PDA

View Full Version : The Elite of the NBA Are Not Even Healthy Yet

ko8e24
11-16-2009, 04:16 AM
I realize that the Lakers, Magic, Celtics and Cavaliers (The 4 most elite teams in the NBA) have 3 losses a piece, and a lot of the fans of these teams are worried, while the fans of other teams are just estatic. Well I got news for everyone, each of these teams is playing without an important component.

The Los Angeles Lakers are playing without Pau Gasol (while still incorporating Ron Artest into the system)

The Orlando Magic are playing without Rashard Lewis (while still incorporating Vince Carter into the system)

The Boston Celtics are playing without Glen Davis (while still incorporating Rasheed Wallace into the system), and KG is still not fully healthy

The Cleveland Cavaliers are playing without Delonte West & Leon Powe (while still incorporating Shaquille O'Neal into the system)

Side Note: Spurs just got Tony Parker and Tim Duncan back from injuries, so they're not "fully healthy", while Mavericks are missing Josh Howard

So fans of these teams, I wouldn't be too worried if your respective teams are not at currently playing at the level or don't have the record you expected. And fans of other teams, your teams may be beating these teams (and well-deservedly doing so), but don't be too happy. The cream of the crop of the NBA is still intact. When all squads are fully healthy, who knows what will happen.

That is all...

clutchski
11-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Easily the most significant out of that group is the fact Pau is missing from the Lakers. Great team so far will only become greater when he returns.

kayface
11-16-2009, 04:37 AM
i would say lewis is the most important missing person from the group because of the incredible mismatches and chances he creates.. however, i can see the pau gasol being very significant considering the time he could be gone for

ChiSox219
11-16-2009, 04:38 AM
Easily the most significant out of that group is the fact Pau is missing from the Lakers. Great team so far will only become greater when he returns.

Rashard Lewis

abe_froman
11-16-2009, 04:43 AM
i like seeing the none elite winning or beating the elites.think its good for the league

Kohaku
11-16-2009, 04:54 AM
I guess this is the way of justifying the Lakers' 2 game losing streak :shrug:

Lakerfrk
11-16-2009, 05:02 AM

self centered much?

sp1derm00
11-16-2009, 05:05 AM
KG isn't full healthy either.

Kohaku
11-16-2009, 05:13 AM
self centered much?

On what grounds?

Duncan = Donkey
11-16-2009, 05:56 AM
what an insightful thread.

FOBolous
11-16-2009, 10:25 AM
ahahaha...the Rockets beat Lakers last night by 10 points :laugh: i don't care what excuses you have "oh we don't have Gasol" or "oh Kobe's playing injured" because...in the end...you STILL have 3 all-star calibur players (Artest, Odom, and Bynum) and a HOF Coach. Houston? we're just a collection of no name role players :) GO HOUSTON!!!

LanceUpperCut
11-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Ya the same **** happens for pretty much every team. Not just the elite.

Slimsim
11-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Didn't Kobe get hurt or something

clutchski
11-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Rashard Lewis

wanna throw out a couple more words there rather than just stating a name..:eyebrow:

JC_
11-16-2009, 11:11 AM

LOL. I think he made the thread just to make himself feel better.

azkarraga
11-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah sure. Glen Davis has an enormous impact on celtics game!

madiaz3
11-16-2009, 01:25 PM
ahahaha...the Rockets beat Lakers last night by 10 points :laugh: i don't care what excuses you have "oh we don't have Gasol" or "oh Kobe's playing injured" because...in the end...you STILL have 3 all-star calibur players (Artest, Odom, and Bynum) and a HOF Coach. Houston? we're just a collection of no name role players :) GO HOUSTON!!!

lol artest odom being all-stars, sure they have the ability to play like one from time to time, but what makes an all-star an all-star is consistency, something neither odom or artest have.

yeah 10ppg and 12ppg allstars!

ko8e24
11-16-2009, 04:26 PM
LOL. I think he made the thread just to make himself feel better.

no, I'm okay wise-***. Im doing this cuz in the Lakers forum, other Lakers fans were worrying. And so I thought to myself, with the injuries to other main key players for other teams, and after their team loses a game, their fans worry as well.

JayAllDay
11-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Wiw you really stretched the word Elite there....

Leon Powe, Glen Davis, Delonte West... That's el33t.

mrblisterdundee
11-16-2009, 04:36 PM
The Lakers might be playing without Pau, but Bynum has more than doubled his production from last year's playoffs. Why isn't that keeping the Lakers in old form? They haven't had the toughest schedule. It's not like the Pau-Kenyon match-up was the most important in the Denver game.
The Magic are quite healthy. A player getting suspended for doping has nothing to do with an injury. Besides, a big issue with them has been those special nights when Dwight wasn't so super.
Who of any importance isn't healthy for Cleveland? Last time I checked, LeBron is on the floor. Shaq is on the floor. Mo is on the floor. There's no excuse except bad cohesion for that team's poor performance.
Boston's quite healthy too. All five of their most important players have been playing regularly. Their problem has been defensive implosions and stagnant offense against weaker teams.

Go_NUGGETS
11-16-2009, 04:43 PM
**** happens.

SB75
11-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Sounds like excuses to me. Injury's happen. While I do expect Cle, LA, and Boston to play better over time, theirs no reason to hate on other NBA teams because yours isn't playing up to your expectations as of now.

So by your standards............. My Hawks will be even better once they get Crawford and Joe Smith acclimated to their system?

MELO 15
11-16-2009, 04:58 PM
This thread makes me laugh, because injury's are a part of the game, and thats what seperates good teams from great ones, by taking your loss like a man, atleast means you or the team has some kind of dignity. I mean look at the nuggets, even though JR wassn't injured, he wasn't playing, and kmart who is big for denver defensively missed that hawks game, along with Jr, and we lost that game, not to mention we had the worse schedule to start the season, and the worse handicap of all, having ANTHONY D LEAGUE CARTER starting for us for most of those first five or six games, so pleaseeeeeeee save these subliminal excuses, man up and take L's, us NUGGETS fans did, and so you can to

SB75
11-16-2009, 05:05 PM
It would also be different if one of those teams was playing without it's prime time player. Kobe, LBJ, Howard, and Peirce are all playing and playing well, so in the words of Chad Johnson........ CHILD PLEASE.......

magichatnumber9
11-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Paul Pierce is banged up right now. Its a marathon so let the scrub teams use up there energy now so they can be destroyed fighting for a playoff berth.

Go_NUGGETS
11-16-2009, 05:18 PM
This thread makes me laugh, because injury's are a part of the game, and thats what seperates good teams from great ones, by taking your loss like a man, atleast means you or the team has some kind of dignity. I mean look at the nuggets, even though JR wassn't injured, he wasn't playing, and kmart who is big for denver defensively missed that hawks game, along with Jr, and we lost that game, not to mention we had the worse schedule to start the season, and the worse handicap of all, having ANTHONY D LEAGUE CARTER starting for us for most of those first five or six games, so pleaseeeeeeee save these subliminal excuses, man up and take L's, us NUGGETS fans did, and so you can to

Exactly....Nuggets have dealt with injuries to key players for years...We didn't have NENE all year when we got swept 2 years ago in the playoffs against the Laker...And we didn't have K-Mart the whole season before that....

We didn't have JR Smith the first 7 games, but we still played well...Whats the Lakers excuse????

SteveNash
11-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Rashard Lewis

Pretty sure Rashard Lewis is in good health.

ko8e24
11-16-2009, 06:01 PM
now that I think about it and also seeing some of the responses...making this thread really wasn't worth it. sorry guys

FOBolous
11-16-2009, 07:02 PM
lol artest odom being all-stars, sure they have the ability to play like one from time to time, but what makes an all-star an all-star is consistency, something neither odom or artest have.

yeah 10ppg and 12ppg allstars!

i said they're all-star caliber players. and they're averaging that little points a game because they're playing on a team filled with other all-star caliber players....heck, everyone in LA's starting 5 xpet for Fisher are all-star caliber players and than they got an all-star caliber player coming off the bench. with so many all-star caliber players on one team, SOMEONE gotta make sacrifices right? SOMEONE gotta sacrifice some touches right? SOMEONE gotta sacrifice their stats right? and those SOMEONE happens to be Odom, Artest, and Bynum...they defer to Kobe and Gasol. but given the opportunity...any one of them are able to average around 20 points a game. Artest averaged 24 points while shooting 49% one season...Odom averaged 17 ppg in Miami before he went to LA...Bynum? we all know his potentials.

with that in mind...LA should NEVER use injury as an excuse as to why they play poorly. NEVER. not with Houston overachieving and Boston playing well in the playoffs last year despite not having KG.

edison_yia
11-16-2009, 07:06 PM
it doesnt matter...cause all it matters is the start of the second half...and if those teams cant do crap..then they dont look elite too me

madiaz3
11-16-2009, 07:40 PM
i said they're all-star caliber players. and they're averaging that little points a game because they're playing on a team filled with other all-star caliber players....heck, everyone in LA's starting 5 xpet for Fisher are all-star caliber players and than they got an all-star caliber player coming off the bench. with so many all-star caliber players on one team, SOMEONE gotta make sacrifices right? SOMEONE gotta sacrifice some touches right? SOMEONE gotta sacrifice their stats right? and those SOMEONE happens to be Odom, Artest, and Bynum...they defer to Kobe and Gasol. but given the opportunity...any one of them are able to average around 20 points a game. Artest averaged 24 points while shooting 49% one season...Odom averaged 17 ppg in Miami before he went to LA...Bynum? we all know his potentials.

with that in mind...LA should NEVER use injury as an excuse as to why they play poorly. NEVER. not with Houston overachieving and Boston playing well in the playoffs last year despite not having KG.

Citing career high averages makes as much sense of me calling Larry Hughes, Ben Wallace, Big Z and Wally Sczerbiak all-star caliber players during their tenure with Lebron because you're digging back as far as 4-5 years.
Not to mention that Boston's Big three during their championship season alone disprove the argument that stats must suffer, none of them being more than three points away from their career averages.

FOBolous
11-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Citing career high averages makes as much sense of me calling Larry Hughes, Ben Wallace, Big Z and Wally Sczerbiak all-star caliber players during their tenure with Lebron because you're digging back as far as 4-5 years.
Not to mention that Boston's Big three during their championship season alone disprove the argument that stats must suffer, none of them being more than three points away from their career averages.

lol...are you freakin serious? Hughes was a one season wonder...all of LA's 5 all-star caliber have shown over several seasons that they have the ability to play at an all-star level if given the chance...xept for Bynum but he has shown flashes of his potentials repeately. Big Z, Wallace, and Szerbiak are all old and over the hills but yes...they were all-star caliber players when they were younger. The last time i check, none of LA's 5 all-star caliber players are old yet.

and are you serious? Boston's big 3 stats didn't suffer after they start playing together? Garnett's ppg and rebounding average decrease significantly after he joined Boston. He went from averaging close to 13 rebounds per game to only 9 rebounds a game. Pierce went from averaging 25 ppg to only 19 the year KG and Ray Allen joined him. the same happened to ray allen...he went from being a 26 ppg scorer to averaging only 17 ppg the very next year when he joined Boston. it's not a coincidence that all of their stats decreased significantly from the year before the year when they started playing with each other.

JordansBulls
11-17-2009, 03:57 PM
I realize that the Lakers, Magic, Celtics and Cavaliers (The 4 most elite teams in the NBA) have 3 losses a piece, and a lot of the fans of these teams are worried, while the fans of other teams are just estatic. Well I got news for everyone, each of these teams is playing without an important component.

The Los Angeles Lakers are playing without Pau Gasol (while still incorporating Ron Artest into the system)

The Orlando Magic are playing without Rashard Lewis (while still incorporating Vince Carter into the system)

The Boston Celtics are playing without Glen Davis (while still incorporating Rasheed Wallace into the system), and KG is still not fully healthy

The Cleveland Cavaliers are playing without Delonte West & Leon Powe (while still incorporating Shaquille O'Neal into the system)

Side Note: Spurs just got Tony Parker and Tim Duncan back from injuries, so they're not "fully healthy", while Mavericks are missing Josh Howard

So fans of these teams, I wouldn't be too worried if your respective teams are not at currently playing at the level or don't have the record you expected. And fans of other teams, your teams may be beating these teams (and well-deservedly doing so), but don't be too happy. The cream of the crop of the NBA is still intact. When all squads are fully healthy, who knows what will happen.

That is all...

Well it is good to see none of these teams are too dominant just yet and makes the seedings that much more important.

*Superman*
11-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Magic lose Nelson for 4-6 weeks now too. Ughhh.

Mavrix
11-17-2009, 04:15 PM
lol @ Dallas is 8-3 without Josh Howard and Tim Thomas