PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else NOT like watching LeBron?

YouMadSon?
11-13-2009, 12:01 AM
He's a hell of a player, quite arguably the best in the game today. But damn I cannot stand watching this play. He's like a giant freight train who just goes full speed to the basket and draws fouls.

His jumper is not pretty or smooth, his handles are awkward. Idk imo he's just sort of awkward to me.

Lebron gets ball
Lebron goes full speed and either:

- Dunks
- Gets fouled while knocking the defender into the next century

/end rant

BaustinSali08
11-13-2009, 12:08 AM
So....what?

ManRam
11-13-2009, 12:15 AM
I love watching him play. Never seen someone with his power. Sure, he draws a ton of fouls...but that's because no one attacks as much and as hard as he does.

You're definitely over exaggerating. That's not all it boils down to. I think his game is incredibly interesting to watch.

SA5195
11-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Then don't watch him.

mp3
11-13-2009, 12:22 AM
i agree its not that impressive when thats all he does. i felt like he slimmed down because he was getting sick of people saying thats all he does but he still does it

YouMadSon?
11-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Eh..I may be overreacting but watching him and Wade parade to the FT all day long really got to my head.

jim51990
11-13-2009, 12:25 AM
lebron is the most exciting player to watch in the league today

mp3
11-13-2009, 12:28 AM
the point is its annoyin to watch...

ChiSox219
11-13-2009, 12:31 AM
I love watching Lebron play but the NBA really needs to decided whether or not dribbling the ball is required, because too many times i've seen Lebron take two steps draw a foul, take two more steps and get a continuation call.

_KB24_
11-13-2009, 12:37 AM
He's fun to watch to when he is in the open court. I do get sick of tired of him driving into the paint and getting ******** calls/travel. I would have to say the most exciting player in the NBA is probably CP3 the way he has been ripping it up.

mp3
11-13-2009, 12:41 AM
yeah i mean i love watching a guy (Lebron) get to the line 20 times a game, and who did you say 2nd wade? yeah i loved watchin him get to the line 25 times a game. im more impressed with chris paul who is barely 6 foot and pretty much takes over.

airraptor8
11-13-2009, 12:54 AM
I agree with the OP, the cav's offense is literally watching lebron barrel down the lane 75% of the time, but that's not lebron's fault, its the defense. If they can't stop it, then why not do it every single time.

tr4shb0t
11-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Watching skilled players is more enjoyable

Kenny
11-13-2009, 12:58 AM
He's a hell of a player, quite arguably the best in the game today. But damn I cannot stand watching this play. He's like a giant freight train who just goes full speed to the basket and draws fouls.

His jumper is not pretty or smooth, his handles are awkward. Idk imo he's just sort of awkward to me.

Lebron gets ball

- Dunks

/end rant

His handles is awkward? Lebrons 6-8 260 pounds and dribbles like a pg... And anyone whose watched him play the 2nd half of last year and this year has seen his jump shot become better and better

Teeboy1487
11-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Lebron is just taking what he can get. He is 6 foot 9 and 260 pounds with the quickness of a guard. It's only natural that he is going to get alot of free throws. I kind of expect him to get to the free throw line. It's boring but it is apart of the game. I like watching Lebron though. My opinion of course.

albertc86
11-13-2009, 01:01 AM
LeBron is fun to watch but I'd rather watch Kobe, Wade and Carmelo more. LeBron's jumper isn't pretty and all he does is power his way to the basket.

Toenail Clipper
11-13-2009, 01:04 AM
I don't like watching him play basketball, his inside game doesn't even take skill.
Anywho, all I like from him is his fast break blocks, thats dope

Jahari Kavi
11-13-2009, 01:09 AM

yeah...cause lebron isn't skilled at all :rolleyes:

ManRam
11-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Sorry man, but Kobe is still the funnest player to watch in the NBA. He's got the best fundamentals in the league. Inside, outside, post, perimeter, passing, scoring, rebounding, defense...........he does it all.........and he does it with more style and class than anybody in the game. Even at 31 years of age, he's the best. Deal with it.

Love watching Lebron and Wade, cause they are the future.........but watching Kobe this season has been amazing. He looks better than ever.

Not only is funnest not a word...but "funnest" is totally subjective. You can't tell me what I enjoy and what I don't. It's pure opinion.

So I'm not going to deal with anything. I think LeBron is more fun to watch. End of story.

Master Mind
11-13-2009, 01:11 AM

And D-Wade

MAC10TIZZY
11-13-2009, 01:14 AM
43 ft from lebron and dwade tonite was somewhat dissapointing to watch, im not sure if this can be fixed but it does kinda alter the way i view their play....either way both are mvp type of players

Chronz
11-13-2009, 01:21 AM

Youve never seen someone with his size have his handles. Thats not god given, Im constantly amazed watching the guy play. He makes a good 3 or 4 plays a game that no other athlete can pull off but him.

And his jumper has been MONEY this year, aside from 1 game.

Confusion
11-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Then don't watch him.:hi5: I think the thread creator is pretty much saying "He's to good to watch".

raidercincy
11-13-2009, 01:30 AM

Lebron gets ball

- Dunks

/end rant

You asked a question and I'am gonna answer. So if you get your feelings hurt. Don't go and run and tell the owner of this site. Lebron is the baddest dude on this planet. Tonight Miami tried 5 players on him. It didn't work. I've played college ball and High School ball. I 've coached 22 guys who are in the NBA. Lebron can pass, Shoot and play D. he's only 24 years old. Please go and play the game. You really need to study the game. I'm so sorry for you. You have no clue about Basketball. This comment you made showed your skill level of the game. You are taught to go hard that's the way brothers play. That's the reason they are the best players in the world HANDS DOWN. Because he destroyed your team don't try to take away his skills. If he were on your team you would'nt say a thing. I know the truth hurts. But it is what it is. So don't hate. Congratulate Remember a Hater is made EVERYDAY. I hope this answered your question without hurting yor little feelings. Have a Nice Day Playa.

Zefflin
11-13-2009, 01:30 AM

:laugh2:

I can think of at least 3 other players I'd rather watch. No, no way.

theuuord
11-13-2009, 02:33 AM
:laugh2:

I can think of at least 3 other players I'd rather watch. No, no way.

I mean, sure you may not agree with him, but is it really a laughable notion that LeBron is the most exciting player for a lot of people to watch?

Like, really? This is LeBron we're talking about, not Andre Miller.

MCV1313
11-13-2009, 02:38 AM
i agree, he gets most of his points in transition, dunks, etc...

anyone remember last year in the playoffs when it was close and he air balled the free throws hahahahaha

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-13-2009, 02:44 AM
How the hell is Lebron most amazing to watch??
he always does the same thing over and over
BORING!!!

but kobe has so many ways to score points, its like you never know what kobe does next

Kenny
11-13-2009, 02:50 AM
i agree, he gets most of his points in transition, dunks, etc...

anyone remember last year in the playoffs when it was close and he air balled the free throws hahahahaha

I remember him averaging 38 pts 8 assists 8 rebounds in the playoffs, yes i remember that

_KB24_
11-13-2009, 02:56 AM
I remember him averaging 38 pts 8 assists 8 rebounds in the playoffs, yes i remember that

I remember him getting destroyed by Orlando.......

At the end of the day, winning matters. Sorry Lebron. Maybe in a couple of years.

J4KOP99
11-13-2009, 03:10 AM
I personally love watching the guy. He is an athlete we may never see the likes of again.

I enjoy watching Kobe as well but they play two entirely different games. Kobe is great fundamentally while LeBron is just a raw talent who can out-run, out-jump and out-power anyone on the court.

If you don't like watching Lebron, then you just don't like basketball or sports in general.

abe_froman
11-13-2009, 03:14 AM
how can you not like watching him?

stawka
11-13-2009, 04:28 AM
And this is why Laker fans ruin PSD

D-Leethal
11-13-2009, 04:32 AM
I think its the Cavs offense that is unbearable to watch.......they give the ball to Lebron and stand there and wait for something to happen......they never push the tempo or utilize Lebron as a finisher unless he starts and finishes in the same play........like Barkley and Cwebb said, Lebron is the only star whos team strucured an offense completely wrong for him.......sure he still puts up amazing stats because of how unbelieveably good he is, but they need to run the floor with an athlete/finisher as good as LBJ

OnWisconsin2007
11-13-2009, 05:02 AM
I hate plays like these!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6j5CuLkAjc

:)

LeBron is the ****. End of story.

Kevj77
11-13-2009, 05:07 AM
He is fun to watch. Most young player that plays above the rim are. It will be interesting to see if he developes his game because he has all the tools. He won't be in his twenties forever though. His post game and mid-range game isn't what it needs to be, but he can be unselfish. He has time to develope those things, but he will never be on the level of MJ or Kobe unless he does that. Remember when Kobe was his age he played above the rim too. He doesn't have that ability anymore, but can still drop 40 because he worked on a all around game.

I think he will though because he wants to be great. He needs to get better at what he doesn't do well like MJ did. Once MJ got a great mid-range jump shot and good post moves he was unstopable.

stawka
11-13-2009, 05:25 AM
I think its the Cavs offense that is unbearable to watch.......they give the ball to Lebron and stand there and wait for something to happen......they never push the tempo or utilize Lebron as a finisher unless he starts and finishes in the same play........like Barkley and Cwebb said, Lebron is the only star whos team strucured an offense completely wrong for him.......sure he still puts up amazing stats because of how unbelieveably good he is, but they need to run the floor with an athlete/finisher as good as LBJ

You should realize by now that you can't win by running up and down. You MUST have set plays for your best player. The thing with LeBron is, you get him the ball and let him set the play up himself. For a guy that can score like he can, I haven't seen a young man pass that well.

Sure the coach sets up plays after a Timeout or towards the end of the game, but generally it's get LeBron the ball, set a few picks and get open on the outside.

It isn't Phoenix 2005 fun to watch, but he's pretty unbelievable to sit and watch his game

sp1derm00
11-13-2009, 05:34 AM
Anyone else see Lebron attempt to post up tonight?

It was pretty horrid to watch.

The_Mac22
11-13-2009, 06:11 AM
He's fun to watch.

ManRam
11-13-2009, 10:15 AM
I remember him getting destroyed by Orlando.......

At the end of the day, winning matters. Sorry Lebron. Maybe in a couple of years.

I remember his team getting destroyed by Orlando. I'm pretty sure he only scored less than 35 points in one game vs. Orlando. I'm pretty sure he hit a buzzer beater. I'm pretty sure he averaged like 9 assists and 9 rebounds vs. the Magic. Yeah...he got destroyed :rolleyes:

Jordan didn't win a title until his 7th year...and LeBron is younger. He has time to win. He's already won enough for me considering the team he's been on. Winning doesn't make you the most enjoyable (and he does win a ton of games). Being the freak athlete that he is, the fun-loving guy he is...makes him my favorite player to watch.

Ray_R
11-13-2009, 10:37 AM
How the hell is Lebron most amazing to watch??
he always does the same thing over and over
BORING!!!

but kobe has so many ways to score points, its like you never know what kobe does next

why you trying to turn this into a Kobe Vs Lebron Thread.?

Ray_R
11-13-2009, 10:42 AM
I hate plays like these!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6j5CuLkAjc

:)

LeBron is the ****. End of story.

:yawn: how boring:D....Sike if you dont like to watch these you must be dead.....

ManRam
11-13-2009, 10:50 AM
:yawn: how boring:D....Sike if you dont like to watch these you must be dead.....

No one else in the league can do any of those things...except for #1. And even so, he's arguably turning into the best clutch shooter in the game.

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't like watching him at all. He's great but I hate superstar foul calls and he gets more of them than anyone. Every time he missed a shot in the paint he looks at the ref like he's out of his mind for not sending him to the line.

G-Funk
11-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I would rather watch Kobe or Wade.

3RDASYSTEM
11-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I love watching him cuz he reminds me of 2 of my favs in a combo package AI/SHAQ...all that speed mixed with power and i would tell LEBRON to keep attacking til the wheels fall off, why not utilize your GOD given talents, wat do you want him to do stand 30ft from basket jackin up treys,he has xtreme physical gifts...so he uses them,jus like any other player who has a talent/niche

madiaz3
11-13-2009, 11:37 AM
I remember his team getting destroyed by Orlando. I'm pretty sure he only scored less than 35 points in one game vs. Orlando. I'm pretty sure he hit a buzzer beater. I'm pretty sure he averaged like 9 assists and 9 rebounds vs. the Magic. Yeah...he got destroyed :rolleyes:

Jordan didn't win a title until his 7th year...and LeBron is younger. He has time to win. He's already won enough for me considering the team he's been on. Winning doesn't make you the most enjoyable (and he does win a ton of games). Being the freak athlete that he is, the fun-loving guy he is...makes him my favorite player to watch.

When you control the ball as much as he did, your shooters will find it hard to find themselves in a rhythm. Orlando played Lebron and his team just right.

Double_R
11-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Lebron is not a creative jump shooter like Kobe, because he is not a great shooter.

He is however the best at getting fouls called, the refs love Lebron and Stern Loves Lebron

Double_R
11-13-2009, 11:41 AM
No one else in the league can do any of those things...except for #1. And even so, he's arguably turning into the best clutch shooter in the game.

Who are you talking about?

Lebron?

Hahahahhahahhahahhahhaaha

THat is the most insane thing I've ever heard.

He is clutch at getting lay-ups and fouls, not jump shots. That was a miracle vs. Otown last year, a shot he thought he missed, that is not clutch that is luck, I guess big baby is becoming one of the most clutch shooters too
hahahhahaha
hahahhaha
Give Lebron his nuts back, you've held them for too long

ManRam
11-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Lebron is not a creative jump shooter like Kobe, because he is not a great shooter.

He is however the best at getting fouls called, the refs love Lebron and Stern Loves Lebron

Err...because he drives to the hoop more than anyone else in the league, and far more agressively. There's a reason he draws so many calls. A tiny amount of it has to do with his name...but most of it has to do with his style of play. The more you attack and the more aggressive you are, the more fouls will be called. Players rarely get fouled on jump shots. 90% of shooting fouls are in the paint...where LeBron attacks all the time. Wade is the same way. They earn their trips to the charity stripe....much like AI in his prime. Did AI go to the line because of Stern? No. It's because he earned it.

And I was referring to the top 10 highlight posted above. No one in the league could do half those things besides LeBron.

Russollini
11-13-2009, 11:47 AM
The issue is not bron bron, the issue is he league. It is a one on one game now and not a team game. CP3 is fun to watch because he dishes so well too. I am a miami fan, and love watching Wade because he makes the impossible possible and those around him better, bron bron just runs it in, so I understand where you are coming from. I think league should call less fouls, let the game flow and teams should build teams not look for the one star. I think the problem they run into in doing so is teams do not sell tickets, and kids coming into the NBA push for personal stats not team stats. The great Bulls, Laker, San Antonio and Celtic teams were always teams. In the case of San Antonio, think of how good they were but how people complained they were boring. Fans created the one on one game, and they want team play back. I think the true answer is somewhere in-between. Bird, Magic and Jordan were team players that created for everyone and for themselves.

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 11:57 AM
I love watching him cuz he reminds me of 2 of my favs in a combo package AI/SHAQ...all that speed mixed with power and i would tell LEBRON to keep attacking til the wheels fall off, why not utilize your GOD given talents, wat do you want him to do stand 30ft from basket jackin up treys,he has xtreme physical gifts...so he uses them,jus like any other player who has a talent/niche

Maybe that's why I hate watching Lebron so much. Those are probably my two least favorite players of all time.

Double_R
11-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Take the Magic off your thing, it's not deserved... Lebron plays for the Cavs, not the Magic... You have embarrassed me and all other Magic fans.

Yea Lebron is the best at getting to the line, like I said. BTW last year in the ECF's Lebron got so many insane calls that is was written about by multiple large media sources... Not to mention that Lebron outside of game 1, shot the ball terrible from outside the paint and had a ridiculous amount of turnovers in the 4th quarters and missed free throws that mattered.

KnicksorBust
11-13-2009, 12:12 PM
This is coming from a Warriors fan who all your team does is run up and down and score 300PPG, yet don't make the Playoff's.
Fact of the matter is, LeBron is the most fun guy to watch in the NBA today. A few years ago, it was Kobe. Now it's LeBron then Wade, followed by Kobe pick opposing teams apart with whatever he wants to do.

What does this have to do with the thread at all? What does his favorite team have to do with anything? Just random baiting as usual. Pathetic.

But what does my opinion matter I'm just a Knicks fan right? :)

On topic: LeBron is a rare athlete and incredibly gifted. His dunks and blocks are phenomenal to watch and I can't get enough of him or the other top stars like Wade/Kobe/Paul/Roy. They are all entertaining in different ways.

ManRam
11-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Take the Magic off your thing, it's not deserved... Lebron plays for the Cavs, not the Magic... You have embarrassed me and all other Magic fans.

WTF are you talking about?

BkOriginalOne
11-13-2009, 12:29 PM
I know what you mean, it's not the BEST basketball to watch.

theuuord
11-13-2009, 12:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyd4NPvzKQg

J4KOP99
11-13-2009, 12:46 PM
And this is why Laker fans ruin PSD

Easy man. There are plenty of Lakers fans that are reasonable and do not only think about Kobe Bryant whenever a discussion comes up.

Anyone who does not like watching LeBron James needs to check their pulse. He's a once in a lifetime type player and even the Cavs offense is a little frustrating to watch, LeBron can do almost anything on the court and that is why he is so special.

Raph12
11-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Kobe is the most exciting player to watch in the league today

There... fixed.

TheLakeshow24
11-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Queen James sucks.

theuuord
11-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Easy man. There are plenty of Lakers fans that are reasonable and do not only think about Kobe Bryant whenever a discussion comes up.

There are? They should really come out of the woodwork more often.

EternalLakeShow
11-13-2009, 01:10 PM
There are? They should really come out of the woodwork more often.

i hate watching lebron shoot free throws and dribble out a game thats over while kobes playing ball

does that count as reasonable? ;)

ManRam
11-13-2009, 01:10 PM
This thread has taken a turn for the better. Nice feedback TheLakeshow24. Great point.

MJ-BULLS
11-13-2009, 01:11 PM
lebron is a incredible player, i enjoy watching him

theuuord
11-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Kind of difficult when his team is on National TV half the year don't you think? But hey, if you want to pay for my League Pass feel free.

Um, it's not that difficult if you have, you know, a life.

They play on national tv 25 times this year. There are plenty of other games to watch, or, you know, other things to do.

ko8e24
11-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Lebron is great playa, but I know what the OP means

yankschamps09
11-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Agreed I Like Watching D.Wade Better

Raph12
11-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Um, it's not that difficult if you have, you know, a life.

They play on national tv 25 times this year. There are plenty of other games to watch, or, you know, other things to do.

:laugh: agreed.

Frezhnitz
11-13-2009, 02:25 PM
i cant stand watching him either. All he does is dunk.

ManRam
11-13-2009, 03:15 PM

Hmm...you're a Laker fan.

You don't like players who dunk a lot (it's sooo boring).

Who leads the league in dunks??

Answer: Andrew Bynum. My guess is he's boring to watch too.

You probably don't like watching Kobe either. I mean, he never dunks, which is a good thing. That means he's not boring. Too bad he has just as many dunks as LeBron.

Great post dude.

LeBron averages way less than 2 dunks a game. Yeah. That's all he does ;)

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 03:18 PM

Vikings and Lakers, is it just a purple thing? But dunking is far from the reason I think he's boring. It's the non stop trips to the free throw line.

Toenail Clipper
11-13-2009, 03:19 PM
I can't watch him because he stole the videotape :(

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I can't watch him because he stole the videotape :(

Awesome!

d00d
11-13-2009, 03:23 PM
as much as the NBA wants to shove him down our throats and make us believe he is MJ reborn, I can't stand watching him.

he looks at the jumbotron more than the game to check his profile and see how many times they put him on it.

boring player

zachattach
11-13-2009, 03:38 PM

I dont mind watching him play, but i do hate listening to broadcasters call the games he plays in. These guys are sitting sideline in suits with knee pads on. I never understood what the knee pads were for until they started there broadcast... damn

SteveNash
11-13-2009, 03:59 PM
LeBron James is very boring to watch when he dribbles out 30 feet away from the basket to run an isolation play for himself. So boring that his teammates don't even enjoy watching it.

Lakerfan In NY
11-13-2009, 04:12 PM
I just can't watch this new NBA and all the walking, It was always bad but now it ridicilous.

MiamiHeat
11-13-2009, 04:23 PM
yeah I know what he means
I rather watch Kobe or Wade

Turtle55
11-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Wade and Paul are probably my favorite two to watch.

Chronz
11-13-2009, 05:20 PM
When you control the ball as much as he did, your shooters will find it hard to find themselves in a rhythm. Orlando played Lebron and his team just right.

Except that Bron played exactly the way they did all year, only forcing the issue once it was clear his teammates were not going to step up. You would have a decent point if it werent for the fact that they (his shooters) had ample opportunities to produce. They sucked pretty much all playoffs, regardless of the type of looks they got, the result was always the same.... CLANK

SteveNash
11-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Except that Bron played exactly the way they did all year, only forcing the issue once it was clear his teammates were not going to step up. You would have a decent point if it werent for the fact that they (his shooters) had ample opportunities to produce. They sucked pretty much all playoffs, regardless of the type of looks they got, the result was always the same.... CLANK

Yes, but as soon as things started going south, LeBron reverted. He needs/needed to have more patience.

Gambeezy
11-13-2009, 06:07 PM
His handles is awkward? Lebrons 6-8 260 pounds and dribbles like a pg... And anyone whose watched him play the 2nd half of last year and this year has seen his jump shot become better and better

Yea his jumper is very smooth this year. Looked clean in the Heat game

albertc86
11-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Yea his jumper is very smooth this year. Looked clean in the Heat game

His shot is more consistent but not smooth. I don't think even his best of fans will try to emulate his shot.

celtisox41
11-13-2009, 06:41 PM
He takes every shot for his team and misses alot. He gets most his points off of joke fouls by the refs because the NBA loves him for some reason

Tony_Starks
11-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Yeah I can't stand watching Lebron, or Kobe or DWade for that matter.... I prefer to watch players like Mike James, Mo Pete, Darko Milicic, and Joel PRyzbilla... Those are the prime time players I'd pay to watch every night!

celtisox41
11-13-2009, 06:55 PM
This isn't about the players you want to watch, its about if you like watching lebron or not. I cant stand ESPN when he's playing, all they do is spend the whole game talking about how great he is when all he does is complain to the refs

azkarraga
11-13-2009, 07:10 PM

Lebron gets ball

- Dunks

/end rant

Made me laugh. Thanks.

_KB24_
11-15-2009, 02:05 AM

Basketball is a team game. Team meaning 5 players on a court at a given time. Players play on a team. So if your team is destroyed, then you are part of that. He may have had the mind-bobbling stats, but I think he was a little to blame because he seemed to be doing to much, reminded me of when Kobe took his teammates out of games. If you had the best record in the league, and were MAN-HANDLED the way the Cavs were, everyone is equally to blame.