PDA

View Full Version : Cedric Benson Now Day-To-Day

Confusion
11-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Cedric Benson left Sunday's game against the Steelers with a hip injury and will not return.
Bernard Scott is now the feature back, although there are rumors that the Bengals could look to Larry Johnson if Benson misses significant time. Benson did try to come back in after the injury, but was really struggling. He finished the game with seven carries for 22 yards.

rotoworld

Kakaroach
11-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Beat me to it, then again I was watching the game lol. I'll post any other updates here.

MystkLp
11-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Liked what I saw from Scott today. Has a ton of stuff to work on, but great to see him out on the field.

Confusion
11-15-2009, 07:16 PM
An update:

Cedric Benson (strained hip flexor) says he will rest early in the week but hopes to be ready for Week 11.
We haven't heard any official medical reports yet, so Benson's words are tough to take at face value. It's a good sign that he was allowed to briefly come back into the game, but did look very hobbled when he did. It's hard to see Benson being 100 percent against the Raiders at this point.

rotoworld

Kakaroach
11-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Yeah here's another update, a little more clearer. Looks like he'll be ready for next week, might not know until later this week though.

The Bengals say that Cedric Benson (hip flexor) will be ready for Week 11.

Benson also says the injury won't keep him out, though he probably won't practice much next week. He finished Sunday's win over Pittsburgh with just seven rushes for 22 yards, but it's promising that Benson was at least able to return briefly. Benson has a favorable Week 11 matchup against Oakland. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3139

Eagles4Lyfe
11-16-2009, 01:36 PM
yess glad its nothign serious but you guys luckily face a bottom feeder and your back up looked pretty alright so i would rest benson thsi week because im sure you guys can beat the raiders without him..But i hope you guys stay a top even though im an eagles fan i really like your team...Chad made me a fan of this team from all his td celebrations from 3 4 years ago and carson palmers a real underrated qb...But ya good luck to you guys hopefully you dont lose anymore good players

miller74
11-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Just a heads up Bengal fans, Larry Johnson is on his way to Cincy expected to sign. Dont know what that means for Benson.
Here is the link its Adam Schefter hes usually very accurate
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Kakaroach
11-16-2009, 09:40 PM
UPDATE: Benson will be a game-time decision on Monday. If we sign LJ, don't expect him to even be active.

Both Cedric Benson (hip) and Bengals coach Marvin Lewis indicated Monday that Benson could be a game-time decision in Week 11.

Benson's injury is not serious, but he will be limited in practice this week. The hip injury is an "abductor strain" that Benson suffered in Week 9 and caused him to be limited heading into Sunday's tilt with the Steelers. The Bengals are adamant that Larry Johnson's addition doesn't mean Benson is in danger of sitting out. His ability to recover quickly will determine his status at Oakland. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=3139

MystkLp
11-16-2009, 11:12 PM
I don't think he should even play this Sunday (my fantasy teams will suffer, but screw it haha). Our guy needs to rest up. Let Scott and Leonard handle the load. If we sign LJ, then BAM not too bad a combination!

Kakaroach
11-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Another UPDATE: Benson is now day-to-day, expected to play this Sunday:

Bengals beat writer Joe Reedy calls Cedric Benson's hip injury "something of a day to day thing."

Coach Marvin Lewis didn't give much of an update Monday, perhaps because he fully expects Benson to return for Week 12. He will probably be limited in practice this week. The Bengals badly need Benson healthy down the stretch. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=3139