PDA

View Full Version : Would you want LeBron on your team?

bulls0918
11-14-2009, 06:15 PM
I mean, i know lebron is a really great player, but i dont think id want him on my team. he is really freaking cocky and he seems like a mean guy. im not sure if i would want him giving my team a bad reputation.

abe_froman
11-14-2009, 06:22 PM
why wouldnt you,better yet who wouldnt??

all the great ones have been cocky or *******s:russell,shaq,barry,mj,kobe,the list goes on...why should you let it stop you from having a great player...if you did,you'd never have one)

this about winning,not who you would wanna have a beer with

Young and Stupid
11-14-2009, 06:23 PM
:laugh2: You sound like a chick....are you? Yeah he is really mean and sometimes he hurts my feelings when he dunks because he is hurting the rim...and the rim is my friend, he just seems really mean. I hate that guy, meanie.

Gambeezy
11-14-2009, 06:26 PM
I love when new posters post something that immediate reflects their basketball IQ. It makes it easier to remember who to respect on these boards.

amos1er
11-14-2009, 06:28 PM
No I would not want Lebron on my team....simply put, the guy cares more about stats than wins.......thats why he got upset by Orlando in the ECF last season.....instead of guarding the Magics main offensive threats like Turkoglu or Lewis, he guarded Rafer Alston so that he could focus more on his offensive stats....in essence he sacrificed what was best for the team so that he could post nice stats.....HELL NO I WOULD NOT WANT A GUY LIKE POOR SPORT LEBRONZE JAMES ON MY TEAM!!!

theuuord
11-14-2009, 06:30 PM
god i love people.

bigsams50
WHo wouldnt want lebron?

Young and Stupid
No I would not want Lebron on my team....simply put, the guy cares more about stats than wins.......thats why he got upset by Orlando in the ECF last season.....instead of guarding the Magics main offensive threats like Turkoglu or Lewis, he guarded Rafer Alston so that he could focus more on his offensive stats....in essence he sacrificed what was best for the team so that he could post nice stats.....HELL NO I WOULD NOT WANT A GUY LIKE POOR SPORT LEBRONZE JAMES ON MY TEAM!!!

I'm not sure about this and it is possible that I'm wrong, but are you by any chance a fan of Kobe Bryant?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
NO, he sucks
:rolleyes:

bulls0918

good post. the guy is selfish and really only cares about stats and money.

theuuord
11-14-2009, 06:31 PM
what are the odds that this screename is an alias?

5-1? 10-1?

Red222
11-14-2009, 06:31 PM
I mean, i know lebron is a really great player, but i dont think id want him on my team. he is really freaking cocky and he seems like a mean guy. im not sure if i would want him giving my team a bad reputation.

:eyebrow::facepalm:

SA5195
11-14-2009, 06:36 PM
How does "he seems like a mean guy"?

What did he do?

And everyone in the leauge is cocky, don't you watch any games?

RaptorsFanatic
11-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Guys, I think this is a rhetorical question, show him some pity, if not, I'd recommend getting some help.

amos1er
11-14-2009, 06:40 PM
good post. the guy is selfish and really only cares about stats and money.

Agreed.....its a joke and insult to Kobe Bryant that people even use this chumps name in the same sentence.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-14-2009, 06:42 PM
No.

All he can do is get close to triple double stats and the best he did in the playoffs was single handedly bring them to the finals.

JasonJohnHorn
11-14-2009, 06:45 PM
I can understand how you feel. I grew up a Detroit fan and they played a team game. I would have never wanted to see Michael Jordan in a Detroit jersey because as talented as he was, he just wasn't the type of player I like to see win. Duncan, Nash, Magic, yeah, I love those guys and their team-mentality. I would have loved to see any of them dress in a Detroit jersey, but Jordan? Yeah, he's the best player, but he just wouldn't fit. Likewise, I wouldn't want Kobe on a team I like. I don't agree with the LeBron thing, I think he's a team player, but though I don't see as you do, I understand how somebody could see a talent like LeBron and not really want them on their team. Its not a knock on LeBron's talent, but how you see him fitting in with how you see your own team. I'd love to see LeBron in a Detroit jersey, but at the same time I'm kind of on the boat with Larry Bird on this one in that I want to see him finish his career a Cav. Like Bird, like Reggie Miller, like Thomas and Dumars, like Stockton, like Magic and like Duncan. There is something special about a guy who sticks it out with one team. That's not to say everybody has to do that or that that is what is right for every star, but I know it was a little heart wrenching as a fan of the game to see Jordon wear a Wizards' jersey and Malone wear a Lakers' jersey.

NYKnicks4511
11-14-2009, 06:47 PM

Thank goodness this is only your 3rd post lol

amos1er
11-14-2009, 06:48 PM
No.

All he can do is get close to triple double stats and the best he did in the playoffs was single handedly bring them to the finals.

The year he went to the finals was a joke and was the weakest Eastern Conference in NBA history. He got past a Wizards team missing their two best players, an injury plagued Nets team, and Detriot imploded on themselves...not to mention they had no center.

Ya great job for Lebronze in "single handedly bringing them to the finals" and getting sweped 4-0 when he finally had to play against a formidable and healthy opponent. :rolleyes:

Confusion
11-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I'd definitely want him.

J4KOP99
11-14-2009, 06:52 PM
First the Reggie Miller hof thread and now somebody comes up with this...

Where are the NBA mods when you need 'em?

cmellofan15
11-14-2009, 06:57 PM
why would someone want the reigning MVP on their favorite team?

ko8e24
11-14-2009, 07:00 PM
u'd be on drugs if u did not want lebron james on ur team

BALLER71
11-14-2009, 07:05 PM
He's too mean to be on my team :shrug:

MJ-BULLS
11-14-2009, 07:08 PM
id want him on my team

cmellofan15
11-14-2009, 07:11 PM
id want him on my team

Why? he might hurt somebody's feelings. I heard that he yells at little infants.

cheezinmypocket
11-14-2009, 07:17 PM

Okay... I think Lebron is a douche as well... too much stats, money, dancing on the sidelines kinda crap for my personal taste.

But that being said, I'd still take him on my team in a damn heartbeat.

Anyone who says otherwise is mentally ********.

amos1er
11-14-2009, 07:19 PM
If you are impressed with individual stats you would want Lebronze on your team.

If you want to win championships, you would not want Lebronze on your team.

I would take Kobe, Wade, Garnet, or Duncan over him as they are all winners and he is not.

SchyGuy11
11-14-2009, 07:19 PM
No way would i want him on my team he is the worst player in the league..........NOT!!! Hell ya i want him on my team. I hate Lebron, but if he came to the Bulls i would love him.

amos1er
11-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Okay... I think Lebron is a douche as well... too much stats, money, dancing on the sidelines kinda crap for my personal taste.

I would take him if I was the fan of a small market team, but as a Laker fan, I would rather have Kobe, Garnet, Duncan, or Wade....ALL CHAMPIONS WHO PLACE THE GOOD OF THE TEAM OVER INDIVIDUAL STATS!!!

Lebronze is a mockery for proclaiming himself the "King" when he has nothing to be king of.

JasonJohnHorn
11-14-2009, 07:32 PM
I would take Kobe, Wade, Garnet, or Duncan over him as they are all winners and he is not.

I think comparing what LBJ has done to what Duncan, Wade, Kobe and Garnett has done in terms of winning is unfair and misleading for several reasons.

One: Duncan got drafted by a title contender. the only reasons the Spurs got the pick was because the best center in the league at the time was injured for an antire year and the Spurs won the lottery. If he had been drafted by the Bucks or the Clippers Duncan wouldn't have four rings. Chance and talent here.

Two: Kobe got drafted by a title contending Lakers team that had Shaq, VanX and Jones. Had he not been traded on draft day and stayed with the Hornets he would not have four rings right now. That was chance and talent again.

Three: Wade was lucky in that the Heat landed Shaq and got Walker, White Chocolate and Payton to sign for peanuts. If the Cavs had all-stars signing with them for veteran minimums they'd be in great shape to. Chance and talent again.

Four: Garnett didn't win until he had been playing for like nearly 15 years in the league. That's a long drought.

Five: At the age of 19 LBJ was playing better basketball than any of those guys were playing at 22. LeBron is only 25 and Jordan didn't win won until he was 27. You can't just look at what they've won, but also how they play and who they play with. LeBron hasn't had guys like Pierce and Allen to play with, or David Robinson and Parker and Ginboli and Pop, or Shaq and Payton and Walker, or Shaq, and Phil Jackson, and Payton and Malone and Horace Grant and Mitch Richmond or even Glen Rice for that matter, or Gasol and Bynum and Odom and Artest. Kobe, Wade, Garnett and Duncan have all been lucky in that they have great coaches and lots of talents around them. Name one player on the Cavs that is better than any of the role players I've mention here and I think you will realize that the fact LBJ doesn't have a title isn't all on him. Basketball is a team sport and none of the guys you mentioned won by themselves. I'm sure you can agree to that.

amos1er
11-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Well, I believe the question and title to the thread was "Would you want LeBron on your team?". And considering the fact that my team is the Lakers and we have Kobe Bryant "THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA", why would I want a second rate hack like Lebron who sacrifices winning for stats.

theuuord
11-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Well, I believe the question and title to the thread was "Would you want LeBron on your team?". And considering the fact that my team is the Lakers and we have Kobe Bryant "THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA", why would I want a second rate hack like Lebron who sacrifices winning for stats.

i love lakers fans.

really, i do.

The_Mac22
11-14-2009, 07:51 PM
omg he looks like a mean guy. who cares about winning hes mean. :(

lol

Toenail Clipper
11-14-2009, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't.
There'd be bandwagons
;]

nipo10847
11-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Agreed.....its a joke and insult to Kobe Bryant that people even use this chumps name in the same sentence.

Dude, why did you make ur sig para font so big??? My first thought was u were a middle school kid....are u??

Skippy15
11-14-2009, 08:13 PM

this is what happens when stupidity and homerism meet.

greg_ory_2005
11-14-2009, 08:16 PM

Fail fail fail fail fail. :pity:

You'd probably think different if he actually came to your team.

TheKing23
11-14-2009, 08:18 PM
ANYONE who doesn't want LeBron on their team has a 0% knowledge of the NBA... Simple.

TheKing23
11-14-2009, 08:22 PM

You win the award for the most ridiculous, ****ing ignorant sig on PSD... Possibly the entire internet.

I cannot physically type the amount of facepalms you deserve, so i'll just give you this...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

WITZ
11-14-2009, 08:32 PM
this is what happens when stupidity and homerism meet.
Its pretty obvious just look at the Sig :facepalm:

Yanks All Day
11-14-2009, 08:32 PM
I would take him if I was the fan of a small market team, but as a Laker fan, I would rather have Kobe, Garnet, Duncan, or Wade....ALL CHAMPIONS WHO PLACE THE GOOD OF THE TEAM OVER INDIVIDUAL STATS!!!

Lebronze is a mockery for proclaiming himself the "King" when he has nothing to be king of.

I don't think he actually proclaimed himself the king. It was probably a media thing that caught on, and rightfully so. Find me one player who has done more with such little talent around him. You can't. Also, I highly doubt that he sacrifices wins for stats, because he has shown how selfless he is and that he will give up the ball if it is for the better of his team. Basically you are just blindly hating on LeBron because you're a Laker fan, but I really don't see how you can deny the greatness LeBron has shown on the court. By the way, if you want to talk about sacrificing winning for stats, check your own star first. The 4 rings? Look at the teams he had around him. Put LeBron on those teams and they are even more dominant. We have seen the type of player Kobe is when he doesn't have Hall of Fame talent around him. He takes 60 shots a game in quadruple coverage and the Lakers are headed for the draft lottery. He has only shown trust in his teammates when they are proven commodities.

As for the topic of "Would I want LeBron on my team:" You would be stupid not to. He does so much with so little, and still people hate on him because he doesn't have a ring in his 7th year. What more do you want from him? He was one of the most hyped players ever coming out of a small high school in Ohio and, somehow, exceeded the hype and at 24 is establishing himself as one of the greatest players to ever play the game. He is probably the only player that can go out every night and collect a triple-double, even with such a second rate supporting cast. Let's face it, without LeBron, the Cavs are one of the worst teams in the NBA. Every year, he improves in a spot where he failed the year before, whether it be free throws, jump shot, or 3 point shooting. Why someone wouldn't want a mega-star with a tireless work ethic, a selfless attitude, is a willing passer, has a professional attitude, is mature beyond his age, and is one of the two best players in the game right now is beyond me.

Yanks All Day
11-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I think comparing what LBJ has done to what Duncan, Wade, Kobe and Garnett has done in terms of winning is unfair and misleading for several reasons.

One: Duncan got drafted by a title contender. the only reasons the Spurs got the pick was because the best center in the league at the time was injured for an antire year and the Spurs won the lottery. If he had been drafted by the Bucks or the Clippers Duncan wouldn't have four rings. Chance and talent here.

Two: Kobe got drafted by a title contending Lakers team that had Shaq, VanX and Jones. Had he not been traded on draft day and stayed with the Hornets he would not have four rings right now. That was chance and talent again.

Three: Wade was lucky in that the Heat landed Shaq and got Walker, White Chocolate and Payton to sign for peanuts. If the Cavs had all-stars signing with them for veteran minimums they'd be in great shape to. Chance and talent again.

Four: Garnett didn't win until he had been playing for like nearly 15 years in the league. That's a long drought.

Five: At the age of 19 LBJ was playing better basketball than any of those guys were playing at 22. LeBron is only 25 and Jordan didn't win won until he was 27. You can't just look at what they've won, but also how they play and who they play with. LeBron hasn't had guys like Pierce and Allen to play with, or David Robinson and Parker and Ginboli and Pop, or Shaq and Payton and Walker, or Shaq, and Phil Jackson, and Payton and Malone and Horace Grant and Mitch Richmond or even Glen Rice for that matter, or Gasol and Bynum and Odom and Artest. Kobe, Wade, Garnett and Duncan have all been lucky in that they have great coaches and lots of talents around them. Name one player on the Cavs that is better than any of the role players I've mention here and I think you will realize that the fact LBJ doesn't have a title isn't all on him. Basketball is a team sport and none of the guys you mentioned won by themselves. I'm sure you can agree to that.

Couldn't agree more. :clap: That's a level-headed way to look at it besides the whole "Look at the rings!" argument. No star has ever won a title alone. Basketball is a team sport. Every one of the aforementioned stars with rings
has NEEDED at least one star on his team (and no, a depleted Shaq is not the same as a Lakers/Heat Shaq) in order to win. When LeBron gets help, he will win.

Skippy15
11-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Its pretty obvious just look at the Sig :facepalm:

no ive read his posts, they all come out to Kobe Good, LeBron bad.

Young and Stupid
11-14-2009, 08:45 PM
I got to say this is one of the funniest threads I have seen in a while. Thanks to Bulls for making this thread I think he deserves a lot of respect. Bottomline: LeBron is a meanie and all he cares about is stats and Kobe is the most unselfish player in the history of the NBA and most likely the greatest leader of all time. That guy LeBron, I mean really, people suck up to him so much. They praise him for planning to change his number to 6 out of respect for Jordan, but they neglect to mention that he is disrespecting the GOAT (aka Mike James) by taking the number he used to wear.

MiamiHeat
11-14-2009, 08:48 PM
why would I want the best Small Forward on my team?

Zefflin
11-14-2009, 08:51 PM
If you are impressed with individual stats you would want Lebronze on your team.

If you want to win championships, you would not want Lebronze on your team.

#1) True #2) So far so true #3) True (for me at least, cept KG...**** KG)

I'm pretty sure he is literally the King of Ohio. Lebron accounts for 97% of the economy there.

True.

ANYONE who doesn't want LeBron on their team has a 0% knowledge of the NBA... Simple.

:eyebrow:

Hawkeye15
11-14-2009, 08:59 PM
why would I want a 24 year old who goes for 28/7/7 on my team, who also finished 2nd in DPOY voting? Keep him away
Some of you never cease to amaze me on how biased you can be.

Cubs Win
11-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Well, I believe the question and title to the thread was "Would you want LeBron on your team?". And considering the fact that my team is the Lakers and we have Kobe Bryant "THE 2nd BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA", why would I want a second rate hack like Lebron who sacrifices winning for stats.

Fixed.

And Yes of course I'd want LeBron on my team. You would have to be an idiot not to.

barreleffact
11-14-2009, 10:04 PM
no way...my team is the lakers. call me selfish but if they won w lebron erybody ould question if it was kobe or lbron and take away from kobe...talent wise. hell yea id want him tho. on ANY team. that being said, he stil told his mom to sit her *** down...thats just wrong. the big meany:(

barreleffact
11-14-2009, 10:17 PM
I don't think he actually proclaimed himself the king. It was probably a media thing that caught on, and rightfully so. Find me one player who has done more with such little talent around him. You can't. Also, I highly doubt that he sacrifices wins for stats, because he has shown how selfless he is and that he will give up the ball if it is for the better of his team. Basically you are just blindly hating on LeBron because you're a Laker fan, but I really don't see how you can deny the greatness LeBron has shown on the court. By the way, if you want to talk about sacrificing winning for stats, check your own star first. The 4 rings? Look at the teams he had around him. Put LeBron on those teams and they are even more dominant. We have seen the type of player Kobe is when he doesn't have Hall of Fame talent around him. He takes 60 shots a game in quadruple coverage and the Lakers are headed for the draft lottery. He has only shown trust in his teammates when they are proven commodities.

As for the topic of "Would I want LeBron on my team:" You would be stupid not to. He does so much with so little, and still people hate on him because he doesn't have a ring in his 7th year. What more do you want from him? He was one of the most hyped players ever coming out of a small high school in Ohio and, somehow, exceeded the hype and at 24 is establishing himself as one of the greatest players to ever play the game. He is probably the only player that can go out every night and collect a triple-double, even with such a second rate supporting cast. Let's face it, without LeBron, the Cavs are one of the worst teams in the NBA. Every year, he improves in a spot where he failed the year before, whether it be free throws, jump shot, or 3 point shooting. Why someone wouldn't want a mega-star with a tireless work ethic, a selfless attitude, is a willing passer, has a professional attitude, is mature beyond his age, and is one of the two best players in the game right now is beyond me.

are you suggesting u are supposed to trust players that arent solid finishers? thats like saying pass to players just because they are open.if you shoot 35% open and i shoot 40% contested, im shooing the shot. thats smart basketball. no...forget that. thats math. his team's 2nd best player in 06 was odom who is horribly weak minded and is in no way a consisant scorer. he doesnt have the mentality. after odom the talent dropped even further to luke walton and kwame brown...yea. id trust those superstars too:facepalm:

nipo10847
11-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Some Laker fans are stupid.

Ty Fast
11-14-2009, 10:19 PM
yes

cmstophe
11-15-2009, 01:54 AM
lol.

horrible thread.

Kohaku
11-15-2009, 08:30 AM
I swear there was an exact same thread as this before.

caseyv415
11-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by amos1er
Well, I believe the question and title to the thread was "Would you want LeBron on your team?". And considering the fact that my team is the Lakers and we have Kobe Bryant "THE 2nd BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA", why would I want a second rate hack like Lebron who sacrifices winning for stats.

Fixed.
Fixed.

And Yes of course I'd want LeBron on my team. You would have to be an idiot not to.

:clap: Or a dumbazz Laker fan

todu82
11-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Yes, yes I would.

Jaji
11-15-2009, 10:09 AM
I wouldn't want him on my team because I'd want to be in the draft lottery. That seems like so much fun!

Jahari Kavi
11-15-2009, 01:59 PM
HELL NO, I wouldn't want a walking triple double, defensive stopping, highlight making small forward on my team!!!!

DUUUUUUUUUH!!!!!

tr4shb0t
11-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Hmm maybe...do the refs come with the offer?

knicks4life33
11-15-2009, 04:28 PM
This thread has to be a jokeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you say you wouldnt want lebron james on your team resign from this thread cause you know nothing about basketball!!!! Hes selfish and hes cocky lol the guy led his team to the finals and ecf in his first couple years in the league call allen iverson selfish and all those words .. I why am i even arguing with people who know nothing about basketball