PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 9, eyes the NBA

asandhu23
11-16-2009, 10:28 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/11/16/teen.sports.prodigies/index.html

Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- Darryl Dawkins, like many teen sports prodigies, wasn't afraid to join the professional ranks as a youngster.

He was emboldened by his size and imagination. A big man -- 6-10 in 1975 when the Philadelphia 76ers drafted him out of high school -- Dawkins wasn't in awe of the stars of the era, he said.

"I had watched the big men play, and I noticed big men go straight up and down the floor, beat on each other and were responsible for shutting down anybody that comes in the lane. I thought, 'I can do that,' " he said.

Confidence is one of the "big three" characteristics, along with composure and concentration, that young athletes need when competing at sports' highest levels, said Angus Mugford, mental conditioner for IMG Academies in Bradenton, Florida....

rest in on that link. there is a video as well. Plus i think they confused Dominique for Dawkins

wileyisTOFU
11-16-2009, 10:29 AM
nice sig

asandhu23
11-16-2009, 11:01 AM
nice sig

thank you. any comments about the article?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-16-2009, 11:02 AM
nice sig

who's that chick:confused:

BkOriginalOne
11-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Boobs..
Umm.. That kid is dedicated, and has a good teacher.

asandhu23
11-16-2009, 11:18 AM
who's that chick:confused:

iReesha. she is the jogging chick in click

KnicksorBust
11-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Fun to see these videos of these prodigy kids but tough to take them seriously at this young an age. So many variables still left in play for this kid to actually make it. Just because you can shoot a clean jumper and make layups between your legs at 9 doesn't mean you are going pro.

69centers
11-16-2009, 01:32 PM
If you want people to notice your posts more than your sig, you might want to change it!

Are we sure he's 9! Wow! The kid is extremely mature for his age and speaks like a teenager.

pd7631
11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/11/16/teen.sports.prodigies/index.html

Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- Darryl Dawkins, like many teen sports prodigies, wasn't afraid to join the professional ranks as a youngster.

He was emboldened by his size and imagination. A big man -- 6-10 in 1975 when the Philadelphia 76ers drafted him out of high school -- Dawkins wasn't in awe of the stars of the era, he said.

"I had watched the big men play, and I noticed big men go straight up and down the floor, beat on each other and were responsible for shutting down anybody that comes in the lane. I thought, 'I can do that,' " he said.

Confidence is one of the "big three" characteristics, along with composure and concentration, that young athletes need when competing at sports' highest levels, said Angus Mugford, mental conditioner for IMG Academies in Bradenton, Florida....

rest in on that link. there is a video as well. Plus i think they confused Dominique for Dawkins

what makes you think that they confused Dominique for Chocolate Thunder????:confused:

asandhu23
11-16-2009, 02:11 PM
what makes you think that they confused Dominique for Chocolate Thunder????:confused:

read the article. apparently they mention both dawkins and dominique. quick glance mistake

NPH
11-18-2009, 12:58 AM
Fun to see these videos of these prodigy kids but tough to take them seriously at this young an age. So many variables still left in play for this kid to actually make it. Just because you can shoot a clean jumper and make layups between your legs at 9 doesn't mean you are going pro.

Well what I was most impressed with was his mentality. I feel that he has a mentality that not many 9 year olds have.

Relax, hes 9.

Raph12
11-18-2009, 02:46 AM
Damn that kid's better than my dad... of course that's not saying much.

Idk, let's get Dakota Simms ready for the 2020 draft class?

Confusion
11-18-2009, 02:49 AM
Obviously he has talent already.

mjt20mik
11-18-2009, 02:59 AM
Has a good work ethic too. Shooting from the Nba 3 line already.