PDA

View Full Version : Baseball-Reference

Ron!n
11-13-2009, 05:27 PM
I know most people use this website for baseball stats.

Now i love how they fixed up the site and now it has all these cool features but am i the only one that hates how you have to scroll down now to get to whatever player's stats you want after doing a google search?

Before the switch it came up first thing whenever you searched a players name but now its like at half the page :mad:

Just wondering if anybody else noticed this?

/rant.

bartoron
11-13-2009, 06:20 PM
I never noticed, but I usually just go directly to www.baseball-reference.com if I want to look up a player's stats.

SJ5382
11-13-2009, 06:44 PM
I always google the player's name, followed by "reference," so I don't mind. You should do the same, no big deal.

Excellent site.

BradHolt4CYoung
11-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Yeah I have noticed that too. I now usually type in the players name then type "stats". For example: "Derek Jeter stats" and Baseball Reference.com is like the top 3 to come up.

It's a great site, only cite I use for stats.

bosox3431
11-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah I have noticed that too. I now usually type in the players name then type "stats". For example: "Derek Jeter stats" and Baseball Reference.com is like the top 3 to come up.

It's a great site, only cite I use for stats.

It is a great site, but shouldnt be the only one you use. Try fangraphs and statcorner. They have all the basic stats such as avg, hrs, rbis, era etc. But as alot of advanced stats also. The only ones they dont have that i use on a reg basis that BR has is OPS+ and ERA+

Hustla23
11-13-2009, 08:17 PM
^^ Agreed.

I only use baseball reference to compare a player's age with his production at those ages.

Fangraphs and Statcorner are way better.

Towelie
11-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Add the players name then put reference after it.....

todu82
11-16-2009, 08:54 AM
It's a really good site, been helpful in a lot of research that I've been doing.

MooseWithFleas
11-16-2009, 12:43 PM
One of my professor's created the site :)

natepro
11-16-2009, 01:18 PM
I have it in my Firefox search bar, so all I have to do is pick that site from the drop down menu, type in the players name, and ta-da, I have his stats. Very convenient.

If I'm looking for someone's slash line, or their slash line or counting stats for a certain stretch of years or games, or their splits, it's the only site I use. They have a ton of info there.

If I'm looking for something more advanced.. WAR, wOBA, tRA, FIP, or Pitch Values or Batted Ball data or whatever, FanGraphs is what I use. I just wish the search I had in the Firefox search bar actually worked for them like it does for BR.

Kinsm
11-16-2009, 01:30 PM
It is a great site, but shouldnt be the only one you use. Try fangraphs and statcorner. They have all the basic stats such as avg, hrs, rbis, era etc. But as alot of advanced stats also. The only ones they dont have that i use on a reg basis that BR has is OPS+ and ERA+

x2

Baseballcube is a good one too.

Ron!n
11-16-2009, 04:24 PM
I have it in my Firefox search bar, so all I have to do is pick that site from the drop down menu, type in the players name, and ta-da, I have his stats. Very convenient.

If I'm looking for someone's slash line, or their slash line or counting stats for a certain stretch of years or games, or their splits, it's the only site I use. They have a ton of info there.

If I'm looking for something more advanced.. WAR, wOBA, tRA, FIP, or Pitch Values or Batted Ball data or whatever, FanGraphs is what I use. I just wish the search I had in the Firefox search bar actually worked for them like it does for BR.
I didnt know about the Firefox add-on thats pretty neat.

Thanks for the headsup :)