PDA

View Full Version : Are the Hawks legitimate enough to win the 2nd or 3rd Seed in the East?

Mr.ATLHawks
11-14-2009, 08:59 PM
nobody is talking about Atlanta going into Boston and getting a HUGE road win last night. Do you guys see Atlanta as a legitimate contender to win the 1st seed in the East? They have tons of depth with the addition of Jamal Crawford and the offense appears to be looking much more fluid this year. Josh Smith is playign very effcient and has yet to attempt a 3 pointer all year while still playing amazing defense. Horford has gone for 20+ 2 times int he first 9 games. Joe has been Joe, but alot more of a team player and is finally believing in his supporting cast. They are alot younger then Boston and Cleveland. What are your thoughts?

ChiSox219
11-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Maybe, Maybe not. I'm sure glad I drafted Josh Smith and Al Horford.

VCaintdead17
11-14-2009, 10:34 PM
I think despite being an incredibly underrated team and being very competetive night in and night out they won't beat out the Celtics or the Magic for the top 2 seeds. Although I think the number 3 seed is very possible and they will definitely give the Cavs a tough time for the spot.

Confusion
11-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Third or fourth spot I can see it happening but not the first or second. Teams like Boston, Magic, Cavs will most likely get that.

Raph12
11-14-2009, 10:40 PM
I predict the Celtics and Magic will battle it out for the number 1 seed, while the Hawks and Cavaliers will be contending for number 3.

ChiSox219
11-14-2009, 10:47 PM
17-17-4-3 steals-2 blocks for Josh Smith tonight, that's sick.

I've got Orlando #1.

Boston: Depends on how they wear with time, a lot of minutes on KG, Pierce, Allen, and Wallace's legs. They lost tonight to a banged up Pacers team that virtually no one picked to make the playoffs.

Cavs: I expect them to improve, they are already playing better but I really expect them to gel and play at a high level, if Boston struggles late with injury the Cavs could be number 2. But you neveer know, Shaq has a tendency to get restless or hurt and Mo Williams is very streaky.

Hawks: Will be more consistent than the Cavs or Celtics but don't have the experience of those teams. I think they will cruise to a 4 seed but if the Cavs or Celtics struggle then they jump to #3

SB75
11-14-2009, 11:01 PM
I said before the season I thought my Hawks could be in the mix for the third seed. With how quickly Crawford has come in and fit in, we could possibly make a run at the #2 spot. I do ultimately believe Cle will end up #1.

I don't think Orl can shoot that hot from 3pt range all year, that's asking a lot.

Bos age may begin to catch up with them.

Josh Smith has been amazing. Joe has been Joe. Al has been worthy of his credit. No one can say how much Jamal and Joe Smith have mean to this team in terms of leadership and productive play off the bench.