PDA

View Full Version : What's Next for Pac?

JJ_JKidd
11-15-2009, 01:50 AM
First off, congrats to Pac! Dang what a clinic. He should be banned in boxing IMHO. So whats next for Pac after the Cotto ownage?

1. Warm-up (possibly SS Mosley) fight before CryWeather or

2. Immediate fight with CryWeather?

PAC IS THE KING!!!

DamnGoat
11-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Hopefully Mayweather, but for some reason I don't think that fight will ever happen.

LakerKB24Fan
11-15-2009, 01:54 AM
I really want to see Pacquiao vs Mayweather, I would like to see what pac will do with may's defense, but it seems that mayweather is dodging pac for some reason.

DamnGoat
11-15-2009, 01:56 AM
I really want to see Pacquiao vs Mayweather, I would like to see what pac will do with may's defense, but it seems that mayweather is dodging pac for some reason.
That's why I don't think it'll ever happen.

Pacquiao has said in the past that Floyd doesn't want to fight him and I think he's right.

JJ_JKidd
11-15-2009, 01:58 AM

Pacquiao has said in the past that Floyd doesn't want to fight him and I think he's right.

GayWeather!!!

LakerKB24Fan
11-15-2009, 01:59 AM

maybe if the money is right, money mayweather won't be able to resist

yboord028
11-15-2009, 01:59 AM
I would give 1,000 dollars towards the split for a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight as I'm sure others would too.

JJ_JKidd
11-15-2009, 02:04 AM
If I was Manny Id agree to a 10-90, 10 for me, fight just so I can shut GayWeather's mouth F'in SHUT!!!!!

mdlr52192
11-15-2009, 02:11 AM
Hopefully straight to Mayweather, that's why I think it was all setup for Pacquiao to fight Cotto and Mayweather to fight Marquez so if they both won it would be clearly set up for a Pac Mayweather fight, from what I'm seeing it seems like Mayweather doesn't wanna do this (using the excuse if Arum makes money)

Raps18-19 Champ
11-15-2009, 02:29 AM
Mayweather will bite.

According to PBFMM, he still thinks he is the "Pound for Pound" King and he would probaly fight Pacman to try and shut him up.

A fight like that would also guarantee at least minimum 15 Mil. They might even get as much as 25 mil.

Wiz kids
11-15-2009, 02:32 AM
Pacquiao is by far my fav. fighter, but I don't think he can beat Mayweather.

IDB Josh M
11-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Pacquiao is by far my fav. fighter, but I don't think he can beat Mayweather.

My father too. But after seeing how Manny handled Cotto ... it made him believe. And Manny is the first fighter I've seen to go up in weight, and dominate!

TopsyTurvy
11-15-2009, 03:10 AM
Mayweather, Mosley, and Pacquiao are set to make an immense amount of money. Two of those three will fight and someone will have to watch and wait.

lakerboy
11-15-2009, 04:31 AM
Mosley already has a fight in January, and I doubt Pac and Floyd would wait for months for Mosley. Also, Shane doesn't generate much money. The money is with Money and Manny :)

Both of them have to settle for a 50-50 split, or maybe 55-45 Floyd, tops.

marvILLous
11-15-2009, 04:54 AM
MAYWEATHER PLEASEEE

i wouldn't want pacquiao to fight mosley, mosley is too big for him and he could risk ruining his legacy..

but pacquiao would **** mayweather's **** up!! hahaaa

The_Mac22
11-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Mayweather can't **** with Pac.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-15-2009, 01:51 PM
I also heard a rumour where if Mayweather fights another "warm-up" fight, Pacquiao would go with Marquez as his next opponent to settle their difference.

Not what I'd want first but I'd watch because Marquez is the only fighter who actually last 12 round vs Pacman in over 2 years.

H.E.R.
11-15-2009, 02:39 PM
I also heard a rumour where if Mayweather fights another "warm-up" fight, Pacquiao would go with Marquez as his next opponent to settle their difference.

Not what I'd want first but I'd watch because Marquez is the only fighter who actually last 12 round vs Pacman in over 2 years.

I've said it plenty of times. If those two ever fought again, Pacquiao will make sure Marquez stays down this time. They are two completely different boxers above 130. Even if the fight were to take place at 140 (Pacquiao probably can't make 135 anymore), I think Pacquiao hurts him bad.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-15-2009, 02:45 PM
^

I know Pacman will destroy him the next time.

steelcityroller
11-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Anything other than Pacman vs Mayweather is pointless IMO

H.E.R.
11-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Anything other than Pacman vs Mayweather is pointless IMO

I'll disagree. Mosley vs either of them would also be a sight to see.

KingOf215
11-15-2009, 03:35 PM
I'll disagree. Mosley vs either of them would also be a sight to see.

I'll back up the other poster and disagree with you... it would be pointless. The world wants to see mayweather vs pacquaio... even the HBPO 24/7 leading up to the fight would be awesome.

Don't waste our time... bring on the fight of the century.:mad:

H.E.R.
11-15-2009, 03:48 PM
I'll back up the other poster and disagree with you... it would be pointless. The world wants to see mayweather vs pacquaio... even the HBPO 24/7 leading up to the fight would be awesome.

Don't waste our time... bring on the fight of the century.:mad:

Mayweather vs Pacquiao is the fight everyone wants to see, but either negotiating with Mosley would be much easier. To say those would be bad fights no one wants to see is asinine.

2009mvp
11-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Century? Easy there...

I'd like to say that I think Mayweather is ready to fight Pacman, but it's hard to imagine he and his 0 wanting any part of what we saw last night. Provided that Mosley handles Berto, he's the only other interesting fight for Pacman. There's just no one in the world at/around that weight besides Floyd/Mosley that I could see dealing with Pacquiao's hand speed at this point.

H.E.R.
11-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Century? Easy there...

Have a better fight since 2000?

ABOMB_56
11-15-2009, 04:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=dw-pacfloyd111509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Within minutes, Ross Greenberg, the head of HBO Sports said he had spoken to Richard Shaefer of Golden Boy Promotions, which represents Mayweather.

“Richard told me point blank, Bob Arum will be getting that call Monday,” Greenberg said. “He plans on meeting next week with Bob to make the Mayweather fight.”

Looks like Floyd vs. Pac-Man is going to happen

KingOf215
11-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Mayweather vs Pacquiao is the fight everyone wants to see, but either negotiating with Mosley would be much easier. To say those would be bad fights no one wants to see is asinine.

No one is saying they would be bad fights... and if they did, yes that would be asinine.

But, jeopardizing what can be one of the most important fights in the history of boxing, for just your run-of-the-mill 'good fight' is just stupid. It'd be incredibly foolish. :facepalm:

2009mvp
11-15-2009, 05:44 PM
My optimistic side wants to think that this really is the perfect storm that even Ellerbe and his cronies can't avoid. There's just so much money on the table I'm not sure how they can turn it down, unless Arum really does try and **** with them on the split.

Dr Dro
11-15-2009, 10:52 PM
I hope the get it done, Pac vs Mayweather would be HUGE

Ray_R
11-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Wellatleast I know Im the only mayweather fan in here.I also believe and so does every other critic that JMM was robbed in the last fight sure he sure he got knocked out in the early rounds but if you lookat the fight he outboxed him. Im not going to hate on Pac Man becuase i actually thought he was going to lose just becuase i thought he had fought nothing but big stars in their decline. But i was wrong and He proved me wrong.:clap: Congrats

jetsforever
11-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Wellatleast I know Im the only mayweather fan in here.I also believe and so does every other critic that JMM was robbed in the last fight sure he sure he got knocked out in the early rounds but if you lookat the fight he outboxed him. Im not going to hate on Pac Man becuase i actually thought he was going to lose just becuase i thought he had fought nothing but big stars in their decline. But i was wrong and He proved me wrong.:clap: Congrats

Nope i like PBF. Mayweather has to fight Pac. It will solidify his legacy. Pacman will always be known as a great. There is so much more controversy with Pretty Boy.

Pacman's next fight is between PBF or Mosely. Anybody else would just be a disapointment and rape

aNYer
11-16-2009, 03:30 AM
Mayweather is going to keep ducking Manny. There are a few fighters that would give him a good fight and he flat out said a loss to them would kill his rep and wouldn't improve his in a win cause they have already lost and so there is a blueprint on how to beat them, what ever that means.
I think Manny's last fight made him a historic fighter. Not GOAT but a modern day legend for sure. Cotto is a damned good fighter and he dismantled him. Mayweather he great defense but he can't hurt Manny and Manny will take a punch to give one.
I want to see the fight but I can't imagine Mayweather takes it and chances (more then chances IMO) his first loss at this stage of his career, his legacy means too much to him. I think if he lost a fight or 2 when he was younger then he thinks more about taking this fight, as it stands its gonna take stupid money for him to consider it.

jetsforever
11-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Mayweather is going to keep ducking Manny. There are a few fighters that would give him a good fight and he flat out said a loss to them would kill his rep and wouldn't improve his in a win cause they have already lost and so there is a blueprint on how to beat them, what ever that means.
I think Manny's last fight made him a historic fighter. Not GOAT but a modern day legend for sure. Cotto is a damned good fighter and he dismantled him. Mayweather he great defense but he can't hurt Manny and Manny will take a punch to give one.
I want to see the fight but I can't imagine Mayweather takes it and chances (more then chances IMO) his first loss at this stage of his career, his legacy means too much to him. I think if he lost a fight or 2 when he was younger then he thinks more about taking this fight, as it stands its gonna take stupid money for him to consider it.

Problem is, if he doesnt take this fight, his legend will be tarnished anyways

Fadilles
11-16-2009, 04:42 PM
^^^ exactly .. this legacy Floyd is so worried about protecting is a legacy in his own head. So in an effort to solidify his position on the all-time greats list he flat out refuses to fight someone who would be a challenge? :rolleyes: It's a ridiculous notion on his part and will only further everyone's disdain for him.

As for the money issue... Pac Vs PBF would have the chance to break DLH vs PPF's $$$ and we know that combined DLH and PBF did pulled in something like $70 million combined for that fight... the opportunity to pull that kinda cake again has got to be appealing for an egomaniac like Floyd

Gangreenseason
11-16-2009, 05:12 PM
^^^ exactly .. this legacy Floyd is so worried about protecting is a legacy in his own head. So in an effort to solidify his position on the all-time greats list he flat out refuses to fight someone who would be a challenge? :rolleyes: It's a ridiculous notion on his part and will only further everyone's disdain for him.

As for the money issue... Pac Vs PBF would have the chance to break DLH vs PPF's $$$ and we know that combined DLH and PBF did pulled in something like $70 million combined for that fight... the opportunity to pull that kinda cake again has got to be appealing for an egomaniac like Floyd

I am just curious who has Mayweather Ducked really ? Maybe it was Cotto but after he lost to Maergarito Cotto damaged the earning power of that megafight with floyd by losing.

This fight will happen Too much money on.the table for each side to turn down

Fadilles
11-16-2009, 06:01 PM
He ducked Margarito .. to fight Baldomir. I'll admit I've only really followed boxing for the last 4 yrs or so.. but in that time frame Mayweather has done nothing but talk up his own greatness while fighting almost no one. Hatton was a bum, his main quality being that he's a big $ draw b/c of his rabid fan base. DLH was past his prime.. but still gave Floyd some work and if he kept the jab goin could have won that fight. JMM was a complete joke of an opponent who had no business in the ring at that weight vs PBF.

The thing that irks me is that PBF and his fans continually tout his greatness and how he'd easily handle Pacquiao .. and do it by defending the fact that he doesnt even have to fight him to prove it. As a fan who'd love to see that fight (i do think Mayweather wins actually) I just hate the fact that we might never see it.. b/c someone who's self professed a 'great fighter' refuses to fight anyone worth their weight.

Hell.. Cotto, Margarito, Berto, Williams, Clottey, Mosely, now Pac... PBF hasn't fought anyone relevant in his weight class in like 5 yrs

NYKnickFanatic
11-17-2009, 04:31 PM
MAYWEATHER PLEASEEE

i wouldn't want pacquiao to fight mosley, mosley is too big for him and he could risk ruining his legacy..

but pacquiao would **** mayweather's **** up!! hahaaa

That's what they said about Cotto and look what happened...

H.E.R.
11-17-2009, 04:33 PM
I am just curious who has Mayweather Ducked really ?

Margarito, Williams, Mosley, Cotto, are the main welterweights (Now "were" since Margarito was suspended, Williams moved up in weight, Cotto losing to Pacquiao since he retired and fought Marquez instead of them). By retiring and then taking a safe fight with Marquez at 147, you could say the list could've included Pacquiao, Clottey, Berto, Quintana, and Collazo. You could also include Cintron when Mayweather started campaigning at 147.

No one's saying he has to fight or should've fought all of them. No one's saying he can't beat any of them. However, when you look at the guys he has fought and those guys I mentioned, no one's saying he can beat them either.

TragicallyHip
11-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Freddie Roach wants this fight to happen and Manny definitely didn't say no to it when he was asked following his absolute dismantaling of Cotto who was supposed to be too big and too strong.

I agree that there is too much money on the table for this fight not to happen.

I can't wait to see the look on Mayweather's face after he loses that undefeated record. Pac Man will destroy Mayweather.