PDA

View Full Version : Hornets' Chris Paul out with ankle injury

asandhu23
11-14-2009, 12:50 AM
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Chris Paul had to be helped off the court by teammates after apparently injuring his left ankle late in the third quarter of the Hornets' home game against the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday night.

Moments after setting up Hilton Armstrong's dunk, Paul appeared to land on Joel Przybilla's foot, before falling hard to the court and writhing in pain. It was the same ankle New Orleans' star point guard twisted earlier in the week during a victory in Los Angeles over the Clippers.

Paul had been struggling throughout the game, going 1 of 8 from the field in the Hornets' first game since the firing of coach Byron Scott. Paul had three points, eight assists and five rebounds when he left the game and the Hornets were trailing 62-52 at the time.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/11/13/paul.injury/index.html

wow. things are getting worse and worse for the team

poephan
11-14-2009, 12:52 AM
Nash nash nash! :)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-14-2009, 12:52 AM
thats really bad for the hornets

Vinny642
11-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Terrible, this is what makes us a lottery team, hope we get the first pick and dump Mo Pete Peja and Posey, then CP will love to stay here.

bahama0811
11-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Things just went from bad to worse for the Hornets

IversonIsKrazy
11-14-2009, 01:01 AM
IMO, i know this is going to sounds really weird, its good. IMO, they were not going to make the playoffs, but they were going to just miss it this year, now w/o CP, they can get a hi-pick in the upcoming draft and hopefully draft well.

Vinny642
11-14-2009, 01:01 AM
Draft a wing or a big

ManRam
11-14-2009, 01:09 AM
Rotoworld....

Chris Paul left Friday's game with a "severely sprained ankle" and a team source indicated he could miss about two weeks.
He laid on the court for several minutes and needed to be carried off the court by two teammates. Guys like Devin Brown, Marcus Thornton and Bobby Brown will have to step up in his absence, but Darren Collison is the most promising fantasy pickup if you have an available roster spot. Nov. 13 - 10:06 pm et

Not as bad as it could have been.

Vinny642
11-14-2009, 01:15 AM
It gives time for Collison and Thorton to play more which is good.

jimbobjarree
11-14-2009, 01:26 AM
awww poor cp, such a shame for im. After watcing d will suffer with his ankle literally the wole of last season, even after he was back it was bothereing him I just hope this isnt the same sorta long term problem for Paul.

pickwise it best not interfere with our Knicks pick, but hopefully boosts out playoff hopes. Still, I hope there is at least one paul-williams match up this season

swagga81
11-14-2009, 01:32 AM
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Chris Paul had to be helped off the court by teammates after apparently injuring his left ankle late in the third quarter of the Hornets' home game against the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday night.

Moments after setting up Hilton Armstrong's dunk, Paul appeared to land on Joel Przybilla's foot, before falling hard to the court and writhing in pain. It was the same ankle New Orleans' star point guard twisted earlier in the week during a victory in Los Angeles over the Clippers.

Paul had been struggling throughout the game, going 1 of 8 from the field in the Hornets' first game since the firing of coach Byron Scott. Paul had three points, eight assists and five rebounds when he left the game and the Hornets were trailing 62-52 at the time.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/11/13/paul.injury/index.html

wow. things are getting worse and worse for the team
ouch that sucks man! is it a dislocation?

Vinny642
11-14-2009, 01:35 AM
I dont know

swagga81
11-14-2009, 01:40 AM
I dont know

i had one of these ankle injurys which im still recovering and if he dislocatied it he tore the ankle tendon which holds the ankle in place and could be out for 4-5 months! but hopefuly its just a sprain not a dislocation.

69centers
11-14-2009, 01:21 PM
I wonder if Paul will nurse this injury and not come back quick out of spite for the Scott firing.

deuces
11-14-2009, 01:46 PM
I wonder if Paul will nurse this injury and not come back quick out of spite for the Scott firing.

your sig reminds me of an oreo

Lindystud36
11-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Chris Paul Will be traded this summer, calling it now.

Jays Claw
11-14-2009, 04:16 PM
What happened to the New Orleans Hornets?

ko8e24
11-14-2009, 04:19 PM
this always happens to the star player a game after their head coach gets fired. is this crap fabricated or somethin?? Maybe he did hurt his ankle, but the timing is so suspect. you can't always attribute it to coincidence....can u???

thapharcyd
11-14-2009, 04:42 PM
this always happens to the star player a game after their head coach gets fired. is this crap fabricated or somethin?? Maybe he did hurt his ankle, but the timing is so suspect. you can't always attribute it to coincidence....can u???

Ask Amar'e Stoudemire

Lindystud36
11-14-2009, 05:04 PM
I would love to see Paul force a trade right now. Then see his coach sign with the team he gets traded to.

Imagine he some how gets traded to New York. Robinson and Lee and Curry for Chris Paul and Peja. New York would buy out Peja and be set for next year

cr00zi3
11-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Real sorry Hornets fans. I hope yu guys can get something done before he comes back...by then it might already be to late. Collison should do the job.

Vinny642
11-14-2009, 05:47 PM
You guys who are saying Paul is gonna force a trade or leave are f***ing ********, when the hell have you ever heard Paul say that in his life. He isnt one to do that.

Lindystud36
11-17-2009, 01:05 AM
You guys who are saying Paul is gonna force a trade or leave are f***ing ********, when the hell have you ever heard Paul say that in his life. He isnt one to do that.

Thats because the elite do not go to the public...