PDA

View Full Version : king james changing his number. base on money?

jabushfsu
11-13-2009, 01:12 PM
i wonder if the holiday sales season has something to do with it. i think this is base on money not respect. he has been in the league for like 5-7 years now.(not sure of time) if he had that much respect, he would have never wore that number.
nba is not doing good right now. this is a way to jump start sales. do i know any of this as a fact. no. just throwing it out their, this is what i think.

EternalLakeShow
11-13-2009, 01:15 PM
i think lebron just cant stand it when people arent talking about him

ManRam
11-13-2009, 01:25 PM
I think it has nothing to do with money.

If he leaves Cleveland, there is no doubt about it.

Hellcrooner
11-13-2009, 01:27 PM
its stupid.

if he had balls he woudl continue toweat 23 and trhy to have a career that earned him being
"THE 23"

Raph12
11-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Maybe he and Shaq are spending a bit too much time together. ;)

mully
11-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Didn't he talk about doing this after the olympics? Saying that he would wear this number?

thephoenixson28
11-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Jalen Rose said it best he had the right concept of changing his number cuz lebron thinks michael jordans number should be retired in general. But to change it to #6 which is the G.O.A.T number bill russel 13 championships is just nonsense. Or even Doctor j's number. Just stick with 23

bigsams50
11-13-2009, 01:32 PM
WTF does everyone think tht when lebron does something its about money. Kobe changed his number to. I didnt hear anybody saying he did it for money when he changed his number

ImThatDude
11-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Well Toney Douglas already wears #23 so it makes sense.

MJ-BULLS
11-13-2009, 01:34 PM
WTF does everyone think tht when lebron does something its about money. Kobe changed his number to. I didnt hear anybody saying he did it for money when he changed his number

its because james has said that he wants to be a billionaire

bigsams50
11-13-2009, 01:35 PM
its because james has said that he wants to be a billionaire

Yea but to base this off it is ridiculous. No one believes anything that he says and they always say its about money.

ManRam
11-13-2009, 01:38 PM

Seriously. He said he wants it out of the game completely. I heard him talking about it. He sounded sincere and almost emotional. There is only one 23. And as long as he's not the logo, no one should wear it. Riley hung a banner up in Miami retiring Jordan's numbers for the Heat. That probably also was in his head. I don't think this is money motivated whatsoever. Not in the least bit.

thesparky33
11-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Lebron doesnt even make money off of the jersey sales, so how could it be about money?

ChiSox219
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Why did Kobe change his number?

CHI CITY FAN 93
11-13-2009, 01:44 PM
i guess we can finally say...

AND FROM St. Vincent–St. Mary High School NUMBER 6...

LEBRON JAMES..

(Chicago Bulls Intro)

Lebron find a home in chicago..

bc your coming here.

twpguy
11-13-2009, 01:46 PM
James is a clueless idiot. He wants to retire a number for a guy that "Paved the way" for guy's like him. What this clown fails to realize is that the league had players before Jordon he should investigate if he wants to give props. Guy's like Dr J and Russell. He's another Jordon wanna be that doesnt know a damn thing

YouMadSon?
11-13-2009, 01:49 PM
He's changing from 23 because he's going to either Chicago or Miami. Both teams have Jordan's #23 retired. It's a sign! :speechless:

jamesdiego
11-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Lebron already made up his mind that he's coming to Chicago next year, and know's that he can't wear 23 here. This is a done deal. So he's just changing his number beforehand.

thephoenixson28
11-13-2009, 02:03 PM
He's changing from 23 because he's going to either Chicago or Miami. Both teams have Jordan's #23 retired. It's a sign! :speechless:Or phoenix cuz jason richardson already has 23

jim51990
11-13-2009, 02:09 PM
i think it is both because of respect and for his own legacy so in the future when people think 6 or whatever he picks they think lebron james

yankschamps09
11-13-2009, 02:18 PM
I Think They Should Retire Jordans Number Like They Did Jackie Robinson

Raph12
11-13-2009, 02:21 PM
i think it is both because of respect and for his own legacy so in the future when people think 6 or whatever he picks they think lebron james

Really, because right now when thinking of #6, I'm thinking the doctor, Julius Erving.

From one legend to another, got to love Lebron's ideaology.

WadeCounty
11-13-2009, 02:25 PM
I just have to be biased for my home team and say that hopefully the reason for the number change from 23 to 6 is because miami already has the number 23 retired in honor of micheal jordan so thats why when he plans to come to miami next season he's going to wear number 6. It can't help to be hopeful :)

Toenail Clipper
11-13-2009, 02:31 PM

Why do you capitalize every first letter of each word?

Toenail Clipper
11-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Or phoenix cuz jason richardson already has 23

Haha, Marcus Camby too! :speechless:

cmacmath
11-13-2009, 02:37 PM
You know what I think? I think he said something in the heat of the moment and I'll believe it when I see it.

You may recall he also said he would be in the Dunk contest this year...any of you think that is still going to happen?

Put a mic in an athlete's face immediately following a game and you may get one response. Sit him down at a table with Nike executives and lawyers and after he has had some time to think about it and you may get a different response.

Just saying......

NBAfan4life
11-13-2009, 02:38 PM
i wonder if the holiday sales season has something to do with it. i think this is base on money not respect. he has been in the league for like 5-7 years now.(not sure of time) if he had that much respect, he would have never wore that number.
nba is not doing good right now. this is a way to jump start sales. do i know any of this as a fact. no. just throwing it out their, this is what i think.

I dont think this would be a league decision for him to change his number, because if it was they would of told him to wait til after Christmas this year before making that kind of a statement.

It could be a ego thing because when he does change his number he will have the most popular jersey for sure for a while.

He could also just be sincere about what he is saying.

Kobe changed his number and I still dont like it. I liked it way better when he was number 8

scion52
11-13-2009, 03:17 PM
1. Retiring the number 23 league-wide is just stupid and selfish.
2. LeBron saying, "if I can't wear 23, then nobody else should be able to," is beyond stupid and selfish.

I may be missing important details here, but has MJ even said he wants his number retired league-wide? ****, you might as well retire 45 too. And when Kobe retires, retire 8 and 24. And when KG retires, retire 21 and 5.

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 03:20 PM
This is entirely based on jersey sales. His last stab at gouging money from Cleveland fans before he leaves them. For the record I don't think this has anything to do with him going to Chicago or Miami.

Ray_R
11-13-2009, 03:33 PM

He was a kid he was only 18. Mostly everyone who plays high school or college always want or try to wear Number 23 in basketball.But i do believe it slightly is a mixture of both,.

CrazyCrackar
11-13-2009, 03:33 PM
He changing Jerseys anyway, so it really doesnt matter

nikefreek220
11-13-2009, 03:53 PM
he is doing this, because he is going to sign with the Lakers :) for a much cheaper contract, via sign and trade. So by changing his number, he still gets a ton of money from jersey sells, and makes up for not getting the max contract and he gets a boost from Nike, by signing with a "large market".

:)

tr4shb0t
11-13-2009, 03:57 PM
His agent told him it would look good to the public if he changed it

Or he wants to have a number that can be retired because he might think he is good enough

nikefreek220
11-13-2009, 03:58 PM

NO WAY!! michael jordan didn't break any barriers, all MJ did was be a GREAT (best) ball player and i dont believe that is enough. And its not like he was some type of Role Model either, he isn't out there raising tons of money. IMO he has a bad attitude, and that doesn't help him. ( But i guess when you are the GOAT your allowed to have a bad attitude, shiiiiiit i know i would)

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah, the Jackie Robinson comparison is terrible. There are absolutely no similarities.

ragee
11-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Maybe he and Shaq are spending a bit too much time together. ;)

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

ChiSox219
11-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Jordan elevated the game to global status, and if Reggie Miller and Lebron James think Jordan's number should be retired league wide, I think I'd side with them.

Stunner
11-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Why did Kobe change his number?

He went back to his High School number.

Stunner
11-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Dont forget Kevin Martin either. King James playing for the Kings.LMAO

Aye that would be a good team to think of it.

Evans
Martin
James
Thompson
Hawes

Ray_R
11-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Jordan elevated the game to global status, and if Reggie Miller and Lebron James think Jordan's number should be retired league wide, I think I'd side with them.

he was also the main reason the NBA is a mainstream bussiness i know i did a paper on it :hi5: