PDA

View Full Version : David West 21/9 this year?

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 11:21 AM
He looks so sloppy on the floor. 2 time all star, but posting drops in number in just about every category this year. Okafor is killing his value on the boards. Will he be a 21/9 guy this year or will we see a drop in his game this year? Post your comment with an explanation please.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Who am I kidding. No one cares about David West and the New Orlean Hornets...

Vinny642
11-16-2009, 05:16 PM
You keep f***ing complaining about West and the Hornets, just STFU already

SteveNash
11-16-2009, 05:27 PM
They should have traded West instead of Chandler then they could still bring in Diogu/Songalia and have about the same production.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 08:37 PM
You keep f***ing complaining about West and the Hornets, just STFU already

Why don't you discuss the issues at hand instead of telling people to STFU? Last I checked, this is a public forum for nba fans to discuss teams and players. Since your a big Hornets fan, why don't you discuss why DWest has been playing like a D league lately.

Mavrix
11-16-2009, 08:39 PM
He's overrated as ****

Vinny642
11-16-2009, 08:41 PM
What the hell? D League my ***. His rebounding numbers are down because Emeka Okafor is the one getting the rebounds now. His points are down because he isnt shooting particularly well. People say he is lazy, I agree to some extent, but he has been working for offensive boards as people dont realize.

Lakerfan In NY
11-16-2009, 08:47 PM
1st: You shouldn't except him to have a career yr every yr...
2nd: As a undersized PF he has overachieved in his career & b/c of it he's draw more attention, teams gear up to stop him, instead of paul.. He needs to re-invite himself somenow. Add something new to his game...b/c yr after yr he comes back the same guy.

Vinny642
11-16-2009, 08:49 PM
1st: You shouldn't except him to have a career yr every yr...
2nd: As a undersized PF he has overachieved in his career & b/c of it he's draw more attention, teams gear up to stop him, instead of paul.. He needs to re-invite himself somenow. Add something new to his game...b/c yr after yr he comes back the same guy.

I agree he has became to plain. He still can hit the mid rahnge shot but his post game has definitely took a stop back from a couple of years ago..
Also you said the first part perfect, he isnt in his prime anymore, he is getting older and older so his numbers most likely would go down regardless.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 08:54 PM
I agree he has became to plain. He still can hit the mid rahnge shot but his post game has definitely took a stop back from a couple of years ago..
Also you said the first part perfect, he isnt in his prime anymore, he is getting older and older so his numbers most likely would go down regardless.

He is 29. If that's not prime than what is? 25? 26? Stop making excuses for his lazy azz

Vinny642
11-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Defensively he has became lazy. But as said he is an undersized PF, I dont know what would make you believe he can still be a 21/9 guy after we just gained a 10+ rebounder.
He has been playing with alot less passion but his relation with Scott was a big reason.

nbafan63
11-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Defensively he has became lazy. But as said he is an undersized PF, I dont know what would make you believe he can still be a 21/9 guy after we just gained a 10+ rebounder.
He has been playing with alot less passion but his relation with Scott was a big reason.

You didn't exactly "gain" a 10 rb guy because you lost a 10 rb guy in chandler. Now Dwest put up 21/9 last yr, and yes he was DEFINITELY over achieving. No question there, but he is putting up 14/6 right now. 33% drop off over 1 summer??? Come on now....

Vinny642
11-16-2009, 09:05 PM
You didn't exactly "gain" a 10 rb guy because you lost a 10 rb guy in chandler. Now Dwest put up 21/9 last yr, and yes he was DEFINITELY over achieving. No question there, but he is putting up 14/6 right now. 33% drop off over 1 summer??? Come on now....

Chandler is not a 10 Rebounding guy, he can be but he just isn't he is an injury prone center that is extremely overpaid. Its liek West isn't trying no more, like he doesn't care but the reason he over achieves is because we got the BEST Point guard in the game.