PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan Personally Selects Dwyane Wade to wear his 25th Anniversary Jordans

D Roses Bulls
11-11-2009, 07:43 PM
thought it was pretty cool and ive already seen comments from other fans hating on this on ESPN so lets try not to have it here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4645625

ko8e24
11-11-2009, 07:44 PM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/11/11/wade.jordan.ap/index.html

Air Apparent: Jordan taps Wade to wear 25th anniversary shoe

Posted Nov 11 2009 5:07PM

MIAMI (AP) -- Dwyane Wade pleaded for years to join the Jordan Brand family, wanting to wear the shoe his idol made famous.

His persistence is being rewarded.

When Jordan Brand makes its long-awaited release of the Air Jordan 2010 in February to commemorate the popular line's 25th anniversary, Wade will debut the shoe. Hand-picked for the role by Michael Jordan himself, the Miami Heat guard called it "a huge honor."

"I was in awe, because I know what it means to not only be a part of Jordan Brand but really represent Michael on the court in the shoe he would wear," Wade told The Associated Press. "Very excited, to say the least."

The shoe will be launched nationwide Feb. 13 and will carry a retail price of $170. That coincides with All-Star weekend near Dallas and is four days before Jordan's 47th birthday. It's unknown if Wade will wear the shoe beforehand, say in Miami's marquee Christmas Day game at Madison Square Garden against the New York Knicks.

Details of the arrangement were released to the AP, hours before a formal announcement Wednesday evening in Miami.

"The celebration of the Air Jordan 2010 and our 25th anniversary are the pinnacle of a year full of milestones for me," Jordan said in a statement Wednesday. "With each shoe, consumers have pushed me to take the next Air Jordan beyond their wildest imagination."

This was beyond Wade's imagination, anyway.

He spent six years wearing Converse apparel, then made the switch to Jordan Brand in July. (Both are owned by Nike.) Details of his contract with Jordan Brand were not disclosed, although it was certain to at least match the remaining three years at $6 million annually left on his Converse deal.

Jordan Brand spokeswoman Terri Hines said Wade is the first pitchman for the Air Jordan other than Jordan himself.

It's the latest notch in Wade's business world: He also has strong deals with T-Mobile and Gatorade.

"One thing I understood coming over to the brand, it's a team," Wade said. "I'm fortunate enough to be able to be in a spot with guys like Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Derek Jeter, all those guys. We all have a role to play. And I'm going to play the role that they signed me up for and hopefully I do the best I can."

This arrangement had been kept under wraps for months. Wade told only few people, including teammate Quentin Richardson, who like Wade is a Chicago native who grew up idolizing Jordan's play with the Bulls.

Richardson has worn the Jumpman line throughout his NBA career.

"I think it meant the world to him, truthfully," Richardson said. "Us being from Chicago, I don't think people understand. ... We adored M.J. We watched every move he made. I think for us guys, it made a big difference. And even before he came over to Jordan, Dwyane would wear it. He'd come over to my house and get stuff all the time."

Aligning himself even closer to Jordan is as big a perk as being able to wear the Air Jordans, Wade said.

"Before this, our relationship was kind of on the basis of seeing him and still being in awe of the person I grew up watching," Wade said. "Now I can e-mail, call him, all these lines of communication. So I think it's kind of cool. He responds back to me a lot quicker now than he used to."

Good For Flash! :clap:

bigsams50
11-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Not a bad choice lol

Confusion
11-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Not a bad choice lolThis and Wade shall sport them well. :clap:

BALLER71
11-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Kobe Bryant my ***.
Dwyane Wade FTW!

dudeonthemoon
11-11-2009, 07:55 PM
damn right

ko8e24
11-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Obviously the OP created this thread to instigate other PSD members to bash Kobe......AGAIN!

So mods, please close this garbage. As u can see the 2 posts previous mine post.

I created a BETTER, and more non-instagatory (if thats even a word) type of thread.

D Roses Bulls
11-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Obviously the OP created this thread to instigate other PSD members to bash Kobe......AGAIN!

So mods, please close this garbage. As u can see the 2 posts previous mine post.

I created a BETTER, and more non-instagatory (if thats even a word) type of thread.

so i guess ESPN wrote the article to make laker fans angry as well. give me a break

asandhu23
11-11-2009, 08:24 PM

as if you don't "show kobe off" in your threads and bash other teams's players on it? :eyebrow:

MiamiHeat
11-11-2009, 08:39 PM
is obvious that MJ likes Wade better

:D

static_inferno
11-11-2009, 08:42 PM
well Kobe already has his own shoe line so it's understandable that he doesn't wear MJ's shoe. anyway it's a ****ing shoe who gives a ****.

ko8e24
11-11-2009, 08:56 PM
This and Wade shall sport them well. :clap:

i totally agree. Wade, a kid from Chicago growin up watchin MJ, and just like MJ, a champ, a gold medalist, and finals mvp.

and im sure some nba fans will prolly start speculating that this prolly makes a stronger case of D-Wade heading to Chicago in 2010 or somethin like that.

...but now that i think of it, Wade would look nice in a Bulls uniform :D

B.JenningsMVP
11-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Should've picked Kobe................

Becks2307
11-11-2009, 09:16 PM
it was probably bet wade and cp3 and melo

ko8e24
11-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Should've picked Kobe................

Well, Kobe has nothin really against MJ and vice versa, but I think its of one of 2 reasons

1) Wade has a contract exclusively with Jumpman 23 (I think)

2) Kobe is Nike, but he would still wear it. However, MJ knows that Kobe is a guy who is set on making his own legacy on and off the court. On the court, we know Kobe's goal is to be the very best. In terms of shoe products, Kobe has his Zoom Kobes as well as the Low-tops (Ankle Insurance) thing, and Kobe's shoes are one of if the not thee most popular shoes in basketball today(among active players).

daleja424
11-11-2009, 09:21 PM
They are kinda ugly/cheap looking tho...and cost 170 bucks
http://sneakermaniac.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/2010-1.jpg

Bulls_fan90
11-11-2009, 09:21 PM
He"s coming to chi-town!!!!!!!!!!

daleja424
11-11-2009, 09:25 PM
He"s coming to chi-town!!!!!!!!!!

:facepalm: was that really necessary?

GreenMan305
11-11-2009, 09:27 PM

lmao :facepalm:

Toenail Clipper
11-11-2009, 09:28 PM
And what happened to Converse?
Dwyane Wade = Sellout.

daleja424
11-11-2009, 09:28 PM
well Kobe already has his own shoe line so it's understandable that he doesn't wear MJ's shoe. anyway it's a ****ing shoe who gives a ****.

:confused:

having a shoe line isn't that special special...shoot...steph marbury has a shoe line...

daleja424
11-11-2009, 09:29 PM
And what happened to Converse?
Dwyane Wade = Sellout.

converse=nike=jordan...they are all owned by the same people...:facepalm:

converse and jordan agreed to have wade switch umbrella companies...

get your **** straight son

_KB24_
11-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Wow talk about a dream come true.........Not to be a dick to Miami fans, but imagine if he were to wear them playing for the Bulls.......... not that I want him to ;)

dodie53
11-11-2009, 09:33 PM
good choice

The Ooh Child
11-11-2009, 09:35 PM
i totally agree. Wade, a kid from Chicago growin up watchin MJ, and just like MJ, a champ, a gold medalist, and finals mvp.

and im sure some nba fans will prolly start speculating that this prolly makes a stronger case of D-Wade heading to Chicago in 2010 or somethin like that.

Wouldn't this be a much stronger argument for him going to the Bobcats?

J$mo0th_3o5
11-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Good choice MJ.

daleja424
11-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Wouldn't this be a much stronger argument for him going to the Bobcats?

why yes...yes it would...

Bulls_fan90
11-11-2009, 10:41 PM

Don't get your panties in a knot. Im just kidding. We REALLY need a sg though. Salmons is useless.

abe_froman
11-12-2009, 03:29 AM

with the way the heat have started the season,it looks less likely for that to happen.

ko8e24
11-12-2009, 03:44 AM
with the way the heat have started the season,it looks less likely for that to happen.

yes indeed. but i was jokin about the chicago thing. i know a lot of bulls fans have been dreamin of a backcourt of rose and wade since rose got drafted by the bulls and the whole 2010 speculation thing came up like 2 yrs ago

YouMadSon?
11-12-2009, 05:07 AM
Wade's game has often been compared to Jordan's, even though the Heat guard is two inches shorter than the six-time champion -- something Jordan pointed out Wednesday, when he stood back-to-back with Wade.

"He thinks he can beat me; I know I can beat him," Jordan said, smiling. "The only way to find out is to put these shoes on and go out and play. He's wearing my shoe. I'm not wearing Dwyane Wade's shoe."

Am I the only one who caught this? Not sure if MJ is joking or serious, but damn :facepalm:

ramsizzle
11-12-2009, 05:53 AM
you people are dumb...kobe has a signature deal with nike why would he wear mikes. and wades on TEAM JORDAN of course hes gonna wear em ....:facepalm:

sp1derm00
11-12-2009, 06:58 AM
Am I the only one who caught this? Not sure if MJ is joking or serious, but damn :facepalm:

Wow, joking or not, I wouldn't let Jordan say that about me if I were Wade. Jordan might be Jordan, but Wade could still hold his own against Jordan in his prime. Jordan never faced a SG of Wade's caliber in his prime, his closest rival was Clyde Drexler and Reggie.

Bulls_fan90
11-13-2009, 05:52 AM
Wow, joking or not, I wouldn't let Jordan say that about me if I were Wade. Jordan might be Jordan, but Wade could still hold his own against Jordan in his prime. Jordan never faced a SG of Wade's caliber in his prime, his closest rival was Clyde Drexler and Reggie.

Are you serious? Michael Jordan in his prime was untouchable. Wade (as good as he is) would not be able to hold his own.

PennyMy#1
11-13-2009, 06:49 AM
No Wade to Chicago chants ? Should be resolved now ...

:laugh:

3ballbomber
11-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Very peculiar quote from Jordan, i love him but why does he always feel the need to prove things, he has proved enough!

3ballbomber
11-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Wade would not be the player he is had it not been for Jordan.

JordansBulls
11-17-2009, 06:50 PM
thought it was pretty cool and ive already seen comments from other fans hating on this on ESPN so lets try not to have it here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4645625

Hopefully he comes to Chicago as well.:D

Verbal Christ
11-17-2009, 06:54 PM

:facepalm:

Ray_R
11-17-2009, 07:26 PM
They are kinda ugly/cheap looking tho...and cost 170 bucks
http://sneakermaniac.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/2010-1.jpg

does look ugly this are better

http://23isback.com/MJwade.jpg

they put alot of work into it. its crazy take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wg7KW-R1Yw&feature=player_embedded

*Superman*
11-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Kobe Bryant my ***.
Dwyane Wade FTW!

lol

zambo4president
11-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Shuda been Dee Rose

MJ-BULLS
11-17-2009, 07:50 PM
pretty good choice, well d wade does wear jordan's and is from chicago

ko8e24
11-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Are you serious? Michael Jordan in his prime was untouchable. Wade (as good as he is) would not be able to hold his own.

literally, cuz the refs wouldn't allow u to :hide:

ThuglifeJ
11-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah. I'm pretty sure when Lebron was saying "im so happy MJ came out to support me and D Wade tonight.."

He really was just out to see D wade.

ko8e24
11-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Yeah. I'm pretty sure when Lebron was saying "im so happy MJ came out to support me and D Wade tonight.."

He really was just out to see D wade.

haha, i kno, that was funny how lebrick was trying to put his name in the same breath as jordan and wade when jordan came to watch wade, not him.