PDA

View Full Version : How Scary are the Celtics

swagga81
11-12-2009, 02:30 AM
ok guys How Scary are the Celtics! right now they are 8-1 and Age is so far not the factor! yes they lost to a Great Suns team but i think the c's are still scary and add Big Baby then they will be even more scary!

swagga81
11-12-2009, 02:38 AM
a poll is now up guys

GoatMilk
11-12-2009, 02:59 AM
Best team in the NBA currently

They should make it to the Finals if they can avoid injuries

ChiSox219
11-12-2009, 03:08 AM
Scary but it's early. They did lose at home already and they looked terrible against a weak Minnesota, in fact they were lucky to win that game. At the same time they crushed the Bulls (only team score over 100 against Chicago) and held the Bobcats to freaking 59 points.

If the Lakers and Magic are 100%, the Celtics are the third best team in the league, in my opinion.

championships
11-12-2009, 03:20 AM
Of course their age isn't going to show yet. LOL at these "how Scary" threads. Let them play atleast 25 games before you get all cocky about your team.

abe_froman
11-12-2009, 03:23 AM
think they'll be a regular season force(had them with the best record),but dont have them in the finals.

but yeah pretty scary

dodie53
11-12-2009, 03:30 AM
halloween is over
;)

USMCLaker
11-12-2009, 03:42 AM
Blues clues scary!!!

swagga81
11-12-2009, 03:48 AM
im cocky? it is you laker fans who are cocky!

USMCLaker
11-12-2009, 03:50 AM
Im just kidding, after all what kind of world would this be if Celtics and Laker fans can't raze each other?

_KB24_
11-12-2009, 03:57 AM
There the only team in the NBA that I fear can beat the Lakers in a playoff series. I'm still confident that we we can beat the Magic, Cavs, Spurs, etc. The Celtics are the only team that has me on my heels. Right now, they are the best basketball team in the NBA.

nolin
11-12-2009, 04:03 AM
There the only team in the NBA that I fear can beat the Lakers in a playoff series. I'm still confident that we we can beat the Magic, Cavs, Spurs, etc. The Celtics are the only team that has me on my heels. Right now, they are the best basketball team in the NBA.

**** the celtics those overrated pieces of ****

bigsams50
11-12-2009, 04:11 AM
**** the celtics those overrated pieces of ****

How are they overrated?

Spurred1
11-12-2009, 04:22 AM
Celtics are a pretty tough team. Can't wait til they play the Spurs; those turn into grind it out types of games.

shep33
11-12-2009, 04:24 AM
I think if healthy they're the most talented team, and best defensive team in the league. This team is stacked.. literally 5 all-stars on this team (Rondo could be one if he was on another team), with Sheed, KG, PP, and Ray. Perkins is awesome in the paint, great defender. Marquis Daniels is pretty solid, Eddie House can shoot off the bench. Team is pretty well rounded. But... the age thing can't go away after 9 games into the year. Still got another 73 games to go plus playoffs. I'm gonna come out and say it now too... KG doesn't look the same after his knee injury. Anyone else notice his elevation seems to be way lower than before? Maybe i'm wrong, but he doesn't look like KG of 2 years ago, or even last year before he got hurt. His offensive game seems to have declined, with his shooting way down. It's all dependent on him in the end... if he can stay healthy they'll win the east and go to the finals against LA, but if not, I don't see them beating Cleveland or Orlando in the playoffs. Problem they have now if they play LA in the finals, is that they don't have that Posey type player that can guard Kobe. Now there is no way Allen can guard Kobe. Pierce will have a tougher time now against Artest... i mean he went against Luke Walton 2 years ago in the finals. With Paul working more on offense now, I doubt Doc will use him to guard Kobe. Rondo>Fisher, but he's still not gonna score alot. Odom and Sheed pretty much cancel each other out, and so do the frontlines of KG, Perk vs. Pau and Bynum. Gonna be a great series... go at least 6 games. Both teams match up pretty well, and people forget that LA is 6-1 with their 2nd best player, having not even played, and Bynum missing a game too. Either way I'd love to see this finals matchup.

Perk
KG
Pierce
Allen
Rondo
6th man=sheed
vs.

Bynum
Pau
Artest
Kobe
Fish
6th man=Odom

KobeBeatJeeesus
11-12-2009, 04:45 AM
I dont see ray allen, rasheed wallace, paul pierce, or rondo making the all-star team. Bosh, Howard, Josh Smith, Bargnani, Wade, VC, Rose etc.. will make it above them, therefore they are not all-stars. Let these has beens get 50 games in and see if they can still keep the same pace. Last season they were 3rd best in the East at best even with a healthy KG, and lets not forget that a regular season record doesn't make you battle tested like last years Cavs showed us.

USMCLaker
11-12-2009, 04:49 AM
I dont see ray allen, rasheed wallace, paul pierce, or rondo making the all-star team. Bosh, Howard, Josh Smith, Bargnani, Wade, VC, Rose etc.. will make it above them, therefore they are not all-stars. Let these has beens get 50 games in and see if they can still keep the same pace. Last season they were 3rd best in the East at best even with a healthy KG, and lets not forget that a regular season record doesn't make you battle tested like last years Cavs showed us.

Dude whats up with your name you trying to curse the Lakers?

YouMadSon?
11-12-2009, 04:55 AM
They are right up there with the Lakers. Put it this way, last year if Orlando had a healthy Nelson, and the C's had a healthy Garnett I would take the Celtics 10 out of 10 times.

Adding Vince and depth is good, but the only team with a comparable starting line-up to the Celtics is the Lakers. Which is why both teams will be in the Finals again this year barring injuries

laboy09
11-12-2009, 05:59 AM
The celtics are not scary at all still to early to tell

Neither teams are showing they are scary

But I can say this there is a good chance we can see a finals rematch of Celtics and Lakers . This time different outcome Lakers winning of course

MTar786
11-12-2009, 10:38 AM
right now i'd say

celtics
lakers
orlando

at the end i see laker vs either orlando or boston in the finals

lakers vs boston should go 7 games.. toss up who wins

lakers vs orlando should go 6 or 7 with the lakers winning

BeantownBill
11-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Im just kidding, after all what kind of world would this be if Celtics and Laker fans can't raze each other?

Amen! :clap:

DodgerorLaker?
11-12-2009, 11:01 AM
They look tough! but why should we be suprised? this team won the championship 2 yrs ago.......Its a long long season so we'll ses if age catches up to them? adding Sheed was a must cause K.G is not the same since his injury.I still think the Lakers are better though.They swept the Celtics last year (1 game was without Bynum) and adding Artest just makes them the team to beat.

mikantsass
11-12-2009, 11:05 AM

I agree. Its not often I agree with Laker fans, but this one is a realist. I feel the same way about the Lakers. The Celtics can beat the Magic, Cavs, Spurs etc. but the Lakers are the only team that has me "on my heels".

DodgerorLaker?
11-12-2009, 11:12 AM
How scary are the Lakers? 6-1 and one of the best PF'S in the game hasn't played a single game and Bynum has missed the last 2 games as well........not bad

sunnydayin'zona
11-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Best team in the NBA currently

They should make it to the Finals if they can avoid injuries

second best team;)

king4day
11-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm tempted to create a 'How scary are the Bucks' thread.

...They are as scary as they've been before the year. Like someone said earlier, these threads should be reserved for a couple dozen games into the season.

Confusion
11-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Top three.

magichatnumber9
11-12-2009, 11:23 AM
I hope none of the Celtics make the all star team. That crap is for teams with one player acting as the glue that holds the franchise together.

JasonJohnHorn
11-12-2009, 11:33 AM
They Celtics are easily as good as any other team in the NBA and could beat any team in a seven game series. That's not to say that there aren't a couple teams that could beat them too (Lakers, Cavs, Spurs in my estimation), but the Celtics, if healthy, could very well raise another banner up in the rafter before June is out.

They are a phenominal defensive team first and foremost, which makes them a huge threat. Secondly, they are a great rebounding team. Garnett and Wallace are both guys that can grab 10+ boards a game (though Wallace isn't getting the minutes to do so right now), and Pierce is a solid rebounder for his position while Rondo has emerged as one of the best rebounding point guards while Perkins holds his own on the glass. They have a solid bench (not as deep as some, but they may add a piece or two by seasons end: Stackhouse perhaps?), but Wallace is a great player and Daniels is solid, while Hosue does provide some scoring (though he can't handle the ball which is why it is important to only rest Rondo while Pierce is on the court so he can set up the plays). What should concern opposing teams right now is the fact that they aren't even playing at their pique level right now. Garnett is not grabbing the 12-14 boards he usually grabs and I imagine by Decemeber he'll be back to full force which will make the team better, and Ray and Pierce haven't been consistently post 20 points a game, but like 17 or 18 each. When those three really get their offensive game going in concert with the defence they've been playing, they will be dominant.

Come playoff time, if they should meet the Lakers again though, the Lakers will have two premiere defenders in Bryant and Artest to slow down Pierce and Allen and Garnett, Perkins and Wallace will have their hands full with Gasol, Bynum and Odom. They key match-up for the series will be at point guard I think, and if Rondo can play like he did agaisnt Chi-town last year, the Celtics could pull it off, but as far as I can see I sadly would have to give the advantage to the Lakers this season. But as I said, the Spurs (who are also great defenders and the deepest team in the league outside of the fact they likely have the worst starting center) and the Cavs (who are deeper than some seem to think) could also take the Celtics on, while the Magic will make any series interesting.

FREDFLINTSTONE
11-12-2009, 11:37 AM
The celtics are not scary at all still to early to tell

Neither teams are showing they are scary

But I can say this there is a good chance we can see a finals rematch of Celtics and Lakers . This time different outcome Lakers winning of course

When was the last time the Lakers beat the Celtics in the Finals? :confused:

:cricket:

DodgerorLaker?
11-12-2009, 11:40 AM
They Celtics are easily as good as any other team in the NBA and could beat any team in a seven game series. That's not to say that there aren't a couple teams that could beat them too (Lakers, Cavs, Spurs in my estimation), but the Celtics, if healthy, could very well raise another banner up in the rafter before June is out.

They are a phenominal defensive team first and foremost, which makes them a huge threat. Secondly, they are a great rebounding team. Garnett and Wallace are both guys that can grab 10+ boards a game (though Wallace isn't getting the minutes to do so right now), and Pierce is a solid rebounder for his position while Rondo has emerged as one of the best rebounding point guards while Perkins holds his own on the glass. They have a solid bench (not as deep as some, but they may add a piece or two by seasons end: Stackhouse perhaps?), but Wallace is a great player and Daniels is solid, while Hosue does provide some scoring (though he can't handle the ball which is why it is important to only rest Rondo while Pierce is on the court so he can set up the plays). What should concern opposing teams right now is the fact that they aren't even playing at their pique level right now. Garnett is not grabbing the 12-14 boards he usually grabs and I imagine by Decemeber he'll be back to full force which will make the team better, and Ray and Pierce haven't been consistently post 20 points a game, but like 17 or 18 each. When those three really get their offensive game going in concert with the defence they've been playing, they will be dominant.

Come playoff time, if they should meet the Lakers again though, the Lakers will have two premiere defenders in Bryant and Artest to slow down Pierce and Allen and Garnett, Perkins and Wallace will have their hands full with Gasol, Bynum and Odom. They key match-up for the series will be at point guard I think, and if Rondo can play like he did agaisnt Chi-town last year, the Celtics could pull it off, but as far as I can see I sadly would have to give the advantage to the Lakers this season. But as I said, the Spurs (who are also great defenders and the deepest team in the league outside of the fact they likely have the worst starting center) and the Cavs (who are deeper than some seem to think) could also take the Celtics on, while the Magic will make any series interesting.

I agree with most points on here except: The Cavs can't play with the Celtics! cmon that team is NOT that good.Shaq of 3-4 yrs ago would make them a serious danger to the C's but right now there is nobody that great on that team other than Lebron (Shaq's age is showing bigtime).And the Spurs look really really old.They don't have a center and look at the better teams around (Lakers,Celtics,Nuggets,Magic) They either have a center that is a bigtime scorer or a solid defensive/rebounder.

It comes down to Laker/Celtics in June.

JasonJohnHorn
11-12-2009, 11:58 AM
I agree with most points on here except: The Cavs can't play with the Celtics! cmon that team is NOT that good.Shaq of 3-4 yrs ago would make them a serious danger to the C's but right now there is nobody that great on that team other than Lebron (Shaq's age is showing bigtime).And the Spurs look really really old.They don't have a center and look at the better teams around (Lakers,Celtics,Nuggets,Magic) They either have a center that is a bigtime scorer or a solid defensive/rebounder.

It comes down to Laker/Celtics in June.

I agree that Shaq looks his age and can see why you would doubt the Cavs abilities because they haven't been playing well and I don't think they have a very good coach, but Shaq is known for pacing himself and not putting out 100% early in the season and I think have Jarmario Moon adds a lanky defender off the bench (though he hasn't been getting into the rotation much) and Anthony Parker (who isn't a great scorer but doens't give up as much on defence as West who gave up 2-4 inches on most shooting gaurds). Shaq and Ilgauskus and past their prime, but neither has to put in more than 24 minutes a game. The biggest reason I give the Cavs credit for being able to beat any team is because no matter who they play, they have the best player on the court in LBJ.

As for the Spurs, Parker and Ginobili are young, Duncan is still prime, though older and Jefferson is playing in his prime years as well, and while Finley, McDysse and Ratliff are all older players, they aren't required to play big minutes and they are all good defenders who work hard while they are on the court. Yes, they have the worst starting center in the league, but with Blair, McDysse and Ratliff backing up Bonner and Duncan, they do have a deep rotation, even if they are starting the weaker player.

But we agree on a Lakers/Celtics finals at least! ;-)

ManRam
11-12-2009, 12:16 PM
They are terribly scary. I hate when ESPN still talks about the Big Three...when every Celtics highlight is 90% Rondo. He's a stud, and the tempo of the team. He is what makes them so scary. Their defense is absolutely ridiculous. As long as Pierce and Allen and the bench are scoring, they are going to be incredibly hard to beat.

The terrify me frankly. So deep, so balanced, so experienced. They are a fine-tuned machine.

It's early, but they have impressed me by far the most. Outscoring opponents by almost 15 points, almost double the point differential of the next best team. They are holding teams to 84 points a game. Shooting 50.15% from the field (second best) and 40% from three, while holding opponents to 42.65% and 30% respectively. Their team stats blow every other teams' out of the water. It's early, but they've impressed the most.

G-Funk
11-12-2009, 01:30 PM
They do look scary but can an old team like the C 's keep their high level all the way through the Finals????? or should they pace themselves?

ChiSox219
11-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Well back to back losses for the C's. Don't know what happened tonight but glancing at the box score the Pacers lit up the Celtics defense and that's without Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy, two of their best shooters.

Raph12
11-14-2009, 11:02 PM
I think the real question is... how scary are the Suns, Hawks and Pacers?

Just playing lol, could I choose other, because I think it depends on how much they'll have left going into the playoffs.

ChiSox219
11-14-2009, 11:11 PM
I think the real question is... how scary are the Suns, Hawks and Pacers?

Just playing lol, could I choose other, because I think it depends on how much they'll have left going into the playoffs.

I think all 3 are playoff quality teams (Indiana needs to be healthy though), the thing that concerns me is the Celtics have already lost twice at home. Last two seasons the C's had only lost 12 times at home in 82 games.

The Cavs have also lost twice at home and people seem to think they are playing terrible

tdunk21
11-14-2009, 11:11 PM
not scary anymore after loosing to hawks and pacers....

Gators123
11-14-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm not really sure what happened the last 2 games. But they will bounce back

blazerman
11-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Scary? They dont scare anybody but there a good team that should have something to say about it in the end.

unwantedplayer
11-14-2009, 11:40 PM
The Celtics are just going through one of those rough patches which all teams eventually face during the season...

69centers
11-15-2009, 12:21 AM
I'm not really sure what happened the last 2 games. But they will bounce back

Can someone say, Doc Rivers?

We go out and get one of the best free agents on the market, Rasheed Wallace, who can easily still start anywhere in the league, and Doc uses him only 23 minutes last night and 18 minutes tonight. Both games he saw limited action in the 4th, and by the time he was put into the game (with about 4:30 left in Friday's loss, and about 2:30 to go in tonight's game) the Celtics were down double digits. In Friday's loss, Perkins was a -18 with 4 turnovers (including crucial ones in the 4th) while sheed was a +3.

Can't understand why he leaves Kendrick Perkins in the game at crunch time in the 4th, when the guy is top 5 in the NBA in turnovers, and a guy NO ONE cares about on offense in the 4th quarter, and they will just double Garnett. Teams can't leave Sheed alone and I can't fathom why Doc isn't using him right when the guy is getting double digits in scoring most nights, despite playing under 25 minutes.

Sheed's a much better player than Perkins and needs to be out there at the end of games.

Raph12
11-15-2009, 02:36 AM
Can someone say, Doc Rivers?

We go out and get one of the best free agents on the market, Rasheed Wallace, who can easily still start anywhere in the league, and Doc uses him only 23 minutes last night and 18 minutes tonight. Both games he saw limited action in the 4th, and by the time he was put into the game (with about 4:30 left in Friday's loss, and about 2:30 to go in tonight's game) the Celtics were down double digits. In Friday's loss, Perkins was a -18 with 4 turnovers (including crucial ones in the 4th) while sheed was a +3.

Can't understand why he leaves Kendrick Perkins in the game at crunch time in the 4th, when the guy is top 5 in the NBA in turnovers, and a guy NO ONE cares about on offense in the 4th quarter, and they will just double Garnett. Teams can't leave Sheed alone and I can't fathom why Doc isn't using him right when the guy is getting double digits in scoring most nights, despite playing under 25 minutes.

Sheed's a much better player than Perkins and needs to be out there at the end of games.

I agree, if KG can keep Sheed in check, then Sheed>>>Perkins on both ends.

IMO Perk should 20mpg, while Sheed gets 28mpg... too deep for their own good lol.

superkegger
11-15-2009, 02:53 AM
Sheed is 2nd in the league in 3pt shots attempted, and he's shooting like 32% from the 3pt line.

They just lost to Indiana.

They don't frighten me.

Are they a very good team? Absolutely.

Are they favorites over any other top tier team in the East right now? No.