PDA

View Full Version : I suddenly don't hate LeBron anymore

Boston Faithful
11-13-2009, 04:22 PM
After LeBron is changing his number - I really do get the feeling he respects those who came before him. And I think his idea is great. Great move and respectable move by LeBron.

If he goes to the Knicks, or somewhere other than Cleveland, I could see myself rooting for him as a player. No one wants to see him win a championship in Cleveland.

tr4shb0t
11-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Maybe he wants his own number that can be retired
Or maybe his agent told him to do it to for good public image
Or maybe he needs to change it for wherever he goes next season
Or maybe he did it out of respect

Nobody knows, but the league welcomes you to his bandwagon.

Zefflin
11-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Smart move on Lebron's part. He gets everybody to buy the new Cavs 6 jersey and then next year a #6 (blank) jersey. Smart move indeed.

ChiSox219
11-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Maybe he wants his own number that can be retired
Or maybe his agent told him to do it to for good public image
Or maybe he needs to change it for wherever he goes next season
Or maybe he did it out of respect

Nobody knows, but the league welcomes you to his bandwagon.

Nice to see Lakers fans haven't changed their opinion of Lebron

abe_froman
11-13-2009, 04:35 PM
why not? i think it'd be cool if cle won something(though he'd probably stay when i'd want him on my own team,but still)

also you respect him for changing his number 23 out of respect for those from the past,but dont mind he's changing it to 6??...what kind of bos fan are you

DCLAFAN
11-13-2009, 04:43 PM
After LeBron is changing his number - I really do get the feeling he respects those who came before him. And I think his idea is great. Great move and respectable move by LeBron.

If he goes to the Knicks, or somewhere other than Cleveland, I could see myself rooting for him as a player. No one wants to see him win a championship in Cleveland.

Thats funny I never liked the fact he wore #23. I felt it was a little cocky and maybe a bit disrespectful. Im a laker fan but when you think 23 you do think MJ. Ive never hated but disliked LJ for wearing MJs number and for always being compared to Kobe. I like the move though. Hes a pretty good actor too.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-13-2009, 04:45 PM
He's changing his number?

And is it really so bad that you hate on him wearing 23? Does that mean that no one else can wear 23?

Either way, a jersey number is just a number.

DCLAFAN
11-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Smart move on Lebron's part. He gets everybody to buy the new Cavs 6 jersey and then next year a #6 (blank) jersey. Smart move indeed.

Hes not changing it until next season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-13-2009, 04:48 PM
dude you are a bandwagoner

tr4shb0t
11-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Nice to see Lakers fans haven't changed their opinion of Lebron

Classy post guy. And if you read my post, I made no statement of my "opinion on Lebron." I said nobody knows why he changed it.

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 04:53 PM
I still hate Lebron. Thought this thread might change my mind but didn't happen.

ChiSox219
11-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Classy post guy. And if you read my post, I made no statement of my "opinion on Lebron." I said nobody knows why he changed it.

Whatever man

BostonWeedz
11-13-2009, 04:56 PM
"Now, if I'm not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it."-King James

Tony_Starks
11-13-2009, 04:59 PM
I never been a hater, I'm going to take that man at his word and give him props. Oh yeah, and Im a Laker fan.... You may commence hating now!

Raps08-09 Champ
11-13-2009, 05:00 PM
"Now, if I'm not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it."-King James

I actually agree with this.

Boston Faithful
11-13-2009, 05:00 PM
dude you are a bandwagoner

What? I hate the Cavs - I've hated LeBron. I'm just saying I don't hate him that much anymore after this move.

And Bill Russell wasn't the greatest player of all-time. I'm not that dense - Jordan obviously is.

LeBron is already loaded, he's about to get a huge contract, he's not going to make THAT much more money in jersey sales. It clearly is out of respect.

newbooks
11-13-2009, 05:16 PM
i don't agree at all. this is the very opposite at an attempt to be humble by lebron,,the way i see it, he wants to make a legacy out of his own number (6 now i geuss) instead of living in m.j's shadow. There isn't anything wrong with that at all,,but i don't think he should be applauded and be labeled so humble as you are all seeming to do. The humble man would keep 23.

asandhu23
11-13-2009, 05:19 PM
LeBron is dissing Dr J by wearing that number. If he really wants his own number, take ron artest's example and go for 19

Tony_Starks
11-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Man whatever he does the haters are going to take issue with. Lebron and Kobe keep the haters employed in this terrible economy.

dtmagnet
11-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Damn Marcus Camby and Jason Richardson! How dare they keep their number 23's after LeBron changed his!

wileyisTOFU
11-13-2009, 05:26 PM
i guess this would suggest that hes leaving Cleveland?

LAKERMANIA
11-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Great move by Lebron.. I was never a big fan of Lebron, but changing your number is a very smart move. 23 is going to be looked at as Jordan and will always be, after he retires and has a great career he will be looked at as even better while wearing a different number than wearing a number that Jordan owned in

celtisox41
11-13-2009, 06:43 PM
What? I hate the Cavs - I've hated LeBron. I'm just saying I don't hate him that much anymore after this move.

And Bill Russell wasn't the greatest player of all-time. I'm not that dense - Jordan obviously is.

LeBron is already loaded, he's about to get a huge contract, he's not going to make THAT much more money in jersey sales. It clearly is out of respect.

He shouldnt take 6 if he really respected players before him. Russel is the greatest defensive player who ever lived. He's probably only do this because hes so in love with himself that he needs to have his name in sports illustrated again

EternalLakeShow
11-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Man whatever he does the haters are going to take issue with. Lebron and Kobe keep the haters employed in this terrible economy.

Thats the best thing ive heard all day hahaha :clap:

AussieLaker
11-13-2009, 07:01 PM
I know this might sound a bit far fetched but hear me out.

Miami can offer 2 big contracts to people
so D-wade
and possibly Lebron

so if lebron goes to miami he cant wear 23 as the heat Retired the number out of respect.

D-wade and Lebron have talked bout playing together so if lebron would go to miami he would have to change his number as 23 is retired.

Could he be changing it now so he could go to miami?

azkarraga
11-13-2009, 07:05 PM
I dont hate him. And yes, im tired of those MJ wannabes wearing 23.

azkarraga
11-13-2009, 07:07 PM

True.

azkarraga
11-13-2009, 07:08 PM
There's a subtle meaning in LJ changing his number. He's actually recognizing he wont be as big as MJ.

abe_froman
11-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I know this might sound a bit far fetched but hear me out.

Miami can offer 2 big contracts to people
so D-wade
and possibly Lebron

so if lebron goes to miami he cant wear 23 as the heat Retired the number out of respect.

D-wade and Lebron have talked bout playing together so if lebron would go to miami he would have to change his number as 23 is retired.

Could he be changing it now so he could go to miami?

it sounds fun and all(and heat fans wet dream),but i doubt it happens.both are use to being "the man" and want to be the man

maybe if they were nearing the end of their career and willing to make that sort of concession to ring chase,sure.but not now

Vinny642
11-13-2009, 07:10 PM
I really don't hate Kobe or Bynum anymore. I still dont like Kobe, but Bynum is cool now I guess. He is pretty intelligent to what i HAVE THOUGHT.

Teeboy1487
11-13-2009, 07:12 PM
I been wanted Lebron to change his number years ago. He needs to define himself with his own number and of course respect the G.O.A.T. Also, this is a good marketing move. I don't dislike Lebron. I respect his game.

DetroitRipCity
11-13-2009, 07:13 PM

This cocky quote is the reason why i still hate Princess James

FNM BOY
11-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Lebron is a humble athlete I dont care what anybody says....he has bin demonstrating this with his pay on the court with his teammates never openly showing them up, or obviously giving up on his teammates...Lebron is a class act for a kid only 24 yrs old.

Vinny642
11-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Chris Paul is more humble of an athlete at 24.

DetroitRipCity
11-13-2009, 07:16 PM
lebron is a humble athlete i dont care what anybody says....he has bin demonstrating this with his pay on the court with his teammates never openly showing them up, or obviously giving up on his teammates...lebron is a class act for a kid only 24 yrs old.

???? Riiiiight!!!

ldc62
11-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Hes probably going to stay in Cleveland and now all his hardcore fan boys will have to waste their money on his #6 jersey.

BoltLakerPadre
11-13-2009, 07:28 PM

Thank god someone else noticed that. If anything this makes me dislike Lebron even more. What an egotistical statement.

And frankly, as great as MJ is, retiring a jersey across the league is a stupid idea. There are players who have had a greater impact on the game. Magic and Bird saved the NBA in the 80's, Bill Russell owned the NBA in the 60's, KAJ was a staple in the NBA for 20 years, but we aren't talking of retiring their numbers.

People need to get off of Jordan's jock, it's embarrassing how blown out of proportion this thing has gotten.

NBAfan4life
11-13-2009, 08:03 PM
I think Lebron is doing this more for himself and has little to do with jordan.

Boston Faithful
11-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Thank god someone else noticed that. If anything this makes me dislike Lebron even more. What an egotistical statement.

And frankly, as great as MJ is, retiring a jersey across the league is a stupid idea. There are players who have had a greater impact on the game. Magic and Bird saved the NBA in the 80's, Bill Russell owned the NBA in the 60's, KAJ was a staple in the NBA for 20 years, but we aren't talking of retiring their numbers.

People need to get off of Jordan's jock, it's embarrassing how blown out of proportion this thing has gotten.

Wow, what a Laker bangwagoner.

I'm a Celtic fan and even I know Russell owned an era where power forwards were regularly like 6'5. Secondly, Magic and Kareem needed like three other hall of famers on that squad to make an impact. Same with the Celtic teams.

Jordan just had Pippen and ripped the NBA a new *******. He would have won 8 championships in a row had he not retired. 72 games in a season?! That's ridiculous.

No one's on Jordan's jock - 95% of the time he came up in the clutch, he's set so many records, set such a precidant, it's amazing. In what was a big man's game for decades, Jordan changed that and proved even a guard can take over the league.

king9er
11-13-2009, 08:22 PM
bron bron is a hater maker....believe me I know

Yankee Lifer
11-13-2009, 08:31 PM
I think changing his # was a great move out of respect. A lot of people have said it for jersey sales but he may have a new jersey anyway next season. #6 is not in the MSG rafters.

fishfan79
11-13-2009, 08:33 PM
cant wear 23 in miami it is retired :)

baseball321
11-13-2009, 08:37 PM
I figured out I dont hate Lebron, I hate the media coverage of Lebron. I hate how everyone in the media absolutely adores him. I hate how everytime he makes a play the commentators go crazy and start talking about how great he is, then later in the game some average player does the same thing and they make nothing of it. I HATE IT...

thoughts?

P.S. Sorry Lebron for all the bad stuff i have said about you, its the media not you. you still need to work on that jumpshot though.

DodgerBulls
11-13-2009, 08:42 PM
To me, I think that this move is very unfair and stupid.

Dont get me wrong, I'm a Lebron and MJ fan, but this is just flat out wrong.
I respect MJ's talent, but I just don't see the purpose of this.
Bill Russel had more championship and they never retire his number.
For me, retiring a number league wide at least should mean something for the sports, but also must have significane outside basketball.

And come on, players can only wear #0,00,1-99.

Also, since Lebron is one of the most influencial in the NBA nowadays, the league will definitely consider this issue. Isn't that unfair for the other players who is currently wearing the #23.

TO Rapz
11-13-2009, 08:43 PM

x2

Toenail Clipper
11-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Chris Paul is more humble of an athlete at 24.

For once, stop talking about Chris Paul and the Hornets.

ManRam
11-13-2009, 08:52 PM
I've been saying this forever.

When LeBron doesn't shake hands...the media is on it like wolves (watch any game, even elimination games. no one shakes hands). If anyone else is involved..it's a non-story.

When LeBron is dunked on in a little camp no one is paying attention to, and Nike doesn't want video footage out, because, you know, it's the rules...the media talks about it for weeks. If anyone else is involved...it's a non-story.

When 2010 is three years away, it's all the announcers talk about during games. You don't hear all this talk for Wade, Bosh etc.

I could go on forever. It's sickening. Let him play. Treat him like the other stars. I swear he doesn't bring the attention on himself. I don't think I knew what his voice even sounded like for a couple years after he was in the league. He's a humble, quiet kid. Yet somehow, the media blows him way out of proportion.

It's 100% the media. I used to hate him when he first came out of high school because of how he was already crowned everything. Then I realized he's a good guy...and an amazing basketball player...and understood why the media loves him. He's lovable. Too bad it's hurt him for than it's helped him.

Vinny642
11-13-2009, 08:55 PM
For once, stop talking about Chris Paul and the Hornets.

Are u sure?

shep33
11-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Honestly, I loved what he said about MJ and changing his number, and at first I was like that is pretty classy. But then when I watched the interview again it seemed kinda strange did anybody else notice this? He said he was gonna change is number 3 times with that interview with Sager yesterday... then the ending was kinda typical with a slap in the face to the Cavs. I actually like LBJ, but i'm not really a Cavs fan, yet i feel terrible for them. Why doesn't he just say, "Hopefully we'll be able to make a deal by the end of the year", instead he reiterates that he may be on another team. I know this may sound terrible, but he should keep it to himself, or always say that he's hoping for them to get a deal done. Nonetheless the guy is a beast, and although I'd love to see him in a Knicks uniform, I wonder how Cleveland fans feel after he constantly says that he might not play for the Cavs, and always representing New York all the time.

Toenail Clipper
11-13-2009, 09:01 PM

agreed.
It is as if he think he's so great that he can order people to do whatever he wants them to do. He's being inconsiderate of the players who still wear number 23 in the NBA. LeBron wore it too, isn't that being hypocritical?!

Toenail Clipper
11-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Are u sure?

You irrelevantly put your team on discussions.
They're not talking about the Hornets or Chris Paul.
Read the thread, the dude doesn't hate LeBron anymore.
How does Chris Paul fit the picture?

Vinny642
11-13-2009, 09:06 PM
You irrelevantly put your team on discussions.
They're not talking about the Hornets or Chris Paul.
Read the thread, the dude doesn't hate LeBron anymore.
How does Chris Paul fit the picture?

They were talking about the most humble 24 year old.

Toenail Clipper
11-13-2009, 09:10 PM
They were talking about the most humble 24 year old.

No they weren't.
The guy said LeBron is a humble person.
Nothing was said about "most humble player"

Vinny642
11-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Same thing!

Bruno
11-13-2009, 09:19 PM
As if #6 Bill Russell, isn't the most winning player of all time...

(Or one of the most winning)

xDjEpYOnx
11-13-2009, 09:36 PM
maybe if they were nearing the end of their career and willing to make that sort of concession to ring chase,sure.but not now

Hypothetically, everyone in the nba should be ring chasing to some degree(i hope most of them at least want to be in the nba to win not just a paycheck) so what's the burn on D-Wade or Bron if they collabo now instead of later? Why not now? Why wait until both are past their primes to come together and make an attempt at a title when whatever new talent is in the NBA and they have to compete against that?

Either way, they're ring chasing, they've both always said they wanna win titles, olympic gold, etc. so if they can put egos aside and wanna play together, go for it and win, cuz if you don't, then that will be worse than being label a ring chaser.

wileyisTOFU
11-13-2009, 09:49 PM
wah

albertc86
11-13-2009, 09:57 PM
I get more of the feeling that he just loves the media attention.

Fresno
11-13-2009, 09:58 PM
I could go on forever. It's sickening. Let him play. Treat him like the other stars. I swear he doesn't bring the attention on himself. I don't think I knew what his voice even sounded like for a couple years after he was in the league. He's a humble, quiet kid. Yet somehow, the media blows him way out of proportion.

It's 100% the media. I used to hate him when he first came out of high school because of how he was already crowned everything. Then I realized he's a good guy...and an amazing basketball player...and understood why the media loves him. He's lovable. Too bad it's hurt him for than it's helped him.

But he enjoys the spotlight they have given him, and he does his best to make sure he maintains that spotlight.

He could very well be in a Carmelo Anthony-like situation where the media doesn't care about what he does unless its criminal.

With great success comes great responsibility.

Kobe has done his best to be a douchebag to the media after the way they turned on him with the rape case, if it weren't for him playing in such a major market like LA nobody outside of basketball fans would pay him any attention because he dislikes the media spotlight now. If Kobe were in Minnesota he'd drop 30/6/6 and he would receive nothing but a 20 second highlight of the game on Sportscenter.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-13-2009, 10:03 PM
You are right on that but is it really "life changing?"