PDA

View Full Version : Mlb team surprises in 2010!

JOSKOMANG4
11-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Which team do you believe will be the surprise team of 2010? Also Included new acquisitions as well!!

American League: Texas Rangers

- Sign Jon Lackey 5yr 70mill
- Sign Vlad Guerrero 2yr 22mill
- Trade Max Ramirez to the Reds for CF Willy Taveras

Lineup:

1. Taveras-CF
2. Kinsler- 2b
3. Hamilton- RF
4. Vlad- DH
5. Nelson Cruz- LF
6. Michael Young- 3b
7. Chris Davis- 1b
8. Salty- C
9. Andrus -SS

Rotation:

- Millwood
- Lackey
-Feldman
-Hunter
-Holland

Bullpen
F. Francisco (CL)
C. Wilson
W. Madrigal
D. Nippert
W. Eyre
D. O'Day
N. Feliz
D. Mathis
P. Strop
G. Moscoso

Prediction: With two potential big F/A signees, I see the Rangers winning the AL West and going as much as playing the Yankees in the ALCS!!

NL: NY Mets

- Trade For Padres 1b) A. Gonzalez

offer up F-Mart, R.Tejada, Niese, and Parnell

- 3 way trade

Mets- Acquire Pat Burrell
Rays- Acquire Milton Bradley
Cubs- Acquire Luis Castillo

- Sign Orlando Hudson to play 2b

- Sign Jason Marquis for 3-4 hole in rotation
- Surprise SIGNEE! Sign Chen Ming Wang for 2-3 spot in rotation!

- Sign Rafael Soriano to replace JJ Putz as set-up man.

-Sign Veteran Catcher to help guide Thole/Santos; preferably Pudge.

Lineup:

1. Reyes-SS
2. Hudson-2b
3. A. Gonzalez- 1b
4. D. Wright- 3b
5. Beltran- CF
6. Burrell- LF
7. Franceour-RF
8. Santos/THole -C

Rotation:

-Santana
- Wang
- Marquis
-Perez
-Pelfrey

Bullpen
F. Rodriguez (CL)
R. Soriano(SU)
P. Feliciano
S. Green
B. Stokes
N. Figueroa
E. Dessens
P. Misch
L. Broadway

With new aquisitions.. I see the Mets at least winning the wild card.. 90-92 win team.

Mets will play Phillies in NLCS 2010.

VenezuelanMet
11-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Why would the Rangers trade a good hitting prospect for one of the worst players in the majors?

CityofTreez
11-12-2009, 05:23 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Pinstripe pride
surprise team...... washington nationals

Havoc Wreaker
Yay more useless thread from Joskomang

AWC713
11-12-2009, 05:25 PM
how would the rangers be a surprise team? they did very well last year.

and the mets wont surprise anyone. they just got the injury bug last year.

surprise teams would be the likes of the reds or astros.

Havoc Wreaker
11-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Joskomang shouldn't be allowed to make threads, his threads are failure after failure.

johnnylee722
11-12-2009, 05:45 PM
If Burrell is starting in LF and Wang is our #2 starter I'm going to chop me balls off.

StevenStrasburg
11-12-2009, 05:48 PM

Amen! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Zmaster52
11-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Mets suck, the need a bunch of piece
Phillies are better

.....that's coming from a met fan

Gym Class Hero
11-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Lackey is asking for 6 years 120 million he wont get it but theres no way he signs for 5 at 70 mil. especially with the rangers. Its where pitchers go to die. Its a hitters ball park, no elite pitchers choose to play in Texas and Vlad is resigning with the angels their owner is in love with the guy even though he swings at every single pitch and he is an old man.

Jimmy Shine
11-12-2009, 06:39 PM
The Buccos will stun the baseball world by finishing at .500 for the first time since 92.

brewersfan729
11-12-2009, 06:40 PM

LOL.

Here's where I stopped reading.

gfixer33
11-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Atlanta has better chance then mets. A surprise team could be mariners i hear they money to spend.in 2 years i say surprise team will be the o's.lot of young talent growing together just need some key veteran acqusitions

MDfootball36
11-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Pirates NL Champs

Jimmy Shine
11-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Pirates NL Champs

Theyre gonna be better (cant really get worse) but lets not get carried away.

knightsace31
11-12-2009, 06:58 PM
The Braves. They just need a RH power bat, and that's it.
GO GATORS!!!

AirJordanXVIII
11-12-2009, 07:09 PM
If Burrell is starting in LF and Wang is our #2 starter I'm going to chop me balls off.

:laugh2:

11-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Why would he Rangers be a surprise? They had a good season and were in the wild card hunt for awhile. I don't think an 87 win team making it to the post season the following year is going to shock the baseball world. The Mets are going to be the obvious choice for rebound team in the NL next year so if they do make the post season it won't be a surprise. If the Mets spend this off season or pull off a big trade they will actually have expectations on them to make the post season.

prodigy
11-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Which team do you believe will be the surprise team of 2010? Also Included new acquisitions as well!!

Lineup:

1. Taveras-CF
2. Kinsler- 2b
3. Hamilton- RF
4. Vlad- DH
5. Nelson Cruz- LF
6. Michael Young- 3b
7. Chris Davis- 1b
8. Salty- C
9. Andrus -SS

Rotation:

- Millwood
- Lackey
-Feldman
-Hunter
-Holland

Bullpen
F. Francisco (CL)
C. Wilson
W. Madrigal
D. Nippert
W. Eyre
D. O'Day
N. Feliz
D. Mathis
P. Strop
G. Moscoso

Prediction: With two potential big F/A signees, I see the Rangers winning the AL West and going as much as playing the Yankees in the ALCS!!

- 3 way trade

Lineup:

1. Reyes-SS
2. Hudson-2b
3. A. Gonzalez- 1b
4. D. Wright- 3b
5. Beltran- CF
6. Burrell- LF
7. Franceour-RF
8. Santos/THole -C

Rotation:

-Santana
- Wang
- Marquis
-Perez
-Pelfrey

Bullpen
F. Rodriguez (CL)
R. Soriano(SU)
P. Feliciano
S. Green
B. Stokes
N. Figueroa
E. Dessens
P. Misch
L. Broadway

With new aquisitions.. I see the Mets at least winning the wild card.. 90-92 win team.

ummmmm, neither of those are surprise teams. sorry.

StevenStrasburg
11-12-2009, 08:39 PM
I’d like to point out the Nationals as a possible breakout team (Disclaimer: I DO NOT THINK THEY WILL CONTEND, OR EVEN COME CLOSE, RATHER I A POINTING THEM OUT AS A TEAM THAT COULD IMPROVE TO mid-70 wins). People may look at the Washington Nationals 103 loss season and laugh. But there is reason to be optimistic.
The first reason is the obvious, Stephen Strasburg. Heralded as the next great star in Major League Baseball, the Nationals signed him this year for $15 million despite rumors that the flame-thrower would demand upwards of $50 million. This was one of the few victories for the Nationals in 2009, but it was a large one indeed. And while it is tough to accurately project just how good a pitcher is going to be, I think the success of young pitchers such as Felix Hernandez, Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain, and even Clayton Kershaw should serve as good support for Strasburg. With the exception of Kershaw, those guys were all ranked as Top 15 prospects by Baseball America (I'm not positive on Kershaw, I think he was however--can a dodgers fan verify?) and all of them have have lived up to the hype and buzz thus far in their young careers. I don't think Strasburg will be an exception to this. I certainly think that he will be a member of this elite group of young pitchers soon enough. In addition, besides Strasburg possibly being the team's ace pitcher in 2010, the Nats also have other solid, young arms in their pitching staff. While it is a pitching staff that was often the butt of ridicule, it was young, and talented. John Lannan finished the season with a 3.88 ERA and a 9-12 record with no run support. Ross Detwiler, Craig Stammen, and Garret Mock all showed strong potential in rookie seasons where they were asked to perform like a number two starter, instead of the AAA starter they should have been. And Jordan Zimmermann, despite his injury, still led the team in strikeouts in 2009.

On top of their rotation, the Nats also have a bullpen that's got the potential to be somewhat capable enough of getting the job done. Their 'pen is anchored by Mike McDougal, the team's closer. While McDougal is probably not considered a premier closer in the game by any means, I would still feel comfortable having him on the mound in the bottom of the 9th to close out games. In his 33 apperances and 31.2 innings pitched with the Nats, McDougal has posted some satisfactory numbers with the Nats:

Saves: 13
ERA: 2.27
WHIP: 1.36
BAA: .218

The Nats also have some decent middle relievers in their bullpen in Sean Burnett, Tyler Clippard, Jason Bergman (although I expect him to be non tendered), and the veteran Ron Villone, who can still pitch pretty effectively for his age.
Of course there’s Drew Storen the 10th overall pick in the 2009 MLB Draft. Storen is 1-0, 8.2 IP, 2 SV, 9 K in the AFL. He was even better in the National's minors this season: 11 SV, 37 IP, 49 K, 8 BB

The Nats have a strong and effective lineup. Their lineup is anchored by their right-half of their infield: SS Christian Guzman and 3B Ryan Zimmerman. Both of these guys are very solid and effective hitters that can get on base and are the heart and soul of the Nats' lineup. The most important thing is that the man long heralded as the clubs franchise player finally took the step into stardom this year, as Ryan Zimmerman was arguably the best third-basemen in the National League. Given the plate protection of Adam Dunn and Josh Willingham, Zimmerman finished 2009 batting .292, 33 homers, 106 RBI and 37 doubles. In addition he just got his first Gold Glove. Additionally, the Nats also have power in left-fielder Josh Willingham and first baseman/outfielder Adam Dunn. Plus, the Nats also have quite possibly the best defensive outfielder in CF Nyjer Morgan (scratch that—THE BEST defensive center fielder, had a 35.8 UZR/150 in comparison to GGs Kemp’s 2.7, Bourn’s 8.5, and Victorino’s 6.8--yes, he was robbed of the Gold Glove), who is an astounding hitter and is a threat on the base paths. Plus, when healthy, their catcher Jesus Flores is another stellar young hitter (.304) who is also pretty strong defensively when behind the plate. Let’s throw out some more pieces. Adam Dunn had his highest batting average of his career. Nyjer Morgan lead the National League in steals. Ian Desmond appears to finally be Major League ready. Et. Cetera.

Getting back to the Nats' pitching staff, on top of good rotation that's anchored by a star ace, you need to have run support, and the Nats have a good amount of that. Any successful lineup needs to have a good and speedy lead-off hitter that can get on base, give opposing teams problems when threatening to cause damage on the base paths, and most importantly, put themselves in a comfortable position where they can score runs. Nyjer Morgan performs this role better than most (remember that he did suffer a broken hand near the end of the season, so these stats are likely to fluctuate):

Morgans' season stats with the Nats:
BA - .368
OBP - .411
OPS - .861
OPS+ - 126
Stolen Bases – 40
In addition, the Nats also have a solid 2-5 order of Guzman, Zimmerman, Dunn, and Willingham that rivals those of many other clubs. A successful lineup obviously needs to have more than just a good and quick lead-off hitter, they need a patient number two hitter, and Christian Guzman is just that.
Christian Guzman:
O-Swing% - 30.2
Z-Swing% - 66.1
Swing% - 48.3
O-Contact% - 65.7
Z-Contact% - 92.8
Contact% - 74.4
K% - 14.3
Strikeouts: 60
BA: .307

For those of you who are unfamiliar with these stats, here are the definitions for some of them courtesy of fangraphs.com:
O-Swing% - Percentage of pitches a batter swings at outside the strike zone
Z-Swing% - Percentage of pitches a batter swings at inside the strike zone
Swing% - Total percentage of pitches a batter swings at
O-Contact% - Percentage of times a batter makes contact with the ball when swinging at pitches thrown outside the strike zone
Z-Contact% - Percentage of times a batter makes contact with the ball when swinging at pitches thrown inside the strike zone
Contact% - Total percentage of contact made when swinging at all pitches

And then there is the 3-4-5 of Ryan Zimmerman, Adam Dunn, and Josh Willingham. All three of whom are very capable of driving in runs just as effectively as those of other clubs.
Here are the COMBINED average stats of Zimmerman, Dunn, and Willingham as 8/20/09.

Zimmerman-Dunn-Willingham
BA - .297
HRs - 74
RBIs - 216
OBP - .399
OPS+ - 149

COMBINED as of the end of the season (Josh Willingham had a fall off at the end of the year due to possible injury problems, players experienced reductions in playing time for youngsters/rest)
BA- .273
HRs- 95
RBIs- 272
OBP- .376
OPS+- 139

On top of that, the Nats also have some solid hitters in the bottom portion of their lineup. The Nationals currently have no second baseman, however, Christian Guzman has been asked to move there and if he doesn’t the nationals have been designated as top suitors for Orlando Hudson/Placido Polanco and have expressed interest in Dan Uggla. As stated previosuly, the Nats also have Jesus Flores as their backstop and, when healthy, this guy is a stellar player and is a great asset to have in any lineup. Then there is right-fielder Elijah Dukes. While he had a down season last season as opposed his ‘semi-breakout’ 2008 season, he is doing a better job of staying healthy and out of trouble. At 25 years of age, there is still time for him to live up to his potential.

Now one last thing on Strasburg.

While I agree that it is not ABSOLUTELY necessary for a team to have a top-level ace anchoring their rotation in order to be successful, I would say that having a "top of the line" ace such as Halladay or Lincecum, or someone who has the potential of emerging as a quality ace, is certainly much more advantageous to any team's pitching staff and puts that team's pitching staff above any other team's pitching staff. With the Nationals, I certainly see Strasburg potentially developing in to a top-caliber ace in the majors. He is too good to stick around in the minors and, from what I read in a recent team report on Yahoo Sports, the Nats seem intent on calling up Strasburg sometime early in the 2010 season. The only potential downsides for Strasburg are his mechanics and delivery which, are somewhat similar to that of Mark Prior. But if the Nats look forward to seeing him in uniform in 2010, then it is certainly in their best interest to have their pitching coaches to help Strasburg during the off-season in correcting and refining his mechanics and delivery as well as having him pitch in some winter league games before he makes his likely MLB debut in 2010. Doing this will help minimize any long-term damage to Strasburg's pitching arm.

As for the rest of the Nats' pitching staff, I may unfortunately have to say that…..well, there really isn't much to be said. The loss of Jordan Zimmerman really hurts us and it is likely that he may be out for all of the 2010 season rehabbing from Tommy John surgery. The Nats can only hope, for our sake, that he makes an early recovery and re-joins the team in 2010. John Lanan is the only other bright spot on the Nats' rotation outside of Strasburg (that non-DC fans have heard of). He has had another good 2009 season to follow up an impressive 2008 season and looks to become the team's #2 pitcher going in to his 4th year in the majors in 2010.

Pitching-wise, the only thing the Nats can do is acquire one or two good and capable veteran pitchers in the off-season that will help guide a bright and promising young Nats' rotation. But, if anything else, I believe the addition of Strasburg certainly gives the Nationals' pitching staff an edge over other ‘breakout teams’.

Just my thoughts....rip away

EDIT: I know some of you will bring up Strasburg in the AFL, so here are some stats: He's 3-1 with a 5+ERA. HOWEVER. Take out his one bad start (2 IP, 7 ER)--second of the season, he's got a 1.35 ERA. 19Ks in 17 innings. His past two starts have been UNREAL. “Stephen Strasburg carried a no-hitter into the fifth inning and struck out five Tuesday in his third Arizona Fall League start. Strasburg allowed just four hits and fanned six against the Surprise Rattlers. He hit 100 mph on four of his first six pitches and even touched 101 mph once or twice.” (Remember, he’s in an insane hitters league)

infernoscurse
11-12-2009, 08:42 PM
woah im not reading all that

CQSox305
11-12-2009, 08:47 PM
It will be interesting to see what Kenny Williams has up his sleeve, hopefully he surprises us all once again.

StevenStrasburg
11-12-2009, 08:53 PM
woah im not reading all that

That's the point ;) now I can assume that I win and I am right and all of you are wrong. :D lol

It took me forever to get all that info, etc, lol, but I do the research anyways for blogs and ****.

johnnydollaz89
11-12-2009, 08:56 PM
i wouldnt mind if the mets made all those moves

EaglesJackson10
11-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Pat Burrell will never be a met there is no chance on earth.

dawgin
11-12-2009, 09:11 PM
umm you do know that the rangers are in serious money issues i dont think they are going to be signing anybody of significance this offseason

StevenStrasburg
11-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh and just as an addition to my novel up there:

Once Adam Dunn was moved to first base the defense saw significant improvement (a major league worst 143 errors committed last year--which will improve significantly). Ryan Zimmerman and Adam Dunn each drove in 100 runs. And for the record.....only seven other teams can say they had two players on their roster the whole year who drove in 100 runs.

donnie23
11-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Amen! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

You heard it here first, the washington nationals will win a world series before the skins win a superbowl.

StevenStrasburg
11-12-2009, 09:29 PM
You heard it here first, the washington nationals will win a world series before the skins win a superbowl.

Well, y'know, if there was a salary cap in baseball like there was in football....
:hide:

donnie23
11-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Well, y'know, if there was a salary cap in baseball like there was in football....

There's no salary cap in DannyWorld! I'm allowed to make fun, I've been a skins fan since I was a wee lad!

nickster16301
11-12-2009, 09:45 PM
There's no salary cap in DannyWorld! I'm allowed to make fun, I've been a skins fan since I was a wee lad!

what a surprise a yankee fan being a fan of the redskins...in nfl you cant just sign a bunch a free agents and win the superbowl you actually have to draft well which makes it a parity league

jim51990
11-12-2009, 09:51 PM
san fran

jd25213
11-12-2009, 09:58 PM
the Royals :laugh2::laugh::laugh2:

CHI CITY FAN 93
11-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Surprise Team - White Sox
Upset Team - St. Louis

MetsNats1969
11-12-2009, 10:14 PM

I agree....but only in that they will be more competitive generally, and maybe even challenge for fourth or third place.

They can't have another season like the last two.

MetsNats1969
11-12-2009, 10:15 PM

Salary cap or not...as long as Snyder owns the Skins, I think there's a good shot at this coming true.

Which is REALLY very sad for the DC area.

StevenStrasburg
11-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Nobody's read my post. Sigh. Well, you know, if I was a Dodgers fan, I could go and complain to the union and demand to be treated fairly. lol

The_Mac22
11-12-2009, 10:32 PM
lol

LouHoltzaRetard
11-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Surpise team:

Pittsburgh Pirates. I dont think they will compete, but I think they will be around .500 which would be a huge improvement. They are fortunate to play in the worst division, but they really struggle inside the division for some reason. I think the Cards are the only descent team in that division, so if they have a so so year the Pirates would have a TINY shot...

StevenStrasburg
11-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Surpise team:

Pittsburgh Pirates. I dont think they will compete, but I think they will be around .500 which would be a huge improvement. They are fortunate to play in the worst division, but they really struggle inside the division for some reason. I think the Cards are the only descent team in that division, so if they have a so so year the Pirates would have a TINY shot...

Lou. I bet you the Nationals will have a better Pythagorean record, and a better regular record than the Pirates in 2010.

Bronxbombers182
11-12-2009, 11:51 PM
That's the point ;) now I can assume that I win and I am right and all of you are wrong. :D lol

It took me forever to get all that info, etc, lol, but I do the research anyways for blogs and ****. Dude! That was impressive. I do think the Nats will be way better next year.

GeronimoSon
11-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Let's see.. we'll start with a simple definition (taken from my 1958 two volume Funk & Wagnalls "New Practical Standard Dictionary")

Surprise = an unexpected event

Washington Nationals: How would the Nationals getting to the 70 win level and not compete in the NL East be unexpected?. It's a foregone conclusion they will be better.. From 59 wins to 70 wins, shouldn't be all that unexpected, imho..

The Chicago White Sox: Added a staff ace & were competitive in their division throughout the 2009 season.. nothing uneventful here..

The New York Mets: had a series of injuries that rendered the team non-comptetitive. The Mets are healthy now.. a healthy Mets team, with a bona fide staff ace..should compete.. nothing uneventful here..

yadda

yadda

yadda

When reading the Thread Title, the idea behind the question was to define which team would have an unexpected event or result..

-The New York Yankees.. falling from a MLB high of 103 wins and a WS championship, would be an "unexpected" event..

-The Baltimore Orioles competing for the AL East Title.. would be an unexpected event

-The Kansas City Royals/Cleveland Indians winning or competing in the AL Central would be an unexpected result..

This thread didn't ask for you to publicly avow your homerism.. It asked a rather simple question, what would be a surprise? The three items listed above would be surprising as they are all highly unlikely to happen...

What say you?

todu82
11-13-2009, 09:47 AM
I think the Royals may surrpise next season. A lot of young talent, it has to all come together at some time.

prodigy
11-13-2009, 10:17 AM
lol, nobody understands what surprise teams mean. Royals, Indians, nationals, Astros etc... Those are surprise teams. Not the mets, st. Louis, Texas.

Does anyone think the yankees will be a surpirse team? lol.

koldjerky
11-13-2009, 11:42 AM
I think the Royals may surrpise next season. A lot of young talent, it has to all come together at some time.

I said that going in to this season and I actually may do that again. I like the infield they have and I like the bull pen as well. This is all based off potential, which is a fun word on PSD, so I'm not getting my hopes too high on them.

They had players that had really bad years (Aviles, Meche, Cruz) and then they had really good years (Greinke, Callaspo, Dejesus) so I'm looking for a more balanced year from all of them.

With Detroit faltering and Chicago unsure of what they're even doing I could see KC at least trying to do something.

I do think they should make a move though. Hell try to grab Guerrero to DH/spot start and get rid of Javobs

EDIT: They won't win a game because Yunesky is on the team. my bad

Jetsguy
11-13-2009, 12:01 PM

surprise that they can lose more than they did this year:p

Bronxbombers182
11-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Lou. I bet you the Nationals will have a better Pythagorean record, and a better regular record than the Pirates in 2010.
Although I think the Nats will be better next year, I think the Pirates will as well. The Pirates were better this year, and I do believe they will be the surprise next year. The Nats already should have been better with some of the bats they have.

donnie23
11-13-2009, 12:42 PM
what a surprise a yankee fan being a fan of the redskins...in nfl you cant just sign a bunch a free agents and win the superbowl you actually have to draft well which makes it a parity league

But that has more to do with the differences between the game and the structure of the league then the salary cap. The redskins are still able to sign whomever they want, because the system is easily manipulated.

donnie23
11-13-2009, 12:44 PM
I think the Rangers win over 90 games and the AL West.

FriarFanatic
11-13-2009, 03:21 PM
The rangers would not be a surprise to anyone. they had a very good record last year and have a lot of young promising players led by Ian Kinsler. I think a surprise team in the AL could be Baltimore if all of their young pitchers can put it together next season. I'm not saying they will make the playoffs at all in that division but i think they can have a good season.

RamsfanNY
11-15-2009, 02:05 AM
That is just crazy, lmao

Zmaster52
11-15-2009, 02:18 PM
surprise team: the expos

McJoe
11-15-2009, 02:31 PM
If the Rangers add a top pitcher or Feliz and Holland break out they could be scary with that offence. They are set up nicely to be a contender soon.

There could be a surprise team in the NL Central as well. I'm not gonna pick one I'm just gonna say that someone in that division will be a surprise team lol.

gfixer33
11-15-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm excited to see what the o's do. They now have a opening day salary of 30 million.they will be active in free agency. Angelos will spend money but has been burnt by albert belle and jay gibbons in past.they have alot of good young arms and a real good outfield with jones,markakis,reimhold.i would love to see them go after a gonz.i think their probabaly two years away from winning though.

yankkiller
11-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Why would the Rangers trade a good hitting prospect for one of the worst players in the majors?

cuzz they have 3 Cathers

yankkiller
11-15-2009, 07:11 PM

Lineup:

1. Taveras-CF
2. Kinsler- 2b
3. Hamilton- RF
4. Vlad- DH
5. Nelson Cruz- LF
6. Michael Young- 3b
7. Chris Davis- 1b
8. Salty- C
9. Andrus -SS

Rotation:

- Millwood
- Lackey
-Feldman
-Hunter
-Holland

Bullpen
F. Francisco (CL)
C. Wilson
W. Madrigal
D. Nippert
W. Eyre
D. O'Day
N. Feliz
D. Mathis
P. Strop
G. Moscoso

- 3 way trade

Lineup:

1. Reyes-SS
2. Hudson-2b
3. A. Gonzalez- 1b
4. D. Wright- 3b
5. Beltran- CF
6. Burrell- LF
7. Franceour-RF
8. Santos/THole -C

Rotation:

-Santana
- Wang
- Marquis
-Perez
-Pelfrey

Bullpen
F. Rodriguez (CL)
R. Soriano(SU)
P. Feliciano
S. Green
B. Stokes
N. Figueroa
E. Dessens
P. Misch
L. Broadway

You must be a met fan, what prospects do you have, great idea kill your farm system again. hmmm Scott Kazmir trade made no sense.

As far as texas seems possible they get Vlad, And a top of the line Pitcher, a Lackey, maybe a trade for Edwin Jackson, makes a little more sense, But Taveras You have Bordon who hit 312 AVG 4 HR 20 RBI 19 SB in 157 AB's, and Hamilton, and Cruz on the other corners of the outfield.

justndav
11-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Its pretty hard to say what team will be a surprise next year when we dont even know where some of the top free agents will sign and what teams will be doing trades. Based on players that teams currently have on their rosters I could see the Pirates and Royals possibly being surprise teams. Tough to say though at this point.

SJ5382
11-16-2009, 01:14 AM
You must be a met fan, what prospects do you have, great idea kill your farm system again. hmmm Scott Kazmir trade made no sense.

As far as texas seems possible they get Vlad, And a top of the line Pitcher, a Lackey, maybe a trade for Edwin Jackson, makes a little more sense, But Taveras You have Bordon who hit 312 AVG 4 HR 20 RBI 19 SB in 157 AB's, and Hamilton, and Cruz on the other corners of the outfield.
How about the Johan Santana, Carlos Delgado, Paul Lo Duca, and Mike Piazza deals? They made some pretty good sense in my opinion.

the_ditchdigger
11-16-2009, 04:33 AM
how's that book you're workin on strasburg?

robdizzle3
11-16-2009, 03:55 PM
We really wont be a suprise team, but if the Braves get a RH OF bat, we will be World Series contenders.

quade36
11-16-2009, 08:59 PM
I said that going in to this season and I actually may do that again. I like the infield they have and I like the bull pen as well. This is all based off potential, which is a fun word on PSD, so I'm not getting my hopes too high on them.

They had players that had really bad years (Aviles, Meche, Cruz) and then they had really good years (Greinke, Callaspo, Dejesus) so I'm looking for a more balanced year from all of them.

With Detroit faltering and Chicago unsure of what they're even doing I could see KC at least trying to do something.

Based on your view on other teams in the division, I think you will be as right as you were last year with your surprise team. I am all for giving the Royals credit. I like the direction they are headed in. But besides Grienke who do they have talent wise in the starting rotation? Same for bullpen besides Soria. Do you realize they didn't have anyone else besides these two pitchers with less then a 3.50 ERA? They are a bad team that as much as I want to see get better, just aren't.

Also Chicago unsure of what they are doing? Where did you get that?

Pitching wins, plain and simple. Look at the Yankees. they go and get the two best pitchers in FA last year and win the WS. Heck look at all teams in the playoffs this year, the one thing they all had in common was a solid starting rotation and some quality back end guys.