PDA

View Full Version : Is KG okay? Should th Celts be worried?

shep33
11-14-2009, 07:47 PM
He doesn't look the same does he? I dunno about his knee, but his elevation seems to be way down. I guess he's getting pretty old at 33, but could this be the last year that the Celts could pull together a championship with this unit? I really want to see Celtics vs Lakers, as I think the Finals would be physical, likely go to 7, and fun to watch... kinda like the finals in the '90s. I actually thought Boston would come close to 70 this year if they stayed healthy... but I dunno anymore, their biggest weakness seems to be atheletic teams, which could be a sign of the whole team aging. If the Celtics don't win it all or even make the finals this year, think they should break up their older core of players and maybe try and trade KG, Sheed or Allen???

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-14-2009, 07:51 PM
dude are you serious???

trade sheed??? excuse me they just signed him lol

shep33
11-14-2009, 07:55 PM
dude are you serious???

trade sheed??? excuse me they just signed him lol

I'm talking about next year, who knows maybe he'll retire, he's getting old. I think he's 35-36 right now. Basically what I'm sayin is should the Celts try and make moves next season if they underachieve this year. A lot of writers and experts got them going into the finals, as do a lot of fans like myself. I'm actually a Laker fan, but I want to see both teams in the Finals cause I think it'd be the best possible finals to have.

Corey
11-14-2009, 08:39 PM
He's recovering from a serious knee injury.

If anything, he's had much more explosiveness and energy than I expected.

You can't base your opinions on scoring numbers when he's on a team like this.

The Destroya
11-14-2009, 08:50 PM
He doesn\'t look the same does he? I dunno about his knee, but his elevation seems to be way down. I guess he\'s getting pretty old at 33, but could this be the last year that the Celts could pull together a championship with this unit? I really want to see Celtics vs Lakers, as I think the Finals would be physical, likely go to 7, and fun to watch... kinda like the finals in the \'90s. I actually thought Boston would come close to 70 this year if they stayed healthy... but I dunno anymore, their biggest weakness seems to be atheletic teams, which could be a sign of the whole team aging. If the Celtics don\'t win it all or even make the finals this year, think they should break up their older core of players and maybe try and trade KG, Sheed or Allen???

Do you watch the games? Do you relize that he has been taking lob passes and almost averaging a double and double and has 1.5 blocks per game. He has been far more explosive then I would have ever thought. Please take some time out and watch a Celtics game. Thank you.

spreadeagle
11-14-2009, 08:55 PM
He doesn't look the same does he? I dunno about his knee, but his elevation seems to be way down. I guess he's getting pretty old at 33, but could this be the last year that the Celts could pull together a championship with this unit? I really want to see Celtics vs Lakers, as I think the Finals would be physical, likely go to 7, and fun to watch... kinda like the finals in the '90s. I actually thought Boston would come close to 70 this year if they stayed healthy... but I dunno anymore, their biggest weakness seems to be atheletic teams, which could be a sign of the whole team aging. If the Celtics don't win it all or even make the finals this year, think they should break up their older core of players and maybe try and trade KG, Sheed or Allen???
I get what your sayin.I mean at some point there is that year where great players become just good,due to wear n tear. In a yr or two they will have to start gettin younger,gettin some pics for one of there vets in a trade

Hawkeye15
11-14-2009, 09:01 PM
he will get better as the year goes on. Don't expect his stats to approach double double averages, the C's will be resting him big time this year, to prepare for the playoffs.
When you have 1200 games on youre knees, you decline. Pretty simple.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2009, 09:03 PM
I get what your sayin.I mean at some point there is that year where great players become just good,due to wear n tear. In a yr or two they will have to start gettin younger,gettin some pics for one of there vets in a trade

lets see if they can do that. They did a decent job of stacking these deals, but they won't get any decent picks anytime soon. Unless they trade one of the big players, which they probably won't do. The Cs went for it in a big way a couple summers ago. It will cost them a good chunk of wins down the line a bit, but they won it all, and could again this season. So it is worth it. But expect Boston to be back to non playoff team in around 3 years I would guess. Rondo isn't going to look all that good without all that help everywhere.

bigsams50
11-14-2009, 09:08 PM
lets see if they can do that. They did a decent job of stacking these deals, but they won't get any decent picks anytime soon. Unless they trade one of the big players, which they probably won't do. The Cs went for it in a big way a couple summers ago. It will cost them a good chunk of wins down the line a bit, but they won it all, and could again this season. So it is worth it. But expect Boston to be back to non playoff team in around 3 years I would guess. Rondo isn't going to look all that good without all that help everywhere.

Yea but when the big 3 finally call it quits, they should have enough cap to offer some contracts around

iggypop123
11-14-2009, 09:35 PM
he looks fine he just doesnt put up numbers. he still screams like he used too. surgery didnt take away his taunting

MalkinIsMagic
11-14-2009, 09:38 PM
he looks fine he just doesnt put up numbers. he still screams like he used too. surgery didnt take away his taunting

Still bitter. :rolleyes:

Raph12
11-14-2009, 10:50 PM
He looks pretty good for a 33 year old with alot of wear-and-tear on his knees, especially one coming back from surgery.

I do look for him to decline within the next 2 seasons though.

JayW_1023
11-15-2009, 05:47 AM
KG has transformed from a franchise superstar into an intangibles player...not judged by numbers, but by his impact on the floor.

Storch
11-15-2009, 01:50 PM
KG looks fine to me :shrug:

Confusion
11-15-2009, 01:59 PM
He's still recovering, he's fine though.