PDA

View Full Version : Who are your current 2 or 3 favorite NBA teams and why ?

KL700
11-12-2009, 09:49 AM
It doesn't matter if the names of any former pro NBA players are cited
(who are currently retired) in saying why, but who are currently
(from either a current perspective only, or from both a current and
historical perspective) your 2 or 3 favourite NBA teams and please
separately say why, for each fave NBA team named.

JasonJohnHorn
11-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Historically speaking I'm pretty lucky in that I'm old enough to have caught the tail end of the Laker/Celtic dynasties in the 80's, see the Bad Boys hand it off to the Bulls or the 90's and see some great series with the Knicks and Pacers and then see the Spurs. I'd have to say its hard to pick favorite teams from all of those. Portland was a great team and never won a title with Clyde, and Utah was great with Stockton and Malone and never won. I'd have to say, because I like hard nosed defence and grind-it-out basketball, and team play, the Spurs are my fav team to watch, and the Pistons of 04/05, though the Celtics and Lakers are great teams to watch, even if I hate Kobe (he's still the best shooting guard in the league). I loved watching the old Lakers team with Magic and Kareem, and later with Vlade Divac (I still remember the 91 finals: Lakers Bulls, it was great). I loved watching the Knicks, Pacers and Bulls play each other in the 90's, and the Bulls/Pistons played some great basketball against each other (went to 7 games like three years in a row before the bulls swept them in 91). So for now I'll go with top three current teams: Spurs, Celtics Lakers, and historically (since I've started watching the game), Lakers, Bulls and Pistons (with honourable mention to Clyde's Blazer's, Stockton's Jazz, Miller's Pacers and Riley's Knicks).