PDA

View Full Version : Hornets fired coach byron scott

BIGBREED
11-12-2009, 02:49 PM
The New Orleans Hornets has just fired Coach Byron Scott, but who on the current staff do we have that have Head Coaching experience? It will be hard to bring in a new coach in from off the streets, without his own staff and expect to have a winning/playoff type season.

BEST AVAILABLE COACHES
-Avery Johnson(New Orleanian)
-Marc Jackson
-Jeff Van Gundy

TIM FLOYD has just been hired as an assistant coach.... (oh my!)

BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU ASK FOR.....

spacemandave
11-12-2009, 02:55 PM
van gundy is the man, get him in, any other big names available?

spacemandave
11-12-2009, 03:07 PM
you guys arent gonna believe this, espn just said jeff bower is in as head coach and theyre bringing on tim floyd as an assistant.

BIGBREED
11-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Tim Floyd rehired!?!

FIRE COACH SCOTT! FIRE COACH SCOTT! Is all i heard, LOL.......

Be careful of what you ask for people

ballpd05
11-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Yeah IDK if I want bower the way he effed up the salary cap situation with aging overpaid has beens and never wases.

BigEric
11-12-2009, 05:42 PM
GM Bower is the GM, this is Vinny BTW on my bros account, i dont feel like logging out and back in

Patrick Swayze
11-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Firing Scott makes sense, but Jeff Bower taking over???????????? Are you kidding me???????????

Patrick Swayze
11-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Please tell me he is only the interm head coach. Please.

ballpd05
11-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Article on Nola.com says there is no interim title which is even scarier. I wouldve rathered them puck a random assistant to be interim than bower and Floyd.

Patrick Swayze
11-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Shinn obviously has lost his mind.

I guess we'll see...

Vinny642
11-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Bower at HC should be funny!!!
He gonna play Paul West and Okafor 48 Minutes per game LOL

ballpd05
11-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Watch all of a sudden bower pulls off some immaculate trades like to make himself look good. David West sounded optimistic in the press conference.

Vinny642
11-12-2009, 08:23 PM
West didnt like Scott anymore

ballpd05
11-12-2009, 08:31 PM
On an unrelated note did u see Hilton get his stuff taken by amundson. That play kinda summarized the night, and had me roflmao

Vinny642
11-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Armstrong is so frail it is not funny! I hate him on the Hornets

BIGBREED
11-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Armstrong is so frail it is not funny! I hate him on the Hornets

Hilton Armstrong is soft, his sound affects at the Beehive(New Orleans arena)is Fred Flintstone saying "Yabba Dabba Doooo!"

How the hell a grown azz man would have that tutti-frutti ****?
STRAIGHT BEOTCH-MADE!!!:facepalm:

Vinny642
11-12-2009, 10:45 PM
I cant stand him playing anymore, or Posey, Mo Pete

spacemandave
11-12-2009, 11:23 PM
ya posey is so slow, lazy, and useless...sucks.

BIGBREED
11-12-2009, 11:25 PM
I cant stand him playing anymore, or Posey, Mo Pete

Agreed!

Jeff Bower should be fired also! He signed Posey and Mo Pete(slow, spot shooters) as a bigtime signing in freeagency to start for the Hornets, but they were nothing more than the 6th man on the teams they were leaving!

Who is going to light the fire under David West sorry azz?

ballpd05
11-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Agreed!

Jeff Bower should be fired also! He signed Posey and Mo Pete(slow, spot shooters) as a bigtime signing in freeagency to start for the Hornets, but they were nothing more than the 6th man on the teams they were leaving!

Who is going to light the fire under David West sorry azz?

:clap:

ballpd05
11-13-2009, 10:37 AM
I think bower is a bigger problem than scott. Signing Peja, Mo Pete, and James Posey to those ridiculous long term contracts when there were much younger and better players out there has killed us. I think Scott needed to go because he obviously lost this team.

BIGBREED
11-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I think bower is a bigger problem than scott. Signing Peja, Mo Pete, and James Posey to those ridiculous long term contracts when there were much younger and better players out there has killed us. I think Scott needed to go because he obviously lost this team.

Coach Scott didn't lose the team, The Hornets front office lost the "team & coaches" (Go back to the Tyson Chandler trade to OK; the relationship haven't been the same since)

*The only problem Coach Byron Scott had was not developing the draft picks!

BUT, Management has alot to do with this collapse
- bad management, all to save a buck(trading away draft picks and signing FA who "Sucked")
- not respecting their star players and coaches
- CP3 being pissed at management, he will be traded next year or he will opt out in 2012; thats why the Hornets drafted Collison
- Tim Floyd and Bower are best friends, together will equal "Low Attendance"
- This is the same thing management did to Paul Silas, and quess who they brought in.....Tim Floyd!

DEJA VU? :facepalm:

WE SHOULD HAVE SAW THIS COMING!!!!!!

Chapin78
11-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Are you kidding me? Bower is the new coach with Floyd as the assistant! :facepalm:

Might as well throw the towel in on this season. Why not bring in Van Gundy or Johnson? Johnson knows the city and he is a champion PG. Who else would help CP more than Johnson???

With the new head coach move what trades can we expect??? The only players I wouldn't touch is CP and.....well thats about it. We would have to get a good offer for Okafor or West but other than that anyone can go.

BIGBREED
11-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Are you kidding me? Bower is the new coach with Floyd as the assistant! :facepalm:

Might as well throw the towel in on this season. Why not bring in Van Gundy or Johnson? Johnson knows the city and he is a champion PG. Who else would help CP more than Johnson???

With the new head coach move what trades can we expect??? The only players I wouldn't touch is CP and.....well thats about it. We would have to get a good offer for Okafor or West but other than that anyone can go.

Why would we trade Okafor?
-if we trade him, who's the Center....Hilton Armstrong?(don't make me laugh)
-What team would take Okafor big contract
- Okafor is a 14pt - 14reb center for us; best since Alonzo Mourning!

PLEASE, think about the Okafor trade ideas, but David West.... YES!

TRADING DAVID WEST
- a great trading chip(reasonable contract and Allstar)
- we have backups that can do what he does(Songaila, JuJu, Diogu, Posey)
- getting rid of his laziness, will help the younger players
- he has a bad back

*** Don't say trade for Stephen Jackson
- he's 31yrs old making 7.6 mil, his contract runs til he's 34 and he'll be making 10 mil; it doesn't make sense!
(thats like the Peja deal; old player and the Hornets are stuck w/ a BIG contract))

ballpd05
11-13-2009, 01:29 PM

TRADING DAVID WEST
- he has a bad back

- he's 31yrs old making 7.6 mil, his contract runs til he's 34 and he'll be making 10 mil; it doesn't make sense!
(thats like the Peja deal; old player and the Hornets are stuck w/ a BIG contract))

I agree with everything. David West is a lazy bum who brings nothing to the team except a reliable 17 ft jump shot.

Stephen Jackson would be just like a better Peja. If we got him he would be solid for the first year, then he would hit the wall just like Peja then we would be stuck with a bigger contract.

I think Tyson fit the Hornets better than Okafor although as an individual Okafor is better. Tyson's quickness, athleticism, work ethic, and length helped because he was more agile and could cover more ground to help and intimidate offensive players who would regularly beat Mo, Rasual, and Peja around the rim. So the help side D was much better with a healthy tyson. Tyson's ability to catch the alley also is missed cuz we cant do that with Okafor. Paul has to hit him on the roll and he often gets fouled before he can go up and misses one or both free throws.

And looking at the cap situation noone with a bad contract has an expiring one this year.

The good part is that Weber, VP of bball ops, said if Bower doesn't turn things around he is gone too.

Chapin78
11-13-2009, 07:15 PM

TRADING DAVID WEST
- he has a bad back

BigB you missed my point I said that they would have to be a good deal to trade away Okafor and West but other then CP3 anyone can go in my eyes.

I agree with everything. David West is a lazy bum who brings nothing to the team except a reliable 17 ft jump shot.

Stephen Jackson would be just like a better Peja. If we got him he would be solid for the first year, then he would hit the wall just like Peja then we would be stuck with a bigger contract.

I think Tyson fit the Hornets better than Okafor although as an individual Okafor is better. Tyson's quickness, athleticism, work ethic, and length helped because he was more agile and could cover more ground to help and intimidate offensive players who would regularly beat Mo, Rasual, and Peja around the rim. So the help side D was much better with a healthy tyson. Tyson's ability to catch the alley also is missed cuz we cant do that with Okafor. Paul has to hit him on the roll and he often gets fouled before he can go up and misses one or both free throws.

And looking at the cap situation noone with a bad contract has an expiring one this year.

The good part is that Weber, VP of bball ops, said if Bower doesn't turn things around he is gone too.

Thats good news! Bower needs to be held accountable for this team also. You can't just get rid of the headache by cutting off the head (firing Coach Scott). This team needs work and some major moves.

tland22
11-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Marcus Thornton should get a opportunity to start... straight up. he shoots well and he CAN score and create his own shots unlike everyone else on our team not named Chris Paul

Vinny642
11-14-2009, 05:53 PM
^^^
Yeah

iHop
11-15-2009, 01:12 AM
Hire Avery Johnson ASAP!

Vinny642
11-15-2009, 01:15 AM
Yeah but for what, this year is done we dont have(or utilize) enough to win anyway

iHop
11-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Hire him so the players are used to his sets and how he wants them to play so he wont have to start off with nothing in the off season.

Bruno
11-16-2009, 03:49 AM
Scott just won coach of the year not too long ago. This is a trigger happy move, and a bad move, imo. How could they do this without even consulting Paul first? Idiots.

saintdrew
11-16-2009, 10:47 PM
pretty sad and confusing situation.

well i guess jeff bower wanted to prove to his daddy that he was big boy now and not assisting at marist college.

the guy has no experience at all to be a nba head coach.

avery johnson would have been an excellent hire.

very very sad. but hey, jeff bower is big boy now daddy!!!