PDA

View Full Version : When the team Owner and Coach Don't want to win, Should we still be Fans

GAWDtv
11-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Once a coach gets his roster he has to work with what he has. When your team is young and rebuilding you need to get playing time for your young investments. When your team is older with lot's of veterans you have to manage their time to be able to compete come playoffs.

When do we as fans get a say?[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]What happens when the owners want to rebuild and develope their youth but the players want to play to win??

Should we stop paying to go to games and buying team murchandise or following thier progress/websites until the owner declaires they are no longer rebuilding and are actually gonna try to win???

LionBryan
11-11-2009, 04:51 PM
What?

Spurred1
11-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Gee...wonder what this is in reference to. Grizzlies and Iverson?

TheKing23
11-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Your post hurts my eyes...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-11-2009, 05:18 PM
ummm...you mean the clippers

because Sterling and DUMBleavy don't want to win at all

blazerman
11-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Of course support your team but nobody wants to spend hard earned money on expensive tickets, only to have the team try and lose the game. It's a waste of money and no fun to root for a team that is trying to tank on purpose. I suppose the fans might get behind the FO tankinng on purpose if the team is really bad and close to being the worst team in the league anyways, A #1 pick is mind blowing for fans and gives everybody alot to be excited about.I remember how Boston and Memphis did everything they could to throw games a couple of yrs ago to get in the Oden/Durant derby, kinda chicken s**t if you ask me.

Memphis on the other hand deserves to be in the cellar for all the stupid things they do. Their owner is a ******, GM is the teams biggest cancer and between the 2 of them, a coach doesnt have much of a chance to succeed. Fans shouldnt waste their money when an owner and Gm goes an blows there entire cap space on Zach Randolph (cancer #2) and a very selfish AI (cancer #3), the front office wants to purposely tanks games, and the funniest thing of all is they cant even mess up another teams off season by taking away 9 mil in cap space (Portland) by signing a bum like Darius Miles and try and make it look like them really wanted him. He played less and less til he wasnt playing at all after the initally games and the best thing of all is Portland couldnt overspend on Milsap or Hedo because they were not worth anything close to 10 to 12 million a season, thanks Memphis hahaha

blastmasta26
11-11-2009, 05:53 PM
What's wrong with rebuilding? That choice doesn't make sense, because teams that rebuild are looking to win for the future.

VCaintdead17
11-11-2009, 06:00 PM
pretty...

arkanian215
11-11-2009, 06:13 PM
go support whoever has the best record then. no one is forcing you to be a fan of that team. if you can't stand rebuilding go support another team.

asandhu23
11-11-2009, 09:25 PM
yes. true fans do not care about the management. we support our teams through it all. but we should boycott to make our feelings known.

smith&wesson
11-11-2009, 09:31 PM
if you dont suport your team when they arent doing well and rebuilding then that makes you a bandwagon fan. you cant only suport your team when they play well. its thick and thin. ride or die. other wise your just a punk who doesnt know what winning takes. you gotta lose to know what it takes to win.

king4day
11-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Confusing poll.
Where's the "All of the above"

JasonJohnHorn
11-11-2009, 10:38 PM
I have a hard time answering this question because I'm more a fan of the game as opposed to a team. I can watch any two quality teams in the league playing against each other and enjoy it, though I have a hard time watching bad teams play each other. That said I'm a Canadian from the Detroit area, so my loyalties generally lie with Detroit, who sparked my interest in basketball back in 88 when they made it to the finals, and Toronto, who is the only Canadian team. Even when those two teams are playing bad, I still watch them and hope to see them do well. There's no point in dropping your local team during a rebuilding process (no team is a contender every year), and there's no reason to feel guilty for watching other teams when you team sucks, but you gotta still root for your boys. That said, it would be hard to be a fan ofl the Bucks, Kings, Clippers, Grizzlies, T-Wolves, Warrios or the Raptors. These teams just seem to be perpetually bad (though each has had stretches of competative play). Most other teams are competetive for long stretches or at least try to win (yes, the Knicks, as bad as they have been, have always tried to put together winning teams outside of the this and last season where they have tried to cut costs to sign James). I don't blame fans from areas where the teams are perpetually bad (Detroit Lions) who hop over to other teams, it just gets depressing when everytime you turn on the game your team gets blown out by twenty points by mid-level teams. Play like that makes it hard to enjoy watching the game. I personally like to watch teams with strong team play (like the Spurs) and players who like to share the ball (like Nash), and a good defensive team is fun to watch too. I love when two great defensive teams grind out every play (like the Spurs, or the series with Boston and L.A. in 08- great series, or the Spurs/Pistons in 05).

mrblisterdundee
11-11-2009, 10:59 PM
No; you must boycott the entire affair to retain a little smidgen of pride. Stop attending the game. Create a human shield 16 deep surrounding the home court on game night. Organize legions of unsuccessful periphery basketball teams, and storm some your more successful counterparts. Steal highly-talented basketball players of all positions, along with some Gatorade.

mzgrizz
11-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Gee...wonder what this is in reference to. Grizzlies and Iverson?

Considering EVERY point is applicable to Memphis......I would say yes.:cry:

Apophis
11-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Confusing poll.
Where's the "All of the above"

Thats what i was looking for...

GAWDtv
07-14-2010, 10:06 AM
I was talking about the Raptors but them too!!

Bryrob58
07-14-2010, 10:28 AM
My eyes are also burning from the array of colours and size differentials.