PDA

View Full Version : NBA on TNT Intro: Wade, LeBron, Nash & Kobe

RaiderLakersA's
11-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Do you agree with TNT's characterization of the following 4 NBA superstars?

Dwyane Wade - "The Smooth Operator"
LeBron James - "The Muscle"
Steve Nash - "The Hustler"
Kobe Bryant - "The Boss"

Again, these are not my characterizations, but the monikers given by TNT in tonight's introduction. Discuss.

Bashna
11-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Kobe the boss? That's just silly...

Wade's is pretty good.

Lebrons is okay, but something involving a trampoline or a cheetah on steroids might be better.

Nash's could be better, but i'm okay with it.

ChiSox219
11-12-2009, 09:14 PM
What I don't agree with is the NBA scheduling two road teams playing the end of back to backs as the only games on a Thursday.

Will be watching the Bears, but check out the games during commercials, definitely watch the end of the Lakers-Suns

Bashna
11-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Good point ChiSox, especially considering that both the heat and lakers are both fighting for spots, aswell as cleveland and phoenix. Seems silly, but oh well, not the first time it's happend.

NPH
11-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Kobe the boss? That's just silly...

Wade's is pretty good.

Lebrons is okay, but something involving a trampoline or a cheetah on steroids might be better.

Nash's could be better, but i'm okay with it.

Ok good im glad that the tnt executives got your approval

ChiSox219
11-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Good point ChiSox, especially considering that both the heat and lakers are both fighting for spots, aswell as cleveland and phoenix. Seems silly, but oh well, not the first time it's happend.

What makes it worse is neither Miami, nor LA had to play last night.

Bashna
11-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Ok good im glad that the tnt executives got your approval

Check yourself bro...He said discuss this, so i gave my input to further the discussion and give an outside opinion, considering that's the point.

LakeShowRaider
11-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Do you agree with TNT's characterization of the following 4 NBA superstars?

Dwyane Wade - "The Smooth Operator"
LeBron James - "The Muscle"
Steve Nash - "The Hustler"
Kobe Bryant - "The Boss"

Again, these are not my characterizations, but the monikers given by TNT in tonight's introduction. Discuss.

As a Kobe fan I gotta say I love his moniker.

Dwades is pretty acurate too.

LBJ is more muscle than skill soo I agree

Nash is not a hustler.

Bashna
11-12-2009, 09:42 PM
nash is not a hustler.

lol

Lakersfan2483
11-12-2009, 09:54 PM
The monikers are on point.

Confusion
11-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I like Nash's one.

dodie53
11-12-2009, 09:59 PM
mafia monickers?

championships
11-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Kobe- The Godfather. "You may kiss my rings"

Lakersfan2483
11-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Kobe- The Godfather. "You may kiss my rings"

I like that nickname. :clap:

king4day
11-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Maybe the intro is part of the reason this game is going dog slow?
How do they schedule the games so close to each other? We're gonna miss at least the first quarter of the Suns/Lakers thanks to TNT's terrible scheduling and sponser whoring

ko8e24
11-12-2009, 10:19 PM
What makes it worse is neither Miami, nor LA had to play last night.

welcome to the nba. lol. lakers have a tuff game 2maro nite @ denver nuggets ('change of elevation' OMG!!!!!!) after 2nite's tuff game at home against phoenix suns

GoNY
11-12-2009, 10:21 PM
LBJ is more muscle than skill soo I agree

:facepalm:

Toenail Clipper
11-12-2009, 10:25 PM
They should just call Kobe "The Champ"

ChiSox219
11-12-2009, 10:34 PM
welcome to the nba. lol. lakers have a tuff game 2maro nite @ denver nuggets ('change of elevation' OMG!!!!!!) after 2nite's tuff game at home against phoenix suns

I don't care about that, there are plenty of games on tomorrow. You would think that on a Thursday night with only two games, both on national tv, you would want the most presentable product.

I understand the Cleveland thing because they are a lot better than the Heat so playing them on the road in a back to back should keep the game close, and it has.

The Lakers getting the Suns at home after Phoenix played last night is stupid, at least the Suns wrapped that game up early and no one played heavy minutes.

It's amazing how easy the Lakers start to the season is, they have maybe 4-5 tough games during 2009.

_KB24_
11-12-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't care about that, there are plenty of games on tomorrow. You would think that on a Thursday night with only two games, both on national tv, you would want the most presentable product.

I understand the Cleveland thing because they are a lot better than the Heat so playing them on the road in a back to back should keep the game close, and it has.

The Lakers getting the Suns at home after Phoenix played last night is stupid, at least the Suns wrapped that game up early and no one played heavy minutes.

It's amazing how easy the Lakers start to the season is, they have maybe 4-5 tough games during 2009.

So, there will be tougher stretches down the road where other teams may be enjoying the same luxury.

RaysFan
11-12-2009, 10:38 PM
If anything LeBron is the Boss. I couldn't care less about Cleveland, LA, etc but he has been the best player in the NBA over the last few years. What he is doing right now in this league is amazing.

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Lol at Wade's. I like it

ChiSox219
So, there will be tougher stretches down the road where other teams may be enjoying the same luxury.

Very true. The Lakers have the luxury now when they are banged up. Down the road they are more likely to be healthy and the competition banged up.

None of that really means much, just interesting

fishfan79
If anything LeBron is the Boss. I couldn't care less about Cleveland, LA, etc but he has been the best player in the NBA over the last few years. What he is doing right now in this league is amazing.

kobe and wade have been better and have rings to show for it

ChiSox219
11-12-2009, 10:40 PM
kobe and wade have been better and have rings to show for it

Lebron has been better, the Lakers and Heat have won rings.