PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams Complains About Coaching; Excused By Jazz For "Personal Reasons"

Fresno
11-13-2009, 05:50 PM
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Utah Jazz say guard Deron Williams (FSY) has been excused from the team for a personal matter.
The team says Williams won't play against the 76ers in Philadelphia on Friday night, but did not elaborate on the reason.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/jazz/2009-11-13-deron-williams_N.htm?csp=34&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomSports-TopStories+%28Sports+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Deron Williams now joins Allen Iverson on a team-funded vacation home to stop from *****ing about coaching.

ManRam
11-13-2009, 05:53 PM
How are you going to complain about Jerry Sloan. Maybe a Jazz fan can elaborate...but I don't get it.

thapharcyd
11-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Wow... More drama.. Never saw it comin from the Jazz though

SteveNash
11-13-2009, 06:01 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/jazz/2009-11-13-deron-williams_N.htm?csp=34&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomSports-TopStories+%28Sports+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Deron Williams now joins Allen Iverson on a team-funded vacation home to stop from *****ing about coaching.

What did Deron say about Sloan?

Fresno
How are you going to complain about Jerry Sloan. Maybe a Jazz fan can elaborate...but I don't get it.

He didn't take a direct swipe at Jerry Sloan, but it was an indirect complaint about whats going on. Jerry has 100% over personnel and the system in place, when you have an undrafted rookie like Wes Matthews getting 20 MPG you have to wonder what's going on.

Deron Williams attempted Thursday to clarify his Twitter message from the previous night stressing the need for change in the aftermath of the Jazz’s 105-86 loss to the Boston Celtics, a game in which they never led and trailed by 22 after three quarters.

“Not like trades or anything,” Williams said before the Jazz’s practice at Suffolk University. “Just we’ve got to do something. We’ve got to find something that works. Whether it’s lineups or what not, we’ve got to do something different.”

“It’s not the end of the world,” Williams added. “I didn’t mean to tweet like it was the end of the world. Just we’ve got to do something. I know the fans watching, I know the fans sitting at home, they’re not happy with us right now. I’m not happy with us, either.”

His tweet:

We got to change something bc what we doing ain't working right now! Don't know what but something?????

Squad13
He wants to be traded to the Lakers :D - Dwill is my favorite non-laker and the best pg in the league IMO. Never expected this.

Fresno
11-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Williams was even more blunt in the postgame locker room.

"Right now, we're soft," he said. "There's no way around it. We're not tough at all. They were quicker to loose balls, they got down on the floor, they did the things that you have to do to win."

Its not over for the Jazz IMO, but they do not look good this season.

I've never heard a player call a Jerry Sloan team soft.

Miami_Megatron
11-13-2009, 06:07 PM
come to the heat!!!!!....we have cookies!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-13-2009, 06:14 PM
He wants to be traded to the Lakers :D - Dwill is my favorite non-laker and the best pg in the league IMO. Never expected this.

Utah wants cap relief

ammo+farmar+fisher for williams

:cool:

PHX2daDEATH
11-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Utah wants cap relief

The way you guys stole Gasol I wouldn't be suprised if it happens

Unruly Fan
11-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Kobe for DWill?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-13-2009, 06:25 PM
The way you guys stole Gasol I wouldn't be suprised if it happens

Gasol trade was a highway robbery

Kobe for DWill?

Hell no, kobe is 100 times better than dwill

AI4MVP
11-13-2009, 06:32 PM
wow. this is very very interesting. especially since the Jazz our in the John Wall sweepstakes with the Knicks laying so many eggs.

who knows...if the situation gets serious, come the offseason, if the jazz do get john wall itd make it easier for them to trade deron williams for a star player, especially since i think hes a top 2 point guard. chris paul, steve nash, deron williams. putem in any order u want.

bbcmillionaire
11-13-2009, 06:39 PM
sad day for utah fans, one of my favorite players:sad2::sigh:

Vinny642
11-13-2009, 06:41 PM
wow... More drama.. Never saw it comin from the jazz though

+1

bbcmillionaire
11-13-2009, 06:41 PM
but something does need to change

AI4MVP
11-13-2009, 06:44 PM
i cant imagine a player like deron willaims being traded from his team. hes sucha great leader of that team. sucha great player. hes the face of that fracnhsie and hes the saviour. him being traded is almost as big as anyone else being traded with the exception of wade, kobe, lebron

Utahjazzfan18
11-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Deron Willams isn't going to be traded even for another star. I would never watch the Jazz again if they got rid of Dwill. Not to mention there is nowhere in anything posted that he takes a direct shot at Sloan so it's all speculation.

AI4MVP
11-13-2009, 06:46 PM
i know its overreacting and way way to early and premature to talk about stuff like this at all, but who can use deron williams and what would the jazz want in return?

AI4MVP
11-13-2009, 06:56 PM
id love to see Deron Williams traded to Boston for a package that inclues rajon rondo. then everyone can see how inefective he is withoutht the big three

if the situation escolates and deron williams asks out of utah, i think that could be a possibility because rajon rondo is definetly a jerry sloan type player

THE_FLASH_21
11-13-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!! The Jazz GM never makes any ****en moves. We've had the same lame weak *** team for 3 years... They keep telling us we're 1 year away.. that's 3 years ago. Everyone in Utah is so ****en soft.... The only ones who arnt are Harpring and Milsap and Maybe Brewer. The top paid players for Utah are all to soft. AK,Boozer,Memo, and even Deron!!!! Deron shouldn't say squat. He's a top 8 player in this whole league and in the same level as Chris Paul point guard wise... He nevers eems to want to score first. its a good thing for a PG to get his team involved first. BUT he needs to be more aggressive early.. And not score 30 points after ur getting blowned out... He seems to score when the game is already over.. I hate that about him.

The Jazz need to make a move for a player that can play some ****en "D" No one plays "D" and the Deron is pissd. As is many of us Jazz fans. Sloan is a great coach. But this problem isn't his it's the ****n GM.... " Boozer needs to be traded Now!" we need "D" down low. And this ugly *** 6'7 PF is cutting it!

THE_FLASH_21
11-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I hope "Deron" does get traded.... He doesn't deserve this ****... But then again.. he needs to score much more.. 15 to 16 points a game isn't gonna cut it. we need 25-30 a game... he has that potential!

THE_FLASH_21
11-13-2009, 07:04 PM
i know its overreacting and way way to early and premature to talk about stuff like this at all, but who can use deron williams and what would the jazz want in return?

We need a Star big man.... How about to the Twolves....

Jefferson and J.Flynn... for Deron and maybe AK ? ? ?

dtmagnet
11-13-2009, 07:11 PM
I hate to pounce on a wounded animal so to speak, but what about Calderon and Bargnani for Williams.

JasonJohnHorn
11-13-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm a big fan of Sloan and Williams, though I'm more partial to Slaon. As for complaints, I have heard complaints about Sloan in the past. John Amaechi, who never spoke out against Sloan while he played for the Jazz, wrote about Sloan's use of homo-phobic slurs. As far as I know Sloan has never confirmed or denied Amaechi's comments. He's also had problems with Ostertag and AK-47, and obviously there are issues with Boozer (complaints about Millsap getting Boozer's minutes). I have heard other role players have had issues with Sloan, but I imagine every coach who has coached over twenty years is going to have at least two dozen players complaining about him, its just the law of averages.

As for playing an undrafted player 20+ minutes, there have been great undrafted players in this league (Udonis Haslem and Ben Wallace for example) and one must remember that Mo Williams and Paul Millsap were both late picks that Sloan gave minutes to. Sloan has been known for benching talented players who aren't giving 100% for lesser players who are. This usually lights a fire under the talented players *** and most coaches will play the better player because they want the win tonight, but Slaon knows to get the players playing their best throughout the season you have to be willing to sacrafice a little, so giving minutes to a lesser player who is going 100% over a more talented player who isn't trying or isn't focused is arguably better for the team in the long run.

I imagine Williams may get tired of the meat-and-potatoes basketball and may want a little more freedom to create on the floor like Nash and Paul have. Slaon is a hardcore pick-and-roll guy, and its helped him, but Williams may believe he has more.

Here's to hoping these two can work it out!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-13-2009, 07:21 PM
I hate to pounce on a wounded animal so to speak, but what about Calderon and Bargnani for Williams.

lol another softy player

ws7L
11-13-2009, 07:25 PM
he need some time off so he can get more hair plugs at hairclub for men

spreadeagle
11-13-2009, 07:27 PM
I tried to trade for him in fantasy,thank god it got rejected

Fresno
11-13-2009, 09:51 PM
wow. this is very very interesting. especially since the Jazz our in the John Wall sweepstakes with the Knicks laying so many eggs.

who knows...if the situation gets serious, come the offseason, if the jazz do get john wall itd make it easier for them to trade deron williams for a star player, especially since i think hes a top 2 point guard. chris paul, steve nash, deron williams. putem in any order u want.

That is really a good point, I can't see Utah drafting John Wall.

By trading Boozer or letting him leave in Free Agency they would essentially be making their team worse. I think Paul Millsap is a good player, but Boozer is a much more important player although he gets no credit because he doesn't defend well.

But when you look at this team in terms of their roster, what can they build around? You can't just plug a Michael Beasley or Wilson Chandler into Utah's lineup and expect them to become a focal point because the player has to "fit" into Sloan's system.

After Stockton-Malone, they blew this entire team up and rebuilt it to where it is now but obviously they are still in the same position they were in during Stockton-Malone's final years. That stretch between 92-98 was their best chance to win a NBA Championship, but Jordan kept them from it.

blazerman
11-13-2009, 10:39 PM
The Jazz are Lame and this is about as much headlines as they'll make all yr.

JustinLafferty
11-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Jameer Nelson and whatever else they want other than Howard, Vince, and Rashard. Jameer and two firsts? lol

That's a dream scenario though. I don't think they will trade him. Pure speculation. Most players have said things like that.

Jumba
11-14-2009, 12:01 AM
SALT LAKE CITY (November 13, 2009) – The following statement was issued by Deron Williams a short time ago.
“I would like to thank Mrs. Miller, Greg Miller and Coach Sloan for allowing me to return to Utah to be with my wife and children today. Yesterday, one of my daughters underwent a procedure in the hospital to address some health concerns. There are still unanswered questions and the doctors have been running more in-depth tests throughout the day today. My daughter’s health is very important to my wife and I and it is important I remain in Salt Lake City as we monitor the situation. We both appreciate the support of the fans, the Jazz organization and my teammates. I will return to the court as soon as possible.” - Deron Williams
MORE:
http://bit.ly/3aJwcN

He made mention. His personal reasons is a sickness. Not from Sloans dog house. Over react much?

jimbobjarree
11-14-2009, 12:34 AM
haha wow, I knew the old nba forum crowd was slow...but trades to the lakers...wow haha

his daughter got rushed to hopital and he wanted to be with his wife, fair enough. And he's seemed unhappy all year, he made it known he was unhappy at the start of the season when we kept the same team. After the Boston loss he called us soft, and he's done that before too. The truth is 'we need some changes' either to out mentality or personal, either way we cant continue how we are. Deron wants to win, he's as hungry as players like Garnett and Kobe when it comes to winning, and that leads to him being so frustrated being on the Jazz with tossers like Boozer. We have to appease him or he will leave in 2012.

but whatever I say, retards will ignore and post retareded comments like 'deron to the kncisk dudddeee' anyway. I'll just sit back and watch them pile in...

jimbobjarree
11-14-2009, 12:51 AM
come to the heat!!!!!....we have cookies!

I question your intelligence

Utah wants cap relief

I seriously question your intelligence

id love to see Deron Williams traded to Boston for a package that inclues rajon rondo. then everyone can see how inefective he is withoutht the big three

if the situation escolates and deron williams asks out of utah, i think that could be a possibility because rajon rondo is definetly a jerry sloan type player

wow, I seriously seriously question your intelligence

The Jazz are Lame and this is about as much headlines as they'll make all yr.

well, many question your intelligence