PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James and Dwyane Wade Hypothetical Question

asomen
11-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Here is a complete hypothetical question that isn't meant to be a real life situation but more of a what would you do.

Let's say you could get Dwyane Wade and Lebron James signed via free agency to max contracts next year (doesn't matter who the team is). If a team signed both players to max contracts...they would command 60% of a team's salary cap.

What I propose is would you rather have 2 guys like Wade and Lebron and 10 or 11 other very below average players to fill the roster with the rest of your 40 percent cap space or would you rather have a balanced roster like what the NBA has now? Would you rather a team like the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Magic and have a balanced team or would you rather a starting lineup consisting of Lebron D-Wade and a below average rest of the roster?

RaiderLakersA's
11-13-2009, 03:46 PM
It will take more than D. Wade and LeBron to win a title and dominate these days, especially now that the NBA's "elite" teams aren't just balanced, but moving towards the kind of depth with skilled players off the bench that we saw back in the early 80's.

Having said that, they're both young and you could build one hell of a team around them. I'd sign them and caution everyone that we may not put together a championship contender right away, but within 2-3 years, there will be few teams that will be able to stop them.

BkOriginalOne
11-13-2009, 03:47 PM
You can't win with two stars like that.
I think the Laker team would beat a Lebron and Wade team
Please, give an example.
Pg - Gabe Pruitt
SG - Wade
Sf - Lebron
PF - Mikki Moore
C - Johan Petro

Looks kind of lame.

abe_froman
11-13-2009, 03:51 PM
sign one and surround him with good role players

the two+d leaguers idea,wouldnt work

MJ-BULLS
11-13-2009, 03:52 PM
they wouldn't work out, d wade is a player that needs the ball in his hands to be affective and lebron is to much of a big personality guy with a big ego.

mcgswfan
11-13-2009, 04:21 PM
I would take the 2 superstar team over the balanced team anyday. Those two players alone could regularly beat half of the teams in the league with little or no problem. All they would need is a few semi-decent role players and rebounders to keep teams like LA, Boston and Orlando at bay. If your team foundation is Wade at PG/SG and LeBron at SF/PF you would win multiple championships and fairly quickly.

This is also not out of the realm of possibility as these two guys are great friends and speak to each other regularly, so if they wanted to play together badly enough because they know what will happen with the "big picture" title wise, they would likely take a pay-cut to accommodate the franchise anyway, which would allow for a better pedigree of role-players to be brought in to strengthen Wade's and LeBron's weaknesses. Plus don't forget that 80% of the players in the league would love to be on the same team as these two guys and even your role-players would take a pay cut in order to be a part of what could eventually turn into a dynasty.

celtisox41
11-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I'd rather have Dwight Howard or Kobe instead of lebron. But if i had to have those 2 id do it

ChiSox219
11-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Haven't you guys learned from the Celtics? Bring in the stars and the rest will fall in place. How many guys have taken pay cuts to go play in Boston? The same would happen if you Wade and Lebron together.

And it's not like Lebron and Wade eat up the entire cap, you add a third max player or several talented role players.