PDA

View Full Version : Z-Bo Collides with Thabeet (Thabeet Fractures Jaw)

blackjack_119
11-10-2009, 09:43 PM
In the first quarter of Tuesday nights game against the Blazers, Zach Randolph's head hit the #2 overall pick in the chin while both were going for a rebound. The hit sent Thabeet to the ground. He was taken to the locker room. No word yet on his condition.

UPDATE: Thabeet has a fractured jaw. No report yet on how long he will be out.

Hustla23
11-10-2009, 10:06 PM
LOL Zach is the man :up:

blackjack_119
11-10-2009, 10:07 PM

Confusion
11-10-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm wondering on how long it's going to be, and that sucks. Hate to see a new player like Thabeet already getting injured.

blackjack_119
11-10-2009, 10:12 PM
I thought this was deleted, so I posted a new thread that doesn't make it sound like a boxing match. Thabeet fractured his jaw. If someone could merge or delete one of the threads, I would appreciate it.

dbroncos78087
11-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Im sorry i misunderstood and thought it was a boxing thread. Im not a big NBA person.

Kyben36
11-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I knew that Zbo was a black hole, but realy, breaking your own teamates jaw, jeez, Oh well, Gasol is realy their C of the future, and they also have that Hadadi guy as well.

blackjack_119
11-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I knew that Zbo was a black hole, but realy, breaking your own teamates jaw, jeez, Oh well, Gasol is realy their C of the future, and they also have that Hadadi guy as well.

Iverson may have been smart to retire. Who knows, Z-Bo could have forced him into medical retirement.

blackjack_119
11-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Im sorry i misunderstood and thought it was a boxing thread. Im not a big NBA person.

No worries... the title was intentionally misleading. I guess I am not as funny as I thought. :sigh:

AI4MVP
11-10-2009, 10:32 PM
oh no. this is devistating. how are the grizzlies going to contend for the title this year now?

jimbobjarree
11-10-2009, 10:43 PM
is Thabeet even gunna be good anyways..I havnt heard anything about him

SA5195
11-10-2009, 10:48 PM

True he has been pretty quite of all the rookies.

But not saying he's gonna be bad or good, cause to be honest I didn't see him play lol

blackjack_119
11-10-2009, 10:50 PM
oh no. this is devistating. how are the grizzlies going to contend for the title this year now?

Lionel Hollins will have to be creative to replace the 0.7 pts and 1.8reb that Thabeet was producing this season.

kingkobe
11-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Another bust of a pick. I knew this guy was injury prone.

cwilson21
11-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Another bust of a pick. I knew this guy was injury prone.

There's a difference in being injury-prone and fracturing your jaw on a random/freak occurrence.

thrilla11
11-10-2009, 11:37 PM
i find this fact very funny
thabeet does look like a bust though :|

B.JenningsMVP
11-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Aw damn

Raph12
11-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Thabeet plays behind Marc Gasol, a very overlooked/underrated sophmore center. If Thabeet got minutes, it would stunt Marc's development.

Waste of a #2 pick, they should've taken Evans or Jennings.

mzgrizz
11-11-2009, 01:38 AM
Too many uncalled for comments about ZBo......you guys weren't there...I was....he was going for a rebound and Thabeet was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Do any of you haters ever wonder just why you like hating on Memphis? WTF ????!??!!!!

kozelkid
11-11-2009, 01:45 AM

He was a bad pick.
Fortunately they got Gasol.

Team*Chicago
11-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Too many uncalled for comments about ZBo......you guys weren't there...I was....he was going for a rebound and Thabeet was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Do any of you haters ever wonder just why you like hating on Memphis? WTF ????!??!!!!

I don't think the people on this thread are hating on the Grizzlies, they are hating on one of the most disliked player in the NBA which is Zach Randolph.

I Am Awesome-O
11-11-2009, 02:31 AM
The early word was a fractured jaw, but upon further review the injury doesn't appear to be too bad. Thabeet has a "ridgeline fracture of the mandible" and did not make the trip to Houston for tomorrow night's game, but as of tonight his absence is expected to be counted in days, not weeks.
http://www.memphisflyer.com/Beyondth...e-pointer#more

spreadeagle
11-11-2009, 02:32 AM

I think since the Grizz were takin from Vancouver without really giving them a chance and steve francis tottaly screwing them,by refusing to be there first star player in the draft,Memphis deserves some crap.Really how is the atmosphere at a Grizz game? lame I bet.They should also change there name.How many Grizzly bears are in Memphis.The Memphis tigers could probably woop em

thrilla11
11-11-2009, 07:39 PM
^^ thats pretty uncalled for

Kakaroach
11-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah I think pretty much everyone knew he was a bust. They should have taken Jordan Hill or traded the pick.

1265LombardiAve
11-11-2009, 08:06 PM
i think even the grizzlies had to know this guy would bust, but this draft was so bad, and they knew rubio wouldnt come to them so they took a flier on his 7'3 frame anyway

blazerman
11-11-2009, 08:07 PM

Well, trying to sabatoge my teams cap space for one and tanking games to get a higher draft pick for two and Zach Randolph for three, he's a ballhog and I hated him in Portland, I think he was your reward for messing with the Blazers cap spoace last yr.

Actually I dont dislike the Grizz but their managemnet is full of idiots, I mean how many teams could have 20 million in cap space, the # 2 pick in the draft, with good players to boot in Mayo,Gay and Gasol and manage to make themselves evn worse, :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

mzgrizz
11-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Well, trying to sabatoge my teams cap space for one and tanking games to get a higher draft pick for two and Zach Randolph for three, he's a ballhog and I hated him in Portland, I think he was your reward for messing with the Blazers cap spoace last yr.

Actually I dont dislike the Grizz but their managemnet is full of idiots, I mean how many teams could have 20 million in cap space, the # 2 pick in the draft, with good players to boot in Mayo,Gay and Gasol and manage to make themselves evn worse, :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Well, trust me Blazerman.....it wasn't the fans trying to **** Portland over. I can't stand the Grizz front office and I especially feel Hollins is an idiot. We could have made a go if Hollins hadn't had his head up his *** and let Iverson play. I mean, really. don't you think we might be better than 1-8 if he had been playing??? Our guys are demoralized and the fans are feeling like we're caught in the movie Groundhog Day!!!!!!!!! _)(*&^%$#$%^&*()

mzgrizz
11-12-2009, 12:01 AM
I think since the Grizz were takin from Vancouver without really giving them a chance and steve francis tottaly screwing them,by refusing to be there first star player in the draft,Memphis deserves some crap.Really how is the atmosphere at a Grizz game? lame I bet.They should also change there name.How many Grizzly bears are in Memphis.The Memphis tigers could probably woop em

Well, Memphis didn't TAKE the Grizzlies from Vancouver; the ex owner SOLD them to Heisley who MOVED them to Memphis where we were also considering the Hornets instead. If you are a basketball genius, then you would know this.

mzgrizz
11-12-2009, 12:05 AM
I don't think the people on this thread are hating on the Grizzlies, they are hating on one of the most disliked player in the NBA which is Zach Randolph.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, no. You are wrong. Wait until you are ~200 posts deep into reading all this and see if you still think the same way.

kjoke
11-12-2009, 12:25 AM
zach ATTACK

dodie53
11-12-2009, 01:14 AM
ouch.

I Am Awesome-O
11-12-2009, 01:31 AM
Yeah I think pretty much everyone knew he was a bust. They should have taken Jordan Hill or traded the pick.

Jordan Hill is going to be an even bigger bust than Thabeet. I do agree though that Memphis should have traded the pick, or taken Tyreke Evans.

zambo4president
11-12-2009, 02:17 AM
No worries... the title was intentionally misleading. I guess I am not as funny as I thought. :sigh:

Atleast you know now.