PDA

View Full Version : PV top 10 point guards

skinsfan4life80
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
one of the better top 10 list i have seen. I have to agree.

http://www.playersvoice.com/nba/top-10-point-guards-7.html

Raph12
11-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Terrible list.

skinsfan4life80
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Terrible list.

y

theuuord
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
any list that starts "Derek Rose" is bound for failure.

skinsfan4life80
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
you dont think Rose is top 10? who is better that isnt on there

Cubs Win
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
any list that starts "Derek Rose" is bound for failure.

and Rajan Rondo. :laugh:

Paulliwali
11-13-2009, 01:58 PM
change calderon and rondo and I think the list is pretty good

any top ten list will have some disputes but this is definitely one of the better ones

theuuord
11-13-2009, 02:00 PM
you dont think Rose is top 10? who is better that isnt on there

lmao. not the point.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Who are derek rose and rajan rondo:shrug:

D-Leaguers???

Horrible list:facepalm:

Raph12
11-13-2009, 02:11 PM
y

Too much to get into... let me put it this way, my list looks a bit more like this:

1 Chris Paul
2 Deron Williams
3 Chauncey Billups
4 Tony Parker
5 Rajon Rondo
6 Steve Nash
7 Devin Harris
8 Jason Kidd
9 Baron Davis
10 Derrick Rose

Hawkeye15
11-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Billups is #3, and I would argue he is #2 actually. Why is Calderon on this list? And Rondo needs to fall, Rose needs to leave the top 10.

Hawkeye15
11-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Too much to get into... let me put it this way, my list looks a bit more like this:

1 Chris Paul
2 Deron Williams
3 Chauncey Billups
4 Tony Parker
5 Rajon Rondo
6 Steve Nash
7 Devin Harris
8 Jason Kidd
9 Baron Davis
10 Derrick Rose

not bad dude. I would also take Billups at #2, and Rondo needs to be behind Nash, AT LEAST, but not bad. And Baron just ticks me off. He makes all these lists because of how good he is when he plays, problem is, he misses too much time, but its also hard to arrgue against him

skinsfan4life80
11-13-2009, 02:16 PM

1 Chris Paul
2 Deron Williams
3 Chauncey Billups
4 Tony Parker
5 Rajon Rondo
6 Steve Nash
7 Devin Harris
8 Jason Kidd
9 Baron Davis
10 Derrick Rose

Now thatts terriable. Steve Nash 6th lol yea right 18 pts 12 ast a game.

skinsfan4life80
11-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Billups shots 40 percent which sucks and only 5 dimes a game which sucks not sure what all the hype about him is. 5 ast a game i bet doesnt even rank in the top 50 in the NBA.

Cubs Win
11-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Now thatts terriable. Steve Nash 6th lol yea right 18 pts 12 ast a game.

Because everything should be based on the stats a player has this early in the season...:facepalm:

MJ-BULLS
11-13-2009, 02:22 PM
this is a bad list, my list imo

1.Paul
2.Williams
3.Nash
4.Parker
5.Billups
6.Harris
7.Kidd
8.Rose
9.Rondo
10.Davis

Toenail Clipper
11-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Gilbert Arenas should be on the list, not Calderon.

jim51990
11-13-2009, 02:26 PM
take rose out of the top 10 and williams over paul then the list is perfect

skinsfan4life80
11-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Because everything should be based on the stats a player has this early in the season...:facepalm:

Pick his stats from this year last year the year before next year i dont care none of them make him 6th. Judge by what you see. I watch enough basketball to know there are not 5 point guards better then Steve Nash

Raph12
11-13-2009, 02:28 PM
not bad dude. I would also take Billups at #2, and Rondo needs to be behind Nash, AT LEAST, but not bad. And Baron just ticks me off. He makes all these lists because of how good he is when he plays, problem is, he misses too much time, but its also hard to arrgue against him

Agreed on the Billups and Baron fronts, but Paul, Deron and Billups have all been playing subpar this season, so I decided to leave it as is. Baron plays well when he is in, sort of like the Bynum-situation, he still deserves to be put up there IMO.

Btw Nash only plays well in a run-and-gun game, when the defense is set, Nash struggles. Plus Nash plays little to no defense, while Rondo is one of the best defensive guards in the league, to me defense>offense.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-13-2009, 02:28 PM
take rose out of the top 10 and williams over paul then the list is perfect

You are kidding, right???

thephoenixson28
11-13-2009, 02:34 PM
1.Paul
2.Williams
3.Nash
4.Billups
5.Parker
6.Kidd
7.Harris
8.Rose
9.Davis
10.Mo williams

Lakersfan2483
11-13-2009, 02:34 PM
one of the better top 10 list i have seen. I have to agree.

http://www.playersvoice.com/nba/top-10-point-guards-7.html

The list is very questionable, Calderon is way too high on the list, quite frankly, he shouldn't be on the list. Rondo is also much higher than he should be.

Top 10

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Tony Parker
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Steve Nash
6. Devin Harris
7. Derrick Rose
8. Rajon Rondo
9. Baron Davis
10. Andre Miller

skinsfan4life80
11-13-2009, 02:37 PM
FYI if you back up Steve Blake you are not top 10 anything.

Unec
11-13-2009, 02:39 PM
1. Paul
2. D.williams
3. T.parker
4. Nash
5. Billups
6. Rondo
7. J.kidd
8. D.harris
9. Rose
10. A.miller

no baron davis and gilbert arenas didnt make my list cause we are talking about "pg" not "combo guards".

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Isnt mike james a PG???

Lakersfan2483
11-13-2009, 02:42 PM
FYI if you back up Steve Blake you are not top 10 anything.

Go look up Miller's numbers over the past few yrs, he's a very good point guard. In fact, check out he performed just last season with Philly. He's an underrated point guard. As far as the comment about him backing up Blake, not sure why he is not starting, I have not been following everything that is going on as it concerns the Blazers. One thing is for sure though, Miller is one of the better point guards in the league.

*Last year, Miller averaged 16 ppg, 7apg, 5rpg on .47 pct. shooting and was one of the main catalysts during Philly's run to the playoffs.

Faneik
11-13-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm not a fan, but Arenas is a top-10 PG in this league.

Gators123
11-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Isnt mike james a PG???

Mike James has a Ring. FYI ;)

skinsfan4life80
11-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Go look up Miller's numbers over the past few yrs, he's a very good point guard. In fact, check out he performed just last season with Philly. He's an underrated point guard. As far as the comment about him backing up Blake, not sure why he is not starting, I have not been following everything that is going on as it concerns the Blazers. One thing is for sure though, Miller is one of the better point guards in the league.

So why do you think he was unabble to find a starting job. He is not even backing up an elite point guard. I think he is a very good player no doubt but calling him top 10 at this point in his career is reaching.

asandhu23
11-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Rondo is overrated. :hide: from all the Celtics bandwagoners.

skinsfan4life80
11-13-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm not a fan, but Arenas is a top-10 PG in this league.

I dont think anyone debates Gil is good...its his health that is up for debate..plus he is more of a combo guard

Shaddix
11-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Don't put tony parker in the top 5, he's not what he used to be.

More-Than-Most
11-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Nash should be in everyone's top 3... to even debate rondo anywhere near Nash is insane logic and you should have your head checked. Nash makes everyone around him better and that is proven by the players that have come and gone... Rondo is better because of the players around him... If you put rondo on the suns he will have a big big drop off. Nash might not have much of defense but he makes up for that on the O end of it... Who can shoot and pass and thread the needle better the Steve Nash??? Who makes their team that much better??? Who can run an offense better??? Those are the jobs of a point guard and he flat out excels at all of them... Only ones being better is paul because of the defense and Williams is there to.

Lakersfan2483
So why do you think he was unabble to find a starting job. He is not even backing up an elite point guard. I think he is a very good player no doubt but calling him top 10 at this point in his career is reaching.

He signed with Portland with the intentions of starting, unsure why Mcmillan doesn't have him starting. He's a top ten point guard and would start for a lot of teams in the NBA. As I stated earlier, he was very productive last year with Philly and left as a free agent to the Blazers.

skinsfan4life80
Don't put tony parker in the top 5, he's not what he used to be.

We know he is better. he is 27 coming off his best season ever.

Shaddix
11-13-2009, 02:59 PM
And look at his stats this year compared to last year, not even close. Not even that he looks good because he doesn't. It's like he aged 4 years

Silent
11-13-2009, 03:00 PM
1 C. Paul
2 D. Williams
3 S Nash
4 C Billups
5. T Parker
6 J Kidd
7 M Williams
8 D Harris
9 R Rondo
10 D Rose

i think thats pretty close after arenas shows more he will be back on the list and same with rose ounce he heels up he will be top 7

skinsfan4life80
11-13-2009, 03:00 PM
He signed with Portland with the intentions of starting, unsure why Mcmillan doesn't have him starting. He's a top ten point guard and would start for a lot of teams in the NBA. As I stated earlier, he was very productive last year with Philly and left as a free agent to the Blazers.

Your not making any sense. He went there to start but was unable to beat out blake. if he is top 10 then i guesss blake is top 9.

skinsfan4life80
11-13-2009, 03:04 PM
And look at his stats this year compared to last year, not even close. Not even that he looks good because he doesn't. It's like he aged 4 years

he played in 4 games thne got hurt and had 24 21 on back to back nights in less then 30 minutes..u sound silly dude

Lakersfan2483
11-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Your not making any sense. He went there to start but was unable to beat out blake. if he is top 10 then i guesss blake is top 9.

The ball is in Brandon Roy's hands most of the time as he is the team's primary playmaker and Blake is perfect in terms of playing the role of spot up shooter. He's able to knock down the open shot when Roy is doubled. Because of Roy's playmaking abilites and the fact that he has the ball in his hands, it would make more sense to put a shooter on the floor. Miller is more of a prototypical point guard and doesn't fit the Blazers system. Miller would start for most teams.

AI4MVP
11-13-2009, 04:22 PM
you know what the list isnt that bad. although i think a player or two might be added and removed from the list by the end of the year, i dont have tooo many problems. if u cud make a list with the players that are already on the list, itd be

Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Deron Williams
Tony Parker
Chauncey Billups
Jason Kidd
Derrick Rose
Jose Calderon
Baron Davis
Rajon Rondo

AI4MVP
11-13-2009, 04:26 PM
please note my list is not the top ten point guards in the league. its the guys list that i fixed around. so its still his players, i just rearranged them

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't think the list is terrible but where is Devin Harris? Billups needs to move up and Rondo down.

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 04:33 PM
you know what the list isnt that bad. although i think a player or two might be added and removed from the list by the end of the year, i dont have tooo many problems. if u cud make a list with the players that are already on the list, itd be

Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Deron Williams
Tony Parker
Chauncey Billups
Jason Kidd
Derrick Rose
Jose Calderon
Baron Davis
Rajon Rondo

I like that list quite a bit. I think Kidd is a little high at this point in his career.

ChiSox219
11-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Steve Nash makes everyone around him better on offense

He makes everyone much worse on defense

ProdigyI
11-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Wow.....um this is the actual list so pay close attention

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Mo Williams
Derrick Rose
Rajon Rondo
Gilbert Arenas
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 04:39 PM

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Mo Williams
Derrick Rose
Rajon Rondo
Gilbert Arenas
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon

Mo Williams is way too high. Jameer Nelson is a jump shooter whose team improved when he got replaced by Alston and made a finals run. I also think Arenas is a combo guard but I guess as long as he's listed as a pg he belongs in the discussion for this list.

skinsfan4life80
11-13-2009, 04:42 PM

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Mo Williams
Derrick Rose
Rajon Rondo
Gilbert Arenas
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon

Any list without tony parker is wrong finals mvp period

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Didn't even realize he left off Parker. Yeah he has to be included.

AI4MVP
11-13-2009, 04:50 PM
i think mo williams is underrated. veryyyy underrated. hes a top 10 point guard in this league. im not exactly sure where in the top 10, but the guy can do it all. hes a great shooter,passer, defedner. what more do u want?

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 04:55 PM
i think mo williams is underrated. veryyyy underrated. hes a top 10 point guard in this league. im not exactly sure where in the top 10, but the guy can do it all. hes a great shooter,passer, defedner. what more do u want?

I think he's primarily a spot up shooter (perfect for Lebron) but not really a point guard. Just my opinion, I've thought since last year that he's pretty overrated.

AI4MVP
11-13-2009, 05:03 PM
I think he's primarily a spot up shooter (perfect for Lebron) but not really a point guard. Just my opinion, I've thought since last year that he's pretty overrated.

yeah i used to think the same thing until i really started to pay attention to all the great point guards because obvioulsy ima huge brandon jennings fan so i wanted to see how he matches up with the great point guards

so every since ive beeen paying close attention to point guards around the league ive realized that...

mo williams is actually a very good passer, can create his own shot, makes the shot after he creates it.

rajon rondo is infact very overrated. after watching him very closes, he cant really do anything that makes me say "wow. that was a nice thing he just did. i dont thikn alota point guards around the league can do that" hes not special in my opinion

i realized that steve nash is still by far the best OFFESNIVE point guard in the league, and prolly the best offensive point guard of all time except for magic johnson. i think nash is so good that his offensive game is debateable to john stocktons.

i also realized that in time, Brandon Jennings will be the best point guard in the NBA

BlondeBomber41
11-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Baron Davis would never make my top ten anything.

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Chauncey Billups
4. Tony Parker
5. Steve Nash
6. Rajon Rondo
7. Jason Kidd
8. Derrick Rose
9. Devin Harris
10. Jameer Nelson

Kyben36
11-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Derrick is a little high right now, he isnt preforming, wether its injury or sophmore slump.

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 11:15 PM
yeah i used to think the same thing until i really started to pay attention to all the great point guards because obvioulsy ima huge brandon jennings fan so i wanted to see how he matches up with the great point guards

so every since ive beeen paying close attention to point guards around the league ive realized that...

mo williams is actually a very good passer, can create his own shot, makes the shot after he creates it.

rajon rondo is infact very overrated. after watching him very closes, he cant really do anything that makes me say "wow. that was a nice thing he just did. i dont thikn alota point guards around the league can do that" hes not special in my opinion

i realized that steve nash is still by far the best OFFESNIVE point guard in the league, and prolly the best offensive point guard of all time except for magic johnson. i think nash is so good that his offensive game is debateable to john stocktons.

i also realized that in time, Brandon Jennings will be the best point guard in the NBA

Well written post and I respect your opinions. I just happen to disagree with you about Mo but completely agree with you on Rondo. I have always felt he's overrated but we won't know for certain until after he's done playing with three hall of famers.

In reference to Brandon Jennings, he has boatloads of talent but it will depend on what direction he takes his game. If he's committed to being a point guard more than a scorer and Milwaukee puts the talent around him (big if knowing that franchise) then the sky is the limit for him. For the time being I'll rate Paul, Williams, Rose, and maybe Westbrook as being the guys ahead of him as point guards of the future but he has all the skills to fly up that list.

skinsfan4life80
11-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Its funny how people come on here and say wow what a terriable list, then say here is my list and give damn near the exact same list with one or two names switch. Most of you who called the list horriable had the exact same top 5 and then just slightly changed the order for the rest. People on here just love to be negative or say something sucks.

chitownbulls
11-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Derrick is a little high right now, he isnt preforming, wether its injury or sophmore slump.

never thought I would here a bulls fan say this. lol

eugene
11-14-2009, 11:44 AM

1 Chris Paul
2 Deron Williams
3 Chauncey Billups
4 Tony Parker
5 Rajon Rondo
6 Steve Nash
7 Devin Harris
8 Jason Kidd
9 Baron Davis
10 Derrick Rose

much better...

Young and Stupid
11-14-2009, 12:24 PM
How many times do we have to do this. This is the final list and please don't bring this back up again because some these lists are terrible:

1. CP3
2. D-Will
3. Billups
4. Tony Parker
5. Steve Nash
6. Devin Harris
7. Rajon Rondo
8. Jason Kidd
9. Mo Williams
10. Jose Calderon

Baron Davis would have been top 7 on this list two years ago, but not the way he is playing right now, he chucks up too many shots and doesn't seem to play hard.
Not putting Rose on the list is gonna cause a riot from Bulls fans so....here it comes :hide:

69centers
11-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Sorry, I'm no Bulls fan, but even I will admit Rose is better than Devin Harris and Mo Williams. 2 guys that should definitely not be on any top 10 list. Harris only had good numbers last year because he played on one of the worst teams in the NBA. Plenty of backup point guards in the league could have garnered the same stats on that team.

69centers
11-14-2009, 01:18 PM
rajon rondo is infact very overrated. after watching him very closes, he cant really do anything that makes me say "wow. that was a nice thing he just did. i dont thikn alota point guards around the league can do that" hes not special in my opinion..

I know, because you don't have to be special at all to lead the league in steals and steals per game. Oh, and 4th in assists per game. Nah, any old guy could do it. Earl Boykins will be doing it next week.

skinsfan4life80
11-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Rondo is overrated. :hide: from all the Celtics bandwagoners.

Tripple doubles in the playoffs yea way overrated

JerseysFinest
11-14-2009, 01:52 PM
where's devin????

skinsfan4life80
11-14-2009, 02:04 PM
where's devin????

On a sorry team chucking up shots and not making anyone better. Being a ball hog on a bad team does not make you an elite point guard..just means you have inflated stats. A point guards job is to make people better and he surely doesnt do that

mrblisterdundee
11-14-2009, 02:04 PM
2009-2010 (so far):

1. Steve Nash
2. Chauncey Billups
3. Chris Paul (until last night's injury)
4. Rajon Rondo
5. Jason Kidd
6. Brandon Jennings
7. Jameer Nelson
8. Andre Miller
9. Tony Parker (until the injury)
10. Tyreke Evans

zambo4president
11-14-2009, 02:16 PM

1 Chris Paul
2 Deron Williams
3 Chauncey Billups
4 Tony Parker
5 Rajon Rondo
6 Steve Nash
7 Devin Harris
8 Jason Kidd
9 Baron Davis
10 Derrick Rose

You like the Cavs,Lakers,Magic,Celtics and Spurs?

skinsfan4life80
11-14-2009, 02:17 PM
2009-2010 (so far):

1. Steve Nash
2. Chauncey Billups
3. Chris Paul (until last night's injury)
4. Rajon Rondo
5. Jason Kidd
6. Brandon Jennings
7. Jameer Nelson
8. Andre Miller
9. Tony Parker (until the injury)
10. Tyreke Evans

Andre Miller ? what are you talking about ?

10 points 5 ast a game and 37 percent shooting from the floor 18 percent from 3. Say no to drugs there are 20 point guards having better seasons right now

Gambeezy
11-14-2009, 02:29 PM
My God, where the hell is Devin Harris? Calderon and Baron..really? :pity:

yuns554
11-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Chauncy Billups
Steve Nash
Tony Parker
Devin Harris
Gilbert Arenas
Jason Kidd
Rajon Rondo
Baron Davis

skinsfan4life80
11-16-2009, 08:59 AM
I cant believe people really think Harris is a top pg.