PDA

View Full Version : Jason Thompson

JayW_1023
11-15-2009, 06:02 AM
This kid looks to really have the goods to become an all-star someday. People were raving about Anthony Randolph and those guys before the season...but I think of all the young bigs in this league, Thompson prolly has the most upside. He is already a good rebounder and his offensive game is rapidly improving.

Tyreke Evans is getting all the credit, but Thompson is just as much reason for the Kings suprising start...if not more.

ZebraCity916
11-15-2009, 06:17 AM
Thompson has been playing more than awesome for us. He's averaging a double-double right now and his PPG is on the rise. In the last 4/5 games he's gotten 19/10 or better.

DerekRE_3
11-15-2009, 06:22 AM
When Jason Thompson does well, we do well. It's no coincidence that over the past 5 games we've gone 4-1. He's gotten a double double each time and averaged 20 points and 11.6 rebounds a game during that span.

Here is what Jason Thompson does well
-Shoot Free Throws (82%)
-Run the Floor
-Mid range shot is improving more and more, especially off the dribble
-Pass (3 APG)
-Rebounding: Especially offensive rebounding, he is relentless (2nd in the NBA at 4.8 offensive boards a game)
-Defend the pick and roll: He has the lateral quickness to switch on a lot of guards without getting burned
-Ball handling: He has permission from Coach Westphal to get the rebound and lead the break. I've seen this guy cross up opposing guards in the open floor and dish it off to a teammate for a layup when he runs the break
-Hustle: He is everywhere on the court, the man is tireless

Still needs to improve:
-Post defense
-Post game on offense: He still rushes too much inside. When he remembers to slow down he finishes
-Needs to learn how to stay out of foul trouble

I love this guy's versatility. Not only is he very skilled, but he has a high motor and always gives 100% effort. There aren't many big guys out there that have ball handling and passing skills, that also do the dirty work like he does. A 6'11 250 pound PF/C that can run the floor, handle the ball, pass the ball, shoot, and rebound is tough to find.

Trouble87
11-15-2009, 06:29 AM
Thompson was a definite sleeper... props to the Sac Town GM & scouts for drafting him

Venomous88
11-15-2009, 06:32 AM
Funny the Kings have finally started to win once Martin is out. I'm happy to see them win again. If they stay consistent, they could be competing for the 8th seed

ZebraCity916
11-15-2009, 06:38 AM
When Jason Thompson does well, we do well. It's no coincidence that over the past 5 games we've gone 4-1. He's gotten a double double each time and averaged 20 points and 11.6 rebounds a game during that span.

-Shoot Free Throws (82%)
-Run the Floor
-Pass (3 APG)
-Rebounding: Especially offensive rebounding, he is relentless (2nd in the NBA at 4.8 offensive boards a game)
-Defend the pick and roll: He has the lateral quickness to switch on a lot of guards without getting burned
-Ball handling: He has permission from Coach Westphal to get the rebound and lead the break. I've seen this guy cross up opposing guards in the open floor and dish it off to a teammate for a layup when he runs the break

Still needs to improve:
-Post defense
-Post game on offense: He still rushes too much inside. When he remembers to slow down he finishes

I love this guy's versatility. Not only is he very skilled, but he has a high motor and always gives 100% effort. There aren't many big guys out there that have ball handling and passing skills, that also do the dirty work like he does. A 6'11 250 pound PF/C that can run the floor, handle the ball, pass the ball, shoot, and rebound is tough to find.

100% agree on everything. :clap:

You know JT leads the league in fouls per game?? :facepalm:

He's starting to get better about it though which is why he's been playing so well.

arkanian215
11-15-2009, 11:21 AM
yup imo the main reason why the kings didnt do well in their first four games was cuz thompson didnt show up. now people are saying the kings are better without kevin martin. imo the real reason they're doing better is cuz thompson finally showed up.

Confusion
11-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Looks pretty solid actually.

ManRam
11-15-2009, 01:00 PM
I love Jason Thompson (partially because he's on my fantasy teams). He's taller, bigger and I think better than Randolph...so I agree with the OP on that point. Martin going down was a blessing. With Evans the focal point, they now have someone who can create for his teammates. When Martin was running the show, he was a shoot first player who didn't get his other guys involved. The offense is so much more balanced now...and Thompson has been shining. He's gonna be a stud. They have a few good things going for them up in Sacramento (Thompson, Evans, Hawes). I really don't think it's a coincidence that they are playing better without K-Mart.

Tyreke Jennings
11-15-2009, 02:28 PM

-Shoot Free Throws (82%)
-Run the Floor
-Pass (3 APG)

Still needs to improve:
-Post defense

There we go. :clap:

chicagocubsfan
11-15-2009, 02:36 PM
^ Sounds alot like an early Chris Webber

Tyreke Jennings
11-15-2009, 02:42 PM
I hope so. JT is legit

Raps18-19 Champ
11-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Not to take away from him but having no one on that team increases his stats.

Tyreke Jennings
11-15-2009, 02:49 PM
That negates what you just said. And even if there as "no one" on our team, it should make it even harder for him to accomplish what he is doing, because the opposing teams defense would ONLY focus on him

sexicano31
11-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Lets go jt! Represent rider u!

ZebraCity916
11-15-2009, 04:39 PM
That negates what you just said. And even if there as "no one" on our team, it should make it even harder for him to accomplish what he is doing, because the opposing teams defense would ONLY focus on him

Exactly. :clap:

DerekRE_3
11-15-2009, 04:41 PM

If you look at the shot distribution of the team it's actually pretty balanced. That argument would work if this team were losing, but it's 5-4. It's not like Thompson is putting up big numbers in losses. His great play has been leading to wins.

ZebraCity916
11-15-2009, 04:44 PM
^Yup.

jimbobjarree
11-15-2009, 07:30 PM
I just want to say I have come here, completely off my own accord and not having been coerced in any way (especialy not physically anyway) to say Jason Thompson is a mighty fine power forward

spreadeagle
11-15-2009, 07:51 PM
This kid looks to really have the goods to become an all-star someday. People were raving about Anthony Randolph and those guys before the season...but I think of all the young bigs in this league, Thompson prolly has the most upside. He is already a good rebounder and his offensive game is rapidly improving.

Tyreke Evans is getting all the credit, but Thompson is just as much reason for the Kings suprising start...if not more.

I took him in every fantasy league i am in SCORE hes killing this yr

ZebraCity916
11-15-2009, 08:18 PM
I have him on my fantasy team too. :D