup Turiaf, Biedrins, and Randolph.

DerekRE_3
11-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I just feel bad for Raja, he's one of my favorite players.

JayW_1023
11-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Good trade if Jackson can fill the SG spot alongside Gerald Wallace. I think Brown can get the most out of him, especially defensively...kind of like Pop did in Jacksons Spurs tenure. The Bobcats need scoring help and Jackson can fill that void. Meanwhile...the Warriors finally get a defensive minded player in Bell who doesn't need touches. The Warriors already have enough firepower...so Bell will can enforce more of a defensive culture on the wings. Not a bad deal at all.

The_Mac22
11-16-2009, 05:20 PM
I kind of don't care who we got in return, as long as we got rid of jackson. :D

jimbobjarree
11-16-2009, 06:20 PM
trade Raja on to the Jazz!

DerekRE_3
11-16-2009, 06:27 PM
trade Raja on to the Jazz!

I'd love to see Raja on the Jazz, good fit.

RocketsRule
11-16-2009, 06:29 PM
I love this trade for a Bobcats. Gain offense and defensively you don't lose much. Warriors get an okay deal, I believe Raja is expiring.

B.JenningsMVP
11-16-2009, 07:01 PM
G00d for both squads

op12
11-16-2009, 07:05 PM
If Jackson takes the right attitude into Charlotte I think he can really help their team.

agreed him, felton and dj will be a good rotation. hopefully henderson and law can slide in there too. if chandler can step it up this is most def a playoff team. starting 5 will be solid. still rumor ai may come here, dont know about that.

bigsams50
11-16-2009, 07:21 PM
I PRAY no AI. Jackson is enough

MJ-BULLS
11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
this is a good trade for both sides, GS gets raja bell a good sharp shooter in don's system and if jackson gets his act together he can certainly help the bobcats

Vinny642
11-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Bobcats dont look terrible on paper

HoopsDrive
11-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Bobcats have a solid team now, that was a pretty bold move by the team.

Bell is a bit of a better defender but Jax is more versatile, he can guard a lot of 3s and most 4s. No comparison on who's scoring ability is better...

Vlad? No comments.

ManRam
11-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Oh he'll be overjoyed, your team won't be. Last season, with Monta out, Jackson attempted to be the main man on the Warriors, and it was terrible. We were a much worse bad team last year than the bad team we are right now. He forgot how to pass or play defense (always complaining to the refs as well, led the league in Ts) as he failed miserably at scoring like a star. Jackson, with the right attitude, is an extreamly helpful 2nd or 3rd option, but this trade will not help our Charlotte at all if Jackson is their number 1 offensive player.

I'm overjoyed he's gone. Opens up time for Randolph, though because Nelson's a moron he'll probably play Radmanovich more... because he's gotta have his shooting bigman :pity:

Wasn't Jackson 20, 6.5 and 5 last year. I understand he can be a liability, but the Bobcats needed to take this risk. They play great defense...they need a guy who can take over games offensively. A guy is selfish at times (although Jax can rack up the assists). Not sure how 6.5 assists translates to forgetting how to pass. Wallace and Jackson will share the offensive load. He's better than what they have. They need offense...they are a top 5 defensive team as is. It is worth the risk. What do they have to lose? They're scoring like 80 points a game.

And...I also don't see how Golden State is any better this year than last year.

JWO35
11-16-2009, 07:44 PM
WOW! Talk about sending him out to sea....

robbnen#31
11-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Wasn't Jackson 20, 6.5 and 5 last year. I understand he can be a liability, but the Bobcats needed to take this risk. They play great defense...they need a guy who can take over games offensively. A guy is selfish at times (although Jax can rack up the assists). Not sure how 6.5 assists translates to forgetting how to pass. Wallace and Jackson will share the offensive load. He's better than what they have. They need offense...they are a top 5 defensive team as is. It is worth the risk. What do they have to lose? They're scoring like 80 points a game.

The only reason Jackson was able to hit those numbers last year was just due to how awful the team was. Ellis was out with his moped injury, they didn't have Curry yet, leaving them with CJ Watson and Jamal Crawford to run the offense which failed. CJ is a solid backup pg, and Jamal's idea of running the offense was taking as many jumpers as possible, once in a while getting hot. This resulted in Jackson trying to do everything, his numbers skyrocketed but the team's number of wins plummeted. In my opinion I would have liked to see Bellinelli get a chance to run the warrior's offense last season, but Nelson hated him for whatever reason (although he was hurt a lot) = Marco getting traded for George (who was deemed less useful than a pineapple by the warriors forum :clap:)

I'm glad to see Jackson gone, but I hope Acie Law gets some minutes with the Bobcats some how. I liked his game, but the warriors didn't have the minutes at the 1 for him... Oh and Nelson some how thought he was a 3 and played him there

dodie53
11-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Jax will become the 'kobe' of the East.
hehe

asandhu23
11-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Jax will become the 'kobe' of the East.
hehe

Nah. They have LeBron and Vince Carter there for that role

zambo4president
11-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Wallace and Jackson on the wings is scary. Then you got Diaw and Tyson with Felton up top. Damn so much potential.

koreancabbage
11-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Nah. They have LeBron and Vince Carter there for that role

not Vince Carter anymore- the guy is a genuine role player with Dwight Howard. Carter is not a shut-down defender anymore (if ever was to begin with) though you'll still see some nights he'll be total pwnage.

AI4MVP
11-16-2009, 08:47 PM
i actusally like stephen jackson. hs a good all around player. very underrated defender

Testaverde16
11-16-2009, 08:55 PM
i actually like this for the bobcats... not a big trade, but a minor mix up that might help them.

Sportfan
11-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Jackson and Wallace is a wing tandem I would love to have. With Felton Chandler Augustin this team looks solid

Lincoln Logs
11-16-2009, 09:37 PM

If you're expecting Jackson to be able to take over games for you, you are about to be severly dissapointed. He is simply not that good, the only reason his numbers make him seem like he is because of how the warriors system inflates stats and the fact that every possession had to go through steven jackson last year. He averaged 40 minutes a game last year, and every single possession during that time would be controlled by him. His assist totals might look nice, but he also had 4 turnovers a game, and if there was a possible statistic for missed assists, he would lead it.I don't know how many times last year our shooters would be open, and he would just barrel down the middle looking for his own points.

This years Golden State is slightly better because Jackson's no longer the number 1. With Curry, and sometimes Monta, there's much better ball movement, though Monta sometimes falls into playing like Jackson last year. The only diffference is that Monta is still a player who can take over a game offensively and Jackson is not.

Still, if your offense is struggling, you're right he's worth a shot. Just hope he doesn't try to control everything

droalex
11-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Why aren't his stats showing up on my fantasy team =[

Shady66
11-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Great deal for Bobcats, if hes happy.
Bobcats are a great defencive team, and while they lost bell and got SLIGHTLY worse defencively, they got much better offencively. I expect this team to compete for the playoffs.

Kakaroach
11-16-2009, 10:31 PM
What most of the people already said, good deal for both sides. Bobcats need scoring, go get a scorer and a playmaker in Jackson. Warriors wanna get rid of him and need defense, and they get it.

Ragun
11-16-2009, 11:00 PM
great trade for the bobcats. radmonovic has a nasty contract while jackson has only 2 years left on his contract

PLAYERS FAN
11-17-2009, 01:11 AM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqhwnBxNbkK2w1xKO7VnTre8vLYF?slug=ys-jacksontrade111609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

I hope they trade Felton next:pray:

Raph12
11-17-2009, 01:54 AM
Good deal for both sides IMO, they put up a good fight tonight against a Magic team struggling to find their stride. Jackson showed glimpses of what he can do for the Cats, after he gets comfortable.

Morrow and Randolph will get their chance at big minutes in GS, so we'll see how that plays out, now that they get more shots/touches and other teams give them more attention.

todu82
11-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Jackson, with the right attitude, could be the player that leads the Bobcats to the playoffs.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Jackson is overrated, and now the Bobcats are over the cap for the next few years. I have no idea what Jordan was thinking. Stop thinking about on the floor, cause they were not going to compete for anything better than the 7-8 seed at best, and think about the next few years.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2009, 12:27 PM
essentially, the Cats will be paying between $17-21 million for 2 SF's over the next 4 seasons. Don't be surprised to see Wallace moved when the Cats realize they are in the lottery yet again, and look at thier cap situation

DerekRE_3
11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Jackson is overrated, and now the Bobcats are over the cap for the next few years. I have no idea what Jordan was thinking. Stop thinking about on the floor, cause they were not going to compete for anything better than the 7-8 seed at best, and think about the next few years.

Such a common misconception that Jordan makes all the decisions. Larry Brown has a ton of influence on the moves they make, and their GM is actually Rod Higgins, not Michael Jordan. Jordan, Brown, and Higgins all factor in on the decision making, with Brown having the final say.

Also, they have to think about the now. They need to win and make the playoffs, otherwise there won't be a team in Charlotte in a few years.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Such a common misconception that Jordan makes all the decisions. Larry Brown has a ton of influence on the moves they make, and their GM is actually Rod Higgins, not Michael Jordan. Jordan, Brown, and Higgins all factor in on the decision making, with Brown having the final say.

Also, they have to think about the now. They need to win and make the playoffs, otherwise there won't be a team in Charlotte in a few years.

Well, I agree I shouldn't have stated Jordan makes all personnel decisions, that Brown does have influence.
And that is a valid point. i did not think of it that way. It will win them more games short term, but it hurts them long term with picks and cap