PDA

View Full Version : A problem John Wall might have...

HouRealCoach
11-16-2009, 12:56 AM
Is finding a home because the NBA is stacked with PG's.... I can see him going to GS, NY(Wont happen), MEM(not the best fit), and Philly(I doubt it).... and even GS is a little stacked in the backcourt with Ellis and Curry and I think it will be sorta hard for John Wall to find a home and become a household name like CP3, Deron, Rose, etc.... Do you think he will?

cbs134679
11-16-2009, 12:59 AM
yeah I thoight about that also even the wolves have rubio and kings has tyreke evans, most likely someone would be traded

beardown78
11-16-2009, 01:10 AM
I can see the Clippers being a lottery team next year and being in a position to get him, that would be the ideal situation imo, a nice young nucleus with Blake and Gordon in a big market

kozelkid
11-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Clippers are an option. Mem is an option. Indiana is an option.
NY isn't cause Jazz have that pick and have no need for Wall.
If Wall really is 6'4 though, I think he may end up being a sg. From what I have seen from him, he isn't the greatest passer and is much better with a scoring role. Reminds me alot of Dwyane Wade.

FNM BOY
11-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Hope he ends up in Philly we have plenty room for him!!!:D

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Hmm ... how about the grizzlies? Conley has been a total disappointment for them.

AI4MVP
11-16-2009, 01:20 AM
i think John Wall=Wade.

Wade came into the league as a pg, but now is a shooting guard. i see alot of wade in john wall. they remind me alot of eachother. just the way they play.

john wall will end up playing sg next to a great young pg. dangerous

Gambeezy
11-16-2009, 01:21 AM
Clippers are an option. Mem is an option. Indiana is an option.
NY isn't cause Jazz have that pick and have no need for Wall.
If Wall really is 6'4 though, I think he may end up being a sg. From what I have seen from him, he isn't the greatest passer and is much better with a scoring role. Reminds me alot of Dwyane Wade.

He is actually a nasty passer. I think he will be a good combo guard and won't have a problem finding a place in the NBA to call home. He's incredible.

kozelkid
11-16-2009, 01:31 AM
He is actually a nasty passer. I think he will be a good combo guard and won't have a problem finding a place in the NBA to call home. He's incredible.

Not really.
He's nothing special as a passer. And for the record, neither is or was Rose and both are fairly similar. Wall might be bigger though (if him being 6'4 is true, and I am a little skeptical cause Rose coming out from HS was said to be 6'4 as well when in fact he's 6'3) and if he is, he'll likely be playing 2 imo.

Gambeezy
11-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Not really.
He's nothing special as a passer. And for the record, neither is or was Rose and both are fairly similar. Wall might be bigger though (if him being 6'4 is true, and I am a little skeptical cause Rose coming out from HS was said to be 6'4 as well when in fact he's 6'3) and if he is, he'll likely be playing 2 imo.

He's a highschool phenom who was playing with kids who were nowhere near his level. I don't have time to find more vids and this vid isn't the best example, but watch from 2:10 to about 3:00 and tell me if some of those passes look like a pass from your average highschool PG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkUxpa9CyaI

He's going to be special. He looks like he has the handles and quickness of Rose and plays similar to Wade.

Cubs Win
11-16-2009, 02:03 AM
He's a highschool phenom who was playing with kids who were nowhere near his level. I don't have time to find more vids and this vid isn't the best example, but watch from 2:10 to about 3:00 and tell me if some of those passes look like a pass from your average highschool PG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkUxpa9CyaI

He's going to be special. He looks like he has the handles and quickness of Rose and plays similar to Wade.

Well I sure hope he passes better than your "average high school PG." After all he is projected to be a top 5 pick as a PG in the NBA draft.

aNYer
11-16-2009, 02:07 AM
He plays point and can score, if he isn't a teams 1st pick that team should be fined for stupidity. He will either outplay others on the team making them expendable or be a very good back up for a little while until he earns a bigger role. Or worse case scenario you can trade him because he is probably the top talent in the draft.

Gambeezy
11-16-2009, 02:13 AM
Well I sure hope he passes better than your "average high school PG." After all he is projected to be a top 5 pick as a PG in the NBA draft.

I agree. I was responding to kozelkid though. Kozelkid said Wall was "Nothing Special at passing" which insinuates he's average, when clearly he's more than average. He can do everything well, and judging from his vids he loves blocking shots. Maybe he's the next D Wade. Same size and style of play.

abe_froman
11-16-2009, 02:15 AM
Is finding a home because the NBA is stacked with PG's.... I can see him going to GS, NY(Wont happen), MEM(not the best fit), and Philly(I doubt it).... and even GS is a little stacked in the backcourt with Ellis and Curry and I think it will be sorta hard for John Wall to find a home and become a household name like CP3, Deron, Rose, etc.... Do you think he will?

1.if he flourishes in the league and become great then people will forget about rose,paul,ect.
2.no sure bet that he'll be great(but he is a great prospect)
3.you can play 1 or 2

seriously fans have to stop arguing that everyone is either a pg or pf,as no one can fill any other position but those two

NYKnickFanatic
11-16-2009, 03:08 AM
Well, the way the Knicks are playing, he could definitely end up in NY if the Knicks get the #1 pick.

Oh wait, Isiah traded our 2010 1st round draft pick and Utah has it. :pity:

Toenail Clipper
11-16-2009, 03:13 AM
Hm.
Baron Davis is still on the contract so it's not going to be the Clippers.
He can land to Bobcats?

PistolPete44
11-16-2009, 04:29 AM
regardless of whether he plays a 1 or 2 guard he's going to make his team much better and put people in seats. the pacers could definitely use a guy like him to help out granger, but if he went to the clippers they would have a pretty solid group of young players... gordon, wall, thornton, griffin, and kaman

ChiSox219
11-16-2009, 05:10 AM
Waasn't his high school team pretty mediocre? I dunno, a guy that's the consensus #1 should be able to dominate high school ball regardless if his teammates suck.

Anyways, the Bulls drafted Rose when they owed almost 40 million to Kirk Hinrich, no reason why another team wouldn't do similar.

abe_froman
11-16-2009, 05:11 AM
Waasn't his high school team pretty mediocre? I dunno, a guy that's the consensus #1 should be able to dominate high school ball regardless if his teammates suck.

Anyways, the Bulls drafted Rose when they owed almost 40 million to Kirk Hinrich, no reason why another team wouldn't do similar.

he did dominate,just his team didnt

ChiSox219
11-16-2009, 05:28 AM
he did dominate,just his team didnt

What I am saying is for all the talk I've hear about him I was surprised to hear how average his team finished.

fredv
11-16-2009, 06:57 AM
Rockets are going to make a serious push to land him IMO. Last year Morey was working the phones to land a PG in the draft (he basically said he wanted any of the top 5 pg's), unfortunately it didn't workout. I can see them making a serious push again.

SANTHI
11-16-2009, 02:16 PM
how about Suns or Mavericks make a trade for that top pick to draft him? Nash and Kidd are aging, so both teams are gonna need replacements at PG soon.

Carey
11-16-2009, 02:26 PM
i think John Wall=Wade.

Wade came into the league as a pg, but now is a shooting guard. i see alot of wade in john wall. they remind me alot of eachother. just the way they play.

john wall will end up playing sg next to a great young pg. dangerous

I agree, When i see him play i see a Wade clone

WSU Tony
11-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Do you honestly think if he's the best talent in the draft he'll have a hard spot finding a team? This is a 100% pointless thread imo.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Not really.

Teams in the lottery usually rebuild anyways so unless their PG is like a top 20 player, they would more than likely trade that player to make room for Wall.

Look at the Clippers. 3 talented big men and they traded away 1 to make space for Griffin.

what54!?
11-16-2009, 11:15 PM
combo guards will always have a place in the nba

kswissdaf
11-16-2009, 11:15 PM
People really overrate this guy

EaglesJackson10
11-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Hope he ends up in Philly we have plenty room for him!!!:D

Please lord give the sixers a high top 5 draft pick. Not another early round exit. Either be good or be terrible not middle of the road like the sixers have been.

madiaz3
11-16-2009, 11:36 PM
In his first game as a Wildcat, Wall's team wins 72-70

Wall posted 19 points and 5 assists on 4-9 shooting
http://www.ncaa.com/teams/m-baskbl/scoreboards/sec/20091116_game_boxscore_kty.html

B.JenningsMVP
11-16-2009, 11:44 PM
If NY still had their pick... OH MY!

That'd be soooooooooooo dope..

Butttt no lol

Bishnoff
11-16-2009, 11:47 PM

I don't think he'll have any problem finding a home and will be a starter from day 1 for which ever team selects him.

I Am Awesome-O
11-16-2009, 11:50 PM
He'd fit perfectly in Memphis. A Wall/Mayo backcourt would be insane.

Bishnoff
11-16-2009, 11:53 PM
how about Suns or Mavericks make a trade for that top pick to draft him? Nash and Kidd are aging, so both teams are gonna need replacements at PG soon.

Would love him in Phoenix (as my sig suggests) but I can't think of anyone that the Suns have who we'd be willing to give up and who another team would want in return for a top pick.

Bishnoff
11-16-2009, 11:53 PM

Scary.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Minnesota would pick him even with Rubio and Flynn.

bklynboriqua09
11-17-2009, 12:26 AM

Your crazyyyy... I hope your not a GM... hard for Wall to find a home??? your nuts!!!!!!! he's better than curry and ellis put together right now. He's better than derrick rose who I think is overrated for not being able to shoot a lick...he's a game changer. period.

jacquewho?
11-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Naw...he'll find a home. The talent level is too good to pass up.

Testaverde16
11-17-2009, 12:45 AM
this will not be an issue. how can you say that the knicks or sixers wouldnt want/need him?

td0tsfinest
11-17-2009, 09:59 AM
are you kidding me? This is guy is a talent. Look at the Bulls, they had a guy like Hinrich but they still drafted Derrick Rose. There are so many teams like that.

Indiana could definitely use a PG.
Charlotte; though Felton is Good, Wall could be better.
Memphis; hmm Mike Conley or John Wall?
Philly; Lou Williams is ok. But I don't think he's a guy that could lead the team like Andre Miller did.
Utah; a back court of D-Will and John Wall would be a nasty combo
* remember that UTAH gets NY's pick this year.

I think your vastly overrating the PGs in the league. After the top 10, i think they're is a huge drop level in talent.

Fresno
11-17-2009, 10:06 AM

On paper.

Wall/Mayo/Gay/Randolph

Theres only one ball on the court with 4 guys looking to score.

Fresno
11-17-2009, 10:14 AM
are you kidding me? This is guy is a talent. Look at the Bulls, they had a guy like Hinrich but they still drafted Derrick Rose. There are so many teams like that.

Indiana could definitely use a PG.
Charlotte; though Felton is Good, Wall could be better.
Memphis; hmm Mike Conley or John Wall?
Philly; Lou Williams is ok. But I don't think he's a guy that could lead the team like Andre Miller did.
Utah; a back court of D-Will and John Wall would be a nasty combo
* remember that UTAH gets NY's pick this year.

I think your vastly overrating the PGs in the league. After the top 10, i think they're is a huge drop level in talent.

Indiana could use a PG, but unless they find a taker for TJ Ford they should focus on packaging some of their players to put a legit #2 option next to Granger.

Charlotte has Felton, who Jordan likes and wants to remain in Charlotte. Charlotte also has DJ Augustin at PG. Charlotte has Jackson at SG, with Henderson backing him up.

Memphis could use Wall, but they wouldn't be any better of a team. They have way too many players with character issues who are ball hogs.

Philly drafted Jrue Holiday for the purpose of competing with Lou in the future, it wouldn't make any sense for them to scrap the development of Jrue Holiday, whos potential is crazy.

Utah isn't drafting John Wall, if Utah drafts somebody in the Top 5 with NY's pick it will likely be a guy like Greg Monroe to bring off the bench at PF behind Millsap once Boozer is gone.

John Wall to New Orleans is his best option(currently without any major trades). Wall is from the same area that Chris Paul is from and Wall would be able to move over to SG and take scoring pressure off of Paul.

Raph12
11-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Np, whoever gets him should trade him to LA for Ron Artest and Sasha What-a-chich.

PG - John Wall
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lamar Odom
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: they would dominate now and with Wall and Bynum, still be set for the future as well.

pf289
11-17-2009, 02:35 PM
This guy will be better than Rose an maybe even Deron Williams. The talent he has will certainly find a home in the NBA.

pf289
11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Indiana could use a PG, but unless they find a taker for TJ Ford they should focus on packaging some of their players to put a legit #2 option next to Granger.

Charlotte has Felton, who Jordan likes and wants to remain in Charlotte. Charlotte also has DJ Augustin at PG. Charlotte has Jackson at SG, with Henderson backing him up.

Memphis could use Wall, but they wouldn't be any better of a team. They have way too many players with character issues who are ball hogs.

Philly drafted Jrue Holiday for the purpose of competing with Lou in the future, it wouldn't make any sense for them to scrap the development of Jrue Holiday, whos potential is crazy.

Utah isn't drafting John Wall, if Utah drafts somebody in the Top 5 with NY's pick it will likely be a guy like Greg Monroe to bring off the bench at PF behind Millsap once Boozer is gone.

John Wall to New Orleans is his best option(currently without any major trades). Wall is from the same area that Chris Paul is from and Wall would be able to move over to SG and take scoring pressure off of Paul.

A lot of things Eddie Jordan an the Sixers do doesnt make sense. Jrue isnt even seeing much PT right now and Wall is significantly better.

Fresno
11-17-2009, 03:25 PM
A lot of things Eddie Jordan an the Sixers do doesnt make sense. Jrue isnt even seeing much PT right now and Wall is significantly better.

True.

But the 76ers just used a 1st Round pick on Holiday who came into college ranked as highly of a prospect as Wall but had an average freshman year before declaring.

WSU Tony
11-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Not really.

Teams in the lottery usually rebuild anyways so unless their PG is like a top 20 player, they would more than likely trade that player to make room for Wall.

Look at the Clippers. 3 talented big men and they traded away 1 to make space for Griffin.

Which means he'll be drafted #1 and trade down for value. How is it "hard to find a team" when you get drafted #1? Seriously, I don't think he cares what ****** team he plays on (he knows he'll be on a ****** team) he's more worried about dropping to #3 and losing millions.

Either way, he's on a crappy team.

Derick713
11-17-2009, 05:57 PM
TEAMS THAT COULD BE IN THE LOTTERY THAT DON'T NEED JOHN WALL!

Thunder- Westbrook and Harden
T-Wolves- Rubio, Flynn, and Ellington
Kings-Evans and Martin
Warriors- Curry and Ellis
Jazz- Deron Williams
Hornets- Chris Paul and Collison
Raptors-Jose Calderon
Bucks- Jennings and Ridnour
Nets- Devin Harris and Courtney Lee
Grizzlies- Conley and Mayo
Wizards- Arenas, Foye, and Crittenton.
Houston- Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry
Pistons- Stuckey, Bynum, and Gordon

The Clippers, 76ers, Pacers, and Knicks are in need of upgrades at the PG position. They could take John Wall. I get that the Sixers have Lou Williams and Jrue Holliday. I also get that the Clippers have Baron Davis. Those options aren't great. The Knicks might try and trade into the lottery. The Clippers and Sixers need long-term options at PG. Douglas and whoever else the Knicks have at PG aren’t franchise changers yet.

The Jazz could be an interesting team since they have the Knicks pick. They don't need Wall and could trade down. They would most likely want Favors or Aldrich to replace Boozer. Henson is also a possibility with the Jazz. The Jazz could have two lottery picks and end up getting Xavier Henry and Derrick Favors.

td0tsfinest
11-17-2009, 06:17 PM

TJ ford's production right now as that of a back up PG. If Dunleavy gets healthy, they'll have a potent backcourt. Both Dunleavy and Wall could handle the ball.

Ye Charlotte has Felton and Augustine. So what? We're talking about the #1 prospect. People are comparing him to Derrick Rose and Dwayne Wade. I draft him and ship those two guys in a heart beat.

HouRealCoach
11-17-2009, 07:43 PM
this will not be an issue. how can you say that the knicks or sixers wouldnt want/need him?

I doubt Sixers get a pick that high and the Jazz has the Knicks First ROund unprotected pick

Raps18-19 Champ
11-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Which means he'll be drafted #1 and trade down for value. How is it "hard to find a team" when you get drafted #1? Seriously, I don't think he cares what ****** team he plays on (he knows he'll be on a ****** team) he's more worried about dropping to #3 and losing millions.

Either way, he's on a crappy team.

What are you getting at?

I was saying that it WOULD be easy to find a team.

theuuord
11-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Np, whoever gets him should trade him to LA for Ron Artest and Sasha What-a-chich.

PG - John Wall
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lamar Odom
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: they would dominate now and with Wall and Bynum, still be set for the future as well.

This proves that Godwin's Law on most forums is actually Kobe's Law on PSD.

TEAMS THAT COULD BE IN THE LOTTERY THAT DON'T NEED JOHN WALL!

Thunder- Westbrook and Harden
T-Wolves- Rubio, Flynn, and Ellington
Kings-Evans and Martin
Warriors- Curry and Ellis
Jazz- Deron Williams
Hornets- Chris Paul and Collison
Raptors-Jose Calderon
Bucks- Jennings and Ridnour
Nets- Devin Harris and Courtney Lee
Grizzlies- Conley and Mayo
Wizards- Arenas, Foye, and Crittenton.
Houston- Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry
Pistons- Stuckey, Bynum, and Gordon

Pretty much all of these teams would probably draft Wall if they had the chance. Wall's ceiling is way higher that most of the second guys mentioned. The Kings are really the only one you would have trouble saying, because they have future cornerstones at both positions that Wall could play in the NBA.

You really think the Bucks are gonna say, "well, we have Luke Ridnour. No need for John Wall"?

VikingsRice18
11-18-2009, 03:01 PM
could be