PDA

View Full Version : Iverson to the cavs?

bigvdebo86
11-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Might Allen Iverson ultimately be the answer to the riddle of what ails Shaq and LeBron on the banks of Lake Erie?

With the Cavs off to a disappointing 4-3 start, and A.I.'s don't call it a comeback tour off to less than rousing reviews down in Memphis, the likelihood and necessity for such a collaboration seems to grow more by leaps and bounds each day.

Consider that over the season's first month, the Cavs are averaging just 94 points per game, a total back in the day that A.I. seemed to amass all by his lonesome. Granted, Iverson isn't the same baller he was when he, more or less, singlehandedly strong-armed Philly into the 2001 NBA Finals. But understand that the Cavs aren't even the same squad they were just six months ago.

Sense the symmetry here? The mutual make-me-whole-again, mano-a-mano admiration? If Cleveland is to ever to appease The King enough to keep him local, this is the moment to seize. And if The Answer ever wants to lay claim to perhaps his final measure of NBA royalty, this too may be his last best chance

souce:vibe

ko8e24
11-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Shaq-Lebron-AI

All former league mvps, all-star games mvps, scoring champs and rookie of the years.

YAY!

lol

SirCalvin81
11-12-2009, 05:14 PM
i think they all ready got a scoring gaurd that doesnt play d-fense in moe williams

championships
11-12-2009, 05:26 PM
He would cry Lebron handles the ball too much

NiTEFuRY
11-12-2009, 05:40 PM
remember he won't come off the bench.
...though if i were Danny Ferry i would call the grizz and see what they want for him, he could for sure start over Parker.

BkOriginalOne
11-12-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't see why AI didn't work his way in the starting 5, he was going to beat out Conley in a couple games anyway.
AI needs to find his way to Phili, or Bobcats, or Miami.

BkOriginalOne
11-12-2009, 05:51 PM
I think the Hornets could also use him, why not?

ko8e24
11-12-2009, 05:55 PM
I think the Hornets could also use him, why not?

they should definitely hire him as a new head coach :p

Ray_R
11-12-2009, 05:56 PM
remember he won't come off the bench.
...though if i were Danny Ferry i would call the grizz and see what they want for him, he could for sure start over Parker.

Maybe West for Iverson but i dont think that would work just becuase i dont think Grizzles would wanna hassle with the distraction West would be. Maybe if cavs throw in a pick it might work

IndyRealist
11-12-2009, 06:07 PM
I don't know why they'd suggest the Cavs get another player to A) clog up the paint even more, and B) take the ball out of Lebron's hands.

Raph12
11-12-2009, 06:07 PM
West is too important to the Cavs, I'd say Mo for AI straight up... Unless West's case isn't looking too good, then you could do West for AI straight up.

mavwar53
11-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Maybe West for Iverson but i dont think that would work just becuase i dont think Grizzles would wanna hassle with the distraction West would be. Maybe if cavs throw in a pick it might work

West is a distraction but Iverson Isn't???? Something doesn't quite make sense here.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-12-2009, 06:11 PM
AI to Cleveland :pray:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Bubba-Chuck+The King+The Deisel=Killa Trio!

Ray_R
11-12-2009, 07:33 PM
West is a distraction but Iverson Isn't???? Something doesn't quite make sense here.

im talking about his weapons charges and court days

IversonIsKrazy
11-12-2009, 08:46 PM
i wanted AI 2 go 2 Cleveland back when he was in Denver, it would be interesting to c, but i doubt thas going to happen. I jus want AI to retire w/ either a ring, or retire a sixer.

mzgrizz
11-13-2009, 01:31 AM
I don't see why AI didn't work his way in the starting 5, he was going to beat out Conley in a couple games anyway.
AI needs to find his way to Phili, or Bobcats, or Miami.

Well, AI actually, really ,truly does have a personal problem to work with......and he is still signed with the Grizzlies......so maybe he WILL start here before long. Stay tuned.

JordansBulls
11-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Might Allen Iverson ultimately be the answer to the riddle of what ails Shaq and LeBron on the banks of Lake Erie?

With the Cavs off to a disappointing 4-3 start, and A.I.'s don't call it a comeback tour off to less than rousing reviews down in Memphis, the likelihood and necessity for such a collaboration seems to grow more by leaps and bounds each day.

Consider that over the season's first month, the Cavs are averaging just 94 points per game, a total back in the day that A.I. seemed to amass all by his lonesome. Granted, Iverson isn't the same baller he was when he, more or less, singlehandedly strong-armed Philly into the 2001 NBA Finals. But understand that the Cavs aren't even the same squad they were just six months ago.

Sense the symmetry here? The mutual make-me-whole-again, mano-a-mano admiration? If Cleveland is to ever to appease The King enough to keep him local, this is the moment to seize. And if The Answer ever wants to lay claim to perhaps his final measure of NBA royalty, this too may be his last best chance

souce:vibe

Would be interesting to see.

Verbal Christ
11-17-2009, 06:57 PM
if AI can contribute off the bench this might actually work out, hell who knows he may just put mo williams back on the bench, either way i think its a good fit.

philab
11-18-2009, 12:09 AM
No thanks to Iverson. The only way he'd work would be in a reserve role and that apparently he isn't willing to do.

The Cavs look pretty good right now. Once Shaq, AV, West, and possibly Green come back/get going, they'll be even better. All that apocalyptic speak was short-sighted [read: stupid].

JonnyBrav000
11-18-2009, 12:57 AM
AI to the Cavs makes no sense. Cavs aren't good enough to win it all, so what does make sense for AI is coming to the Knicks, because he will get his playing time and his stats will be great under D'Antoni, setting him up nicely for a new contract next year, and if not the knicks than maybe The Hornets, he can be that scorer they desperately need next to CP3.

It's not about the championship in this case, it's about being able to play big minutes and a contract next year.

69centers
11-18-2009, 10:54 AM
The Cavs, like most teams, could have gone after him before the season started and they didn't. No reason to think they will now.

DenButsu
11-18-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm sorry, but Vibe is not a legit source for NBA news or rumors.

/closed

ink
11-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Please follow this link to the new thread - http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427262