PDA

View Full Version : How are the suns 8-1 .

Pages : [1] 2

lakersfan211
11-12-2009, 04:50 AM
Looking at this team they only have 3 good players and thats it , amare , nash and jrich and then the roster aint that deep after that . maybe its the way nash has been playing but imo this team is still is not a top 5 team in the west , your thoughts .

YouMadSon?
11-12-2009, 04:53 AM
They are just a good regular season team imo. Teams don't have the chance to really plan for their run and gun style since you have to play so many different opponents and styles every week. Once a team is forced to do their scouting and prepare Phoenix will be done.

I like the Suns but they are not built for the playoffs.

lakersfan211
11-12-2009, 04:56 AM
i agree , i think they will make the playoffs but i think they will be one and done .

Spurred1
11-12-2009, 04:58 AM
Nash seems to be rejuvenated this season. That is a huge part of it. The success of the team is going to rely on Nash/Amare more than anything else, I think. I hope they are working on developing Nash's backup,though.
Right now, they are a top 5 team in the West. They've been playing spectacular basketball.

YouMadSon?
11-12-2009, 05:04 AM
I have to say, though I don't believe the Suns style will lead to playoff success, they have their offense is powerful enough to create an upset ala Golden State vs. Dallas. It would be a shock if they took out the Lakers, or even Spurs, but possible - though I doubt it.

blackjack_119
11-12-2009, 05:05 AM
Their role players are playing unbelievably well. Channing Frye and Grant Hill are playing especially well right now. That is a huge contributing factor.

YouMadSon?
11-12-2009, 05:10 AM
In Channing Frye's previous 4 years in the league he made a combined 20 3-pointers. This year alone he has made 25 3's.

abe_froman
11-12-2009, 05:13 AM
you have to start believing that last year was an aberration and not the end of an era,as some where saying(not myself included).but due to implementing a system that is the opposite of what they are use to(for the first half of the year),and the second half having to do with their 2nd best player going down.

much has to do with nash and role players.seriously he must have made a deal with the devil so that he never declines as players are suppose to as they get older

thapharcyd
11-12-2009, 05:15 AM
Suns can easily win a 1st round series against Hornets, Rockets, Mavs... If they end up seed 3-6 they can get to te second round... It's all about who they play that decides how far they might get... I'd like to see the Spurs... They owe em one, lol

blackjack_119
11-12-2009, 05:15 AM
In Channing Frye's previous 4 years in the league he made a combined 20 3-pointers. This year alone he has made 25 3's.

He developed consistent 3-point range prior to last season, but couldn't crack the playing rotation in Portland.

ElMarroAfamado
11-12-2009, 05:19 AM
yeah the suns arent very good but they have nash and amare....j rich is a bonus
i find it hard to believe that a team with dudley and amundson can be 8-1
i think its amazing....
but dudley made a couple 3s earlier and i was amazed at that...
they will probably come back down to earth any day now

DerekRE_3
11-12-2009, 05:20 AM
Looking at this team they only have 3 good players and thats it , amare , nash and jrich and then the roster aint that deep after that . maybe its the way nash has been playing but imo this team is still is not a top 5 team in the west , your thoughts .

Steve Nash.

DerekRE_3
11-12-2009, 05:21 AM
i think its amazing....

Dudley is better than you think. He's a glue guy that I'd love to have on my team.

GoatMilk
11-12-2009, 05:28 AM
they're fools gold.

they're good, but not no. 1 team in the West good.
(lol watch them beat the Lakers to really get this thread bumping)

Becks2307
11-12-2009, 05:31 AM
nash is gonna get his 3rd mvp lol

Duncan = Donkey
11-12-2009, 05:32 AM

dont know what you mean by "they only have 3 good players".
Nash, Amare, J Rich, Hill and Barbosa ar all very high level players.

Our bench is terribly underrated becasue there not "household" names. but our bench has outplayed every other bench this year except for orlando.

we wont win a championship obviousley but we can sure as hell make some noise in the playoffs.

laboy09
11-12-2009, 05:32 AM
I think the question is how are u askin this question?

THe answer is simple they are winning games , makin shots , playing defense and doin the right things.

nolin
11-12-2009, 06:04 AM

I live in the phoenix area and i have no idea how there this good. shaq is gone and there running again. chemistry i guess, but i still cant see them finishing in the top 5 in the western conference.

sp1derm00
11-12-2009, 07:03 AM
WOW, just looked up Nash and Hill's stats.

What the hell is going on? Nash is looking like he wants a 3rd MVP and Grant Hill is rebounding like he used to.

selassi3
11-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Steve nash..nuff said

thephoenixson28
11-12-2009, 08:44 AM
If or when we beat the lakers you guys will still give us no respect so why bother. If you don't think we can make noise in the playoffs that's your opinion. I love being under the radar. Only 3 good players yeah right. Not that much good role players. I think people should watch a couple of suns game before posting.

magichatnumber9
11-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Steve Nash is starting to make me wonder if Chris Paul really is the best point guard in the league.

#1Mavericksfan
11-12-2009, 09:46 AM
If or when we beat the lakers you guys will still give us no respect so why bother. If you don't think we can make noise in the playoffs that's your opinion. I love being under the radar. Only 3 good players yeah right. Not that much good role players. I think people should watch a couple of suns game before posting.

It's true....the Mavs beat the Lakers and all I kept hearing was how bad Kobe played and if Pau was playing the Lakers would have won so there's no point, if the Lakers would have beat the Mavs they never would have said anything about Pau at all.

STAT32
11-12-2009, 10:07 AM
The biggest reason Phoenix is 8-1 is due to the team chemistry. This team is clicking on so many different levels. They actually enjoy playing basketball together. We have a great bench thanks to Alvin Gentry and our rebounding believe it or not is +16 so far this year. Gentry has actually gotten this team to commit to a team defense/rebounding philosophy and it is working.

Say all you want about Phoenix not playing defense but you just watch the 4th quarter of the Boston and Heat game and come back and tell me they don't play defense enough to win. For all of you guys who think Phoenix will eventually come back down to earth you are sorely mistaken.

JasonJohnHorn
11-12-2009, 10:10 AM
They've played the Wizards, 76ers, Hornets, T-Wolves, Clippers and Warrior, and while the Hornets aren't so bad as the other teams, they haven't been playing well so those games, I think are teams that are fairly easy to beat for a team that has talented players and consistent team play, and that has been the key for the Suns so far, but as some have mentioned already, last year's stuggles weren't because the team was bad. The coaching change had a huge impact and though they had a decent coach to start the season, his vision and style did not match well with these players (and when I say a decent coach I mean decent, not great, because great coaches like Pat Riley, Larry Brown, Lenny Wilkens and Phil Jackson can change their own style to incorperate whatever unique talent they have). The second half of the season was in turn slowed down by the departure of Amare. Had they had a healthy Amare all season and kept D'Antoni, they likely would have made the playoffs last year. And Shaq did not hold them back, when Amare was out he stepped up his game and it is important to remember that these guys had one of the best records ever for a team that didn't make the playoffs (ten games over .500 ad 46-36, versus the 39-43 Pistons who were in the playoffs in the east). The Suns weren't that bad last year, they just had some chemistry problems (and yes, some of them were between Shaq and Amare).

The Suns have also played some good teams, like Orlando (who the lost to), the Celtics (who they beat) and the Heat (who has been playing well, but has very inconsistent players lke O'Neal that put up 20/10 one night and then 14/2 the next night (as he did against the Suns). Have the Suns been playing good defence? The stats say no. Teams that don't score 100 have been scoring it against the Suns (the Celtics shot over 50% from the field against the Suns in their loss to them, one of their highest percentages of the season so far). What the Suns have been doing in running, and forcing teams to play their style. The Celtics love to grind it out and play defence, slow things down and let their vets get the shots they like, but the Suns made them run, and while the Celtics are talented enough to play that style, they aren't comfrotable with it. In a seven game series you would see the Suns play well early and the Celtics dominate late in the series. I expect the Suns to play well all season, though not this well, and I expect they will finish around where they finished last season, adn 46-36, it just depends on how other teams fair as to whether or not that will be good enough to make the playoffs. Regardless though, if they do squeak in, their lack of rebounding and defence will hurt them as they only have one player that can grab 10+ boards on a nightly basis, and the length of the season will likely wear down starters like Hill and Nash while opposing teams abuse Frye who won't be able to keep up with bigger centers. Amare is still an elite player in this league and by seasons end will be in great shape while Jason Richardson is still and athletic scorer who knows how to get to the basket and Barbosa is a great and underrated talent in this league (though I miss Diaw and Bell on this team). Nash though still remains the great facilitator and just knows how to involve those around him (just look at a guy like Dragic who is shooting almost 50% from the floor, up 10% from last season, and over 50% from behind the arc) and make players better and that will keep the Suns in the hunt and make them entertaining to watch all season.

I don't expect a deep playoff run, and I expect that they may even be fighting for a playoff spot as the did last year, but if they play consistently as they have been, they can get 50 wins this year, though I expect other talented and underachieving teams (like the Cavs, Clippers, Spurs, Hornets and Jazz to be playing more consistently by the end of November, so the Suns will have a harder time should those teams start playing consistently themselves.

Lakers Magic

uchiha
11-12-2009, 10:12 AM
they had 8 guys in double figures last night.... that is how

thephoenixson28
11-12-2009, 10:15 AM
The biggest reason Phoenix is 8-1 is due to the team chemistry. This team is clicking on so many different levels. They actually enjoy playing basketball together. We have a great bench thanks to Alvin Gentry and our rebounding believe it or not is +16 so far this year. Gentry has actually gotten this team to commit to a team defense/rebounding philosophy and it is working.

Say all you want about Phoenix not playing defense but you just watch the 4th quarter of the Boston and Heat game and come back and tell me they don't play defense enough to win. For all of you guys who think Phoenix will eventually come back down to earth you are sorely mistaken. You forgot about the wizards and sixers. Especially the sixers coming back from 12 down at half time.

STAT32
11-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Exactly. It would be wrong for someone to say the Phoenix Suns don't play defense. The Suns play defense when they need to, our defense has won us games as well.

miller74
11-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Because games are won on the court, not on paper

More-Than-Most
11-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Um the biggest difference is defense and dragic. When Nash goes out Dragic is leading the team and playing damn good basketball and that helps give Nash more rest. Also the 2nd team in general plays extremely good defense that when the starters go out they can hold a lead or lengthen one. People are saying this team isn't built for the playoffs but for the first time they are... They have a defensive mindset to go along with that run and guy style and they have a very good 2nd team.... Oh yea they also have that guy Steve Nash. They have started out and dominated and played most of their games on the road. They are currently coming off of a back to back against the hornets who they decimated and the lakers whom they play tonight. Everyone laughed when Nash and Amare said what they said a few weeks ago... 8-1 start and look who is laughing now.

SunsFanIam
11-12-2009, 10:41 AM
I love it! Everyone is still doubting the Suns. People say they are not really a good team and have nobody besides Nash, Stat, and Jrich.. Are you kidding me? Dragic is playing wonderful as a back up pg, Dudley is doing everything under the sun, Lou is bringing great d and hustle, Barbosa is someone who can put 25-30 on you any given night, Grant hill is getting a double double every other night, channing frye is just taking alot of people off Amar'e and making defenders pay when they leave him alone. The fact is this team is not just relying on one person or two people like most teams, that is why they are 8-1. Still I love the fact that you guys are hating because it means you notice. Even if most everyone is not paying to anything more then the box score, if you actually watched the game you can see the heart that every player on that team is bring in every game. Either way I LOVE IT! I will say they are a playoff team but I don't think they are title contenders, but I won't even say it can't happen, anything is possible if they keep this going.

king4day
11-12-2009, 11:02 AM
1. Richardson is rebounding the ball and playing defense very well. He's also the second scorer for us and it's showing. While not as good, he's to us, what Joe Johnson was for us in 04-05.
2. Channing Frye is having a career year. His shooting spreads the floor leaving Amar'e and Richardson more space to go to work.
3. The bench goes 10 deep and has matched well with other teams, and in some cases, played a lot better then other benches.
4. Team defense is in the middle of the pack this year. The Pick n Roll is being defended well, where last year, Shaq and Nash let everyone through.

sunnydayin'zona
11-12-2009, 11:06 AM
i think its amazing....

dudley and amudson are bench role players...
grant hill and channing frye are the starters.

Gibby23
11-12-2009, 11:26 AM
They are ok. They will get beat tonight.

thephoenixson28
11-12-2009, 11:34 AM
They are ok. They will get beat tonight. We will see. If the suns win would you respect us probably not.

Gibby23
11-12-2009, 11:39 AM
We will see. If the suns win would you respect us probably not.

I will. I think the Suns are for real, I just want to wait atleast half the season to see if they keep playing well. I could see them finishing with the 2 seed if Nash, Amare, and J Rich stay healthy.

Confusion
11-12-2009, 11:40 AM
They have a pretty solid team actually, including the bench.

More-Than-Most
11-12-2009, 11:45 AM

I love the suns and believe they are for real but I don't see them winning tonight... Not because the lakers are better but because of the back to back games against the Hornets and now the lakers at La. Hopefully they win but it will be tough.

kikeyanez
11-12-2009, 11:51 AM
they play as a team..something the golden state warriors dont how to do

td0tsfinest
11-12-2009, 12:27 PM
simple anwser:

they have taken the shackles of the best PG in the league.

Both Steve Kerr and Terry Porter was telling Steve Nash what to do. That's absolutely crazy. You have one of the best PGs ever and you are restricting him in what he does best.

Alvin Gentry has done a great job giving Nash the freedom to lead this team again. If they keep this up, I would be surprised if Steve Nash doesn't win MVP

DodgerorLaker?
11-12-2009, 12:39 PM
I love it! Everyone is still doubting the Suns. People say they are not really a good team and have nobody besides Nash, Stat, and Jrich.. Are you kidding me? Dragic is playing wonderful as a back up pg, Dudley is doing everything under the sun, Lou is bringing great d and hustle, Barbosa is someone who can put 25-30 on you any given night, Grant hill is getting a double double every other night, channing frye is just taking alot of people off Amar'e and making defenders pay when they leave him alone. The fact is this team is not just relying on one person or two people like most teams, that is why they are 8-1. Still I love the fact that you guys are hating because it means you notice. Even if most everyone is not paying to anything more then the box score, if you actually watched the game you can see the heart that every player on that team is bring in every game. Either way I LOVE IT! I will say they are a playoff team but I don't think they are title contenders, but I won't even say it can't happen, anything is possible if they keep this going.

Cmon there not TITLE CONTENDERS! there is no "i don't think" This is not a opinion its a FACT.The suns are decent but they will be exposed tonight--even without Gasol.Oh yeah Barbosa is not dropping 25-30 tonight! LOL

Chronz
11-12-2009, 01:32 PM
They are doing it with a total team effort, just about every rotational player is putting in quality minutes, while thats usually a bad warning sign theyve been winning with Amare not being his dominant self offensively so there is actually room for them to grow.

Frye adding the 3pt shot to his game has completely changed his stature as a player. The midrange game has gone extinct for a reason, anyone who bases their game around the midrange shot better be damn good at it, since even the best barely break even it makes no sense to continue taking the lowest% shot in basketball when if you take 2 steps back you can hit them at a lower% and get more pts out of them anyways.

Mavrix
11-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Suns can easily win a 1st round series against Hornets, Rockets, Mavs... If they end up seed 3-6 they can get to te second round... It's all about who they play that decides how far they might get... I'd like to see the Spurs... They owe em one, lol

Easily? Don't get cocky. Phoenix won't finish in the top 5 in the west.

AZCardsFan
11-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Easily? Don't get cocky. Phoenix won't finish in the top 5 in the west.

Did you expect the Suns to start 8-1??? Just shows anything can happen....

EternalLakeShow
11-12-2009, 01:58 PM
It's true....the Mavs beat the Lakers and all I kept hearing was how bad Kobe played and if Pau was playing the Lakers would have won so there's no point, if the Lakers would have beat the Mavs they never would have said anything about Pau at all.

Im a laker fan and ill admit to you that we could have and should have beaten you guys without pau. that and Josh howard was out for you that game if i remember correctly so it should have been a good game. We just got taken apart that game, nobody was playing decent ball on our side besides Shannon Brown, but the credit goes to your mavs for coming in with a purpose and not letting up for the whole game. I was just waiting the whole game for a the usual lakers spurt of offence, but it never happen. you guys just ripped our defense apart that night and it was brutal to watch.

As for the suns it all depends on if they start playing some better defense then in years past. their back to their old style and it suits them great, i still dont know what in the hell they were doing with shaq to this day. They all look happier out there with this style of play which you can clearly see from Nash looking like good ole Nash from back in the day. They looked real good against the hornets last night but then again who hasn't looked good against the hornets lately. I didn't see that game in boston but putting up almost 110 in boston is pretty damn good for any team.

Been waiting all week to see the suns come in and play the lakers tonight.
Top 2 teams in the west as of now its gonna be a real shootout like it always is when we face each other, should be a good one.

Punkindrublic03
11-12-2009, 02:10 PM
I've been saying this since the beginning of the season:

If the Suns can keep an even rebounding total with other teams, they will be one of the top teams in the west. They have come together as a unit offensively, and are making strides defensively. This is a solid team, and will be a threat come playoff time. If Coach Gentry keeps this team committed to crashing the boards every night, they are going to have a great season.

If I were a team in the western conference, I sure as hell wouldn't want to play the Suns in the playoffs. They run, run, run, and they do not quit. They tire other teams out, they shoot the lights out, they are relentless in their attack. They are dangerous. Respect.

Toenail Clipper
11-12-2009, 02:16 PM

Don't be so sure, if Lakers HAVE Bynum and Pau tonight, you guys will lose.

Punkindrublic03
11-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Don't be so sure, if Lakers HAVE Bynum and Pau tonight, you guys will lose.

Why do people say stupid **** like this.

We don't know who is going to win, that's why they plaaaay the gaaaame.

SunsFanIam
11-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Cmon there not TITLE CONTENDERS! there is no "i don't think" This is not a opinion its a FACT.The suns are decent but they will be exposed tonight--even without Gasol.Oh yeah Barbosa is not dropping 25-30 tonight! LOL

Alls I am saying is you can't determine who is Title contenders based off last year. You can only go based off this year, and as of right this sec (the 3weeks the nba has been playing) They look like they could compete for the title. They might drop off or they might continue this and actually improve since Amar'e hasn't got fully back into his game, and the Suns use to be ranked 28th in rebounding and Defence. Now they are 16 in defence and out rebounding their oppontent. So doesn't that not say they are better now then when they were title contenders? I bet you right now you will say the Lakers are title contenders right? Why? They are playing worse teams then the Suns and barely beating them. Also I am not saying the Suns are better then the Lakers. I am just saying at this current time the Suns are playing like the Lakers and Celtics with a complete team balance.

Raph12
11-12-2009, 02:24 PM
There's no Shaq to clog the lanes and slow the team down anymore; now they can go back to running-and-gunning.

Keep in mind though; offense wins games, but defense wins championships.

king4day
11-12-2009, 02:25 PM

Actually it is opinion.
I don't think Dallas is a title contender right now, but when Howard gets back, if they go on a big run, then people might be talkin.
Opinions change.

thephoenixson28
11-12-2009, 02:26 PM
I will. I think the Suns are for real, I just want to wait atleast half the season to see if they keep playing well. I could see them finishing with the 2 seed if Nash, Amare, and J Rich stay healthy. Damn that's respect right there. I just hate when people are saying we are just a fluke. They thought teams like hornets,mavs,clippers,golden state,spurs,jazz and even the thunder were going to be ahead of that. All those teams are playing bad. Did anyone expect us to be 8-1. No.I just think people don't want to think the suns are back cuz we used to dominate.

Gibby23
11-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Actually it is opinion.
I don't think Dallas is a title contender right now, but when Howard gets back, if they go on a big run, then people might be talkin.
Opinions change.

It is just an opinion. It's the opinion of every expert and Vegas. That can change if they keep it up.

thephoenixson28
11-12-2009, 02:31 PM
There's no Shaq to clog the lanes and slow the team down anymore; now they can go back to running-and-gunning.

Keep in mind though; offense wins games, but defense wins championships. Who says we don't play defense. The style of play, we play of course we will give up 100 ppg. But we have been playing defense when it counts. If you don't think we play defense ask a miami fan,or celtic fan,or even a sixers fan they will tell you.

Chronz
11-12-2009, 02:33 PM

Keep in mind though; offense wins games, but defense wins championships.

You seriously didnt see the Suns last year did you? Shaq never stopped them from running, it was all Porters doing. During the Gentry era, Shaq and those Suns put up mind boggling offensive #'s, so ridiculous that if you only took that limited sample their offense would rank as the most efficient offense ever. And they did this without Amare. The biggest difference this year has been their PnR defense, and their defense in 4th quarters has led the league. But theyve had a cupcake schedule so lets not get carried away yet.

And keep in mind, your cliche is on my list. Offense is just as responsible for winning as defense is. Afterall, you cant win championships if you cant win games.

Chronz
11-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Who says we don't play defense. The style of play, we play of course we will give up 100 ppg. But we have been playing defense when it counts. If you don't think we play defense ask a miami fan,or celtic fan,or even a sixers fan they will tell you.

Your defense wont hold up bro, your best perimeter defender is like 40, Amare is playing inspired D but how much of that is just going up against **** teams?

Whats equally as important is that your offense still has room to grow, Amare will play much better than this.

Gibby23
11-12-2009, 02:37 PM
They can be contenders if this keeps up, but im not sold yet. Im not saying that because Im a Laker fan. Even the Lakers 2 years ago, Pre Gasol were 26-11 when Bynum went down. They were 1st place at the time. I wasn't sold on them being a contender even with Btnum in there, It was really fun watching my team win because people were predicting that the Lakers would be the 8th seed or not make the playoffs. This Suns team is like the pre Gasol Laker team, but better.

Super.
11-12-2009, 02:38 PM
I think that it really helps that Nash is playing REALLY well. JRich is also playing solid. All their guys keep stepping up in big games

Silent
11-12-2009, 02:45 PM

:facepalm: had to be a laker fan

Nash Amare J-Rich G Hill

Bench of Drag Dudley Frye

if they play like this all year laker fans gonna get scrred

Gibby23
11-12-2009, 02:47 PM
:facepalm: had to be a laker fan

Nash Amare J-Rich G Hill

Bench of Drag Dudley Frye

if they play like this all year laker fans gonna get scrred

Why would Laker fans be scared? All you have to do is pound them inside.

Silent
11-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Why would Laker fans be scared? All you have to do is pound them inside.

suns are acutally playing defence this year thats if they can get inside

Raph12
11-12-2009, 03:11 PM
You seriously didnt see the Suns last year did you? Shaq never stopped them from running, it was all Porters doing. During the Gentry era, Shaq and those Suns put up mind boggling offensive #'s, so ridiculous that if you only took that limited sample their offense would rank as the most efficient offense ever. And they did this without Amare. The biggest difference this year has been their PnR defense, and their defense in 4th quarters has led the league. But theyve had a cupcake schedule so lets not get carried away yet.

And keep in mind, your cliche is on my list. Offense is just as responsible for winning as defense is. Afterall, you cant win championships if you cant win games.

I agree with the top part seeming as how I never watched the Suns last season, so I can let that go. But you cannot possibly believe that offense is just as responsible for winning titles as defense is. I can name quite a few teams that had a weak offense that won a championship, but can you name a team that had weak defense that won a ring?

Gibby23
11-12-2009, 03:16 PM
suns are acutally playing defence this year thats if they can get inside

Lakers won't have any problems getting the ball inside to Bynum.

mrblisterdundee
11-12-2009, 03:27 PM
They have more than three good players. Stave Nash is the best point guard in the league so far this season; that counts for a lot. Amare stoudemire is possibly the most physically-gifted power forward. Jason Richardson is a top-10 shooting guard. Leandro Barbosa is one of the fastest and most offensively-adept sixth men in the league. Grant Hill might not be a physical all-star anymore, but mentally he's still a franchise player and still knows how to play very versatile. Channing Frye is a great shooter who helps spread defenses at all five positions.
They're all fast as a group. No defense can cover all five players on a team like that. The Celitics were a bit too slow to do it. I'd say Orlando and Lost Angeles have the best chance against the Suns. We'll just have to see how Phoenix handles those two teams.

JUSTINDBRONCS
11-12-2009, 03:31 PM
K. You all have obdviously not seen the Suns play this year. Nash does not even have to be on the court and our bench keeps the lead and adds to it. Plus we have actually been playing some great D. Every single player on our roster besides Amundson and Stoudemire is a 3 point threat. J Rich,Nash,Frye,Dudley,Barbosa,dragic. pick your poison. Our bench is playing better then any bench in the league right now. With our center a 3 point threat it draws the opponents center out and Nash has options all over the place. If they were not for real, they would not have given the best teams in the NBA there only loss. On there home court even. Just ask the Lakers after tonight!

JOSKOMANG4
11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Prior to Shaq, the Suns were a High-Tempo Offensive that pretty much averaged in the top 10 in scoring since the arrival of Steve Nash.

Their lineup isn't too shabby btw.

C) Frye
PF) Amare
SF) Hill
SG) J-Rich
PG) Nash

A nice veteran-lead lineup with a young bench.

Now their back to their original ways.. the way things are going right now, the Suns will be.. at most.. a 4th seed in the Western Conference playoff race.

1) Lakers 2) Spurs 3) Nuggets 4) Suns 5) Blazers 6) Mavericks ...

Chronz
11-12-2009, 03:37 PM
I agree with the top part seeming as how I never watched the Suns last season, so I can let that go. But you cannot possibly believe that offense is just as responsible for winning titles as defense is. I can name quite a few teams that had a weak offense that won a championship, but can you name a team that had weak defense that won a ring?
Just as many as you can friend, wanna play?

Chronz
11-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Prior to Shaq, the Suns were a High-Tempo Offensive that pretty much averaged in the top 10 in scoring since the arrival of Steve Nash.

Their lineup isn't too shabby btw.

C) Frye
PF) Amare
SF) Hill
SG) J-Rich
PG) Nash

A nice veteran-lead lineup with a young bench.

Now their back to their original ways.. the way things are going right now, the Suns will be.. at most.. a 4th seed in the Western Conference playoff race.

1) Lakers 2) Spurs 3) Nuggets 4) Suns 5) Blazers 6) Mavericks ...

You mean prior to Porter

thephoenixson28
11-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Your defense wont hold up bro, your best perimeter defender is like 40, Amare is playing inspired D but how much of that is just going up against **** teams?

Whats equally as important is that your offense still has room to grow, Amare will play much better than this. Have you watched a game. Our best perimeter defender is dudley. If you don't know you better ask somebody.

Vidball
11-12-2009, 04:17 PM
I know Suns fans will label me as a hater, but we're just hitting the middle of November and PHX has only played 3 games against teams with winning records. A few people are jumping to some pretty ridiculous conclusions based on the few games that have been played. I think they have a chance to be a playoff team but I really don't think any serious basketball fan is ready to put any money down on them as a team with a shot to win a title. They are looking a lot better with an up-tempo system again, but I'm not convinced they will end the season with more wins then teams like the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, or Blazers. The Suns have a tough December...I'll be surprised if they have a record over .650 or so by the end of 2009.

thephoenixson28
11-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Lakers won't have any problems getting the ball inside to Bynum. Bynum has to guard amare or frye just as much as they need to guard him.

Gibby23
11-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Bynum has to guard amare or frye just as much as they need to guard him.

He will probabbly guard Amare. Odom will guard Frye. Bynum has had good games against Amare in the past, he just takes him to the block and Amare is usually useless down there against a 7 footer.

thapharcyd
11-12-2009, 04:30 PM
I know Suns fans will label me as a hater, but we're just hitting the middle of November and PHX has only played 3 games against teams with winning records. A few people are jumping to some pretty ridiculous conclusions based on the few games that have been played. I think they have a chance to be a playoff team but I really don't think any serious basketball fan is ready to put any money down on them as a team with a shot to win a title. They are looking a lot better with an up-tempo system again, but I'm not convinced they will end the season with more wins then teams like the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, or Blazers. The Suns have a tough December...I'll be surprised if they have a record over .650 or so by the end of 2009.

The Suns played Heat, Magic, Celtics, Wizards, and Sixers... On the road, only lost to Orl, all of those teams will likely finish the season +.500... As will the Hornets and possibly the Clippers... Suns have played more road games then any other team and have the best record... So I think you, sir, are coming to conclusions calling teams "don't have winning records" when they will by season end.

Vidball
11-12-2009, 04:42 PM
The Suns played Heat, Magic, Celtics, Wizards, and Sixers... On the road, only lost to Orl, all of those teams will likely finish the season +.500... As will the Hornets and possibly the Clippers... Suns have played more road games then any other team and have the best record... So I think you, sir, are coming to conclusions calling teams "don't have winning records" when they will by season end.

None of those teams had winning records last season (aside from the Hornets who downgraded with Okafur and have looked horrible so far)...WAS was w/out Jamison & Miller, the Clips w/out Griffin (and on a back-to-back game to start the season)...It goes both ways. Washington sucks without Jamison & Miller, the Hornets are horrible right now, the Sixers don't appear any better than last season with Andre Miller gone, and the Clips are the Clips. By the end of December PHX will have played the Lakers, Cavs, Celtics, and Magic twice each. They'll also play the Spurs, Nuggets, Blazers, and Mavs before the end of the year. That's a much better time to evaluate how much better they are than last season.

thapharcyd
11-12-2009, 04:53 PM
None of those teams had winning records last season (aside from the Hornets who downgraded with Okafur and have looked horrible so far)...WAS was w/out Jamison & Miller, the Clips w/out Griffin (and on a back-to-back game to start the season)...It goes both ways. Washington sucks without Jamison & Miller, the Hornets are horrible right now, the Sixers don't appear any better than last season with Andre Miller gone, and the Clips are the Clips. By the end of December PHX will have played the Lakers, Cavs, Celtics, and Magic twice each. They'll also play the Spurs, Nuggets, Blazers, and Mavs before the end of the year. That's a much better time to evaluate how much better they are than last season.

Good point I agree with that... I honestly would be happy with .650 at that point... I just don't think anyone should downplay what they have done so far... regardless no one expected it and they deserve recognition. To be 5-1 on the road this early in the season and to be Heat and Celtics only loss so far is amazing.

Vidball
11-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Good point I agree with that... I honestly would be happy with .650 at that point... I just don't think anyone should downplay what they have done so far... regardless no one expected it and they deserve recognition. To be 5-1 on the road this early in the season and to be Heat and Celtics only loss so far is amazing.

I agree with that as well...I hope they keep it up. I love watching the Suns play (though I hope they get demolished tonight:))

Raps08-09 Champ
11-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Because they are winning games.

gcoll
11-12-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm excited about the team.

They have played some easy teams, but they've also had a pretty crappy schedule. Had a long road trip already, and this Lakers game tonight will be our 3rd back to back already.

But. We've beaten some hot teams as well. Miami and Boston's one loss, both came against us.

IndyRealist
11-12-2009, 06:22 PM
It's because they haven't traded away their decent role players...yet. I never put it past Phoenix to trade away an Earl Clark or Leandro Barbosa for a bag of peanuts and a second round draft pick.

Chronz
11-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Have you watched a game. Our best perimeter defender is dudley. If you don't know you better ask somebody.
So you think the Suns will have Dudley check Kobe tonight over Hill? Actually Hill might be forced into guarding Artest but Id be shocked if Hill isnt the guy checking Kobe down the stretch of a close game.

thephoenixson28
11-12-2009, 06:30 PM
So you think the Suns will have Dudley check Kobe tonight over Hill? Actually Hill might be forced into guarding Artest but Id be shocked if Hill isnt the guy checking Kobe down the stretch of a close game. I'm pretty sure. I think he will do a good job too. Hill and j-rich will guard him first but dudley will play against him when he comes in I'm sure of it. I just can't wait 5 more hours

SpeedReed
11-12-2009, 06:54 PM
question is: is Channing Frye a MIP candidate?

i know Andrew Bynum's name has been thrown out there. what others around the league could be recognized as MIP's?

Shady66
11-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Yes he is.

Gonna be a tough, good game tonight in LA

AllTheWay
11-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Bynum has to guard amare or frye just as much as they need to guard him.

Bynum usually makes Amare his ***** when they match up. Tonight should be no different.

Bishnoff
11-12-2009, 09:05 PM

What? Hill isn't a good player? Nash is having an awesome season, the team is playing the style they are best suited to, and the bench is contributing more so than it has done in the last 4 seasons. It’s only early and we have hit the ground running, unlike some of the teams we have played.

Bishnoff
11-12-2009, 09:06 PM
question is: is Channing Frye a MIP candidate?

i know Andrew Bynum's name has been thrown out there. what others around the league could be recognized as MIP's?

Only if Frye shoots consistently. He’s on and off so far.

Bishnoff
11-12-2009, 09:08 PM
I agree with that as well...I hope they keep it up. I love watching the Suns play (though I hope they get demolished tonight:))

It has all the hallmarks of a classic Suns-Lakers showdown. I can’t wait for tipoff.

Blackification
11-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Lol at lakers fans and their "all you have to do is pound the ball inside" Yea we saw how well that worked for boston.

LakersOrNothing
11-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Suns playing damn well, I knew the Shaq experience would blow up. Shaq's style w/ Nash + Amare just didn't mix. I'm glad to see the Suns back there, and I strongly believe they will surprise tons of people this yr by making it far into the playoffs. I don't know where, but I will not be surprised one bit!

I would LOVE to see a Suns vs Lakers playoffs again... and hoping Lakers get the best of them this time! :D Hopefully it's the Western Conference Finals :p

Toenail Clipper
11-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Yes he is.

Gonna be a tough, good game tonight in LA

I hope you guys win tonight! :D I really do

Bishnoff
11-12-2009, 09:31 PM
I hope you guys win tonight! :D I really do

Cheers :) Me too!

dodie53
11-12-2009, 09:36 PM
nash is gonna get his 3rd mvp lol

much better if he can win his 1st championship

horry1ur
11-13-2009, 02:16 AM
76 points in the paint. Lol

Lost Art
11-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Not sure, but Kobe and Bynum just ripped the Suns a new one :laugh:

horry1ur
11-13-2009, 02:21 AM
I guess thats 80 points in the paint by the Lakers? lol
Nice putback by Daco
and Nice win by Lakers.

horry1ur
11-13-2009, 02:22 AM

Fixed. :)

AllTheWay
11-13-2009, 02:23 AM
****ing Mbenga!!

And once again, Bynum makes Amare his *****. I really wish the Lakers and Suns would meet in a playoff series so Bynum could do this to him for four straight games.

Lost Art
11-13-2009, 02:24 AM
Fixed. :)

Yeah, too many vodka tonics :drunk:

Where's KG?
11-13-2009, 02:27 AM

Yes yes they did. Totally respect ya just based on your number of posts....but I must question your Sig....Bynum Era?? The Los Angeles Kobe's will always be in the Kobe era till he is gone....

AllTheWay
11-13-2009, 02:29 AM
Yes yes they did. Totally respect ya just based on your number of posts....but I must question your Sig....Bynum Era?? The Los Angeles Kobe's will always be in the Kobe era till he is gone....

He is in love with Bynum.

king4day
11-13-2009, 02:30 AM
No respect from Lakers fans. That's awesome.

Confusion
11-13-2009, 02:32 AM
And the ******* Lakers fans show their faces. No respect.They we're on three days rest, at home, and the Suns played seven of last twelve games. You'll get them back when it's actually fair, regardless don't feed the laker fans that know nothing about basketball. :clap:

Thought I'd add that this is to the LA fans that are saying the Suns suck and know nothing about baseball. (not the true laker fans)

AllTheWay
11-13-2009, 02:32 AM

Earn it?

:shrug:

king4day
11-13-2009, 02:34 AM
Earn it?

:shrug:

Didn't think we earned the baiting and deushbag remarks tonight. This is why everyone hates the Lakers. Their fans. That's it. Not all, just the ones you see tonight.

Lost Art

I've had this sig for two years, its been working for me thus far............so I'm sticking with it...........even though it doesn't really make sense now that we've already won another championship, and we pretty much won it without Bynum. As long as we're winning, I'm keeping it.

AllTheWay
They we're on three days rest, at home, and the Suns played seven of last twelve games. You'll get them back when it's actually fair, regardless don't feed the laker fans that know nothing about basketball. :clap:

Thought I'd add that this is to the LA fans that are saying the Suns suck and know nothing about baseball. (not the true laker fans)

You mean once the Lakers get Pau mother****ing Gasol back?

Ya good luck with that.

And we are barely ten games into the season, back-to-backs don't affect teams at this point in the year.

horry1ur
11-13-2009, 02:35 AM

Good game the Suns just played bad overall.
And goodluck next time when we have Pau Gasol back :)
But this Louis Amusond guy or whatever his name is a a beast haha.

Confusion
11-13-2009, 02:36 AM
You mean once the Lakers get Pau mother****ing Gasol back?

Ya good luck with that.

And we are barely ten games into the season, back-to-backs don't affect teams at this point in the year.I don't feel like arguing with another idiot laker fan, no wonder why everyone hates you. :facepalm:

Let me get the quote a sun fan posted in the Lakers thread.

AllTheWay
Didn't think we earned the baiting and deushbag remarks tonight. This is why everyone hates the Lakers. Their fans. That's it. Not all, just the ones you see tonight.

Revenge is a dish best served cold mah man. Besides, it's an internet forum, what do you expect?

horry1ur

Why so bitter? If you already know how Lakers fans are why bother gaining respect from them. You know they arent going to respect you.

Confusion
11-13-2009, 02:37 AM
Theirs no point n arguing with them, their like a type different species, they dont understand reason lol.

:laugh:

Where's KG?
11-13-2009, 02:38 AM
I've had this sig for two years, its been working for me thus far............so I'm sticking with it...........even though it doesn't really make sense now that we've already won another championship, and we pretty much won it without Bynum. As long as we're winning, I'm keeping it.

With mojo like that I wouldn't mess with it either. I can dig it.

AllTheWay
I don't feel like arguing with another idiot laker fan, no wonder why everyone hates you. :facepalm:

Let me get the quote a sun fan posted in the Lakers thread.

Good argument :)

Still doesn't prove how the Suns will beat the Lakers once Gasol returns. Better luck next time man.

king4day
Good game the Suns just played bad overall.
And goodluck next time when we have Pau Gasol back :)
But this Louis Amusond guy or whatever his name is a a beast haha.

Yea Bynum was the best player out there tonight. He was the reason LA controlled everything on both ends.

Lost Art
11-13-2009, 02:39 AM
I apologize on behalf of all Lakers fans........we are just really psyched on our team, and some of us get a little over excited. Sorry, I know it sucks when your team just lost.......but if the situation was reversed, you'd probably gloat a bit too.

Confusion
11-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Good argument :)

Still doesn't prove how the Suns will beat the Lakers once Gasol returns. Better luck next time man.If I tried I'd probably get someone that would pop into the thread and lay something like this down:

Theirs no point n arguing with them, their like a type different species, they dont understand reason lol.

Confusion
11-13-2009, 02:40 AM
I apologize on behalf of all Lakers fans........we are just really psyched on our team, and some of us get a little over excited. Sorry, I know it sucks when your team just lost.......but if the situation was reversed, you'd probably gloat a bit too.I have no problem with you neither do the other Phoenix fans. Well I'm not a Suns fan but I definitely will defend them before some stupid Laker fans that don't know basketball. :facepalm:

horry1ur
11-13-2009, 02:40 AM
Yea Bynum was the best player out there tonight. He was the reason LA controlled everything on both ends.

Agree.
And ofcourse Kobe did his share too.
But Steve Nash was pretty quiet for the night only something like 5 assists?

AllTheWay
11-13-2009, 02:41 AM
If I tried I'd probably get someone that would pop into the thread and lay something like this down:

No, if you tried you would lose.

Simple as that.

You aren't funny, by the way.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Where's KG?
11-13-2009, 02:43 AM
To all fans here...Lakers fans that won...Suns fans pissed off at Lakers fans....look on the bright side...You could be a Wolves fan like me.....lol We will be lucky to win 8 games by February.

horry1ur
11-13-2009, 02:43 AM
Yeah Im sure if you try to argue with one Laker fan like 20 other Laker fans would start arguing with you so there is no point in arguing with Laker fans.

Confusion
11-13-2009, 02:45 AM
No, if you tried you would lose.

Simple as that.

You aren't funny, by the way.

Just wanted to throw that out there.Alright, let's give it a try. :facepalm:

First off, when the **** was I trying to be funny? I'm laughing at some dude coming in stating that when I started arguing with another idiot person like you trying to know basketball.

You had THREE days rest unlike the Suns which have played seven basketball games in the last ten days. Do you not understand that concept? It's early in the year but that doesn't mean **** when you've played a lot of basketball games in that amount of time. I do realise the Gasol was out of the lineup. Did that hurt the Lakers? Yes it did and it was just like the Suns being extremely tired and not being 100% when it comes to the category of stamina. Do I believe the Lakers a good team? They definitely are, if not top three in the NBA. I really don't have a problem with you either, you are just a little smartass and act like you know more than everyone else apparently.

Let's hear your argument of how I fail.

Confusion
Yeah Im sure if you try to argue with one Laker fan like 20 other Laker fans would start arguing with you so there is no point in arguing with Laker fans.Usually that occurs in the LA forum though.

Duncan = Donkey
bynum just dominated.
amare was embarrasingley bad.
J Rich was working hard to defend Kobe in the post, which i think tired him out too much to have any offensive influence on the game. when Amare and J Rich fo 4-24 from the feild your not going to win.

Pleased with J DUD and Lou's game

horry1ur
11-13-2009, 02:48 AM
Usually that occurs in the LA forum though.

Soon enough this thread will turn into a Laker fan filled thread watch and see it will start saying stuff how "Kobe just dominated" and how "Bynum was so beast" and then all the Kobe and Bynum haters will come and yeah. Basically thats how all the threads on the NBA forum are.

championships
11-13-2009, 02:50 AM
I know it sucks to lose, specially when you were so high on your team. No need to stomp your feet and cry "I hate you guys". LOL at the yankee fans calling Lakers fans annoying.

Duncan = Donkey
11-13-2009, 02:53 AM
wtf are u talkin about^^

desertrat218
11-13-2009, 02:55 AM
I expected this game to be more competitive, Lakers looked like they might be even better than last year. Tomorrow night at Denver looks to be a lot tougher due to the fact it's the 2nd of a back-to-back with the game on the road at a mile high elevation. The season is young, but I certainly like my Lakers chances this year!

Tonight's game is especially sweet for a Laker fan like me that had to move to Arizona and is now surrounded by Laker hater Suns fans.

Confusion
11-13-2009, 02:55 AM
I know it sucks to lose, specially when you were so high on your team. No need to stomp your feet and cry "I hate you guys". LOL at the yankee fans calling Lakers fans annoying.

wtf are u talkin about^^.

championships
11-13-2009, 02:56 AM

Yankee fan ^

Indi23
11-13-2009, 02:56 AM
Agree.
And ofcourse Kobe did his share too.
But Steve Nash was pretty quiet for the night only something like 5 assists?

Agreed man, but you have to look at it this way, the 5 assist came from amares' 2-15 shooting and jrichs 0-5 3point shooitng. What a nasty shooting percentage, uhh i wish the suns play better against the lakers at home,

ARMIN12NBA
11-13-2009, 02:57 AM
Soon enough this thread will turn into a Laker fan filled thread watch and see it will start saying stuff how "Kobe just dominated" and how "Bynum was so beast" and then all the Kobe and Bynum haters will come and yeah. Basically thats how all the threads on the NBA forum are.

Kobe just dominated. Bynum was so beast. :p

J4KOP99
11-13-2009, 02:59 AM
I thought Nash and the Suns learned that you cannot stricly rely on the 3 pointer and a run 'n gun offense. Until they learn to play defense(that's you Amar'e) they will not do anything in the playoffs.

Yes they played 7 out of the last 10 days and were on the second half of a back-to-back but... The lakers, from the beginning, pounded it inside and shut them down. Richardson was too busy gaurding Kobe in the post that he could not get out on the fast break. The Lakers shot very efficiently, another reason the Suns fastbreak was bad tonight. Nash had a lot of trouble getting out in the open and his team was not spreading the floor which leads right into the Lakers strategy.

When you get down to it, the Lakers beat down the Suns. It was never a game and I don't care how many days off the Lakers had compared to the Suns...Lakers fans are overreacting about this win just like other fans are overreacting about the Suns start to the season.

I learned one thing tonight...the Suns have not changed their style of play from what they were 4 years ago. The only problem...they are all 4 years older and not able to do what they once did.(even though it didn't even work then)

AllTheWay
Alright, let's give it a try. :facepalm:

First off, when the **** was I trying to be funny? I'm laughing at some dude coming in stating that when I started arguing with another idiot person like you trying to know basketball.

You had THREE days rest unlike the Suns which have played seven basketball games in the last ten days. Do you not understand that concept? It's early in the year but that doesn't mean **** when you've played a lot of basketball games in that amount of time. I do realise the Gasol was out of the lineup. Did that hurt the Lakers? Yes it did and it was just like the Suns beingC. Do I believe the Lakers a good team? They definitely are, if not top three in the NBA. I really don't have a problem with you either, you are just a little smartass and act like you know more than everyone else apparently.

Oh you definitely were trying to be funny and are now just trying to wave it off, since it was not funny. At all.

Anyways.

These guys are professionals. They have pretty good conditioning. A back to back this early in the season does not affect a team. In March, sure, why the hell not use it as an excuse, but the tenth game? Yeah, good luck with that one man.

And your own little argument of the Lakers 3 days off works against you. Rust could have easily developed over those games, coupled with the return of Bynum, who would have to adjust to his teammates again. The potential for sloppiness there early in the season is a hell of a lot more probable than a team being tired ten games into the season. A high school team could get through that without being "extremely tired".

Anywhosers, enough about that. The Lakers sheer size, coupled with Kobe muther****ing Bryant, is what has proved to be too much for the Suns in recent years, and the same held true today. Bynum owns Amare everytime they meet up, and that will continue. You add Pau Gasol, the Lakers second best player and a top 20 player in the league, and no, the Suns do not have a greater chance to best the Lakers this season. Barring other injuries and setbacks, this was likely their best shot at winning a game against the P&G.

Like I said, you would lose.

You should not have even tried.

horry1ur
Here comes the haters! haha.

gcoll
11-13-2009, 03:00 AM
I was actually kind of expecting that. Suns struggle on back to backs. (Both our losses this year are on the second games of back to backs, and each game was pretty similar)

The Lakers are a great team. You gotta come in firing to beat them. It doesn't help when you've had 4 games in 5 days, and they're on 3 days rest. And it's in their building.

The writing was on the wall. I knew it, but didn't want to accept it. So I maintained optimism....but. Oh well.

And goodluck next time when we have Pau Gasol back
lol. We'll have Robin mother ****ing Lopez back. GAME OVER!

before I get flamed for that. yes I'm kidding.

But the next Lakers/Suns game is another back to back for the Suns in the Staples Center. I expect a somewhat similar result.

A back to back this early in the season does not affect a team.
4 games in 5 days wears you out, no matter what point it is in the season. Especially when the other team has had 3 days off, and hasn't even really gone on the road yet. Come on.

The Lakers were the much fresher team, and it showed. Not saying the Suns would have won had they had some rest, but I think they wouldn't have looked as lethargic.

ARMIN12NBA
11-13-2009, 03:01 AM
The Lakers are 10x better than this Suns team who is going to fall back down to Earth soon.

BTW--Lakers are 7-1 while not having Pau Gasol for a single minute this entire season.

Indi23
11-13-2009, 03:01 AM
As a suns fan, i'd just like to say. We lost They won, Suns fans dont gotta act like its the end of the world and lakers fans....

championships
11-13-2009, 03:02 AM
Here comes the haters! haha.

don't worry I'm ready:box:

horry1ur
11-13-2009, 03:02 AM
Agreed man, but you have to look at it this way, the 5 assist came from amares' 2-15 shooting and jrichs 0-5 3point shooitng. What a nasty shooting percentage, uhh i wish the suns play better against the lakers at home,

All the Suns can do is learn from this game and do better next game I hope the next game is more competitive.

evadatam5150
11-13-2009, 03:04 AM
Alright, let's give it a try. :facepalm:

You had THREE days rest unlike the Suns which have played seven basketball games in the last ten days. Do you not understand that concept? It's early in the year but that doesn't mean **** when you've played a lot of basketball games in that amount of time. I do realise the Gasol was out of the lineup. Did that hurt the Lakers? Yes it did and it was just like the Suns being extremely tired and not being 100% when it comes to the category of stamina. Do I believe the Lakers a good team? They definitely are, if not top three in the NBA. I really don't have a problem with you either, you are just a little smartass and act like you know more than everyone else apparently.

listen, not attempting to start anything or back anyone but the fact is that the Lakers are just a better team and the Suns simply don't match up will with them.. Say what you want, bring all the stats and crazy talk about tired legs and everything else, the Lakers are a better team on 4 days rest or back to back nights.. Any team in this league can beat the Lakers on any given night.. It;s just the nature of the game.. But at this point you're just making excuses for the sake of making excuses.. The season is full of games where rested teams have to play teams on long road trips and back to back nights.. this isn't abnormal and simply sounds like an excuse and nothing more..

Confusion
11-13-2009, 03:05 AM
Oh you definitely were trying to be funny and are now just trying to wave it off, since it was not funny. At all.

Anyways.

These guys are professionals. They have pretty good conditioning. A back to back this early in the season does not affect a team. In March, sure, why the hell not use it as an excuse, but the tenth game? Yeah, good luck with that one man.

And your own little argument of the Lakers 3 days off works against you. Rust could have easily developed over those games, coupled with the return of Bynum, who would have to adjust to his teammates again. The potential for sloppiness there early in the season is a hell of a lot more probable than a team being tired ten games into the season. A high school team could get through that without being "extremely tired".

Anywhosers, enough about that. The Lakers sheer size, coupled with Kobe muther****ing Bryant, is what has proved to be too much for the Suns in recent years, and the same held true today. Bynum owns Amare everytime they meet up, and that will continue. You add Pau Gasol, the Lakers second best player and a top 20 player in the league, and no, the Suns do not have a greater chance to best the Lakers this season. Barring other injuries and setbacks, this was likely their best shot at winning a game against the P&G.

Like I said, you would lose.

You should not have even tried.Here's an example of another idiot Laker fan. I'll go ahead and leave the thread now since a bunch more will come in. I thought "AllTheWay" had some sort of knowledge when he first responded to me but I was completely wrong. What a ****ing idiot.

Anyway, I've already stated on why the Lakers won so badly and it's to bad that some of the fans can't agree with it and understand that it would have been a better game if say a team like the Suns also had a 3-day game rest. Apparently that's to hard for some people to understand and nowhere in my post did I state even if that we're to happen that the Lakers wouldn't win the damn game. These stupid fans piss me off and I'm going to laugh even more when my Nuggets beat the **** out of the Lakers tomorrow night. Good luck with that.

Oh and once again to the idiot laker fans(not the good ones who understand basketball in and out):

GHGHCP
11-13-2009, 03:05 AM
Kobe just dominated.

Bynum was so beast.

I'm curious, did Sun fans expect humility from a hated rival fans when said rival is battling for the best record in the West? This stigma that Laker fans have is somewhat unfair. The Lakers are like the Yankees of basketball, hated by everyone, especially by western rivals. It is no surprise most will get defensive or excited when given the chance.

In short, spare me the martyr bull. Most of the Sun fans and other heated rivals would be all over the Laker fans if the Lakers got equally blown out tonight.

Confusion
11-13-2009, 03:06 AM
listen, not attempting to start anything or back anyone but the fact is that the Lakers are just a better team and the Suns simply don't match up will with them.. Say what you want, bring all the stats and crazy talk about tired legs and everything else, the Lakers are a better team on 4 days rest or back to back nights.. Any team in this league can beat the Lakers on any given night.. It;s just the nature of the game.. But at this point you're just making excuses for the sake of making excuses.. The season is full of games where rested teams have to play teams on long road trips and back to back nights.. this isn't abnormal and simply sounds like an excuse and nothing more..As said, I never stated the Suns we're a better team nor did I state the Suns would have won the game with rest. Infact I stated the Lakers we're a good team but to many idiot fans get butthurt. I understand where you are coming from, here's an example of someone with knowledge.

Going to leave the thread now as my first reply was good enough, don't feel like continuing to argue with more idiot fans.

Duncan = Donkey
11-13-2009, 03:08 AM
Kobe just dominated. Bynum was so beast. :p

wow, great sense of humour

horry1ur
11-13-2009, 03:09 AM
Bottomline:Lakers dominated
Suns sucked.
/ thread ?

AllTheWay
11-13-2009, 03:09 AM
Here's an example of another idiot Laker fan. I'll go ahead and leave the thread now since a bunch more will come in. I thought "AllTheWay" had some sort of knowledge when he first responded to me but I was completely wrong. What a ****ing idiot.

Anyway, I've already stated on why the Lakers won so badly and it's to bad that some of the fans can't agree with it and understand that it would have been a better game if say a team like the Suns also had a 3-day game rest. Apparently that's to hard for some people to understand and nowhere in my post did I state even if that we're to happen that the Lakers wouldn't win the damn game. These stupid fans piss me off and I'm going to laugh even more when my Nuggets beat the **** out of the Lakers tomorrow night. Good luck with that.

Oh and once again to the idiot laker fans(not the good ones who understand basketball in and out):

Ahahahaha.

I win.

You can't even muster an argument, so you go to the he's an idiot mode.

Ad hominem

Oh! Oh! so if the Lakers lose could I say it was because of back to back right? Right!?

RIGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTT??????????!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

If that is too complicated for your wee brain to comprehend, if you are stupid don't call other people stupid.

;Danks

ARMIN12NBA
11-13-2009, 03:10 AM
wow, great sense of humour

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Duncan = Donkey
11-13-2009, 03:11 AM
listen, not attempting to start anything or back anyone but the fact is that the Lakers are just a better team and the Suns simply don't match up will with them.. Say what you want, bring all the stats and crazy talk about tired legs and everything else, the Lakers are a better team on 4 days rest or back to back nights.. Any team in this league can beat the Lakers on any given night.. It;s just the nature of the game.. But at this point you're just making excuses for the sake of making excuses.. The season is full of games where rested teams have to play teams on long road trips and back to back nights.. this isn't abnormal and simply sounds like an excuse and nothing more..

this post i dont get, not one sun fan im telling you , not a single sun fan in the suns forum belives the suns are better than the lakers.

gcoll
11-13-2009, 03:12 AM
Oh! Oh! so if the Lakers lose could I say it was because of back to back right? Right!?
If the Lakers come out, and look worse than they have at any point in the season....you might look for some type of explanation, yes.

But again. It's not just the back to back. 4 games. 5 days. 1 at home. It's a difficult swing, especially when you end it with the Lakers. It has the potential to get ugly, and it did.

Do I think the Suns are better than the Lakers? No. Not at this point. Lakers are bigger, and better. Do I think the Suns are better than they showed tonight? Absolutely. The last time they looked this bad was against Orlando....and lo and behold, that was also a back to back.

So an active mind makes a connection and thinks "perhaps there's something there". And a person who has observed the Suns for the past couple years, may have made this same observation in a previous year.....

GHGHCP
11-13-2009, 03:12 AM
Ad hominem

Shhhh, you're not supposed to point out debating flaws as a Lakers fan. We are teh dumb, remember?

iluvsports2much
11-13-2009, 03:14 AM
after tonites game,i honestly think they are a legit team...lakers got off easy,the suns missed sooo many layups and wide open shots,if they knocked down half of those easy shots then it woulda been a game..i think they a playoff team,maybe 4th or 5th seed

AllTheWay
11-13-2009, 03:14 AM
If the Lakers come out, and look worse than they have at any point in the season....you might look for some type of explanation, yes.

But again. It's not just the back to back. 4 games. 5 days. 1 at home. It's a difficult swing, especially when you end it with the Lakers. It has the potential to get ugly, and it did.

Do I think the Suns are better than the Lakers? No. Not at this point. Lakers are bigger, and better. Do I think the Suns are better than they showed tonight? Absolutely. The last time they looked this bad was against Orlando....and lo and behold, that was also a back to back.

So an active mind makes a connection and thinks "perhaps there's something there". And a person who has observed the Suns for the past couple years, may have made this same observation in a previous year.....

I am actually not trying to **** on the Suns right now, I am only overdoing it because it amuses me how confusion can't muster up an argument. I know the Suns are better than they showed tonight.

Duncan = Donkey
11-13-2009, 03:16 AM
we are a playoff team no doubt, 5th seed is easily possible, but we arnt a contender cause we have no one who can guard big C's like bynum

ARMIN12NBA
11-13-2009, 03:18 AM
we are a playoff team no doubt, 5th seed is easily possible, but we arnt a contender cause we have no one who can guard big C's like bynum

The Suns have no one they can guard period.

AllTheWay
Shhhh, you're not supposed to point out debating flaws as a Lakers fan. We are teh dumb, remember?

:hide:

Sowyz, iz be goinz bag indo mah lilz dum hut

gcoll

And so, Robin Lopez becomes a key piece of the puzzle for the Suns.

May God help us all.

thephoenixson28
That's why you *****es didn't get no tacos

Duncan = Donkey
11-13-2009, 03:20 AM
The Suns have no one they can guard period.

seriousley wtf is your problem??

Lost Art
11-13-2009, 03:21 AM
And so, Robin Lopez becomes a key piece of the puzzle for the Suns.

May God help us all.

I hear what you're saying about being undersized............but do you really think Lopez would've helped?

AllTheWay
11-13-2009, 03:21 AM
That's why you *****es didn't get no tacos

Ahaha this made me LOL.

Its awesome cheering for tacos after a blowout.

gcoll
11-13-2009, 03:22 AM
I hear what you're saying about being undersized............but do you really think Lopez would've helped?
He couldn't hurt.

Come in, pick up 3 quick fouls. At least he could have reached the ball when Bynum was holding it over his head.

I was actually making fun of Lopez though. He is the only guy on our roster who could feasibly guard the other team's center, and he's a bit of a train wreck on the court. Hence my "May God help us all"

AllTheWay
11-13-2009, 03:23 AM

Um, he is Robin ****ing Lopez.

This is like asking if Moses could have helped the parting of the Red Sea.

I am disappointed in my fellow laker fan.

ARMIN12NBA
11-13-2009, 03:25 AM
seriousley wtf is your problem??

Nothing. Look up and down that roster. Barely any defense can be found whatsoever. Amare and Nash are dreadful. Richardson is below average, but can be average at times. Hill is OK, but is getting old and his speed and strength lacks big time for the elite small forwards (Lebron, Carmelo, Pierce, Granger, etc.). Frye is below average too.

Like I said, barely anyone on the Suns can play defense. They will and should rely on their high octane offense. It should guarantee them a decent record, exciting play, and a first round exit.

gcoll
11-13-2009, 03:26 AM
It should guarantee them a decent record, exciting play, and a first round exit.
Comments like this, will only make it sweeter if we go far in the playoffs.

People pretending basketball is a science have always irked me.

Duncan = Donkey
11-13-2009, 03:30 AM
Nothing. Look up and down that roster. Barely any defense can be found whatsoever. Amare and Nash are dreadful. Richardson is below average, but can be average at times. Hill is OK, but is getting old and his speed and strength lacks big time for the elite small forwards (Lebron, Carmelo, Pierce, Granger, etc.). Frye is below average too.

Like I said, no one on the Suns can play defense. They will and should rely on their high octane offense. It should guarantee them a decent record, exciting play, and a first round exit.

dudley, hill, dragic, clark and amundson are all very capable defenders.
Dudley and Clark being the best

thephoenixson28
11-13-2009, 03:32 AM

People pretending basketball is a science have always irked me. Especially against the lakers.

JPHX
11-13-2009, 03:35 AM

people who dont watch the suns often will not accept the fact that phoenix has vastly improved defenively. and it didnt help that we didnt display that on national tv against LA.

ARMIN12NBA
11-13-2009, 03:38 AM

People pretending basketball is a science have always irked me.

Good thing the Suns aren't going far in the playoffs (at least what is far to my standards, which is at least Game 6 of the WCF).

iluvsports2much
11-13-2009, 03:39 AM

kobe raped dudley tonite....jus sayin

ARMIN12NBA
11-13-2009, 03:39 AM

Dudley is decent at best, but he even gets burned way too often. I already discussed Hill. Dragic...Clark...Almundson is a energetic guy, but not much of a defender.

gcoll
11-13-2009, 03:41 AM
Good thing the Suns aren't going far in the playoffs (at least what is far to my standards, which is at least Game 6 of the WCF).

So you shift the goal posts. You first say that they get knocked out in the first round, now you set the goalposts at the WCF. I'd consider making it to the WCF pretty deep in the playoffs. You're one of 4 teams left....

ARMIN12NBA
11-13-2009, 03:44 AM
So you shift the goal posts. You first say that they get knocked out in the first round, now you set the goalposts at the WCF. I'd consider making it to the WCF pretty deep in the playoffs. You're one of 4 teams left....

Not really. I was simply explaining what I consider far because if the Suns somehow miraculously make it to the 2nd round, I don't want to be hearing: "OMG. We went far in the playoffs." I am simply telling you what my standards for far in the playoffs are.

gcoll
11-13-2009, 03:45 AM
if the Suns somehow miraculously make it to the 2nd round
What seed do you have us getting, and who is knocking us out so quickly?

I am simply telling you what my standards for far in the playoffs are.
Noted.

desertrat218
11-13-2009, 03:52 AM
The season is far too early to know for sure how good the Suns are. Lakers are defending champs and improved their roster, Suns missed the playoffs last year and also improved their roster. Time will tell.

Punkindrublic03
11-13-2009, 03:53 AM
People need to realize that both of the Suns losses this season have been on the tail end of back to backs. One against the Eastern Conference Champs ORLANDO MAGIC, and the other against the LOS ANGELES LAKERS. both of those losses on the road.

Suns played like crapola in both of those games. It happens. Just like Orlando getting blasted by Detroit, and the Lakers getting embarrased at home against the Dallas.

People still don't want to give the Suns any respect, that's fine. But if this squad stays healthy, they are gonna blast some teams in the playoffs.

ARMIN12NBA
11-13-2009, 03:55 AM
What seed do you have us getting, and who is knocking us out so quickly?

Too early to tell IMO. Right now, I definitely see them more as fools gold than legit though. After 20 games into the season, we will all get a much better picture of the tiers in the NBA for this season.

gcoll
11-13-2009, 03:59 AM
Too early to tell IMO. Right now, I definitely see them more as fools gold than legit though. After 20 games into the season, we will all get a much better picture of the tiers in the NBA for this season.
And if the Suns still maintain a top tier record?

evadatam5150
11-13-2009, 04:00 AM
Here's an example of another idiot Laker fan. I'll go ahead and leave the thread now since a bunch more will come in. I thought "AllTheWay" had some sort of knowledge when he first responded to me but I was completely wrong. What a ****ing idiot.

You're acting like a petulant little child who just got his ball taken away.. the lakers may lose tomorrow night but I doubt you will hear any Laker fan cry about having to travel on a back to back night and that's why they lost.. If they lose then it's because they Nuggets beat them.. Period.. I don't know how that's unreasonable but yes, a time out from this thread and your own personal confusion sounds like exactly what you might be needing..

ARMIN12NBA
11-13-2009, 04:01 AM
And if the Suns still maintain a top tier record?

If they maintain a top tier record, but still play with a high emphasis on offense and no emphasis on defense, then they are NOT going to win in the playoffs (a la 2005-2008).

gcoll
11-13-2009, 04:03 AM
If they maintain a top tier record, but still play with a high emphasis on offense and no emphasis on defense, then they are NOT going to win in the playoffs (a la 2005-2008).
Oh yeah. When we were only the second best team in the NBA.

Such a ridiculous notion. Apparently, if you only focus on offense, you can be better than every single team except for one. That one being the Spurs...who we still gave a run. Absurd.

Punkindrublic03
11-13-2009, 04:10 AM

You are an idiot. The Suns had great teams and advanced far in the playoffs those years. How can you be so ignorant? The Suns didn't win a title or make the finals, but they were a beast in the playoffs. Don't you remember the Lakers getting blasted in the first round over and over by the Suns?

ARMIN12NBA
11-13-2009, 04:16 AM
You are an idiot. The Suns had great teams and advanced far in the playoffs those years. How can you be so ignorant? The Suns didn't win a title or make the finals, but they were a beast in the playoffs. Don't you remember the Lakers getting blasted in the first round over and over by the Suns?

Those Suns teams were still better offensively by miles.

Essentially, this is a much weaker Suns team that is possibly even worse defensively. They do parallel the 2005-2008 Suns in style, but are much worse.

Recipe for disaster.

BTW--I remember I had this same argument with Suns fans last year...They were like, Amare is going to be MVP. Shaq is going to be dominant. Nash is going to be amazing. I said they would be 8th seed at best...And it turned out even I was being overly optimistic. :laugh:

Kevj77
11-13-2009, 04:28 AM
They are better without Shaq. He didn't fit their style. They still don't play playoff basketball. Teams that have size and play defense will crush them in a 7 game series. The best team right now is the Celtics. The Lakers are the best in the west still 7-1 without Pau is very good. The Nuggests are probably the seond best team in the west.

They couldn't beat the Lakers, Nuggets or Spurs in a series, but I think they will get out of the first round.

8-1 was a good start, but does anyone expect them to keep that up? If they did they would win 70 games. Come on.

gcoll
11-13-2009, 04:28 AM
Essentially, this is a much weaker Suns team that is possibly even worse defensively. They do parallel the 2005-2008 Suns in style, but are much worse.
So, it's not too early anymore?

Be consistent.

The best eam right now is the Celtics.
Only one game I know, but we did beat them. Put up 110 on 'em in their building. Just sayin.

Punkindrublic03
11-13-2009, 04:30 AM
Those Suns teams were still better offensively by miles.

Recipe for disaster.

BTW--I remember I had this same argument with Suns fans last year...They were like, Amare is going to be MVP. Shaq is going to be dominant. Nash is going to be amazing. I said they would be 8th seed at best...And it turned out even I was being overly optimistic. :laugh:

Essentially, your a lakers fan hating on the Suns. Was the Suns team that was a game away from the Finals a recipe for disaster? If the league hadn't suspended Diaw and Amare, Suns would have been headed to the finals. If you are going to argue try to avoid making stupid *** ignorant statements that make your entire fanbase look moronic.

ARMIN12NBA
11-13-2009, 04:39 AM
So, it's not too early anymore?

Be consistent.

It's too early to predict records and standings because, ultimately there are 15 teams in each conference.

One thing I do know (and you know, even as a Suns fan) is that this squad is nowhere near as good as the squads from 2005-2008 offensively and yet this 2010 squad is trying to rely on that same type of offensive firepower that made the previous teams great. That simply will not work especially when their defense is worse (and I can make that inference this early because I am noting that from the fact of a) early observations, b) Bell, Marion, and Thomas are gone).

ARMIN12NBA
11-13-2009, 04:39 AM
Essentially, your a lakers fan hating on the Suns. Was the Suns team that was a game away from the Finals a recipe for disaster? If the league hadn't suspended Diaw and Amare, Suns would have been headed to the finals. If you are going to argue try to avoid making stupid *** ignorant statements that make your entire fanbase look moronic.

I said the current team is a recipe for disaster. Not the old team. Read my posts before responding to them, please.

gcoll
11-13-2009, 04:41 AM
for the record, we were never a game away from the finals.

We got to game 6 a couple times...I think. And that suspension game, we were leading the whole game. But...not enough man power. One of the big flaws of all those Suns teams was the lack of a bench. This Suns team looks like it has the makings of a solid bench.

And again. We've had ****** luck. The first year Joe Johnson went down with an injury for the WCF.

Second year. Amare out the whole year. And when one of our big guys go down, nobody steps in to give us a power forward for virtually nothing.

Third year. The suspensions + game 1, Nash's nose bleed.

gcoll
11-13-2009, 04:44 AM
One thing I do know (and you know, even as a Suns fan) is that this squad is nowhere near as good as the squads from 2005-2008 offensively
They have the chance to be.

They're averaging near 112 a game. We got Nash, J-Rich, Barbosa, Frye, Dudley, Dragic who can all shoot the three ball. Amare has been in a funk offensively. If he can come out of that...we're legit. Nash already has two twenty assist games on the season. Put up 110 on the Celtics, when they had yet to give up over 90.

I said the current team is a recipe for disaster. Not the old team
He asked you if you thought the old teams were a recipe for disaster as well.

DCB/LAL
11-13-2009, 07:18 AM
Oh yeah. When we were only the second best team in the NBA.

Such a ridiculous notion. Apparently, if you only focus on offense, you can be better than every single team except for one. That one being the Spurs...who we still gave a run. Absurd.

Second best team or not it got you NOTHING!!

Sadly for the SUNS come playoff time they will have to face teams who can play D and Teams who can score just as much as them just as the Lakers did today. So unless they show they can play D consistantly I wont take them seriously and honestly dont see them being much of a threat come playoff time. They need to learn to play D cause teams like LAL, DEN, even SAS and DAL can outscore them Difference is those teams have showed in the past they can play some D.

They gave up 121 to a PAU GASOL-less team given LA is a very talented team and have plenty of scorers lets not forget the TEAM you will be facing in the PLAYOFFS if your LUCKY enough will be a Los Angeles Lakers team WITH PAU GASOL.

DodgerorLaker?
11-13-2009, 08:20 AM
That game was close! LOL..........Like I said the Suns would get exposed.They kill even without Gasol,just give them the title now.

lakersfan211
11-13-2009, 09:20 AM
I think phoenix may win 50 games but as we saw last night they dont belong with the top teams in the nba , yeah they beat boston in boston but i think the celtics overlooked them .

Confusion
11-13-2009, 11:22 AM
You're acting like a petulant little child who just got his ball taken away.. the lakers may lose tomorrow night but I doubt you will hear any Laker fan cry about having to travel on a back to back night and that's why they lost.. If they lose then it's because they Nuggets beat them.. Period.. I don't know how that's unreasonable but yes, a time out from this thread and your own personal confusion sounds like exactly what you might be needing..They aren't just coming from a back to back game though, I don't understand how many times I have to say that. Seven out of ten days we're games for them where as LA had three days rest coming in. I never said the Suns would win the game I just said it would have been a better game to watch if the Suns didn't have that many games played recently. I don't understand why I get flamed for that comment. No where in my post did I state the Lakers would lose, I stated it would have been a better game.

G-Funk
11-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Dang I knew that ppl where going to look for an excuse, teams also don't play with too much energy when they take long rest like the Lakers did.

king4day
11-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Revenge is a dish best served cold mah man. Besides, it's an internet forum, what do you expect?

Revenge for what?
That's like saying the Celtics avenged losses to the Nets in the playoffs earlier in the decade once they got KG and Allen.

Completely different teams.

king4day
11-13-2009, 11:47 AM

It's not crying about a loss.
It's having the same LA fans who disappear when their team is crushed in the finals 2 years ago, coming in and gloating behind a win.
You can tell someones age by some of the comments made in here.

king4day
11-13-2009, 11:50 AM
I thought Nash and the Suns learned that you cannot stricly rely on the 3 pointer and a run 'n gun offense. Until they learn to play defense(that's you Amar'e) they will not do anything in the playoffs.

Yes they played 7 out of the last 10 days and were on the second half of a back-to-back but... The lakers, from the beginning, pounded it inside and shut them down. Richardson was too busy gaurding Kobe in the post that he could not get out on the fast break. The Lakers shot very efficiently, another reason the Suns fastbreak was bad tonight. Nash had a lot of trouble getting out in the open and his team was not spreading the floor which leads right into the Lakers strategy.

When you get down to it, the Lakers beat down the Suns. It was never a game and I don't care how many days off the Lakers had compared to the Suns...Lakers fans are overreacting about this win just like other fans are overreacting about the Suns start to the season.

I learned one thing tonight...the Suns have not changed their style of play from what they were 4 years ago. The only problem...they are all 4 years older and not able to do what they once did.(even though it didn't even work then)

Please watch the Suns play more than one game against LA before trying to judge them like you know all about the team.
Defense won us a lot of games this year.

DodgerorLaker?
11-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Is it me or do the Suns look like the Suns of old before Shaq came? LOL,the Diesel leaves and now there back to their old ways (Jacking up 3's playing no defense)

DodgerorLaker?
11-13-2009, 11:52 AM
It's not crying about a loss.
It's having the same LA fans who disappear when their team is crushed in the finals 2 years ago, coming in and gloating behind a win.
You can tell someones age by some of the comments made in here.

Yanks fans do the SAMETHING ON HERE! TRUST ME! I'm not saying the Lakers fans don't cause some do! but that comes with the the being the best 2 franchises in both sports right now or at least in the last 10+ yrs! a lot of bandwagon jerks.

king4day
11-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Kobe just dominated.

Bynum was so beast.

I'm curious, did Sun fans expect humility from a hated rival fans when said rival is battling for the best record in the West? This stigma that Laker fans have is somewhat unfair. The Lakers are like the Yankees of basketball, hated by everyone, especially by western rivals. It is no surprise most will get defensive or excited when given the chance.

In short, spare me the martyr bull. Most of the Sun fans and other heated rivals would be all over the Laker fans if the Lakers got equally blown out tonight.

You clearly haven't been on this site long enough to know this isn't true.

DodgerorLaker?
11-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Please watch the Suns play more than one game against LA before trying to judge them like you know all about the team.
Defense won us a lot of games this year.

Won a lot of games this year? were 10 games into the season......but yeah im sorry when have the Suns ever played defense? They don't.This team will struggle with defense ALL SEASON.Amare refuses to play D and that right there will kill you!

DodgerorLaker?
11-13-2009, 11:56 AM
You clearly haven't been on this site long enough to know this isn't true.

By the way you have teams ALL OVER THE MAP!

N.Y
Phoenix
Pitt
New Orleans

Come on.............by the way your quote that the Suns are the Saints of football is a joke! New Orleans is tough and legit Super Bowl contenders the Suns will be lucky to get the #8 seed in the playoffs.

king4day
11-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Won a lot of games this year? were 10 games into the season......but yeah im sorry when have the Suns ever played defense? They don't.This team will struggle with defense ALL SEASON.Amare refuses to play D and that right there will kill you!

We've won 8 of the 10.
To say Amar'e refuses to play D confirms what I said before. You have to watch the team to understand.
He's probably having his best defensive year in the league.
Those who don't follow may not see it, but those who watch every single game recognize it.

king4day
11-13-2009, 11:59 AM
By the way you have teams ALL OVER THE MAP!

N.Y
Phoenix
Pitt
New Orleans

Come on.............

Your point?

DodgerorLaker?
11-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Your point?

That your about 11 or 12 yrs old?

king4day
11-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Come on.............by the way your quote that the Suns are the Saints of football is a joke! New Orleans is tough and legit Super Bowl contenders the Suns will be lucky to get the #8 seed in the playoffs.

High Octane offense....geez man, you're really reaching.

king4day
11-13-2009, 12:18 PM
That your about 11 or 12 yrs old?

Just to clarify, I like 4 teams from different parts of the US, and that makes me 11 or 12.... got it...

Thanks I guess.

thephoenixson28
11-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Dang I knew that ppl where going to look for an excuse, teams also don't play with too much energy when they take long rest like the Lakers did. If you would've lost every laker fans would've been saying " its cuz we didn't have gasol" you know coming from 2 back to backs could have affected us. But whatever if we had a schedule like yours it would have been a different story.

RaiderLakersA's
11-13-2009, 12:35 PM
It's just November, which means both teams probably saw it as a chance to test the horses and see what they've got under the hood. The fans, of course, will make much more of it than necessary. (Just as so many Phoenix fans saw a "W" against the Celtics as a sign that they have somehow arrived.) That's normal.

It's clear that Phoenix is going back to their running style. During the break Gentry even scolded his team for not getting any fouls called against the Lakers as a result of Phoenix setting proper screens, picks and rolls. Someone mentioned earlier that Phoenix is playing better defense, and perhaps they are, but I don't get a sense of that being their primary focus. I didn't hear all of Gentry's half-time comments, but judging by their play, I don't think he admonished the team to keep the Lakers from scoring in the paint.

But like I said, it's early in the season, perhaps a strong defense will become part of their greater philosophy and team identity.

Raph12
11-13-2009, 01:01 PM
If you would've lost every laker fans would've been saying " its cuz we didn't have gasol" you know coming from 2 back to backs could have affected us. But whatever if we had a schedule like yours it would have been a different story.

You know what the two losses Phoenix has are against the Lakers and Magic, sure both were undermanned (Lakers didn't have Gasol, Magic didn't have Carter, Lewis and Anderson); but it's not that big of a hit when you consider that the only teams the Suns lost to, made it to the Finals last season.

thephoenixson28
11-13-2009, 01:13 PM
You know what the two losses Phoenix has are against the Lakers and Magic, sure both were undermanned (Lakers didn't have Gasol, Magic didn't have Carter, Lewis and Anderson); but it's not that big of a hit when you consider that the only teams the Suns lost to, made it to the Finals last season. And Guess what both were back to back. We didn't have barbosa in that game either for orlando.

mrtrey1992
11-13-2009, 01:23 PM
suns is a top 5 team

Raph12
11-13-2009, 01:32 PM
And Guess what both were back to back. We didn't have barbosa in that game either for orlando.

Well there you go, I called it before the season began... "you will see a rejuvenated Suns squad in 2010 now that Shaq has been shipped out"

thephoenixson28
11-13-2009, 01:42 PM
suns is a top 5 team See this is what I'm talking about. This is respect at least this guy knows what's up. To call us a 8th seed in the playoffs is crazy. When you have teams like hornets,spurs,mavs,utah,and denver struggling this early in this season. What makes you think they are not a top 5 team

RaiderLakersA's
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Well there you go, I called it before the season began... "you will see a rejuvenated Suns squad in 2010 now that Shaq has been shipped out"

I wonder if it's a case of rejuvenation, or if the players realize that it's time to put up and shut up, or get blown up? If they can't get a title playing the new-old way, what then?

thephoenixson28
11-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Well there you go, I called it before the season began... "you will see a rejuvenated Suns squad in 2010 now that Shaq has been shipped out" Yeah its difficult especially how our schedule is setup. Already 3 back to backs. 7 games in 10 nights. Not to mention the 2nd games of back to backs were against the 2 teams that made it to the finals.2 back to backs in a row. I think stern hates the suns. The gorilla probably had sex with his wife.

Raph12
11-13-2009, 01:47 PM
I wonder if it's a case of rejuvenation, or if the players realize that it's time to put up and shut up, or get blown up? If they can't get a title playing the new-old way, what then?

Oh I don't think they can win, but I do think they will fare quite a bit better than last season, to say the least.

Lakers-Celtics Finals, 2008 rematch IMO; unless the Magic can mesh on both ends, then Lakers-Magic Finals, 2009 rematch.

Response to bold: It's kind of the same thing is it not?

G-Funk
11-13-2009, 02:48 PM

I remember the Lakers also had, Atkins, Smush, Luke, Cook, Kwame. I can also recall the last time the Suns made the Finals.

RaiderLakersA's
11-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Yeah its difficult especially how our schedule is setup. Already 3 back to backs. 7 games in 10 nights. Not to mention the 2nd games of back to backs were against the 2 teams that made it to the finals.2 back to backs in a row. I think stern hates the suns.

Let's not do this. The schedule is what it is. During an 80+ game season, the schedule won't determine your team's success. It's not like this is football.

fresh prince
11-13-2009, 02:59 PM
I Love Steve Nash's game but this quote from him after last nights game epitomizes why the Suns are not a contender.. Kobe. KG.. Pierce would never make excuses for losses like this!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AtwTll_FUcouiXJ8hVj.S_s5nYcB?gid=200911 1213&prov=ap

“We knew (this game) was a great test for us,” Nash said. “Unfortunately, we just didn’t have the legs tonight to give them a good shot, so we can look back and throw this one away. We didn’t give them any resistance tonight. Back-to-backs happen, but the seven games in 10 days in seven cities just caught up with us.”

Such a cop out..Statement/Excuse from the Team Leader. This quote embodies the personality of a mediocre team's mentality..

If and when the Lakers lose to Denver tonight.. Expect the refrain from Kobe (the team leader) to be harsh and not riddled with excuses like what we see here from Nash. Small things like this are what separate contenders from pretenders. Nash has now set a precedence for mediocrity and excuse making for his ball club.

thephoenixson28
11-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Let's not do this. The schedule is what it is. During an 80+ game season, the schedule won't determine your team's success. It's not like this is football.How do you figure. 4 games in 5 nights takes a tole on any team.

king4day
11-13-2009, 03:12 PM
I Love Steve Nash's game but this quote from him after last nights game epitomizes why the Suns are not a contender.. Kobe. KG.. Pierce would never make excuses for losses like this!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AtwTll_FUcouiXJ8hVj.S_s5nYcB?gid=200911 1213&prov=ap

“We knew (this game) was a great test for us,” Nash said. “Unfortunately, we just didn’t have the legs tonight to give them a good shot, so we can look back and throw this one away. We didn’t give them any resistance tonight. Back-to-backs happen, but the seven games in 10 days in seven cities just caught up with us.”

Such a cop out..Statement/Excuse from the Team Leader. This quote embodies the personality of a mediocre team's mentality..

If and when the Lakers lose to Denver tonight.. Expect the refrain from Kobe (the team leader) to be harsh and not riddled with excuses like what we see here from Nash. Small things like this are what separate contenders from pretenders. Nash has now set a precedence for mediocrity and excuse making for his ball club.

Here's Phil Jacksons quote. It's no worse than Nash's.

Lakers’ Coach Phil Jackson on the quality of tonight’s win: “It’s a good win. We have to take it into perspective. They played a back-to-back game and came off the home floor on a road game.”

thephoenixson28
11-13-2009, 03:14 PM
8-2 is fine with us

thephoenixson28
11-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Here's Phil Jacksons quote. It's no worse than Nash's.Yeah even phil agrees with us

RaiderLakersA's
11-13-2009, 03:21 PM
How do you figure. 4 games in 5 nights takes a tole on any team.

And if that was their entire season, you'd be right. But they'll have plenty of time to recuperate.

What bothers me is how everyone is making such a big deal of this so early in the season. It's only their 10th game, they're doing well...let that be the story. Not schedules or any other b/s.

fresh prince
11-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Here's Phil Jacksons quote. It's no worse than Nash's.

UHH .. The Lakers won.. This is absolutely the correct thing to say.. You guys don't get it. Its essentially reverse pychcology.. When you lose after a back to back you don't make excuses by using the back to back as a crutch..

Conversely When you beat a team on a back to back (like the Lakers did) you absolutely use the back to back as a reinforcement to your team that the W doesn't mean as much to keep them in check.. That's what Phils doing here.

thephoenixson28
11-13-2009, 03:28 PM
And if that was their entire season, you'd be right. But they'll have plenty of time to recuperate.

What bothers me is how everyone is making such a big deal of this so early in the season. It's only their 10th game, they're doing well...let that be the story. Not schedules or any other b/s. The reason why we say that its cuz a bunch of laker fans thought we were on top of our game and also thought they did something. They talk about suns not playing defense or just talking about the team in general. I'm pretty sure if the lakers had the suns schedule it would been a lot different. If they played as much games in that many days the roles would have been reversed and lakers fan would be saying the same thing about there schedule.

Lakersfan2483
11-13-2009, 03:29 PM

:clap: As a leader, you should never make excuses like that, it's a bad example for the rest of the team. I couldn't imagine Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Lebron or Wade making that type of an excuse.

thephoenixson28
11-13-2009, 03:32 PM
[/B]

:clap: As a leader, you should never make excuses like that, it's a bad example for the rest of the team. Of course you agree your a laker fan

RaiderLakersA's
11-13-2009, 03:33 PM
The reason why we say that its cuz a bunch of laker fans thought we were on top of our game and also thought they did something. They talk about suns not playing defense or just talking about the team in general. I'm pretty sure if the lakers had the suns schedule it would been a lot different. If they played as much games in that many days the roles would have been reversed and lakers fan would be saying the same thing about there schedule.

At the end of the day, the playoffs are months away. By then, everyone will be weary and banged up from the long season. I would ignore any overly hyped fans at this point, no matter which team they support, and let the season unfold.

Lakersfan2483
11-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Of course you agree your a laker fan

It has nothing to do with being a laker fan, it has to do with leadership and setting the tone for your basketball team. His statement is what separates the good teams from the elite teams. You don't hear KG making excuses like that, do you? If Nash is content with being a middle of the pack team, that's his business, but I disagree with the statement as a whole.

gcoll
11-13-2009, 03:46 PM
[/B]

:clap: As a leader, you should never make excuses like that, it's a bad example for the rest of the team. I couldn't imagine Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Lebron or Wade making that type of an excuse.
But it's the truth.

If they don't want to be honest, that's their deal. But Christ. He should have said "both teams played hard. We need a better effort. We'll get em next time" like a REAL leader!!

Maybe Kobe and Lebron, or them wouldn't come out and say it...but who cares? They'd still know it. The team would still know it. The people watching the game would still know it. Why be dishonest?

Vidball
11-13-2009, 03:51 PM
So it was Amare's fatigue, not Drew schooling him? It was JRichardson's fatigue, not the fact he was guarding Kobe? haha...last night wasn't about fatigue, it was about how poorly the Suns match up with the Lakers even when the 7 foot Spaniard is in street clothes.

gcoll
11-13-2009, 03:58 PM
So it was Amare's fatigue, not Drew schooling him? It was JRichardson's fatigue, not the fact he was guarding Kobe? haha...last night wasn't about fatigue, it was about how poorly the Suns match up with the Lakers even when the 7 foot Spaniard is in street clothes.

I think fatigue contributed to a lot of missed open looks, and a lack of energy. Suns looked lethargic.

Not saying they would have won had the circumstances been different, or that they are a better team....but they aren't a crappy team (which is how they looked last night). They aren't a slow team (which is how they looked last night) and they are not a poor shooting team (which is how they looked last night)

fresh prince
11-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Here is Kobe's Quote after the Lakers loss at Utah last year. The game was the second night of a back to back and was the 7th road game in an 8 Day span where they went 7 -1

Feb 11 @ UTH L
Feb 10 OKC W
Feb 8 @ CLE W
Feb 5 @ BOS W
Feb 4 @ TOR W
Feb 2 @ NYK W

“We just didn’t play well defensively. We didn’t play hard enough on defense. We played lazy. They got a lot of points in the paint and some of that may be tired legs, but we cant make excuses” Bryant said.

That pretty much sums it up.. No excuses! This is the kind of quote you need from your leader if you want to be an elite team.. This type of mentality is infectious..

Watch 300 did you see Leonidas making excuses for being under manned?

THIS IS SPARTA!!

king4day
11-13-2009, 04:23 PM
The reason why we say that its cuz a bunch of laker fans thought we were on top of our game and also thought they did something. They talk about suns not playing defense or just talking about the team in general. I'm pretty sure if the lakers had the suns schedule it would been a lot different. If they played as much games in that many days the roles would have been reversed and lakers fan would be saying the same thing about there schedule.

Exactly.
No Sun fan is saying LA didn't deserve to win.
While being tired may have contributed in some way, it doesn't change the outcome. No one's arguing that.

The problem we're all having is that a bunch of Laker fans think they just showed the league that the Suns aren't a good team. They think we don't play D. Sure we're not a top defensive team, but you just assume because of the past, that this team is the same.
If Phil jackson is using his 'reverse Psychology', then props to him. Easy to respect him because he didn't say, "They thought they were the best, but we showed them". Some LA fans in here are acting they just did the world a favor in winning last night.

king4day
11-13-2009, 04:25 PM
“We just didn’t play well defensively. We didn’t play hard enough on defense. We played lazy. They got a lot of points in the paint and some of that may be tired legs, but we cant make excuses” Bryant said.

That pretty much sums it up.. No excuses! This is the kind of quote you need from your leader if you want to be an elite team.. This type of mentality is infectious..

When a player says "we played with tired legs", then they are trying to get that point across. They say, "but no excuses" and that means they don't want the other team to think he's taking anything away from their win.
I'm sure you can go back and find a Nash quote similar to that.

thephoenixson28
11-13-2009, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=fresh prince;11388941]Here is Kobe's Quote after the Lakers loss at Utah last year. The game was the second night of a back to back and was the 7th road game in an 8 Day span where they went 7 -1

Feb 11 @ UTH L
Feb 10 OKC W
Feb 8 @ CLE W
Feb 5 @ BOS W
Feb 4 @ TOR W
Feb 2 @ NYK W

[B]

Lakersfan2483
11-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Way too many excuse makers on here, the elite teams dont make excuses, period.

thapharcyd
11-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Haha... Oh Laker fans, my respect for you lessens daily

PHX2daDEATH
11-13-2009, 05:07 PM
The suns (were) 8-1 because they have great team chemistry.. they are getting production out of the bench both defensively and offensively..It's more then 3 guys... People who doubt Dudley's ability i want you to somehow watch the 4th quarter of the Philly game.. He dominated the quarter, honestly he looked like the 2nd coming of Charles Barkley.. I love how everyone dismisses the Suns because its too early.. yet when they lose everyone wants to say they aren't legit, isnt it too early to tell? Nash and Richardson have been the tone setters.. and last night they couldn't get off to fast starts, 3 more weeks we will get to play you guys again.. of course its at Staples Center, not saying the Suns will win that one but we will get you guys this season, if not twice then once!..The only two problems we have this year is size and turnovers, once Amare gets his timing back and his rust off.. This team is going to be even better

PHX2daDEATH
11-13-2009, 05:11 PM
I think fatigue contributed to a lot of missed open looks, and a lack of energy. Suns looked lethargic.

Not saying they would have won had the circumstances been different, or that they are a better team....but they aren't a crappy team (which is how they looked last night). They aren't a slow team (which is how they looked last night) and they are not a poor shooting team (which is how they looked last night)

exactly.. and true there will be some nights when the Suns look like that but more so often then not they are going to play fast, shoot well and be agressive on Defense

thapharcyd
11-13-2009, 05:12 PM
We know they are very talented.. However any team can beat another on any given night. For Laker fans to come in here and say Amare played like a trash bag because of Andrew Bynum is ridiculous. Did he bother him? Yeah... However, no way Amare ever plays like that again... Worst game of his career, he had an off night. It's easy to win when you have the highest payroll in the league

Tony_Starks
11-13-2009, 05:25 PM
We know they are very talented.. However any team can beat another on any given night. For Laker fans to come in here and say Amare played like a trash bag because of Andrew Bynum is ridiculous. Did he bother him? Yeah... However, no way Amare ever plays like that again... Worst game of his career, he had an off night. It's easy to win when you have the highest payroll in the league

WRONG! The Knicks had the highes payroll in the league for years and haven't been to playoffs since Marbury was sane. Try again hater.

Big Zo
11-13-2009, 05:29 PM

:facepalm: This isn't MLB...

thapharcyd
11-13-2009, 05:29 PM
WRONG! The Knicks had the highes payroll in the league for years and haven't been to playoffs since Marbury was sane. Try again hater.

Haha I knew someone would bring this up... But come on, hating aside... You spend more money you are gonna have better players... I am not a hater I just hate political basketball. So you are telling me if you subtract 30 million from Lakers payroll they are a contending team? A good team yes, a playoff team probably, but they wouldn't be as good as they are. This is fact

Mlb4life
11-13-2009, 05:30 PM

The Suns score an insane amount of points every night.

Big Zo
11-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Haha I knew someone would bring this up... But come on, hating aside... You spend more money you are gonna have better players... I am not a hater I just hate political basketball. So you are telling me if you subtract 30 million from Lakers payroll they are a contending team? A good team yes, a playoff team probably, but they wouldn't be as good as they are. This is fact

Spending money in the NBA doesn't neccesarily mean winning.

Here are the top ten spenders in the NBA:

1. Lakers
2. Jazz: They suck and have never won an NBA championship
3. Celtics
4. Knicks: They suck and haven't won since 1973
5. Spurs
6. Magic: Never won an NBA championship
7. Cavaliers: Never won an NBA championship
8. Wizards: Still pretty crappy, might get better once they get healthy
9. Mavericks: Never won an NBA championship
10. Rockets

Tony_Starks
11-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Spending money in the NBA doesn't neccesarily mean winning.

Here are the top ten spenders in the NBA:

1. Lakers
2. Jazz: They suck and have never won an NBA championship
3. Celtics
4. Knicks: They suck and haven't won since 1973
5. Spurs
6. Magic: Never won an NBA championship
7. Cavaliers: Never won an NBA championship
8. Wizards: Still pretty crappy, might get better once they get healthy
9. Mavericks: Never won an NBA championship
10. Rockets

Amen brotha! The spending money argument is pretty weak. Mark Cuban is a notorious big spendor and has nothing to show for it. Why not give credit to a great Laker team that has grown over the course of roughly 5 years into the best team in the league?