PDA

View Full Version : Sac better without Martin?

canada boy
11-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Since Martins been out they have been winning.

ManRam
11-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Martin was shooting a very low percentage, taking about 7 threes a game, and jacking up a ridiculous amount of shots. He's not really a play-maker, or someone who makes his teammates better. He's a scorer/shooter. I watched some of their game vs. OKC the other night, and it seems like they are pretty good with Evans running things. It was a balanced attack. Everyone was getting involved. Evans is a much better passer and play-maker than Martin. He really got his teammates involved. I think he had 8 or 9 assists that game. They have a solid front court with Hawes and Thompson...they just need guys to help make them better. They can't score on their own. Martin doesn't really help them out.

They aren't better without him, I think they just need him to take fewer shots, and let other guys get involved. Evans is gonna be a stud. They have to let him grow. The offense shouldn't run through Martin...it should come to him.

td0tsfinest
11-13-2009, 11:43 AM
to be honest, i was never a big fan of Kevin Martin and i'm not surprised they're doing better w/o him. With him out guys like Tyreke Evans, Spencer Hawes and Jason Thompson are getting more touches and producing.

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Yes they are better without him and should trade him to the Bulls as soon as he's healthy, lol.

Raph12
11-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Evans has been doing a great job for that team

arkanian215
11-13-2009, 12:44 PM
sell. it's too early to tell. there's just too many thing involved with kevin martin missing. looking at the schedule, sac played okc, sas, atl, no and mem with a helathy kevin martin. compare that to utah, gsw and okc. id say the beginning was a much tougher stretch. also the games against okc, no, and sas were on the road.

of course schedule isnt the only reason why they may be doing better. tyreke has taken care of the ball better since he moved to sg. also imo udrih runs the point better than evans right now and is a much better passer. on top of that the real jason thompson finally showed up. through the first four games he got something like 9 pts and 8 rebs. in the last four he has only taken 6 more shots but is scoring 18.5 and grabbing 11 boards. so imo the kings arent necessarily better off without kmart even though they're getting wins right now. ill startin buying into it if they beat houston, dallas, and memphis on the road.

MJ-BULLS
11-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Yes they are better without him and should trade him to the Bulls as soon as he's healthy, lol.

agree

what54!?
11-13-2009, 01:12 PM
yeah they are. The kings have found their future in Evans, trade martin to a team that could use a scorer

lavilevi23
11-13-2009, 01:28 PM

:facepalm: Bulls fans are becoming the most annoying fans in all sports.

MJ-BULLS
11-13-2009, 01:30 PM

he just giving u an opinion its not like its hurting u or something :shrug:

ManRam
11-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Actually, the first thing I thought when the idea of a trade got brought up was the Bulls. He'd be the perfect fit there. They need a scorer, especially since Salmons is struggling. Rose would run the team, and all Martin would have to do is score, not carry a team. Give Chicago a scorer, and they might be able to contend in the East.

Thing is, I can't fathom who the Bulls would trade. They have front court depth, but Sacramento doesn't need that. They wont want Salmons or Miller back, or really anyone else. I don't see how it would get done. They need Deng more than they need Martin too.

mikantsass
11-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Evans will win ROY, he is playing great so far. Thompson is also stepping up big. I think when Martin comes back they will improve. They have to find a way to get Evans and Martin on the court together. Hawes needs to contribute more. The Kings have some good young talent, they just need a good wing player/sf.

Raph12
11-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Actually, the first thing I thought when the idea of a trade got brought up was the Bulls. He'd be the perfect fit there. They need a scorer, especially since Salmons is struggling. Rose would run the team, and all Martin would have to do is score, not carry a team. Give Chicago a scorer, and they might be able to contend in the East.

Thing is, I can't fathom who the Bulls would trade. They have front court depth, but Sacramento doesn't need that. They wont want Salmons or Miller back, or really anyone else. I don't see how it would get done. They need Deng more than they need Martin too.

They could get AI on the cheap though...

Hawkeye15
11-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Trade him to Minnesota for Blount and Cardinal's expiring deals.

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 02:23 PM

Means a lot coming from a HEAT fan. It was a joke get over it. Besides he fits perfectly with them but the other guy is right we don't really have someone to trade them that makes sense for Sac.

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Trade him to Minnesota for Blount and Cardinal's expiring deals.

I actually used Minny on 2K and the first thing I did was trade for Kevin Martin. I know that doesn't fit the thread really but just seemed ironic.

AK-50
11-13-2009, 02:52 PM

lol so true whenever theres a thread about a player they are the first to mention that player on their team its really annoying

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 02:55 PM
There's just more of us than most other teams. The Lakers out number us but they don't freaking need anyone!

blackjack_119
11-13-2009, 03:00 PM
This is about as dumb as when the Thunder started playing well when Durant went down last season and people were claiming that the Thunder were a better without him.

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I still remember when Shaq got hurt in Orlando and there was a big segment on espn as to whether or not the team was better without Shaq getting in Penny's way. Same things happened with Zo in Miami and Webber in Sacramento. This happens any time a big name guy goes down and the team wins a few games.

ChiSox219
11-13-2009, 03:08 PM
This is about as dumb as when the Thunder started playing well when Durant went down last season and people were claiming that the Thunder were a better without him.

Durant is a weird case, his +/- was terrible you can chalk that up to the rest of the team but the thread I posted about RA+/- has Durant listed as #382 out of 389 and that's adjusted for just about every factor you could think of.

ManRam
11-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I still remember when Shaq got hurt in Orlando and there was a big segment on espn as to whether or not the team was better without Shaq getting in Penny's way. Same things happened with Zo in Miami and Webber in Sacramento. This happens any time a big name guy goes down and the team wins a few games.

Those were all big guys...who don't have the ball in their hands 50% of the time. Martin does...and he does nothing to make his teammates better. Big men need their other teammates to help them out. Guards don't. That's why they can hurt a team, despite putting up good scoring totals. Martin is a offense killer. All he does is shoot, try to get create his own shot, or shoot. He is a shot chuking, me-first, ball hog.

DerekRE_3
11-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Those were all big guys...who don't have the ball in their hands 50% of the time. Martin does...and he does nothing to make his teammates better. Big men need their other teammates to help them out. Guards don't. That's why they can hurt a team, despite putting up good scoring totals. Martin is a offense killer. All he does is shoot, try to get create his own shot, or shoot. He is a shot chuking, me-first, ball hog.

He doesn't need the ball in his hands as much as you think. Martin actually wanted us to draft Tyreke Evans so he would take the ball out of his hands and take the pressure off of him. One of Martin's greatest strengths is moving without the ball. He and Rip Hamilton are very similar in that way, but Kevin Martin can get to the line more and has better range. Not sure why you hate Kevin Martin so much...

Correlation doesn't prove causation. Just because we won 3 games with him out doesn't make him a team cancer. The reason why the ball still went though Martin more than Tyreke Evans to start the year is because Tyreke was struggling to start the year and was nursing a sprained ankle. He also just turned 20 years old and is the 3rd youngest player in the NBA, we weren't sure if he would be ready to take over the team on his first freaking day in the NBA. Now that he has gotten healthy and more comfortable, Tyreke has shown that he is ready to be "the guy" on our team. We also have another new coach this year, and the first 5 games of the season the team was still figuring out the system, and they still are, it's still early. But they have gotten a lot more comfortable with it, are moving the ball, and they are playing hard. That is why we have played so much better, not because of Kevin Martin taking a seat.