PDA

View Full Version : 09 Rookie Class

Fenominon
11-15-2009, 01:09 PM
If I recall correctly there was widespread consensus that this rookie class was very weak. So far, I would have to say that these kids are holding their own and that we might not see a ton of superstars out of this draft I think there are a lot of solid players this year. I know it's early but I would speculate that....

potential superstars:
Jennings
Evans
Griffin??? who knows, we'll see

Solid role players
flynn, curry, derozen, T williams, hansbrough, lawson, teague, maynor, collison, gibson, beaubois, douglas, blair

We'll see how the rest of them fair throughout the year but so far I wouldn't say this was a weak draft.

what54!?
11-15-2009, 01:16 PM
no people said this draft would be weak but the there would be plenty of great guards. So far the guards, like the people you metioned, have been great and everyone else is just whatever. This draft was filled with guards with great potential but everyone else were just soild role players except blake griffin, thabeet (gonna be a bust), and mullens who also have potential

mrblisterdundee
11-15-2009, 01:46 PM
This year's rookie class is strong at the point guard position. Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry, Johny Flynn and Ty Lawson all have what it takes to be quality starting point guards; a couple of them true superstars. The NBA still doesn't know how good that Harry Potter-lookin' whiner from Spain will do once he gets over not being signed by Los Angeles or New York.

PrettyBoyJ
11-15-2009, 01:59 PM
I've been saying this since June Brandon Jennings was the steal of the draft... I even went out and said he would win rookie of the year and ppl said i was stupid... lol.. well guess I wasnt so stupid after all...

Confusion
11-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Ty Lawson, Brandon Jennings, and Tyreke Evans are my three.

asandhu23
11-15-2009, 02:04 PM
I remember people calling this weakest draft in years. lol. everyone said after griffin, there is a huge drop off in talent. lol

jimbobjarree
11-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Maynnorrrrrrrrrrrrr

and i love me some b jennz and tyreke

rick66ankiel24
11-15-2009, 02:26 PM
i loved jennings in HS, then fell off the bandwagon when he left the country, but it looks like its time to hop back on haha. once redd comes back his points and shots will decrease, but hopefully he'll become a better distributer, driving and kicking out to michael

B.JenningsMVP
11-15-2009, 02:42 PM
I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago

Tyreke Jennings
11-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Jennings and Evans will be the best out of this draft.

AI4MVP
11-15-2009, 03:01 PM
potential superstars:
Jennings
Evans
Griffin??? who knows, we'll see

Solid role players
flynn, curry, derozen, T williams, hansbrough, lawson, teague, maynor, collison, gibson, beaubois, douglas, blair

this is almost exactly wat i posted somewhere a couple days ago, except i said that flynn, curry, lawson would be not quite superstars and not quite role players. maybe a couple all star appearances

i said the players im not completely sure about is terrence williams and demar derozan. i think they both have the potential to either be super stars or career bench players

believe it or not, i really believe rodrigue beabouis has super star potential. some of the things he does on the court is amazing, and withsome time in the league and with some experience and learning, especially learing from jason kidd, i think he can be one of those players we look back on and think "howd he fall??"

but obvioulsy, jennings falling to ten will be the most talked about thing.

i really believe in a couple years, the talk of this draft will be "wow look at this. jordan hill and hasheem thabeet got drafted ahead of brandon jennings"

Fenominon
11-15-2009, 06:59 PM
I am pretty sure that there were many commentators and analysts who said this was going to be a weak draft. True, there were a lot of guards in this draft and they seem to be the ones who are going off right now. Whether that is from opportunity or true talent remains to be seen as we have a lot of basketball left.

but that was a good point, it has been all guards, but I think the big men are in situations where they are not getting enough of an opportunity right now.

ie.... Jordan Hill, James Johnson, Hasheem Thabeet, Earl Clark, Sam Young, Marcus Thorton ect..

We'll see how this whole thing shakes out.

madiaz3
11-15-2009, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't call Flynn or Lawson solid role players, solid starters is more appropriate. They don't have to be the man ala Jennings but they play a significant role and carry their weight and can still be held accountable to some degree where as Hansbrough etc can be solid role players capable of contributing but not quite as vital.

Fenominon
11-15-2009, 08:07 PM
I see what you mean, I should distinguish between a role player, superstar and a starter. I see a number of future starters in this draft, a few superstars and a handful of role players. Flynn and lawson are definitely starters.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2009, 08:38 PM
its too early to call anything. The PG's have been top flight so far for sure. But there isn't much else. Griffin should be solid obviously, and it looks like Jennings, Flynn, and Evans all have star potential, with even Lawsom gaining support. But the class can't be judged for a little bit. I didn't even expect this out of Jennings I have to say. Not being able to watch him play college ball really skewed my opinion. His floater for a 19 year old is amazing. He will come back down to reality, but its clear he has the tools to be a very good PG

Hawkeye15
11-15-2009, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't call Flynn or Lawson solid role players, solid starters is more appropriate. They don't have to be the man ala Jennings but they play a significant role and carry their weight and can still be held accountable to some degree where as Hansbrough etc can be solid role players capable of contributing but not quite as vital.

good point, although I think Flynn is going to be pretty damn good, and that has nothing to do with him playing for my team. I thought that during draft workouts. I would say star potential belongs to Jennings, Flynn, and Evans right now, and I assume Blake G if he gets back and stays on the floor. THis is a very good set of rookie PG's to date. But its early. Lets wait a bit, when they are scouted, and see how their 2nd half goes.

jimbobjarree
11-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Wesley Matthews for undrafted rookie of the year