11-10-2009, 06:20 AM
Hoping Charlotte keeps it close:pray:

ChiSox219
11-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Nuggets@Bulls ought to be a great game

DenButsu
11-10-2009, 06:47 AM
Nuggets@Bulls ought to be a great game

Is Tyrus Thomas out? K-Mart probably should sit this one out, but he said, "I'm going to play, man no matter how I feel," so we'll see.

ChiSox219
11-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Is Tyrus Thomas out? K-Mart probably should sit this one out, but he said, "I'm going to play, man no matter how I feel," so we'll see.

Tyrus will be out for at least a month, though I have my suspensions we won't see him in a Bulls uniform again.

Gators123
11-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Orlando at Charlotte
Washington at Miami
Denver at Chicago
Portland at Memphis
Houston at Dallas
Oklahoma City at Sacramento

drama1386
11-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Orlando at Charlotte
Washington at Miami
Denver at Chicago
Portland at Memphis
Houston at Dallas

yep.

Mavrix
11-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Orlando at Charlotte
Washington at Miami
Denver at Chicago
Portland at Memphis
Houston at Dallas

Spurred1
11-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Dallas better not **** this one up. Rockets have been on a tear lately. But that said, go Mavs..as for the rest of the games..
Orlando
Miami
Denver
Portland
OKC

Draco
11-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Bulls were robbed.. ref's are a joke.

kozelkid
11-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Complete bull****
Overturned the call on Bulls homecourt no less.

Mr. Fluffi
11-10-2009, 11:46 PM
:cry::cry::cry:

Gators123
11-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Orlando at Charlotte
Washington at Miami
Denver at Chicago
Portland at Memphis
Houston at Dallas

If OKC wins i'm 6 for 6 ;)

ETA: Thanks OKC, 5 for 6 :(

DenButsu
11-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Bulls were robbed.. ref's are a joke.

Complete bull****
Overturned the call on Bulls homecourt no less.

Surprisingly enough, Bulls fans seem to think the refs got the call wrong, and Nuggets fans seem to think they got it right (ball was still on his fingertips at the buzzer).

I didn't see the game yet, so I can't form my own opinion yet, but I will make the bold prediction that not many Bulls or Nuggets fans are likely to change their minds about this one.

kozelkid
11-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Surprisingly enough, Bulls fans seem to think the refs got the call wrong, and Nuggets fans seem to think they got it right (ball was still on his fingertips at the buzzer).

I didn't see the game yet, so I can't form my own opinion yet, but I will make the bold prediction that not many Bulls or Nuggets fans are likely to change their minds about this one.

I don't think the call was right or wrong. Here's what I think, replay was inconclusive. You use instant replay to help make the call not control the game. If it's inconclusive you go with the call on the floor. The fact that it took them 5min to make the call should tell you they are full of ****. Same case if it was vice versa. Replay was inconclusive, so you go with the call on the floor.

Rocktober2009
11-11-2009, 01:17 AM
I don't think the call was right or wrong. Here's what I think, replay was inconclusive. You use instant replay to help make the call not control the game. If it's inconclusive you go with the call on the floor. The fact that it took them 5min to make the call should tell you they are full of ****. Same case if it was vice versa. Replay was inconclusive, so you go with the call on the floor.

If this was the NFL I'd agree with you 100%, but the "conclusive evidence" thing isnt part of the NBA (Yet)

I bet they change it for next year, but not tonight

kozelkid
11-11-2009, 01:19 AM
If this was the NFL I'd agree with you 100%, but the "conclusive evidence" thing isnt part of the NBA (Yet)

NFL or not, it should have no barring. The replays showed no conclusive proof that it was or wasn't out of his hands. It only makes sense to go with the call on the floor.

DenButsu
11-11-2009, 01:30 AM

That seems to me to be accurate. At least, I can't find any reference to a "conclusive evidence" requirement at the NBA.com pages which explain the new replay rules:

nba.com (http://www.nba.com/2008/news/10/23/102108videoreplayrules/index.html):

Description of the NBA's new instant replay rules

By Official Release
Posted Oct 23 2008 6:21PM
DESCRIPTION OF NEW INSTANT REPLAY RULES

I. 2-POINT/3-POINT SHOTS:

Game officials will be permitted to use instant replay at any point during a game to determine (i) whether a successful field goal was correctly scored as a 2-point or 3-point field goal, and (ii) whether, for purposes of awarding the correct number of free throws, an unsuccessful field goal attempt on which the shooter was fouled was a 2-point or 3-point attempt.
RELATED LINKS

AUDIO: David Stern's conference call
NBA board of governors approves expanded use of replay

A. TRIGGER FOR INSTANT REPLAY REVIEW:

Replay review for 2-point/3-point field goals and shooting fouls would be triggered at the discretion of the game officials, and would be based on a conclusion by the crew that they cannot be reasonably certain whether the shot was a 2-point or 3-point field goal.

B. TIMING OF REVIEW:

1. 2-POINT/3-POINT FIELD GOALS:

a. During the first three periods of a game, any review of a 2-point/3-point field goal must be conducted at the next timeout or period break.

b. In the fourth period of a game, any review of a 2-point/3-point field goal occurring prior to the third full (mandatory) timeout must be conducted at the next timeout.

c. Following the third full timeout of the fourth period and during any overtime period(s), any review of a 2-point/3-point must be conducted at the next clock stoppage--including immediately upon a made basket when the clock stops in the final two minutes of a game. For this purpose, "immediately" means prior to the ball being touched inbounds on the play following the successful shot.

2.) SHOOTING FOULS:

During the entire game, any review of a shooting foul on a 2-point/3-point field goal attempt must be conducted immediately following the foul in question before any free throws are taken.

C. REVIEWABLE MATTERS:

During an instant replay review of a 2-point/3-point field goal or shooting foul, and in addition to determining whether the shot in question was properly called a 2-point or 3-point field goal, game officials would also be able to review certain other matters currently reviewable under the instant replay rules for shots made with no time remaining on the game clock -- specifically, whether the shooter committed a boundary line violation and whether the 24-second clock expired before the ball left the shooter's hand or the shooting foul was called. (Reviewable matters would not include other matters, such as flagrant fouls or player altercations.)
USE OF INSTANT REPLAY TO REVIEW CERTAIN GAME CLOCK MALFUNCTIONS:

Game officials will be permitted to use instant replay in circumstances where the game clock malfunctions during a play concluding with no time remaining on the clock (0:00) at the end of any quarter or overtime period.

A. TRIGGER OF INSTANT REPLAY REVIEW OF GAME CLOCK MALFUNCTION:

Referees will consult instant replay if:

1. A play concludes (i) with no time remaining on the clock (0:00) at the end of any quarter or overtime period or (ii) at a point when the game officials believe that actual time may have expired in any quarter or overtime period; and

2. The game officials are reasonably certain that a game clock malfunction has occurred during the play. (A game clock malfunction includes situations caused by a mechanical malfunction or human error, such as a clock starting too soon or too late or an inbound play, stopping during play (whether or not it is re-started), or running too quickly during play, but does not include discrepancies resulting from what the officials determine to be normal reaction time or reasonable anticipation in starting the clock.

B. TIMING OF REVIEW:

The timing of such reviews would occur immediately following the play in which a game clock malfunction is identified.

C. REVIEWABLE MATTERS:

During an instant replay review of a game clock malfunction, the game officials would determine how much time actually expired, how much time (if any) is remaining in the period, and whether a shot attempt was made or a foul committed before time actually expired. In addition, the game officials would also be allowed to review certain other matters currently reviewable under the instant replay rules for shots taken with no time remaining on the game clock -- specifically, whether the shooter committed a boundary line violation and whether an 8-second backcourt violation occurred before the ball left the shooter's hand.

nba.com (http://www.nba.com/2009/news/10/02/bog.replay/index.html):

NBA Board of Governors expands use of instant replay

By NBA Official News Release
Posted Oct 2 2009 6:37PM

New York, NY -- The NBA Board of Governors approved the expanded use of instant replay in two circumstances, beginning with the 2009-10 season, the league announced today. Referees will now be permitted to use instant replay in the following situations:

To determine at any point during the game whether a 24-second shot clock violation occurred prior to the release of a successful field goal attempt or prior to a foul being committed.

To determine during the last two minutes of regulation play and the last two minutes of any overtime period which player last touched the ball prior to it going out-of-bounds or whether the ball was last touched simultaneously by two opponents.

The out-of-bounds proposal was developed by a new instant replay committee consisting of: Danny Ainge, Boston Celtics Executive Director of Basketball Operations and General Manager; Rick Carlisle, Dallas Mavericks Head Coach; Mike Dunleavy, Los Angeles Clippers General Manager and Head Coach; Danny Ferry, Cleveland Cavaliers General Manager; Daryl Morey, Houston Rockets General Manager; Sam Presti, Oklahoma City Thunder General Manager; and Ed Stefanski, Philadelphia 76ers President and General Manager. The committee will continue to meet to discuss possible new uses of instant replay and monitor existing uses.

J$mo0th_3o5
11-11-2009, 01:34 AM
6-1:up:

kozelkid
11-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Meanwhile Wizards clearly overhyped atm.

Mavrix
11-11-2009, 02:13 AM
Just got back from the Houston-Mavs game. Woo second blow out in a row. If Mavs win tomorrow night in San Antonio, they would make a big statement in the west.

CityofTreez
11-11-2009, 03:39 AM
Tyreke Evans was a closer 2nite
20/8/8

Who would of thought: Kings 4-4 .500

Paul Westpahl doing a great job as of late, making Sac an exuberant team to watch again

JayW_1023
11-11-2009, 07:04 AM
People called me an idiot during the draft when I said Tyreke Evans was much better than James Harden. I'm not hearing those peeps now.

Meanwhile Dallas is looking really solid...people talk about Orlando, San Antonio, Portland and the Lakers being deep. But Dallas is just as deep. They have Kidd, Nowitzki, Howard, Marion and Terry ...those are all guys who can take over a game any given night.

roshan3ai
11-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Knicks over Hawks!:pray:

Rome
11-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Espn double header!

Kakaroach
11-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Jazz playing the Celtics decent so far. It would be so big if we could win this one...

Kakaroach
11-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Geez has anyone else seen Mo Williams tonight? Who told him to go off all of a sudden? 9/9 with 22 points.

Rome
11-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Mo hasnt missed yet. 9-9!