PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant Ball Hog?

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Before you get angry and want to bash me, just know I'm a Laker Fan and I do like kobe a lot. While playing fantasy this year, I noticed Kobe is leading the league in FG attempted @ 23.5 attempts/game. Wade and Durant is @ 21 and lebron at @19 a game. Which brings up the next question, who has the best team of those 4 players? I would think the Lakers have the best starting 5 of those players, so why is Kobe taking the most shots? You would think if you have a stacked team then your shot attempts would drop.

Now I know a lot of you will say well that's because Pau Gasol is out so Kobe has to take on the load. But that isn't the only factor because Bynum is avg a whopping 14-15shots this year vs. 10attempts last year while playing with gasol. Now look at the other league scoring leaders and their team of supporting cast, its no where near what Kobe has and they can trust their team mates more and jackup less shots even though Wade, Durant, Lebron all avg higher FG%.

Sometimes I think while kobe is the major reason we win a lot of games, he is also the reason we lose a lot of games. He always tries to shoot his way back into a bad night and sometimes it just completely kills us.

asandhu23
11-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Get ready for the bashing. I am not going to do it. The people below me will.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 11:48 AM
I know its comming, but I am a Kobe fan and I'm only stating the facts. Kobe needs to trust his team mates more. He has a great team, what's the point of having all these great players around you and a team salary of over 100$ millions dollars if you are going to jack up 24 shots a game and shoot as subpar 46%?

Gasol said it in the playoffs last yr that he felt he should get more shot attempts, and I totally agree. Gasol shoots at a high 55%clip while kobe shoots at 45-47% yet he takes way more shots than Gasol. The triangle is suppose to be a equal opportunity offense system, but by the #s, its obvious the triangle is the kobe offense system.

DodgerorLaker?
11-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah Kobe was a joke last night.I understand bad shooting night but to continue to shoot fadeaways with 2 guys in your face! Bynum was 8/12 why didn't he at least get 20 shots? cause 24 requires the ball.Kobe is the man so you gotta take these games sometimes he can't always shoot well but he can start passing when he should be....

albertc86
11-16-2009, 11:56 AM
I disagree with your premise. I don't think trust is a factor; he's just shooting more because of injuries. Expect his average shots per game to go down.

G-Funk
11-16-2009, 12:00 PM
It doesn't matter what he is, The only thing that matters is that he can win championships.

wileyisTOFU
11-16-2009, 12:05 PM
It doesn't matter what he is, The only thing that matters is that he can win championships.

..with dominant big men.

albertc86
11-16-2009, 12:06 PM
..with dominant big men.

Name another championship caliber team that doesn't have a dominant big man in one form or another. Good try, though.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 12:09 PM

So he won it by himself? Funny he couldn't make it past the 1st round just a few years back.

albertc86
11-16-2009, 12:12 PM
So he won it by himself? Funny he couldn't make it past the 1st round just a few years back.

Didn't you say you were a Kobe fan? I call BS.

ManRam
11-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Name another championship caliber team that doesn't have a dominant big man in one form or another. Good try, though.

Jordan's Bulls.

Kobe is averaging 2.7 assists a game. That is not good for you team leader. That's Kevin Martin bad. He leads the league in shots.

He's gotta distribute the ball more. I watched some of last nights game. He looked awful, and was really stagnating the offense. Kobe may be the best player in the league, but he is not someone who will make a bad team that much better.

G-Funk
11-16-2009, 12:14 PM

Who does? Who wins by themselves? PPl have been calling him a ballhog since he came into the league, and to be honest I can care less if he is, he proved he can win the way he plays.

albertc86
11-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Jordan's Bulls.

Kobe is averaging 2.7 assists a game. That is not good for you team leader. That's Kevin Martin bad. He leads the league in shots.

He's gotta distribute the ball more. I watched some of last nights game. He looked awful, and was really stagnating the offense.

I agree. Kobe looked awful but I was asking for a team in the NBA currently that's a contender devoid of a good big man. I should've qualified what I meant.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 12:15 PM

I am a fan of his. Doesn't mean I cant criticize him when i see he isn't playing well and ball hogging. I am a fan of Durant as well. The difference between me and some other fans is that I don't worship him as god.

G-Funk
11-16-2009, 12:16 PM
..with dominant big men.

Hahaha, just last year Bynum was overrated by Laker fans and 2 years ago nobody wanted to trade for Gasol. But now they're Dominant big men.

superkegger
11-16-2009, 12:17 PM
No pau doesn't help things.

And it's still a pretty small sample size.

Not that he hasn't taken a lot of shots int he past, just saying.

But not having Pau has not helped.

albertc86
11-16-2009, 12:17 PM
I am a fan of his. Doesn't mean I cant criticize him when i see he isn't playing well and ball hogging. I am a fan of Durant as well. The difference between me and some other fans is that I don't worship him as god.

Okay, but another poster posed a good question to you. Which NBA player is winning championships by himself in this day and age? I would say Wade was the closest with Shaq being hurt but he still had Shaq.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Hahaha, just last year Bynum was overrated by Laker fans and 2 years ago nobody wanted to trade for Gasol. But now they're Dominant big men.

2 years for a young player is huge. Bynum's game has gotten better each year. Gasol was always a solid big man. He might not be the best #1 option but as a #2 option he is very effective.

albertc86
11-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Bynum is a great talent and could be a monster if he remains healthy.

G-Funk
11-16-2009, 12:25 PM
2 years for a young player is huge. Bynum's game has gotten better each year. Gasol was always a solid big man. He might not be the best #1 option but as a #2 option he is very effective.

Seriously why are you even bothering to critisize a player who just won a championship/Finals MVP and is well on his way to win his second?

KayNti
11-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Its funny, cause Odom and Artest can both go to different teams and Avg 20 shots per game. Those guys can also score; Kobe shouldn't be taking as many shots as they do....

ManRam
11-16-2009, 12:40 PM

I think you can be a fan of someone or some team and criticize them. Ask Magic fans how much I criticize Howard. If you blindly support your team even when they are sucking, I think that's stupid. No reason to be complacent.

Kobe struggled last night. He isn't passing much. Why not criticize him if you are a Laker fan? Should you just sit back and act like it's okay?

ChiSox219
11-16-2009, 12:46 PM
He's shooting .472 from the field, I have no problem with him taking 23.5 shots a game.

Iverson gets called a HOFer for taking 30 shots at .400

Kobe either needs to find his 3pt shot or stop taking them.

DodgerorLaker?
11-16-2009, 12:47 PM
I think you can be a fan of someone or some team and criticize them. Ask Magic fans how much I criticize Howard. If you blindly support your team even when they are sucking, I think that's stupid. No reason to be complacent.

Kobe struggled last night. He isn't passing much. Why not criticize him if you are a Laker fan? Should you just sit back and act like it's okay?

I'll criticize Kobe (Again) early in the season he is taking waaaaay to many shots.In the Western Confrence there isn't a better offensive center around.Bynum should be getting more than 12 shots (last night 8/12) especially with Gasol out.Kobe was bad in Denver on Friday and worse last night! But to criticize you would also be easy your a Pitt,Florida,Boston,Orlando fan??? are you 10yrs old?

69centers
11-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Error in thread title. Please remove the "?" with a "!".

eugene
11-16-2009, 12:48 PM
The truth is that Kobe a ballhog and cannot win without dominant supporting cast. That's a reality... Allen Iverson lead his team to NBA finals having only scrap in front of him and managed to win 1 game against mighty Lakers with Shaq and Kobe... Kobe didn't manage to pass through the first round.

albertc86
11-16-2009, 12:49 PM
The truth is that Kobe a ballhog and cannot win without dominant supporting cast. That's a reality... Allen Iverson lead his team to NBA finals having only scrap in front of him and managed to win against mighty Lakers with Shaq and Kobe... Kobe didn't manage to pass through the first round.

Iverson also played for the eastern conference. I'd say any of the top 4-5 seeds in the west would've produced a championship against the teams that the Lakers beat in the finals.

Chronz
11-16-2009, 12:59 PM
I think of Kobe as bigman with the way he was playing earlier, hes not going to get those 4-5 dimes playing this way, he will get alot of hockey assists but the important thing is that he continue shooting a high percentage and never turning the ball over, so long as he does that the Lakers will win despite him chucking.

madiaz3
11-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Only two games ago he had a 50% FG percentage, which for his position was way above average. Now two average games later he's shooting a "subpar 46%" in your eyes? Get over it. 46% for a guard is average, maybe slightly above while for a PF/C it is way below average.

Wing players shoot more threes a game than post players, and because of that it is more logical to compare players of different positions through EFG%, which Kobe is still slightly above 50%.

JayAllDay
11-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Jordan's Bulls.

He's gotta distribute the ball more. I watched some of last nights game. He looked awful, and was really stagnating the offense. Kobe may be the best player in the league, but he is not someone who will make a bad team that much better.

Right.
Dennis Rodman wasn't the most prolific rebounder of our generation.
Bill Cartwright and Horace Grant were just straight up scrubs too.

Bulls won every championship in the 90s when they HAD a front court. When you think centers for Bulls most people think Luc Longley and Will Perdue, but they had strong front court to go with Jordan's greatness.

theuuord
11-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Apparently he has a groin injury. One bad game doesn't change that he's a top 5 player in the NBA.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Seriously why are you even bothering to critisize a player who just won a championship/Finals MVP and is well on his way to win his second?

Players get criticized all the time. Its what drives them and makes them better. If Kobe shoots 5/21 for 5 games straight, are we the lakers fan suppose to just sit here and say "GO KOBE,KOBE IS GOD!"?? He isn't playing well, so I criticize. When he won us the trophy last year, I gave him mad props. That't just the way it goes.

But it's not so much he isn't shooting well that I'm upset, it's the fact that when he shoots bad, he doesn't defer to his team mates. Especially when he has a good cast of players around him. Lamar was a one time #2 option, Artest was a former #1 option, Gasol was a former #1 option. These are all guys who can and have scored in bunches in the past. Why not give them a try if your bricking all night long? And thats not to mention how Bynum is tearing it up in side. 8/12 vs 5/21. Before the game, the analysts were saying how we need to use our paint advantage against a smaller quicker team. And guess what, we shot brick jumpers all night long. And Kobe walks off the court saying he hurt his groin. Groin injury is not something that just goes away. People have missed weeks from groin injury, but Kobe says he'll play the next game. I give him credit, he is a warrior, but why play if your hurt and can't make shots? AND wont defer.

I watch Wade the other night and no matter how many bricks Haslem, Quinting Richarson, Chalmers, Jermaine were bricking in the 3rd and 4th, Wade kept passing the ball to them. It wasn't untill the final 2 or 3 minutes when they were close, then he took over and nailed the final buzzer beater 3. And wade has a crappy Dleague team. I'm just down on Kobe right now, but I'm sure he'll bounce back, he always does. But he needs to start sharring the damn ball.

Phil always talks about the Triangle as a equal opportunity offense, but when you break it down, its basically KOBE OFFENSE. Because he takes the majority of the shots. Kobe makes all his team mates "roll players" regardless of how good or who they are.

albertc86
11-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Right.
Dennis Rodman wasn't the most prolific rebounder of our generation.
Bill Cartwright and Horace Grant were just straight up scrubs too.

Bulls won every championship in the 90s when they HAD a front court. When you think centers for Bulls most people think Luc Longley and Will Perdue, but they had strong front court to go with Jordan's greatness.

Not to mention, Pippen. I'm not surprised you left him out of your argument; that guy was good for nothing.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Apparently he has a groin injury. One bad game doesn't change that he's a top 5 player in the NBA.

I never said he wasn't. To me, he is top 3 in the NBA. But he is still the biggest ball hog of the top players.

Top Players in the League in no specific order:

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Durant
Duncan
Bosh
Garnett
Shaq (in his prime)
Yao Ming
Nash
CP3

Maybe I'm missing a few. But who's got the worst FG% in that list? Kobe. Who jacks up the most shot attempts per game? Kobe. Who's got the best supporting cast around them? Kobe and Garnett.

albertc86
11-16-2009, 02:11 PM
I never said he wasn't. To me, he is top 3 in the NBA. But he is still the biggest ball hog of the top players.

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Durant
Duncan
Bosh
Garnett
Shaq (in his prime)
Yao Ming
Nash
CP3

Maybe I'm missing a few. But who's got the worst FG% in that list? Kobe. Who jacks up the most shot attempts per game? Kobe. Who's got the best supporting cast around them? Kobe and Garnett.

Kobe doesn't have the worst FG%, dude. Where are you getting your information? For someone who is a "Kobe fan" you sure are ill-informed.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Kobe doesn't have the worst FG%, dude. Where are you getting your information?

Kobe is a career 45.5% FG shooter. Who has a worse career FG% on that list?
Kobe shot 46.7% last season. By no means am I saying 45% is bad, but its not good compared to the other top players. And he takes more shots than any of the players on that list. Now I know some of you will say well some of the other people on that list are forwards/centers. Well hey, it's all about efficiency. Kobe's got a 60%+ in Bynum and 55%+ in Gasol but he takes 24attempts a game. Took 21 on avg last season even with Gasol playing.

albertc86
11-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Kobe is a career 45.5% FG shooter. Who has a worse career FG% on that list?
Kobe shot 46.7% last season. By no means am I saying 45% is bad, but its not good compared to the other top players. And he takes more shots than any of the players on that list. Now I know some of you will say well some of the other people on that list are forwards/centers. Well hey, it's all about efficiency. Kobe's got a 60%+ in Bynum and 55%+ in Gasol but he takes 24attempts a game. Took 21 on avg last season even with Gasol playing.

Why are you using career stats? That's his average throughout his career, yes, but what does that have to do with this year? Nothing. It's not fair to use big men as comparisons, either; they play closer to the basket. In theory, they should have higher FG%.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Why are you using career stats? That's his average throughout his career, yes, but what does that have to do with this year? Nothing.

46% last yr. 45% the year before. 46% the year before that. What are you trying to say? He will improve his fadeaway and shoot 50+ this season? he shoots 45-47% while taking the most shots in the league thats a fact. He got 2 front court guys shooting 55-60% in Bynum and Gasol who takes the same amount of shots as Kobe combined.

J4KOP99
11-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Groin injury or not, here is the problem.

Whenever Kobe learns something new, in this case the post game he worked on, he likes to force it down our throats so we understand he now can score from the post.

Way back during the three-peat years, Phil and Shaq used to complain about Kobe trying to "prove" something.(In this case it was that he was as good or better than Shaq) But Kobe would try so hard to prove to us and the opposing players, that he would end up looking bad.

Once he stops tyring to force the ball in the post, the floor will open up and the Lakers will be fine. If you watch the games, you will see that Kobe can't just sit near the paint and post up the entire game, especially when you have Bynum and eventually Gasol needing to take up space in that area.

Once Gasol returns, this will all be fixed.

albertc86
11-16-2009, 02:26 PM
46% last yr. 45% the year before. 46% the year before that. What are you trying to say? He will improve his fadeaway and shoot 50+ this season?

It's very possible. This is Kobe we're talking about. With the addition of Artest, he's getting a lot of easy shots off screens. He's not having to dribble as much and his numbers will only improve with a healthy Lakers roster. He's still as trigger happy as ever but his shot is looking good despite a couple bad shooting games.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 02:31 PM
It's very possible. This is Kobe we're talking about. With the addition of Artest, he's getting a lot of easy shots off screens. He's not having to dribble as much and his numbers will only improve with a healthy Lakers roster. He's still as trigger happy as ever but his shot is looking good despite a couple bad shooting games.

Maybe, but he had shaq the most dominant center at the time and he still shot 45%. he is just trigger happy

younggunn113
11-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Not to mention, Pippen. I'm not surprised you left him out of your argument; that guy was good for nothing.

No player has ever won a championship alone. MJ had Pippen who is a top 50 player of all time, and then Rodman for 3 of his rings. Rodman lead the NBA in rebounding 7 years in a row, 3 of which were with the Bulls. What was MJ's record before Pippen joined the team? Excluding 85-86 because he was injured, the Bulls were 78-86..What about the Bulls record the year MJ retired to play baseball? The went from 57-25 with Jordan in 93-94 to 55-27 the year he was retired. You're right though Jordan essentially won his rings alone..the GOAT retires for a year in his prime and that same team loses two less games all year, but he wins alone.

Back to the topic, who cares how many shots hes taking, he's shooting 47% from the field and for the most part he's been dominating the post in Pau's absence. The Rockets were just the better team last night. With Pau out Lamar has to start which hurts the bench, everything is just thrown off right now. If the Lakers are losing games like this in march and april maybe ill be worried. We're 10 games into the season, who cares. He's shooting 47% to Wade's 45% as well. So he's taking and making quality shots, except for last night. Even if he is having an off night hes the kind of player who can hit one jumper and catch fire again, I'll live and die with Kobe over any other player in the NBA. He's also playing 38 minutes a game when Phil said he wanted him down under 35. Its a joke to call him a ballhog though. He's averaging 23.5 shots a game, MJ averaged more shots than that a game in 5 of his 15 years and has a career average of 22.9 a game, while Kobe averages 19.2 for his career. Great players take shots, he'll settle down to somewhere between 20-21.5 shots a game when Pau gets back.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 02:44 PM
No player has ever won a championship alone. MJ had Pippen who is a top 50 player of all time, and then Rodman for 3 of his rings. Rodman lead the NBA in rebounding 7 years in a row, 3 of which were with the Bulls. What was MJ's record before Pippen joined the team? Excluding 85-86 because he was injured, the Bulls were 78-86..What about the Bulls record the year MJ retired to play baseball? The went from 57-25 with Jordan in 93-94 to 55-27 the year he was retired. You're right though Jordan essentially won his rings alone..the GOAT retires for a year in his prime and that same team loses two less games all year, but he wins alone.

Back to the topic, who cares how many shots hes taking, he's shooting 47% from the field and for the most part he's been dominating the post in Pau's absence. The Rockets were just the better team last night. With Pau out Lamar has to start which hurts the bench, everything is just thrown off right now. If the Lakers are losing games like this in march and april maybe ill be worried. We're 10 games into the season, who cares. He's shooting 47% to Wade's 45% as well. So he's taking and making quality shots, except for last night. Even if he is having an off night hes the kind of player who can hit one jumper and catch fire again, I'll live and die with Kobe over any other player in the NBA. He's also playing 38 minutes a game when Phil said he wanted him down under 35. Its a joke to call him a ballhog though. He's averaging 23.5 shots a game, MJ averaged more shots than that a game in 5 of his 15 years and has a career average of 22.9 a game, while Kobe averages 19.2 for his career. Great players take shots, he'll settle down to somewhere between 20-21.5 shots a game when Pau gets back.

Except Kobe is no Jordan. Jordan is my all time #1. And Jordan didn't have Bynum and Gasol. He had Pippen, but Pippen is no Bynum and Gasol in the paint. But whatever,sure, let kobe shoot his way out of the slump.

Double_R
11-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Kobe should shoot every time

Chronz
11-16-2009, 02:56 PM
People referencing Scottie Pippens record without MJ has become the next tired cliche

madiaz3
11-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Only two games ago he had a 50% FG percentage, which for his position was way above average. Now two average games later he's shooting a "subpar 46%" in your eyes? Get over it. 46% for a guard is average, maybe slightly above while for a PF/C it is way below average.

Wing players shoot more threes a game than post players, and because of that it is more logical to compare players of different positions through EFG%, which Kobe is still slightly above 50%.

Still waiting for a comment on this "nbafan."

50% FG for Kobe this season is not unreasonable because he already was averaging that through 9 or more games. These were not simply fluke shooting nights but the result of his more frequent use of his new post game, which turned out to be more efficient than his face-up shooting of past seasons. To dismiss his earlier 50% FG that as a product of a small sample of games allows us to dismiss the 47% just the same in favor of it improving. (Even though 47% is great for a wing player...)

By your standards Dwyane Wade is shooting a dismal 45% and Lebron's career average of 47% is nothing short of unimpressive. He holds a 50% now, but it only takes one poor game when the season is this young to drop you several points down.

Lakerfan32
11-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Before you get angry and want to bash me, just know I'm a Laker Fan and I do like kobe a lot. While playing fantasy this year, I noticed Kobe is leading the league in FG attempted @ 23.5 attempts/game. Wade and Durant is @ 21 and lebron at @19 a game. Which brings up the next question, who has the best team of those 4 players? I would think the Lakers have the best starting 5 of those players, so why is Kobe taking the most shots? You would think if you have a stacked team then your shot attempts would drop.

Now I know a lot of you will say well that's because Pau Gasol is out so Kobe has to take on the load. But that isn't the only factor because Bynum is avg a whopping 14-15shots this year vs. 10attempts last year while playing with gasol. Now look at the other league scoring leaders and their team of supporting cast, its no where near what Kobe has and they can trust their team mates more and jackup less shots even though Wade, Durant, Lebron all avg higher FG%.

Sometimes I think while kobe is the major reason we win a lot of games, he is also the reason we lose a lot of games. He always tries to shoot his way back into a bad night and sometimes it just completely kills us.

I agree 110%. This has been a huge frustration of mine for years. Glad someone came out with this. Great Job Buddy:clap::clap:

azkarraga
11-16-2009, 03:39 PM
If I were Kobe I wouldn't give the ball to Bynum. No matter how bad the night is. I'd keep shootings fadaways with two poeple infront.

G-Funk
11-16-2009, 03:41 PM

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Durant
Duncan
Bosh
Garnett
Shaq (in his prime)
Yao Ming
Nash
CP3

hahahaha:laugh: half of those players play zero defense and most of them can't even lead there team to a championship lol and only about 3 are clutch.

Bruno
11-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Kobe's been injured since the game against N.O. Andrew Bynum needs more shots!

"The difference between the Lakers’ wins and losses can be found in Bryant’s productivity: In the three losses, he averaged 19 points on 32 percent shooting; in the seven victories, he averaged 34.9 points and shot 52 percent."

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-16-2009, 03:45 PM
i agree kobe takes shitload of ******** shots, because he has so high self - confidence.He thinks that he makes every shot

ko8e24
11-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Once in a while, Kobe has brain farts. Last night was one of those games. But when he acts selfishly one game (and so did D-Fish in that game), he rarely does so in consecutive games. You see him becoming more of a facilitator the next game, and then taking over at a time when he feels the need to do so when the rest of his teammates are flat. Don't worry NBA fans, just vote for Lakers vs Pistons on NBA TV for Tueday, and you'll see my point. Kobe will be more of a facilitator in the 1st half, and then attack mode in the 2nd half. Lakers will crush the Pistons :) And we will forget that this thread even existed.

Don't worry, I've been seeing this trend for the last 13+ yrs, especially noticing in the last 3 yrs or so as #24.

ko8e24
11-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Kobe's been injured since the game against N.O. Andrew Bynum needs more shots!

"The difference between the Lakers’ wins and losses can be found in Bryant’s productivity: In the three losses, he averaged 19 points on 32 percent shooting; in the seven victories, he averaged 34.9 points and shot 52 percent."

plz yo, don't use that injury crap with me. To compensate for your deficiencies, you always use that basketball IQ. We know Kobe has one of if not the highest b-bball IQ along with his fundamentals in the game today, but he didn't utilize them AT ALL last night against the Rockets. Stop defending him by speaking of the injury and stuff.

And its not just Andrew Bynum needing more shots, it's the Lakers closing out on shooters like that Australian guy David Anderson and getting defensive rebounds when they're supposed to, especially those timely rebounds late in the 4th qtr that gives ur team extra possessions for more opportunities to score.

ko8e24
11-16-2009, 03:59 PM
If I were Kobe I wouldn't give the ball to Bynum. No matter how bad the night is. I'd keep shootings fadaways with two poeple infront.

:eyebrow:

philab
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM

What a homer comment. Kobe is well on his way to winning a second Finals MVP and another championship? Whatever.

It's 10 games into the season. The Lakers are currently the 5th seed in the West. How that equals "well on the way" is beyond me. Even at 10-0 and a 25-point margin of victory for every game this would be a stupid, stupid comment.

Frezhnitz
11-16-2009, 04:19 PM
thats cause the bench isnt doing anyhing. Kobe has too carry the team if they dont put up.

ragee
11-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Jordan's Bulls.

2.7 apg is bad especially if you have a roster like the Lakers...

:clap: There is nothing wrong with criticizing your favorite player and stating facts... I bash Dirk, Oden, Dwight every once in a while as well...

Nobody? :confused: That trade is probably considered the steal of the decade... It is up in there with the Kobe and Dirk trade...

Zefflin
11-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Apparently he has a groin injury. One bad game doesn't change that he's a top 2 player in the NBA.

Fixed.

Except Kobe is no Jordan. Jordan is my all time #1. And Jordan didn't have Bynum and Gasol. He had Pippen, but Pippen is no Bynum and Gasol in the paint. But whatever,sure, let kobe shoot his way out of the slump.

:bang:

:facepalm:

Toenail Clipper
11-16-2009, 09:33 PM

Right...
This guy is a Kobe Bryant fan.
HAHAHA

Bruno
11-16-2009, 09:34 PM
plz yo, don't use that injury crap with me. To compensate for your deficiencies, you always use that basketball IQ. We know Kobe has one of if not the highest b-bball IQ along with his fundamentals in the game today, but he didn't utilize them AT ALL last night against the Rockets. Stop defending him by speaking of the injury and stuff.

And its not just Andrew Bynum needing more shots, it's the Lakers closing out on shooters like that Australian guy David Anderson and getting defensive rebounds when they're supposed to, especially those timely rebounds late in the 4th qtr that gives ur team extra possessions for more opportunities to score.

Dude, common. Yeah, Kobe has a great I.Q. but when you're physically unable to play how you're use to playing, it takes some time to adjust your game (even for Kobe and the other greats); he's getting there, the team and fans just need to show a little patience before having a **** fit.

You're also wrong about Bynum not needing more shots. After the Rockets game, Phil said, Bynum “got three shots in the second half and he was our most effective scorer out there,” Jackson said. “That’s a shame.”

I'd agree our guys need to close out on those shooters, but Bynum absolutely needs more shots, he's extremely efficient and when we play inside out it helps our entire offense, and especially our role players. When those bench guys get some confidence on O, it helps with their D as well. The Laker bench has zero confidence right now, and the team is not playing efficiently outside of Bynum and Kobe (pre injury).

Zefflin
11-16-2009, 09:38 PM
the team and fans just need to show a little patience before having a **** fit.

You're also wrong about Bynum not needing more shots.

:nod:

Toenail Clipper
11-16-2009, 09:42 PM
What a homer comment. Kobe is well on his way to winning a second Finals MVP and another championship? Whatever.

It's 10 games into the season. The Lakers are currently the 5th seed in the West. How that equals "well on the way" is beyond me. Even at 10-0 and a 25-point margin of victory for every game this would be a stupid, stupid comment.

Because they don't have Pau Gasol.
Do you really believe the Phoenix Suns are going to win the title just because they're number one right now?

Zefflin
11-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Ding ding ding...LA even stomped on PHX without Gasol...

Shady66
11-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Because they don't have Pau Gasol you noob.
Do you really believe the Phoenix Suns are going to win the title just because they're number one right now?

I can only hope :)

Anyways I dont think hes been a ballhog this season, more than last season, but still not too much.

The only really bad game where he shouldnt have shot as many was Vs Denver.
That game he was a ballhog.
Hes shooting more this season, but when your shooting a career high, KEEP SHOOTING. unless your struggling :)

sp1derm00
11-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Kobe took 9 or 10 shots in the first quarter and 10 more throughout the rest of the game.

He toned down the shooting once he realized he was having an off shooting night. He didn't demand the ball, and he tried to get it going again, but couldn't.

dodie53
11-16-2009, 10:55 PM
is kobe injured?

philab
11-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Because they don't have Pau Gasol you noob.

The point -- as I stated TWICE in four sentences -- is that it is TEN GAMES into the season. The Lakers aren't well on their way to anything. It's impossible to be "well on the way" to a championship after TEN GAMES. And even if, somehow and some way, a team could be in such a situation, it ain't the Lakers, as evidenced by the fact that they're currently FIFTH in the West. Get the point now?

You are a dumbass.

BigEric
11-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Jordan's Bulls.

Wow you REALLY hate Kevin Martin.

ManRam
11-17-2009, 12:18 AM
I'll criticize Kobe (Again) early in the season he is taking waaaaay to many shots.In the Western Confrence there isn't a better offensive center around.Bynum should be getting more than 12 shots (last night 8/12) especially with Gasol out.Kobe was bad in Denver on Friday and worse last night! But to criticize you would also be easy your a Pitt,Florida,Boston,Orlando fan??? are you 10yrs old?

Good retort. :rolleyes:

I could explain why I like the teams I do (being a Magic and Bucs fan really suggests I jump on bandwagons...) but no reason to waste my time on that. We are here to talk sports, are we not? Glad instead of making good arguments you resort to pointing out the teams I like.

ManRam
11-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Wow you REALLY hate Kevin Martin.

Yes. I do.

nipo10847
11-17-2009, 12:23 AM

The difference is he is NOT a blind kobe fan and you ARE a blind kobe fan. He is stating the fact that Kobe didnt do any **** after Shaq left and before Gasol arrived. So he can win championships by himself is ****ing wrong. Kobe is a ballhog, this was old and proved. He never achieved the efficiency like wade or james.

ManRam
11-17-2009, 12:26 AM
The difference is he is NOT a blind kobe fan and you ARE a blind kobe fan. He os stating the fact that Kobe didnt do any **** after Shaq left and before Gasol arrived. So he can win championships by himself is ficking wrong. Kobe is a ballhog, this was old and poved. He never achieved the efficiency like wade or james.

And...he's stating a fact that Kobe is not getting any assists, and jacking up a ton of shots. Sure, that will change when Pau comes back, but it isn't helping his team...especially when he's having an off-night shooting.

It's a shame that you can't criticize your own star players without having your fan-hood questioned. I criticize Dwight all the time...and a few certain Magic fans (one in particular) think that means I don't like the Magic. I think it means I don't want to settle for less than I should expect. Criticism is great. Blind-fans suck.

ink
11-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Closed.