PDA

View Full Version : Vladimir Guerrero

Ty Fast
11-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Why does everyone have Vlady going to the Rangers? They have Nelson Cruz in right and Hamilton in center. Unless they plan to play him at DH or LF it doesn’t really make any scene. Besides the Rangers would be better off spending their money on pitching such as Lackey. As for Vlady I think the best place for him would be to re-sign in Anaheim or go to the White Sox. Chicago let Dye go so they have some money freed up, and they need a RF to replace him.

Rad_Racing
11-11-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm not saying the Rangers will sign him or that they need him, but Vlad is essentially a DH-only type of guy now. So, if the Rangers want to sign a DH that can play the field if needed, then they might. Vlad would be a good option.

Ty Fast
11-11-2009, 03:12 PM
It wouldn’t surprise me if he went to Texas. I know their owner Tom Hicks ( I think that’s his name) loves to spend money on big bats, but they already have one of the best offences in the league and Vlady will not come cheap. They should use that money to address their starting pitching.

scottythegreat1
11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
They hin 2009, why not bring an aged veteran into the fold? It would be good for any power batter to find his stroke back in Arlington where you can hit a lot of home runs.

Im sure Vladdy will get back to where he was.

DieHardColtsfan
11-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Guerrero will be signed as a DH anywhere, so don't worry about defensive alignment.

Zmaster52
11-11-2009, 03:22 PM
who said he was goin to the rangers?

Ron!n
11-11-2009, 03:29 PM
nvm

Ty Fast
11-11-2009, 03:36 PM
who said he was goin to the rangers?

Its just what people are predicting in one of my other threads

Young2Kinsler
11-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Vlad is exactly what Texas needs, that's probably why people are saying he will go there. Some one said that Texas had one of the best offenses... but they really didn't this year. They are very young in the lineup, and desperately need a right handed bat who can drive in RBI and protect Hamilton hitting cleanup. I think Vlad and Dye would make the most sense, but until our current owner is gone, Texas won't be much of a player in Free Agents, but instead in the trade market.

J4KOP99
11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Its just what people are predicting in one of my other threads

Yeah I've seen a lot of people predict him going to the rangers as well.

I don't see it either. They should look at pitcher's if anything.

Strike89
11-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Vlad's a DH and needs to be on an AL team. Rangers might be in the running for a power hitter to go with Hamilton so why not?

infernoscurse
11-11-2009, 06:04 PM
i have him going to the blue jays but why wouldnt the rangers get him?

like who would have thoguht that Vladdy as a DH only when hes just a super gold glover that should play all the fields

JOSKOMANG4
11-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Why does everyone have Vlady going to the Rangers? They have Nelson Cruz in right and Hamilton in center. Unless they plan to play him at DH or LF it doesn’t really make any scene. Besides the Rangers would be better off spending their money on pitching such as Lackey. As for Vlady I think the best place for him would be to re-sign in Anaheim or go to the White Sox. Chicago let Dye go so they have some money freed up, and they need a RF to replace him.

Vladdy will be their DH. Vladdy is beat up in the knees right now to play RF everyday. Besides, The Whitesox ALREADY have a young outfield

Rangers Lineup Next Season

C- Salty/Tead
1b- Davis
2b- Kinsler
SS- Andrus
3b- Young
LF- D. Murphy
CF- Hamilton
RF- Cruz
DH- Vladdy

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will ALSO.. well hopefully.. bring in two veteran arms to go with their youth movement rotation; Hopefully bring in Lackey & Sheets..

If this happens.. They win the AL West.