PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Being Discussed In Three-Way Deal

Gary Reasons
11-09-2009, 08:32 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/10346028/Sources:-Bradley-being-discussed-in-3-way-deal

The idea, while described as a longshot, is at least one way for the Cubs to trade outfielder Milton Bradley.

Bradley to the Blue Jays. First baseman Lyle Overbay to the Mets. Second baseman Luis Castillo to the Cubs.

The teams indeed have discussed the framework of such a deal, though not in direct fashion, according to major-league sources.

I dont particularly like Lyle Overbay, seems like a poor man's Sean Casey

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/o/overbly01.shtml

Twins Fan 7
11-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Seems to little for the Jays. I don't see why they'd do this.

Halladay
11-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Overbay has turned into a platoon player. He can only hit RHP. I wouldn't mind this deal if it went down.

fishfan79
11-09-2009, 08:46 PM
mets forum?

jrenz31
11-09-2009, 08:51 PM
This trade would be a great move for all three teams, the Cubs would be getting rid of Milton Bradley and they would be getting a proven second baseman, the Mets would get a first baseman and not have to start Daniel Murphy and then they could sign Orlando Hudson, and the Blue Jays would get Milton Bradley who would stay out of the spotlight in Toronto, and they clearly want to get rid of Overbay.

jrenz31
11-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Seems to little for the Jays. I don't see why they'd do this.

They'd do it because Lyle Overbay isnt very good, and Milton Bradley could wouldn't be such a distraction in Toronto. Let's not forget the guy was an All-Star two years ago.

oak2455
11-09-2009, 08:55 PM
This should make the Mets a forth place team:)

Kinsm
11-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Who pays Bradley's contract?

If I'm correct this is what they are still owed
Overbay is owed 7 mill/1 yr.
Bradley is owed 21 mill/2 yrs.
Castillo is owed 12 mill/2 yrs.

If I'm TOR I'd rather have Overbay over Bradley, factor in what they are owed there is no way I do it unless CHI/NY is sending 10-15 mill (3-5 from NY and 8-10 from CHI) along with Bradley.

FlakeyFool
11-09-2009, 09:06 PM
I'd take bradley and put him as DH

More-Than-Most
11-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I'd take bradley and put him as DH

This.

Overbay is washed up...I don't see him bringing very much.... Lets not forget castillo played very well for the Mets last year.

Confusion
11-09-2009, 09:13 PM
He's not a bad player.

jetsfan89
11-09-2009, 09:14 PM
This should make the Mets a forth place team:)

they were already a fourth place team.

Matt-the-great
11-09-2009, 09:20 PM
as a Jays fan, i would love to hve Bradley. Lind can move to 1b and i think Bradley would be a lot more like his 2008 self than his 2009 self. Even if he doesnt SLG .500, he still could easily have an OBP around .380.

there would need to be some money coming to us though to justify this.

johnnydollaz89
11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
i would defintly take this deal then sign hudson and holliday and a a SP and we will easily compete next yr

jetsfan89
11-09-2009, 09:23 PM
This.

Overbay is washed up...I don't see him bringing very much.... Lets not forget castillo played very well for the Mets last year.

They'd do it because Lyle Overbay isnt very good, and Milton Bradley could wouldn't be such a distraction in Toronto. Let's not forget the guy was an All-Star two years ago.

Overbay has turned into a platoon player. He can only hit RHP. I wouldn't mind this deal if it went down.

i haven't seen his splits, but last year he looked pretty solid to me.

OBP over .370
ISO of .200
wOBA of .363
BABIP of .308

Bill James projects him at 15 HR/60 RBI/.359 OBP/.443 SLG which is fine as a stopgap first baseman while Davis develops in AAA.

Twitchy
11-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Overbay's great against RHP, but if we could get Bradley for Overbay I wouldn't turn it down. Someone should give the Jays some cash though.

Bradley probably DHes, Lind might go to 1st so the Jays would need a RF if Snider stays in left. I could live with that. Unless Ruiz ends up playing 1st, and you leave Lind-Wells-Snider in the OF, but that'd be pretty awful defensively.

1908_Cubs
11-10-2009, 12:15 AM
I will murder Hendry if he pulls this.

Kinsm
11-10-2009, 01:57 AM
The Chicago Tribune's Paul Sullivan is reporting that Toronto "wants no part of Milton Bradley."

Your Name Here
11-10-2009, 02:09 AM

Indeed.

It makes sense to deal Bradley.

But Castillo is such a ****ing joke I'd rather just give Bradley to a team in exchange for them paying half his contract.

JOSKOMANG4
11-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Love it b/c....

By trading Castillo, we can now focus on Orlando Hudson.. which would be great

Also, I wouldnt mind Overbay at 1b against RHP.. and maybe(possibly) bring up a youngster to play against LHP.

Hate this b/c...

I want the Mets to focus on Adrian Gonzalez..

I really think we should offer San Diego the trade that we turn down from the Blue Jays

F-Mart, Tejada, Niese, and Parnell for A. Gonzalez.

JOSKOMANG4
11-10-2009, 12:20 PM
But I honestly wouldn't mind this trade.. but I wouldnt also mind a Bradley for Castillo swap.

People would disagree mainly b/c of Bradley's attitude.. but i still think the dude has a great bad.

With the trade.. we can also focus on 2 other things..

1) trading for Adrian Gonzalez
2) Signing Hudson

which i'm a big fan about..

If this goes down... Along with signee Marquis from Colorado.

Lineup:

C) Santos8
1b) Gonzalez3
2b) Hudson 1
SS) Reyes2
3b) Wright4
LF) Franceour6
CF) Beltran5
RF) Bradley7

Lineup in red

kyubi256
11-10-2009, 12:37 PM
why would you murder Hendry? He saves 9M in total from this deal and gets rid of Bradley...

Trust me no one wants him, even for half the salary. He had a bad year, is expensive, and has a bad attitude. Dude has negative value right now

NOLES
11-10-2009, 12:37 PM
The other day it was rumored that Vernon Wells would get swapped for Bradley......It's not a bad trade for the Jays, because we have a couple guys who can switch to 1st base who play ****** D in the outfield...Like Adam Lind, or even Encarnación who can hit, but can't play D....Overbay is being over paid, at almost 8 million a year..He got that deal off one good season in a Jays uni, last year he was complaining a lot about playing time.Pretty bad when Cito coach would rather start Kevin Millar then you....
I know everyone probably saw the Overbay - Snyder trade got scrapped, I can't see Lyle being in a Jays uni much longer.

NOLES
11-10-2009, 12:39 PM
The Chicago Tribune's Paul Sullivan is reporting that Toronto "wants no part of Milton Bradley."

lol...They have had enough drama in the clubhouse...they don't need more I guess....

Ron!n
11-10-2009, 12:44 PM
why would you murder Hendry? He saves 9M in total from this deal and gets rid of Bradley...

Trust me no one wants him, even for half the salary. He had a bad year, is expensive, and has a bad attitude. Dude has negative value right now
Bradley, no matter how big of an idiot he is, is WAY better than Luis Castillo.

Bradley is bound to bounce back, he had the worse season of his career. Especially since there are lots of more logical deals that can be made for Bradley, seeing as Hendry's been contacted by around 6 teams about him. Anything is better than Castillo.

Your Name Here
11-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Bradley, no matter how big of an idiot he is, is WAY better than Luis Castillo.

Bradley is bound to bounce back, he had the worse season of his career. Especially since there are lots of more logical deals that can be made for Bradley, seeing as Hendry's been contacted by around 6 teams about him. Anything is better than Castillo.

Bingo.

I'd rather have Juan ****ing Pierre back than have to suffer any length of time with Castillo on the roster.

scottythegreat1
11-10-2009, 01:56 PM

I will murder Alex Anthopoulos if he pulls this.

I know all about Bradley's troubles in the clubhuose, I wouldnt dare want him on the Blue Jays. The Blue Jays have a reputation for having great guys in the clubhouse, and that makes Milton Bradley a bad fit at any position.

redwhitenblue
11-10-2009, 03:06 PM

I'll take bad years with .380 OBP's from all my players.

CityofTreez
11-10-2009, 03:17 PM

My thought process the minute I read this thread title!