PDA

View Full Version : Brook Lopez Next Big Thing?

jerseykidd88
11-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Brook Lopez is second in the centers in scoring and he is only 21. Yesterday he had 23 and 14 rebs and he has better stats than Dwight. I see him as the Nets TIM DUNCAN. yeah i said it. He has that kind of potential. Imagine him and Lebron side by side? :clap: With jayz sitting courtside sipping quarter waters

Gibby
11-12-2009, 07:00 PM
along with Devin Harris they are good duo. If they can sign Lebron this will be a great team.

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Brook Lopez is second in the centers in scoring and he is only 21. Yesterday he had 23 and 14 rebs and he has better stats than Dwight. I see him as the Nets TIM DUNCAN. yeah i said it. He has that kind of potential. Imagine him and Lebron side by side? :clap: With jayz sitting courtside sipping quarter waters

The Nets are 0-8

Utahjazzfan18
11-12-2009, 07:03 PM
He's good but not Tim Duncan good. Timmy's teams would never start off 0-8 regardless of the talent the nets have around him right now.

Raph12
11-12-2009, 07:05 PM

You gotta crawl before you can walk young grass hopper ;)

Give it time, in 3-5 years we'll have a better idea of which way his career is headed.

NiTEFuRY
11-12-2009, 07:06 PM
I liked this pick in the draft. Liked watching him @ Stanford, he sure looks like he is going to pan out... now his brother on the other hand, not such a great pick.

Gibby
11-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Nets were expected to be near the bottom in the east. also they are missing Devin Harris. The team around lopez isn't good thats why they are 0-8. he has the potential to be a top center in a couple of years.

SaimoNETS
11-12-2009, 07:14 PM
The Nets are 0-8

they're also missing 7 players, 4 of which are starters. lopez is basically carrying this team on his back, it just hasnt translated into wins.

Ragun
11-12-2009, 07:15 PM
bargs is #2 and no. brook doesnt have t.d. potential.

fairandbalanced
11-12-2009, 07:17 PM
TD will not lead a team to 0-8.

Draco
11-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Brook's stats aren't better than Howard's.

Joakim Noah's averaging 12 rebounds a game so far in the season.. so I predict he'll be the next Dennis Rodman. And after 8 games Brandon Jennings will be the next Isiah Thomas.

arkanian215
11-12-2009, 07:29 PM
nah he's ok. im glad he decided to stop palming the ball down on the block. that was the impressive thing he learned to do. he's more fundamentally sound now. doug is doing a good job with him. i still dont know why it took a whole year to learn not to palm the ball down there.

Boston-Born
11-12-2009, 07:33 PM
He's a much better center than Andrea Bargnani though, if that is who the discussion boils down to.

arkanian215
11-12-2009, 07:36 PM
I havent really seen bargs play. i think brook is a more prototypical center than bargs. brook is really extending his range. he's almost at the 3 arc on his shots now. i think he hits his outside shots at around .45%. really good for a center. ill have to look it up once nba.com comes out with their new hotspots charts.

arkanian215
11-12-2009, 07:37 PM
the sad thing is that we could easily be 3-5. we lost three really close games this year. we just dont have the closers we had last year. haha the nbadraft.net site has the mockdraft v1 out. guess who gets first pick?

arkanian215
11-12-2009, 07:40 PM
well TD had the admiral, manu, tp, at some time during his career. right now all brook has is umm rafer alston! skip to my lou!

Raph12
11-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Well he'll be playing against Dwight tomorrow night and without Devin Harris, the offensive responsibility will be all on Lopez with Howard guarding him... can anyone say blow out?

arkanian215
11-12-2009, 07:47 PM
8 guys against the magic... no harris, no cdr, no lee, no battie, no dooling.

i smell win #1. of course i needed to sniff something else first.

Bishnoff
11-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Good big men are hard to find, and BLO is pretty damn good already. He's probably the next big big man; I can't see any other young guys who are/will be better than him.

ManRam
11-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Being a good player on a bad team = stat inflation.

He's a great player...but let's ease off on the Howard and Duncan comparisons.

shep33
11-12-2009, 08:00 PM
He's really good, but that team is terrible. They literally "handed" a win away the other night, by inbounding the ball to the other team... Brook is solid though, that team needs some vets and some stability though. Gotta sign some guys too, i think they only played 7 guys the other night cause of injury.

smith&wesson
11-12-2009, 08:04 PM
He's good but not Tim Duncan good. Timmy's teams would never start off 0-8 regardless of the talent the nets have around him right now.

Agreed,

duncans been in the playoffs since he was drafted.

SpeeMN
11-12-2009, 08:07 PM
He's Solid. Unlike a lot of big men, he will be in the league for a long time

Raph12
11-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Agreed,

duncans been in the playoffs since he was drafted.

Exactly, Duncan turned a 23-win team into a 58-win team in one season... how many other guys can say that?

LanceUpperCut
11-12-2009, 08:32 PM
He's a much better center than Andrea Bargnani though, if that is who the discussion boils down to.

When was the last time you seen Bargs play. I'm not even saying hes better but it's ****ing close. Both have huge upside.

dtmagnet
11-12-2009, 08:43 PM
I hope Brook does well, my fantasy team is relying on him being beastly!

td0tsfinest
11-12-2009, 08:47 PM
i'm a big fan of his game. He's a really solid player.

With guys like Brook Lopez, Devin Harris and Terrence Williams, its going to be hard for LBJ to skip on the Nets.

arkanian215
11-12-2009, 08:56 PM
you mustve drafted him in the second round then. good luck. last time i checked yi was leading the nets in rebounding. that 14 reb performance shouldve helped you out.

arkanian215
11-12-2009, 08:57 PM
heh you couldve skipped twill in that sentence. his shot needs a ton of work. he does many things well though. if he's willing to play defense, he can be a trenton hassell, self made man kinda player.

theuuord
11-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Exactly, Duncan turned a 23-win team into a 58-win team in one season... how many other guys can say that?

Um, I think David Robinson probably had something to do with that too. It's far from that simple.

And yes, Brook is great. Yes, the Nets suck. No, the Nets don't suck as much as it seems. The Nets were bad already and are missing every starter except Brook, their sixth man, and two other big bench guys already.
They played seven players last night, not out of rotation, out of pure necessity.

To those of you who say he's not as good as Dwight Howard or Duncan, I can only say, "um, duh," but he's already an excellent center. I'm excited for his future. (he's also probably the most unintentionally funny dude in the league. He's so stupid off the court it's hilarious.)

theuuord
11-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Well he'll be playing against Dwight tomorrow night and without Devin Harris, the offensive responsibility will be all on Lopez with Howard guarding him... can anyone say blow out?

Wait, so you're also predicting one of the best teams in the NBA is going to beat a bottom-5 team before they were missing four starters?

Bold prediction.
What's next? You think the Lakers are making the playoffs or something?

dtmagnet
11-12-2009, 09:24 PM
(he's also probably the most unintentionally funny dude in the league. He's so stupid off the court it's hilarious.)

Elaborate? Stupid like he sounds like a dumbass when he talks?

theuuord
11-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Elaborate? Stupid like he sounds like a dumbass when he talks?

pretty much. his voice alone would be good enough (he sounds like a whining ogre or something), but he's also got a "colorful" personality. big into disney and comic books and stuff like that. he's a goofball.

Raph12
11-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Wait, so you're also predicting one of the best teams in the NBA is going to beat a bottom-5 team before they were missing four starters?

Bold prediction.
What's next? You think the Lakers are making the playoffs or something?

Orlando is not one of the best teams in the NBA atm, in fact they are one of the worst defensively and they are missing their best shooter Ryan Anderson and most consistent player Rashard Lewis.

Any team that will rely on their center's offensive game to win will lose to the Magic just because Dwight will be guarding that guy.

Btw sure I do think the Lakers will make the playoffs.

LakeShowRaider
11-12-2009, 09:40 PM
The Nets are 0-8

BUZZ KILLINGTON! lol

D-Leethal
11-12-2009, 11:21 PM
you really comparing Lopez to the best PF of all time??? Timmy put up those numbers on championship teams, Lopez is doing it becasue he has to, he has noone else ATM, and Im not saying LBJ is coming to NY, but he sure as hell is not going to play for wee-man aka Lawrence Frank

ChiSox219
11-12-2009, 11:41 PM

Maybe you should clarify that the year (96-97) before Duncan came in (97-98), David Robinson played 6 games, the Spurs fired their head coach, and the year before that they won 59 games (95-96) with a healthy Admiral. The next year was Popavich's first full season, David Robinson had a PER of over 27, and of course Duncan helped.

When was the last time you seen Bargs play. I'm not even saying hes better but it's ****ing close. Both have huge upside.

I saw him play yesterday and have been watching most of the Raptors games to debunk the Bosh is soft opinion. Bargnani isn't a center. He doesn't play in the low post, lets Bosh guard opposing centers, and is a poor rebounder especially for his height and position.

That said Bargnani is improving since the second half of last season and his outside game on offense is impresseive. But he's not on the same level as Brook Lopez.

Orlando is not one of the best teams in the NBA atm, in fact they are one of the worst defensively and they are missing their best shooter Ryan Anderson and most consistent player Rashard Lewis.

Any team that will rely on their center's offensive game to win will lose to the Magic just because Dwight will be guarding that guy.

Btw sure I do think the Lakers will make the playoffs.

I'm not sure why you don't think Orlando is one of the best teams because they are in the top 3. Even with their injuries and Rashard Lewis' suspension they have played well. Defensively they are ranked in the middle of the pack right now but it's early. They were the #1 defensive team last year and they got better on that end.

King P
11-13-2009, 12:02 AM
I've been saying this for the longest time. I'm glad people are starting to take notice of Lopez.

And quit it with the Nets being 0-8. Thats irrelevant, we are talking about the player not the team. And the Nets are 0-8, but they arent the worst team in the NBA. They have yet to be blown out yet, they should be 3-5 right now. Also, they are missing most of their players. So just imagine how they do when all of their players are back and 100% healthy.

spreadeagle
11-13-2009, 12:18 AM
I Think bargnani is better

yuns554
11-13-2009, 12:37 AM
I've been saying this for the longest time. I'm glad people are starting to take notice of Lopez.

And quit it with the Nets being 0-8. Thats irrelevant, we are talking about the player not the team. And the Nets are 0-8, but they arent the worst team in the NBA. They have yet to be blown out yet, they should be 3-5 right now. Also, they are missing most of their players. So just imagine how they do when all of their players are back and 100% healthy.

I really like Brook but since people on the team are injured his stats are inflated. His rebounding numbers aren't exactly spectacular either so. He's a good player but nothing like TD.

Mavrix
11-13-2009, 12:47 AM

No he doesn't.

Raph12
11-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Maybe you should clarify that the year (96-97) before Duncan came in (97-98), David Robinson played 6 games, the Spurs fired their head coach, and the year before that they won 59 games (95-96) with a healthy Admiral. The next year was Popavich's first full season, David Robinson had a PER of over 27, and of course Duncan helped.

Details... ;)

I'm not sure why you don't think Orlando is one of the best teams because they are in the top 3. Even with their injuries and Rashard Lewis' suspension they have played well. Defensively they are ranked in the middle of the pack right now but it's early. They were the #1 defensive team last year and they got better on that end.

They are not in the Top 3 nor are they ranked in the middle defensively... Orlando is ranked 22nd of 30 teams, that's the lower third. They were the number 1 defense last season, but have yet to mesh this season. ATM Orlando is not an elite team, if you said in a month or so, then yeah they will easily be a top 3 team.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Bynum's better

Lopez 18.6 points 8.5 rebounds
Bynum 21 points 11.3 rebounds

and bynum is a 2nd option behind kobe but lopez is 1st right now in Nets because harris is out

theuuord
11-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Bynum's better

Lopez 18.6 points 8.5 rebounds
Bynum 21 points 11.3 rebounds

and bynum is a 2nd option behind kobe but lopez is 1st right now in Nets because harris is out

Yup, Bynum is definitely a better center. You'll get no argument from me here. That being said, as both a basketball fan and a talent evaluator I'd like to see him do it for 82 games.

Raph12
11-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Yup, Bynum is definitely a better center. You'll get no argument from me here. That being said, as both a basketball fan and a talent evaluator I'd like to see him do it for 82 games.

He could if he would stay healthy long enough, he already missed one or two games this season.

Plus when Gasol comes back, Bynum's stats will suffer quite a bit.

Boston-Born
11-13-2009, 01:42 PM

I watch him play every night the Raps play, I live in Canada. Lopez I don't watch as much, but I have NBA TV and get all the games so I've seen quite a few Nets games.

Lopez is a far better center than Bargs will ever be. He rebounds, plays tough, blocks shots, and is an actual presence in the paint. Bargs trails off behind the play and hits lazy 3's, nothing wrong with it, just not a good center. Hes a decent small forward, but he matches up defensively with centers. The Raps are one of the better offensive teams, but they are close to the bottom of the league in team defense.

Theres a reason why Lopez is better, he's well rounded, not just an offensive spot shooter like Andrea.

King P
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
As of now, Bynum is better than Lopez. But that could change in time.

theuuord
11-13-2009, 01:46 PM
He could if he would stay healthy long enough, he already missed one or two games this season.

Plus when Gasol comes back, Bynum's stats will suffer quite a bit.

yeah that's the main knock on Bynum, that he just can't stay on the court long enough. Skillwise though he's extremely talented, and even if his numbers go down with Gasol around his efficiency will spike.

theuuord
11-13-2009, 01:46 PM
As of now, Bynum is better than Lopez. But that could change in time.

Bynum is only a little older than him, so I doubt it. The only thing holding Bynum back is being healthy for a full season.

YouMadSon?
11-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Good stats, bad team. That doesn't mean he's Zach Randolph, but he's got to win more games in order to be considered elite.

He should be an All-Star soon. He would be this year, but his team is doing horrible so I he won't get in.

King P
11-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Bynum is only a little older than him, so I doubt it. The only thing holding Bynum back is being healthy for a full season.
And that's the biggest thing. He has been injury prone, and hasnt proven he can play an effective full season.

Raph12
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
yeah that's the main knock on Bynum, that he just can't stay on the court long enough. Skillwise though he's extremely talented, and even if his numbers go down with Gasol around his efficiency will spike.

Agreed.

ChiSox219
11-13-2009, 01:54 PM
They are not in the Top 3 nor are they ranked in the middle defensively... Orlando is ranked 22nd of 30 teams, that's the lower third. They were the number 1 defense last season, but have yet to mesh this season. ATM Orlando is not an elite team, if you said in a month or so, then yeah they will easily be a top 3 team.

What metric are you using for team defense? EDIT: NVM figured it out

I don't see how they are not elite. They played without Rashard who's back in 1 game and Vince Carter is back as well. They still have a couple guys banged up but they are an elite team the rest of the way with the best big center and best bench in the league, two things that can be strongly correlated to winning.

Again, they finished number 1 in defense last year with Hedo Turkoglu who was a below average defender. They should finish near the top again.

Raph12
11-13-2009, 02:03 PM
What metric are you using for team defense?

I don't see how they are not elite. They played without Rashard who's back in 1 game and Vince Carter is back as well. They still have a couple guys banged up but they are an elite team the rest of the way with the best big center and best bench in the league, two things that can be strongly correlated to winning.

Again, they finished number 1 in defense last year with Hedo Turkoglu who was a below average defender. They should finish near the top again.

Defensive Rating - Points allowed per 100 possessions

They are not elite atm, they don't have Shard or Anderson, Carter is still healing from his injury, Howard has played like crap on both ends thus far and the team's defense has been about as efficient as a Formula One racecar's gas mileage.

I agree, they will finish around Top 5 again this season, but getting a bunch of new guys who don't know where they are supposed to be on defense is not something that just works overnight. It will take alot of time for them to connect on both ends, by the end of the season, they maybe the best team going into the playoffs; but as of now, they are no where near the top.

yankschamps09
11-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Dwight Is Way Better And They Are 0-8

ChiSox219
11-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Defensive Rating - Points allowed per 100 possessions

They are not elite atm, they don't have Shard or Anderson, Carter is still healing from his injury, Howard has played like crap on both ends thus far and the team's defense has been about as efficient as a Formula One racecar's gas mileage.

I agree, they will finish around Top 5 again this season, but getting a bunch of new guys who don't know where they are supposed to be on defense is not something that just works overnight. It will take alot of time for them to connect on both ends, by the end of the season, they maybe the best team going into the playoffs; but as of now, they are no where near the top.

BR.com has the Magic at #17 by defensive rating, are you sure you're not using opponent's Fg%?

At this very exact moment, fair enough. Within the week I believe they are elite.

Don't knock Formula 1, what's wrong with 4mpg? :cool:

Raph12
11-13-2009, 02:19 PM
BR.com has the Magic at #17 by defensive rating, are you sure you're not using opponent's Fg%?

At this very exact moment, fair enough. Within the week I believe they are elite.

Don't knock Formula 1, what's wrong with 4mpg? :cool:

No I just hadn't looked at BR for a few days, guess they've improved slightly... or some other teams got worse.

I don't think that bringing Lewis back fixes their defensive woes, it helps, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Nothing is wrong with the Magic's 4mpg Formula One racecar defense, it just doesn't amount to the 60+mpg Smart Fortwo defense we saw from them last season.

Jetsguy
11-13-2009, 02:21 PM
^^^ why is it that you post makes me dizzy

ChiSox219
11-13-2009, 02:55 PM
No I just hadn't looked at BR for a few days, guess they've improved slightly... or some other teams got worse.

I don't think that bringing Lewis back fixes their defensive woes, it helps, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Nothing is wrong with the Magic's 4mpg Formula One racecar defense, it just doesn't amount to the 60+mpg Smart Fortwo defense we saw from them last season.

Take a look at this:

This season's opponent shot selection vs the Magic:

Distance Attempts FG%
At Rim 25.1 58.8
< 10ft 7.8 44.3
10-15 ft 6.7 46.7
15-23 ft 21.7 40.5
3 Point 15.1 59.6 (efg%)

2008-09

Distance Attempts FG%
At Rim 23.6 56.5
< 10ft 7.9 40.6
10-15 ft 9.7 37.8
15-23 ft 25.2 40.3
3 Point 15.8 51.3 (efg%)

This is very raw data, it doesnt necesarily tell us how the Magic are getting beat, just where. For instance, the dramatic increase in 3pt eFG% could be because opposing teams have either been lucky or the Magic faced an early schedule heavy with 3pt shooting teams. OR the Magic perimeter defense has not defended the 3 ball.

But you'll notice the %'s are up across the board from 2009 which supports your claim, I just think once the Magic settle in with a full roster, you'll see more shots forced from the 10-23 foot range and a lower outside shooting percentage.

ManRam
11-13-2009, 09:34 PM
They are head-to-head tonight...and Howard is absolutely abusing Brook. The Magic are really struggling, except Howard.

Early in the third...

Howard: 9-12, 22 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks
Lopez: 0-6, 2 points, 4 rebounds, 1 block

madiaz3
11-13-2009, 09:40 PM
You realize your argument of "4 starters are out" helps just as much as it hurts.

Nets are 0-8: 4 starters are out.

If they actually are as important as you say, Brook's stats will go down considerably.

ManRam
11-13-2009, 09:43 PM
You realize your argument of "4 starters are out" helps just as much as it hurts.

Nets are 0-8: 4 starters are out.

If they actually are as important as you say, Brook's stats will go down considerably.

Of course you have to take it with a grain of salt. But still, they are going head to head...and Howard was carrying the load offensively, something he doesn't always do. I wasn't drawing any conclusions from this.

BaRRySandAmaN
11-13-2009, 09:43 PM
I think Brook Lopez is going to be one of the premier big men in the league for a long time. He has all the tools to be really special. He will only get better when the other guys on his team get healthy

madiaz3
11-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Of course you have to take it with a grain of salt. But still, they are going head to head...and Howard was carrying the load offensively, something he doesn't always do. I wasn't drawing any conclusions from this.

I was talking to Nets fans who tried to justify their record and tout Lopez' stats at the same time but I realize what you were saying too.

As for the Nets game...
Howard is embarassing Lopez right now...

Cubs Win
11-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Dwight Howard is taking a **** on Lopez tonight. Not that I don't like Lopez (he's on my fantasy team), but Dwight is a STUD.

Raph12
11-13-2009, 11:40 PM
In two games so far this season, these are the H2H stat lines for Howard and Lopez

Howard: 23ppg 18-25(72)FG% 17rpg 1apg 1spg 4.5bpg
Lopez: 7.5ppg 4-20(20)FG% 5rpg 0.5apg 0spg 2bpg

Now I know this is a small sample size, but it's not very close thus far, to say the least...

Cubs Win
11-14-2009, 12:02 AM
In two games so far this season, these are the H2H stat lines for Howard and Lopez

Howard: 23ppg 18-25(72)FG% 17rpg 1apg 1spg 4.5bpg
Lopez: 7.5ppg 4-20(20)FG% 5rpg 0.5apg 0spg 2bpg

Now I know this is a small sample size, but it's not very close thus far, to say the least...

Until Dwight Howard out scores Lopez by 45 in a game, I will not be impressed. :p

Raph12
11-14-2009, 12:07 AM
Until Dwight Howard out scores Lopez by 45 in a game, I will not be impressed. :p

Seeming as how Howard's career-high is 45, I wouldn't hold my breath, unless you think Howard will hold Lopez to 0pts while going for the best offensive night of his life lol.

theuuord
11-14-2009, 12:48 AM
maybe this is my obviousman gene talking, but, uh, except for that one dude who made that thread who said it, who wasn't even really saying it in the first place, no one thinks Brook Lopez is overall as good as Dwight Howard.

no one.

this is like saying "Derrick Rose played poorly when you compare him to Chris Paul." um, duh.

Raph12
11-14-2009, 12:58 AM
maybe this is my obviousman gene talking, but, uh, except for that one dude who made that thread who said it, who wasn't even really saying it in the first place, no one thinks Brook Lopez is overall as good as Dwight Howard.

no one.

this is like saying "Derrick Rose played poorly when you compare him to Chris Paul." um, duh.

We know dude and personally, I'm not trying to knock Lopez, he's a Top 10 center. Just fun to compare how an up-and-coming center, plays against the best center in the league.

He's been solid all year against other teams, but when you're guarded by the reigning DPOY and a physical beast on offense, obviously you won't fare too well.

theuuord
11-14-2009, 12:08 PM
We know dude and personally, I'm not trying to knock Lopez, he's a Top 10 center. Just fun to compare how an up-and-coming center, plays against the best center in the league.

He's been solid all year against other teams, but when you're guarded by the reigning DPOY and a physical beast on offense, obviously you won't fare too well.

Well it's also kind of easy for the reigning DPOY to focus on your only offensive option when the other four starters, your first guy off the bench, and two role players are unable to play.

Young and Stupid
11-14-2009, 12:27 PM
well it's also kind of easy for the reigning dpoy to focus on your only offensive option when the other four starters, your first guy off the bench, and two role players are unable to play.

+1

mdlr52192
11-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Although Superman just shitted on Brook Lopez, as someone said before he definitely has the tools and the skill set to be a premier player in the league, just give him time he's really young.

B.JenningsMVP
11-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Needs to get stronger.. But yes he has a very bright future..

Huey
11-14-2009, 09:41 PM
The boy will be a beast..jus give him time.

Raph12
11-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Well it's also kind of easy for the reigning DPOY to focus on your only offensive option when the other four starters, your first guy off the bench, and two role players are unable to play.

:bla: Dude you sound like a broken record, we got it guys on the Nets were injured (even though Lewis, Anderson and Bass didn't play and no Magic fan bothered mentioning that)... how would you explain what happened in their 1st encounter?

theuuord
11-14-2009, 10:52 PM
:bla: Dude you sound like a broken record, we got it guys on the Nets were injured (even though Lewis, Anderson and Bass didn't play and no Magic fan bothered mentioning that)... how would you explain what happened in their 1st encounter?

uh, I don't know, how about Howard is the best defensive (and overall) center in the league?
I don't even need to bring up that the Magic are way better than the Nets even with those players out.

the reason I sound like a broken record is because I'm responding to these broken record posts that say the same crap over and over again.

Raph12
11-14-2009, 10:59 PM
uh, I don't know, how about Howard is the best defensive (and overall) center in the league?
I don't even need to bring up that the Magic are way better than the Nets even with those players out.

the reason I sound like a broken record is because I'm responding to these broken record posts that say the same crap over and over again.

The guy who started the thread pointed out that Lopez's numbers were better than Howard's and what you wrote above in bold is all that needs to be said.

I agreed with everything you wrote in previous posts, but you don't need to point out that there were injured players on the Nets over and over again, it sounds like you're just making excuses.

theuuord
11-14-2009, 11:04 PM
The guy who started the thread pointed out that Lopez's numbers were better than Howard's and what you wrote above in bold is all that needs to be said.

I agreed with everything you wrote in previous posts, but you don't need to point out that there were injured players on the Nets over and over again, it sounds like you're just making excuses.

excuses for what exactly?

Trust me, I wish I could talk about something more than injuries. I really do. You think I enjoy that over half of the team I root for can't play? That we've (now) lost two games on buzzer-beaters? That we have absolutely no depth and have suited the minimum eight players for four straight games?
The problem is that the story of the Nets right now is injuries. Asking Nets fans to not talk about injuries is like asking people not to look at a car wreck. It's impossible.

I think it's pretty clear to anyone with half a brain that the Nets have been decimated by injuries and would have at least two or three victories without them. Unfortunately a lot of people here are in the 1/3-brain category. (Not you.)

vash9
11-14-2009, 11:08 PM
it's expected this year. very few wins, many losses, lots of development, Top 5 draft pick, Lebron.

i don't feel as bad.

we just lost to Heats by Wade's buzzer beating 3pt. I'll admit, that got me pretty riled up..Trenton didn't put his hand up..

Raph12
11-15-2009, 02:11 AM
excuses for what exactly?

Trust me, I wish I could talk about something more than injuries. I really do. You think I enjoy that over half of the team I root for can't play? That we've (now) lost two games on buzzer-beaters? That we have absolutely no depth and have suited the minimum eight players for four straight games?
The problem is that the story of the Nets right now is injuries. Asking Nets fans to not talk about injuries is like asking people not to look at a car wreck. It's impossible.

I think it's pretty clear to anyone with half a brain that the Nets have been decimated by injuries and would have at least two or three victories without them. Unfortunately a lot of people here are in the 1/3-brain category. (Not you.)

That's not my point, my point was that Howard dominated Lopez because he is that much better, by you saying Howard has it easy because of all the injured Nets' players makes it sound like your making excuses.

I agree with what you said though, I had this team labelled worse in the league, but this was a huge surprise even to me... I mean 4 of 5 starters and two role players out, isn't that some sort of record or something?

I feel for you man, I really do... you know what they say, "when life gives you lemons, just say '**** the lemons' and bail" lol.

Tblaze
11-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Meh another Brook Lopez thread. I'll say what I said before.

Even though he's great, his stats are inflated. He plays on the worst team in the league, so first he needs to put up great stats on a winning team, then we'll talk.

fishfan79
11-15-2009, 01:00 PM
he looked good and all last night, helps that he is their only option but for being that young he looks good. He is the one reason they are better then the knicks whom are the worst team in the league and for the next decade

JerseysFinest
11-15-2009, 06:13 PM
keep in mind he's only 21 years old...

King P
11-16-2009, 12:00 AM

Even though he's great, his stats are inflated. He plays on the worst team in the league, so first he needs to put up great stats on a winning team, then we'll talk.

What about CP3? or Brandon Jennings? or Kevin Durant? same can be said for those guys.

Look just because he plays for a bad team, doesnt mean it doesnt count. It's actually even more impressive. He is playing on a team where there are not many other options as people would say. He is also playing against much better teams and defenses. If you play on a good team, at you will have somebody to fall back on if you have a bad game. Right now, Lopez doesnt. That means there is more room for failure. But yet he still puts up good numbers, despite the fact that he is playing for a bad team with not many other options.

Hustla23
11-16-2009, 12:25 AM

lol No.

Just because Greg Oden is still an injured wreck doesn't change how good Brook is.

D Roses Bulls
11-16-2009, 12:30 AM
The Nets are 0-8

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

thank you, exactly. if he was so good they wouldnt be 0-8 with devin harris and C Lee but they are.

Illuminati999
11-16-2009, 01:39 AM

Brook Lopez is damned if he's on a good team or damned if he's on a bad team. If he's on a bad team (his current situation) then "his stats are inflated" because his team sucks. If he's on a good team, then "[plug in superstar/solid PG here] makes Lopez look good by passing it to him when they get double teamed" or "his pg is an amazing passer, anyone could do that."

Brook Lopez is the real deal. He was a steal in the draft. Number 1 material.

Illuminati999
11-16-2009, 01:40 AM
lol No.

Just because Greg Oden is still an injured wreck doesn't change how good Brook is.

I think they are more upset that they chose Oden instead of Durant. lol :facepalm:

Illuminati999
11-16-2009, 01:43 AM
That's not my point, my point was that Howard dominated Lopez because he is that much better, by you saying Howard has it easy because of all the injured Nets' players makes it sound like your making excuses.

I agree with what you said though, I had this team labelled worse in the league, but this was a huge surprise even to me... I mean 4 of 5 starters and two role players out, isn't that some sort of record or something?

I feel for you man, I really do... you know what they say, "when life gives you lemons, just say '**** the lemons' and bail" lol.

No, making excuses would be what Howard was doing when he was crying on his blog about how the big bad refs don't call fouls on guys covering him. :superman:

Tblaze
11-16-2009, 08:31 AM
What about CP3? or Brandon Jennings? or Kevin Durant? same can be said for those guys.

Look just because he plays for a bad team, doesnt mean it doesnt count. It's actually even more impressive. He is playing on a team where there are not many other options as people would say. He is also playing against much better teams and defenses. If you play on a good team, at you will have somebody to fall back on if you have a bad game. Right now, Lopez doesnt. That means there is more room for failure. But yet he still puts up good numbers, despite the fact that he is playing for a bad team with not many other options.

Paul carried the hornets to the playoffs twice already, and I would be getting pretty pissed too if my team was getting worse instead of better..

Durant, this one is a more fair comparison. He's a GREAT scorer, but I have my doubts if he makes his team that much better... overrated IMO. However, right now they're still .500

Jennings, is probably the worst comparison you could make right now, he single handly is leading a horrible bucks team to 5-2 right now.

so no, the same can't be said for those guys.

And this topic is about Lopez not Oden. Just because I'm a blazerfan and have an opinion on a topic in the general forum doesn't look like a reason to me to start bashing oden?

King P
11-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Jennings, is probably the worst comparison you could make right now, he single handly is leading a horrible bucks team to 5-2 right now.

But wouldnt that mean his stats are inflated because he's playing for such a horrible team?

Tblaze
11-16-2009, 12:56 PM
But wouldnt that mean his stats are inflated because he's playing for such a horrible team?

:facepalm:

The point I'm trying to make is, THEY'RE WINNING.

Putting up stats is one thing, but putting up stats while winning is the real deal. Look at Zach Randolph.. 20/10 all his career and you wouldn't call him a star would you? I'm not saying that Lopez is like Randolph cause I do think Lopez has alot more potential, but until the Nets start winning under his lead I'd say his stats don't tell the whole story.

theuuord
11-16-2009, 01:47 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

thank you, exactly. if he was so good they wouldnt be 0-8 with devin harris and C Lee but they are.

both of those guys are injured.

(lmao raph, you see why it keeps coming up?)

albertc86
11-16-2009, 02:16 PM
I know your post is short but I stopped reading when you compared him to Duncan.

Hellcrooner
11-16-2009, 02:23 PM
people should be watching marc gasols numbers.

he is doing 14 ppg almost 12 rpg and that being just the fourth scoring option on his team and has taken almost half the amount of shots bynum or lopez have