PDA

View Full Version : Should Jennings be put into the mix of top 10 pg's?

chitownbulls
11-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Or is it too early for him?
Face it the kid is a stud, and is the first to 50 points. IMO he is going to be top 10 in the future for sure, but how about right now?

Yes,YeS I know its rather early in the year but just giver your thoughts instead of posting that.

superkegger
11-15-2009, 11:04 AM
He's playing better than almost all other PG's right now. And he's got what was supposed to be a bad Bucks team, at 5-2, leading their division.

I think if you're asking who's playing like a top 10 pg right now, and you don't include him up there, very high, then you're not paying attention to what's going on.

davg31
11-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Before the season- no. Currently- yes. In the future- no doubt about it.

arkanian215
11-15-2009, 11:21 AM
not to mention they're reddless.

reemy
11-15-2009, 11:23 AM
MVP??? lol maybe if he averages enough and carry the bucks somewhere

randomness
11-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Well he's leading the Bucks to 5 wins already, he almost got a triple double in his first game and he got 55 points in one game already, I suppose he's a top 10 PG.

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Tony Parker
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Steve Nash
6. Gilbert Arenas
7. Devin Harris
8. Rajon Rondo
9. Brandon Jennings
10. Jason Kidd/Derrick Rose/Baron Davis/Jameer Nelson/Jose Calderon/Mo Williams/Mike Bibby/Russell Westbrook

knickerbockerny
11-15-2009, 11:32 AM
As of right now, there are only two pgs in the league playing better and that is Nash and Paul. You could subtract Paul from the situation because his team is not winning. So that leaves Nash and Jennings as one and two respectfully.

mawbsta
11-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Can you name 10 point guards who are having better seasons, and whose teams are winning? I dont think it is too early to call him a 'top 10' because the shoe fits... two weeks from now the list will change, but 10 games into the season he is top 5, if not top 3.

Arenas and Paul are having equally impressive statistical seasons but the Wiz are 2-7 and the Hornets 3-8. Would anyone here suggest Milwaukee has a superior roster to those teams? Heck no. the Bucks are leading the division and that rests squarely on the shoulders of Jennings, who is the best bucks PG since Terrell Brandon. Deron is putting up 20-10 in Utah but the Jazz are 4-6, with a much more noted roster. Rondo is doing his thing defensively, but he has hit just 3 of 12 free throws and is 0-3 from outside and averaging just 10ppg.

The facts indicate BJ is #1 amongst NBA pgs in points per game, 3pters made, 3pt % and field goals attempted. His 4.4 rebounds a game has him sitting 3rd, ft attempts 11th, and his 1.1 stls is top 15. Milwaukee is 5-2

The two point guards who are head and shoulders above the rest this early in the season and the only two INDISPUTABLY better than Jennings right now are Chauncey Billups and Steve Nash.

Even if you disagree with that, you have to consider Jennings neck and neck with the likes of Rondo, Deron, Arenas, Bibby and Paul which places him squarely in the 3 to 7 range, most likely 5th.

Who is left? BJ is vastly outplaying Tony, Mo, Jose, Devin, Jason, Russell, Baron, Derrick, Rafer and Jameer.

What I can say with confidence is that Jennings is clearly the front runner for rookie of the year. His stats would suggest he at least deserves a mention for an all-star spot, although we know Wade, Ray, Vince and Arenas are probably the shoe-ins with JJ

The real shame is that Jennings was a relatively unknown commodity, so when the All-Star ballots went out, his name was omitted in place of players like (average guards) Rodney Stuckey, Kirk Hinrich, Devin Harris, TJ Ford and Chris Duhon, and should be the Milwaukee representative ahead of Michael Redd.

Fantasy owners would consider BJ a top 3 PG and are probably shopping him with all their might to try and land a proven commodity. WHo knows how long BJ can keep this up, but he sure is a joy to watch, and an unexpected treat at that.

SirCalvin81
11-15-2009, 11:54 AM
i cant wait 4 rondo 2 talk **** so jennings will then lite him up

SirCalvin81
11-15-2009, 11:56 AM
dudes got mad skills. i love his shot man. he reminds me of a quicker nick van excel

fairandbalanced
11-15-2009, 11:58 AM
he is a shooting guard.........he does not play like a pg.

GreenMan305
11-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Well he's leading the Bucks to 5 wins already, he almost got a triple double in his first game and he got 55 points in one game already, I suppose he's a top 10 PG.

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Tony Parker
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Steve Nash
6. Gilbert Arenas
7. Devin Harris
8. Rajon Rondo
9. Brandon Jennings
10. Jason Kidd/Derrick Rose/Baron Davis/Jameer Nelson/Jose Calderon/Mo Williams/Mike Bibby/Russell Westbrook

Ahhhhhh. Y is arenas top 10? The guy is overrated and overpaid. A damn team killer. Top pointguards don't leaad the league in turnovers as well

beardown78
11-15-2009, 12:20 PM
He's playing better than almost all other PG's right now. And he's got what was supposed to be a bad Bucks team, at 5-2, leading their division.

I think if you're asking who's playing like a top 10 pg right now, and you don't include him up there, very high, then you're not paying attention to what's going on.

Cmon fam,leading the division after 7 games? Who talks about division leaders 7 games into the season? Oh yeah Bucks fans

beardown78
11-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Can you name 10 point guards who are having better seasons, and whose teams are winning? I dont think it is too early to call him a 'top 10' because the shoe fits... two weeks from now the list will change, but 10 games into the season he is top 5, if not top 3.

Arenas and Paul are having equally impressive statistical seasons but the Wiz are 2-7 and the Hornets 3-8. Would anyone here suggest Milwaukee has a superior roster to those teams? Heck no. the Bucks are leading the division and that rests squarely on the shoulders of Jennings, who is the best bucks PG since Terrell Brandon. Deron is putting up 20-10 in Utah but the Jazz are 4-6, with a much more noted roster. Rondo is doing his thing defensively, but he has hit just 3 of 12 free throws and is 0-3 from outside and averaging just 10ppg.

The facts indicate BJ is #1 amongst NBA pgs in points per game, 3pters made, 3pt % and field goals attempted. His 4.4 rebounds a game has him sitting 3rd, ft attempts 11th, and his 1.1 stls is top 15. Milwaukee is 5-2

The two point guards who are head and shoulders above the rest this early in the season and the only two INDISPUTABLY better than Jennings right now are Chauncey Billups and Steve Nash.

Even if you disagree with that, you have to consider Jennings neck and neck with the likes of Rondo, Deron, Arenas, Bibby and Paul which places him squarely in the 3 to 7 range, most likely 5th.

Who is left? BJ is vastly outplaying Tony, Mo, Jose, Devin, Jason, Russell, Baron, Derrick, Rafer and Jameer.

What I can say with confidence is that Jennings is clearly the front runner for rookie of the year. His stats would suggest he at least deserves a mention for an all-star spot, although we know Wade, Ray, Vince and Arenas are probably the shoe-ins with JJ

The real shame is that Jennings was a relatively unknown commodity, so when the All-Star ballots went out, his name was omitted in place of players like (average guards) Rodney Stuckey, Kirk Hinrich, Devin Harris, TJ Ford and Chris Duhon, and should be the Milwaukee representative ahead of Michael Redd.

Fantasy owners would consider BJ a top 3 PG and are probably shopping him with all their might to try and land a proven commodity. WHo knows how long BJ can keep this up, but he sure is a joy to watch, and an unexpected treat at that.

He vastly outplayed a injured DRose in a loss

king4day
11-15-2009, 12:31 PM
I say not yet.
7 games into the season, teams need a few tries to learn to play him.
If after 30 or 40 games, he's still doing it, then he probably is.

WSU Tony
11-15-2009, 12:42 PM
10 games in.... are you kidding me?

Ramon Sessions had like 25 assists one game last year, does that make him a top 10 PG?

Jennings had a 55 point game this year, does that make him a top 10 PG?

Confusion
11-15-2009, 12:42 PM
To early for him, but I'd put him in the top fifteen right now.